It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How long now?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I assume alot of you are aware of the Swine Flu that has recently started in the U.S. & Mexico

www.chron.com...

The latest update has a possible outbreak in New York City

In New York, officials say that about 75 students at a Queens high school have fallen ill with flu-like symptoms and testing is under way to rule out the strain of swine flu that has killed dozens in Mexico. The Health Department's Dr. Don Weiss said Friday that a team of agency doctors and investigators were dispatched to the private St. Francis Preparatory School the previous day after students reported fever, sore throat, cough, aches and pains. No one has been hospitalized.

How long will it be until you begin to engage the survival plans you have prepared?

It is really starting to look like S is about to HTF

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
best part of the article...

Mexico's government had maintained until late Thursday that there was nothing unusual about the flu cases, although this year's flu season had been worse and longer than past years.

The sudden turnaround by public health officials angered many Mexicans.

"They could have stopped it in time," said Araceli Cruz, 24, a university student who emerged from the subway wearing a surgical mask. "Now they've let it spread to other people."

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
This virus is targeting Young Healthy people. That just about covers everyone I know. Pets included in the young/ healthy part.

The best thing you can do for yourself is take in massive doses of C monster. I know it costs but it helps.

Don't treat this bug like an old flu, and always be ready for survival mode. All of you horror and resident evil fans know what I'm talking about.

911 isn't an option

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Okay, so I just got over Mono. I've been told I have a relatively poor immune system right now, does that mean i'd be less likely to get Swine flu, I am in Texas.

Mono, have no idea, from who, I haven't meant one person in my lifetime who showed symptoms of it at all, crazy. Thats beside the point.

Does it attack people with low immune systems too. I'm so confused. I'm reading and that only makes it worse!

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
This could be the beginning of a pandemic sitX and we might be bugging out soon. It could also just blow over and all we have is a couple hundred cases of swine flu. That is the ideals of a survivalist, be prepared for anything at any time. We don't know when it's coming. And we won't know it's coming untill it's here.

Republican08- You can catch Mono from a drinking fountain. You having a lowered immune system makes you more susceptable to getting influenza.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Some one predicted that the rate it was going now, in 32 days, the world would be infected, unless extreme precautions were taken. I dont kno if it is true. But, it was recently rumered around were I live, that the ManBirdPig Flu is around here. Which is odd cause this isnt a very large place. only 25k people in the whole county. If it is true, then im not safe in the mountains like i thought i would be.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by AntiConspirator
If it is true, then im not safe in the mountains like i thought i would be.

If you are in the mountains by youself or with just a small group and haven't been exposed to someone infected then you should be. Unless it becomes airborn, which influenza needs a host to survive so is not likely.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
In the early hours following the announcement of this flu, there was an ATS member who was a microbiologist who worked with viruses, and he sounded like he was convinced that this is going to be one scary, destructive abomination.

While flu victims are few, medical practitioners can give victims special treatment. In the event the numbers begin to get a little crazy, you're basically on you own.

Grocery stores will be closed. Hospitals will be overloaded, and generally, a good place to stay away from.

Just to get me and mine by, I just today laid in a lot of rice, dried beans, oats, salt, lard, and honey. The menu may be thin, but at least I won't have to go to the store if the time comes. Right now, it's plentiful and cheap.

I'll buy another couple months supplies next week.

3M 6800 respirators are prize too, and I have some of those. By purchasing extra P-100 HEPA filters, extra gaskets and exhale membranes, these masks will last a person for years and years.

This thing really starts spreading, I'm going to be mighty unsociable.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   
For everything to go crazy?

About a year and a half.

Give or take a few months.

My gut feeling.

[edit on 29-4-2009 by WatchRider]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

I'll be prepping my bugout bags tomorrow. I've been loading up on guns and ammo for awhile now. Just this week I have added many hundreds of more rounds to my stockpile. I'm getting ready to hunt for a long time.

Something just isn't right about this flu. The world is freaking out and it hasn't killed as much as the normal seasonal flu kills. It seems there is a few days where the infected are infectious but don't know they are even sick yet. It obviously appears to be an engineered form of the flu due to the cocktail of two swine types, avian, and human flu. The timing is out of season and it is originating in the wrong hemisphere. Too many things are making the internal conspiracy nut in me pay attention.

Why are we about to declare a level six pandemic when officially only one person in the USA has died? Martial law is coming with level 6. When that happens I'm bugging out and the country boy in me will take care of my family as long as I can.

But Obama has become a master of redirection. Our economy is about to go belly up. Chrysler and Gm are going to declare bankruptcy and the official bank stress tests will be released. The markets ae going to tank soon. Maybe all of this Flu hype is to keep us focused on something other than the economy? Russia and other countries are trying to hurt us financially by stopping all meat trade.

Whatever is going on, we are living in some F'D up times.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
we would probably wait till it went full blown and all normal activities are suspended... then it is off to the mountains to the shelter...

I would not wait to long till the govt. were to shut things like all travel down... but that would have to be a real wait and see what they are doing... right now I do not think the government is actually being accurate and truthful to any of us out here...

But as long as i can get out of the area ... I am not going to worry to much (yet)

new topics

top topics

join