It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear fears prompt Pakistan to prepare attack on Taleban

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
You're way off topic.

DU is an anti-armor round, not designed for soft targets, and white Phosphorous is a weapon which can be used in a counterattack.

I see now that you want to turn this Pakistan thread into another bash Israel/US endeavor.

Good luck.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

The Talibanization of Pakistan turned it into the first semi-official caliphate in the whole world, so the presence of NATO forces in Afghanistan becomes totally irrelevant, says RT military analyst Eugene Khrushchev.

first off, this eventuality might be what now VP Biden was talking about
when he said that a President Obama will have a major crisis on his hands before 6 months in office !

I recall, more than a year ago, when US forces were gingerly making UAV
incursions into Pakistan with Preditor missiles to strike AQ leaders...
there was lots of rumors that US Special Forces were covertly protecting the Nuke storage sites & since then i'd wager that 99% of the 'triggers' have been seperated from the warheads...and no arming codes are active...
~like i say, it's just my semi-educated guess~

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

No

I was pointing out the obvious mistake of claiming one country being more unpredictable than another by pointing out obvious flaws in the logic.

I only go of the evidence put before me, and currently it is not Pakistan, Iran or even North Korea that is unpredictable.
It is only unpredictable due to media attention and not by actions.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Very good observation I was thinking along those lines myself when I first heard this.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
U.S. 'extremely concerned' about Taliban movements in Pakistan

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The United States is keeping a close eye on Pakistan after this week's Taliban surge into the Buner district brought them just 60 miles from the capital, Islamabad.
A Taliban fighter in the district of Buner, which is only 96 kilometers from Islamabad.

A Pakistani government official said Friday that the insurgents had completely withdrawn from the district by the end of the week, but a human rights group said people in Buner were reporting that local Taliban remained in the district.

And senior U.S. officials cautioned that any withdrawal by the Taliban was likely meaningless and that the fundamentalist group now holds large areas of the country with the government seemingly unable to stop them.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   
The Talebanisation of Pakistan must be resisted at all costs.

We cannot allow these people to gain access to nuclear weaponry.

All Pakistani nuclear weapons should be removed from the country immediately or UK/US special forces should be sent in to permanently disarm them.

I suspect India and Israel are both watching this with alarm, with India probably the most likely to take action if the situation worsens.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   

All Pakistani nuclear weapons should be removed from the country immediately or UK/US special forces should be sent in to permanently disarm them.
reply to post by Freeborn

I can imagine the dialogue between Barack and the Pakistani President"

"Hey! This Barack, Asalla!
Yea, we noticed you can't seem to do anything with those Taliban over there and we want to help!
Now that I've taken care of the problem with the pesticides in the White House Garden I have a little time to tackle the Pakistan thing.
I've decided to go in and grab your nucs so we can transport them down to the Gulf and keep them nice and safe on one of our Cruisers.
That'll be cool with you guys won't it!
Yea, cool!"

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
Pakistan better be worried about India. They are not about to let a Talibani government have control over nukes. So if Pakistan can't eliminate the Taliban threat, the Indians certainly will.

Pakistan worried about india?

These same millitants slaughter hundreds of hindus every year in kashmir and india while the indian government sits and watches its people die day after another.Mumbai attacks were prime example of the incapability of the indian government and its weak armed forces who are only good at performing parades.

The reason pakistani government can't tackle this taliban problem because its not good enough and neither is the pakistani army.When pakistan realised its weakness after bangladesh separated and wars lost it saw its future in religious people who had defeated russia in 1980s.Pakistan used the same formula to fight in kashmir giving the indians one hell of a bloody nose.The tables turned after 9/11 though.

Pakistani politicians have taken this prime opportunity to squeeze $Billions out the West to feed them and their armed forces in the name of fighting 'terror'.

Pakistan has only 2 choices at the moment if the pressure keeps building up:

-Either it gets rid of the taliban itself with 30k dead soldeirs and a full blown civil war.

OR

-Let the West and the rest pound pakistan left, right and centre.

Pakistan is in the middle at the moment and only time will what's to come in future.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by merkava

Another breaking news thread here.
Stay up to date

Taliban deride 'worthless' truce with Pakistan

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I believe a war between Pakistan and India will trigger WW3. No way India will sit and watch Taliban take control over Pakistans nuclear arsenal...no way.
Someone have to react, and i dont believe it to be Pakistan forces. India will probably do a mass strike againts Taliban controlled areas, which will escalate to involve Pakistan forces...and there you go...a full blow nuclear war between 2 old enemies.

What disturbes me, is the apathy of the main public concerning Taliban/Afganistan/Pakistan issue...

[edit on 27-4-2009 by noroman]

[edit on 27-4-2009 by noroman]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by noroman

Check out the above link I posted for further details it's gonna get ugly quicker than most realize.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Ring, ring, ring…hello you have reached the Executive Offices of George H.W. Bush, Sr., if you know your party’s extension dial it at any time.

