It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear fears prompt Pakistan to prepare attack on Taleban

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Nuclear fears prompt Pakistan to prepare attack on Taleban

www.timesonline.co.uk

Thousands of Pakistani troops were massing for an assault on Taleban positions 65 miles from the country’s capital last night after giving the insurgents 24 hours to withdraw from their advanced positions or face attack.

The threat of force follows a stern warning from American policymakers that Islamabad was doing too little to stem a growing militant insurgency.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.miamiherald.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Pakistan bid to stop Taleban push

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I was going to post this in my already going breaking news thread but this seems to be getting worse by the hour! All of a sudden people are waking up to this possible nightmare scenario. Who's going to guard the NUKES?

The report goes on to say

The US considers rooting out militant sanctuaries in Pakistan critical to success in the Afghan war. Washington is also worried about the security of Pakistan’s nuclear weapons

www.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 24-4-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
For those of you who missed it I had posted another thread with regard to this looming threat I'll re post the thread link here.
No comments? Now that is a conspiracy!

Pakistan bid to stop Taliban push

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I have an idea, disarm nuclear technology in Pakistan right away, they can no longer trust them selves with it and the only danger is their own people turning against the government which is the blatant case anyway.
If you have toys of mass disruption in your house, make sure your kids don't play with them, throw them out. India does not need to get involved, Pakistan has its own problems from within, just make sure they don't use the nukes first to blackmail fear into people having to convert to Islam the religion of no choice.

[edit on 24-4-2009 by The time lord]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Just another part of the play.

Now we have a nuclear North Korea, and almost a nuclear Taliban.

How long until WWIII?

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   

The Talibanization of Pakistan turned it into the first semi-official caliphate in the whole world, so the presence of NATO forces in Afghanistan becomes totally irrelevant, says RT military analyst Eugene Khrushchev.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
The problem with Korea, Pakistan and Iran is, the lack of trust with such weapons they are too unpredictable.

Look people of ATS do not worry the worry should be put onto God's shoulder, this will never happen and if it does God will do it his way, he does not want earth ruined for his return, he may just clean a few areas out for our safety in the process.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   

No comments? Now that is a conspiracy!
reply to post by SLAYER69

The MSM is consumed with their love affair with Barack having multiple orgasms about his reaching the 100th day with an approval rating. Never mind that the Taleban may overrun Islamabad and steal the nucs. What's the big deal? Oh yes and Michelle is having an ORGANIC garden at the white house so we are 100% earth friendly and Green. That should save some carbon!

Moving American troops in to reinforce the willie nillie Pakistanis will be next week's news!

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Slayer,

I empathise with your concerns, and see what is building up here.....I posted a thread warning about this very incident itself that is going on right now...and that was back in July 2006.......

www.abovetopsecret.com...

" What if there were an Islamic Al-qaeda and Taliban Coup-de-tet in Pakistan overnight ? "

Just say that the above situation did happen; imagine the repercussions? Pakistan would become a terrorist nation with access to nukes and the delivery means of launching them. They could and would effectively bring into being their dreamed of "Islamic Caliphate" that would include Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iran, Syria, Saudi and Emirates, Iraq, Egypt, Somalia (I think); basically there would be a huge land mass that would become Isalmic, militant and Nuclear......just think for a second the repercussions of this.

It would be like an Isalmic superpower and I'm sure they would be willing to flex their muscle, at first probably taking on smaller nations in their path towards Indoneasia, the worlds largest muslim nation by population. Imagine the threat this would pose to Australia.

I like, yourself only received 1 reply to my thread when I posted it....I gues nobody else on ATS thought of it as a serious threat.

An emerging Muslim Caliphate, could eventuate overnight, with access to nukes, arab nations would merge overnight for the single cause of taking on the West and controlling the Mid East, Central and South East Asia for themselves......

They would have an enormous amount of willing soldiers to sacrifice for this cause....and quite frankly pose the most serious threat to western stability we've seen.

Yeah, there will be nay-sayers who blindly beleive it would never be allowed to ahppen, but these militants are within 100km of Pakistans capital...doesnt that tell you something?

The Pakistani's themselves are supporting this. The Pakistani Government is the only thing that supports western action in the area.....

I beleive Pakistan will fall soon, and wouldnt be surprised if Saudi Arabia goes aswell...since their populace is against everything their Sheiks do.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by plumranch

I'll tell you whats really funny...
People are more worried about and chatting about a possible flu out break than a very real possibility of Nukes being seized and used covertly in their own back yard.

I tell you people have their priorities bass ackwards!

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I gave a look on-line to see what literature there was on Pakistani safe guards relating to its nuclear infrastructure and devices.

I found this paper dated October 25-27, 2001.
Sponsored by the Stanley Foundation for the 42nd Strategy for Peace Conference.
Securing Pakistan`s Nuclear Weapons Complex

Areas of particular concern : maintaining adequate security over the nuclear complex and ensuring that adequate control exists over the nuclear weapons themselves.

Fissile Material Production.
Nuclear Weapons Manufacturing Sites
Nuclear Weapons Storage and Deployment Sites.

The paper ends on a speculative final note , poising the question What about a Military Coup?

.....an extract

Several observers have suggested that if Pakistan suffers a coup by forces hostile to the United States, the US military should be ready to provide security over the nuclear weapons (or even to take the weapons out of Pakistan entirely) without the permission of the Pakistani authorities.

Others have raised the possibility of asking President Musharraf to allow the United States or China to take possession of Pakistan's nuclear weapons during a coup.

Although such responses appear possible in theory, their implementation could be extremely difficult and dangerous. A U.S. military action to seize or cripple Pakistan's strategic nuclear assets may encourage India to take similar action, in essence to finish the job.

Even if India does nothing, a new Pakistani government may launch any remaining nuclear weapons at U.S. forces or against India.

In addition, removing the nuclear weapons would not be enough. The new government would inherit the facilities to make nuclear weapons.

Extensive bombing would thus be required at several nuclear sites, including the relatively large Khushab reactor and New Labs reprocessing plant.

These types of attacks risk the release of a large amount of radiation if they are to ensure that the facility is not relatively quickly restored to operation. For example, bombing the facility so as to bring the roof down on the reactor core or hot cells is unlikely to be sufficient.

The integrity of the Pakistani army will be the difference .
But that gets eroded every-time a drone delivers its payload .

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

Awesome. that was very informative.
I'm going to read through and the link in a bit.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I find it interesting the part that mentions securing Pakistans nuclear weapons by force.......

yes, the US might remove them, but how easy would that be then to detonate on US soil and blame the Taliban for smuggling it into the usa?

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I don't think there's much to worry about, as Obama stated he had made a trip to Pakistan as a young man and therefore has a handle on the pulse of the nation.

Let's see. During the campaign, he said he'd invade Pakistan. Then when our Secretary of State went abroad, she ignored Pakistan and India.

Obama and his administration are apparently right on top of this.

Pakistan better be worried about India. They are not about to let a Talibani government have control over nukes. So if Pakistan can't eliminate the Taliban threat, the Indians certainly will.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by The time lord

Your fist line made me laugh
Iran, Pakistan and N.Korea are unpredictable.
Last time I looked, these countries wern't using depleted uranium shells against civillians.
They are not using white phosphorus in populated areas.
These countries never invaded other countries on some trumped up intelligence about WMD's.

It would appear that the countries that are unpredictable are already in possesion of Nuclear weapons, and one such country even denies having them and refuses to sign the non proliferation treaty.

But of course the bad guys are only bad when they don't agree with you.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Melbourne_Militia
I find it interesting the part that mentions securing Pakistans nuclear weapons by force.......

yes, the US might remove them, but how easy would that be then to detonate on US soil and blame the Taliban for smuggling it into the usa?

we wouldn't need theirs we have plenty.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Don't worry guys we got Ufos preventing the nukes, remember?

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
munkey, I'm fairly familiar with small weapons ammo, and I'm very curious as to the source of your information that either the US or Israel has been shooting depleted uranium at civilians.

Depleted uranium is very, very hard on barrels, and will actually not work very well, as the lands would be stripped out in just a couple of shots.

In fact, the only munition I'm aware of where ground forces use depleted uranium, is in anti-armor rounds, specifically sabot. Usually found in tanks.

Since sabot is only a penetrating, solid rod at high velocity, it would be highly inefficient against soft targets, whereas high explosive would be much more effective.

And white phosphorous exploded to high in the air is ineffective against ground personnel, but it can be used for the purpose of misdirection.

Can you please enlighten us a bit?

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by The time lord
The problem with Korea, Pakistan and Iran is, the lack of trust with such weapons they are too unpredictable.

Look people of ATS do not worry the worry should be put onto God's shoulder, this will never happen and if it does God will do it his way, he does not want earth ruined for his return, he may just clean a few areas out for our safety in the process.

Have you ever read revelation? There is already going to be some pretty hard core destruction of the earth: earthquakes, stars being cast down to the earth, wormwood, plague, famine...basically your worst possible nightmare. And lets not forget that final battle and all of the predicted wars.

I also am a Christian; however, I do not, nor will I ever claim I know God's will or what he will or will not allow to happen unless he communicates it to me and I am fairly certain that will never happen.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

I am sorry dooper, I must have been misinformed about Iraqi children suddering the side effeccts of DU laying around, the tanks where obviosly shooting away from the centre of the cities because we all know in order to take over a city you shoot away from it.

I must have been looking at a different Gaza when the white phosphorus was burning innocent civillians, the Palestinians should be more careful when handeling white phosphorus and trying to fire it into Israel, they must have set it on homing pidgeon setting and the white phosphorus returned.

But what I did see you fail to do was address the nuclear weapons that are being denied to exist and a country that does not sign the NPT.
You also failed to address the invasion of a country on false information.

So once again, which is more unpredictable?
countries that torture and then say they didn't?
countries who invade on false information?
countries that lie about nuclear stockpiles?
countries that use weapons in such a way that it is illegal to do so?
people who lock away a people into a tiny strip and then attack them with no means of esccape?

the media could turn mother Teresa into a criminal if it chose to do so, I think you may find the axis of evil may be no more evil that the coalition of the willing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join