Press 1 if you are a multi-ton narcotics trafficker looking for import/export guarantees.

Press 2 if you are insanely wealthy and have idiot coc aine and alcohol addicted child you wish to be made the leader of your nation.

Press 3 if you are a technological advanced weaponry manufacture having difficulties securing government contracts.

Press 4 if you are a pharmaceutical manufacture having difficulty getting FDA approval.

Press 5 if you are a bank owner who has not received your portion of the latest bailout package.

Press 6 if you represent a city with 5 star superior deluxe hotels and restaurants who would like to host the next G-20 conference.

Press 7 if you would like to plant yet another tree in Israel in my name.

Press 8 if you need the Taliban to justify a military or security action.

All other callers please hold for the next available operator…

#8…Hello! And greetings this is George H.W. Bush, Sr. speaking, which one of the 1,000 points of light am I talking to?

Hola, hello, Senior George is me Alvaro Uribe El Presidente, President of Columbia.

George: Hola to you too my good friend, for security purposes I must ask you for your Thousand Points of Light identification number?

Alvaro: Certainly Senior George it is 392!

George: Excellent, excellent and the PIN number?

Alvaro: It is 666, though Senior George you assign everyone that PIN number!

George: That’s true my amigo but that’s why I now have to ask you what was your first pet’s name?

Alvaro: Evita Senior George, she was an Appaloosa Pony.

George: I bet she was…now how can I help you today?

Alvaro: Si Senior George it is Panama, I was wondering since America no longer owns the Panama Canal and since Panama was once a part of Columbia before Teddy Roosevelt helped stage the coup to make it an independent country he could control to build the canal…well since it’s not yours anymore, we here in Columbia would like to take Panama back!

George: Darn Democrats! Sounds just like something they would do, but you know I would love to help, what did you have in mind?

Alvaro: Si, si, I would like to rent the Taliban have them encamp a few units on the border inside of Panama and maybe set up one of those impressive Terrorist Training Schools.

George: You mean like the one my son set up at Guantanamo Bay?

Alvaro: No not an advance Terrorist Training School, I mean like a camp.

George: Oh, I got you amigo…well, it might be kind of hard, I have the Taliban spread pretty thin right now, what in Pakistan and Afghanistan, Sudan and Somalia and recruitment is kind of slow, ever since our last Bin Laden decided to go trekking in the Himalayas to find himself…to tell the truth a lot of the Taliban are starting to get suspicious that Osama did not leave Warren Hatch in charge…it might be hard.

Alvaro: Look I understand Senior George, we here in Columbia are known for our negotiating prowess too, but I am facing a tough reelection. I tell you what, I will discount all coc aine, marijuana and heroine shipments to the United States by 20% plus pay the normal 200.00 per day plus expenses per Taliban Soldier you usually charge…but no one under 13. My soldiers are Catholics and won’t shoot children like yours will!

George: Alvaro my friend that’s a deal let me just make a note of this no one under 10, right?

Alvaro: Ha, ha you are such a kidder Senior George, no one under 13!

George: Got it, I can have 2,000 Taliban in Panama within sixty days that work for you?

Alvaro: Perfect Senior George, as always it is an extreme pleasure doing business with you, the discounts on the shipments start immediately and will last for 1 year, invoice me on the men and expect payment 90 days out!

George: That’s a deal and keep up the good work Point of Light 391 is getting close to retiring and I just might move you up a number!

Alvaro: Oh no, Andy Rooney is retiring?

George: Yep I know it’s hard to believe huh?

Alvaro: Muchas gracias Senior George…have a pleasant day my amigo.

George: Alvaro please stay on the line after I hang up you have been selected to take a brief customer service survey…thanks for calling my friend.

Alvaro: Si, si, adios Senior George.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
The taleban need to be eradicated at all costs. These random UCAV attacks are way too minimal and are only serving to incite them than deter them. Half measures will achieve nothing. The Pakistani government and military has been compromised and subsequently are not willing to tackle this threat. The threat is real and is posed not only domestically but to all neighbouring countries.

What i find extremely troubling is the amount of foreign aid given to Pakistan, just this week billions were promised by the British and Japanese. I remember quite clearly Obama raising this issue during his election campaign and quite rightly questioning the effectiveness of such military aid. Pakistan have milked the west for billions and billions only to bolster their nuclear arsenal that is now proving a threat to the entire region and beyond. I would therefore like to see Obama show some strong leadership on this issue and tell the Pakistanis in no uncertain terms that should they not tackle the threat then someone else will.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by theblunttruth

Well here is a follow up report I just posted.
Follow the link

Pakistan launches air and tank attacks to halt march of Taliban

top topics

<< 1   >>

join