It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Credible UFO Quotes by prominent individuals.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Draft Of Top Secret UFO Memo Now Public

Through the diligent research efforts of York University researcher Nick Balaskas, a draft of the original "Project Magnet" Top Secret Memo has been recovered from the Archives at the University of Ottawa. It adds important information to the Wilbert Smith UFO research efforts for the Canadian government.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a6da375024ba.gif[/atsimg]

The "Project Magnet" Top Secret memo is the key document in the large Smith collection of UFO material, now stored in the archives at the University of Ottawa. In the memo, Smith outlined five key items about flying saucers that he had discovered while in discussions with top U.S. officials working on the flying saucer problem. These were:

1) The matter is the most highly classified subject in the United States Government, rating higher than even the H-bomb.

2) Flying saucers exist.

3) Their modus operandi is unknown but concentrated effort is being made by a small group headed by Vannevar Bush.

4) The entire matter is considered by the United States authorities to be of tremendous significance.

5) The United States authorities are investigating along quite a number of lines, which might possibly be related to the saucers such as mental phenomena

Purpose

This project is for the purpose of studying magnetic phenomena, particularly those phenomena resulting from unusual boundary conditions in the basic electromagnetic field. There is reason to believe their discovery will open up a new and useful technology.

Organization

The initial organization shall be as small as practical and composed of personnel who are used to working together, including so far as possible a variety of research abilities. Laboratory facilities are to be drawn from existing facilities so far as possible. Overall responsibility for the project shall rest with the engineer-in-charge, who shall delegate such responsibility to subordinates as maybe required to carry out the project.

Program

The initial program shall include the following avenues of investigations, to which others may be added from time top time as may appear expedient.

1. Theoretical study of electromagnetic radiation assuming boundary conditions different from those upon which the conventional theory was developed.

2. Laboratory study of mechanical forces associated with electron drift and electric currents in metallic masses.

3. Theoretical and laboratory study of magnetic domain resonance conditions in magnetic materials.

4. Investigation of the propagation of magnetic wave motion in magnetic materials.

5. Investigate the possibility of producing, an effect, a "sink" in a magnetic field.

6. Investigate the possibility of producing, in effect, single isolated magnetic poles.

7. Investigate the effects of a magnetic field on a rotating curviplaner metallic object.

Coordination:

Full coordination is to be maintained, within security regulations, with other groups working on a parallel or associated problems. Project reports will be available on a classified basis to suitably accredited groups of individuals.

Security:

As in the case with most fields of research, it is impossible to assess the results in advance, which might be obtained through this project. However, there exist certain suspicions that the lesser-known and little explored aspects of magnetism may hold the key to a new and significant technology. Consequently, it is intended to classify this work in it entirety until such time as it can be assessed for its impact on our civilization.
Top Secret Draft

link

edit on 11-1-2013 by karl 12 because: Fix link

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Quotes from prominent scientists about the true nature of 'Government sponsered' investigations into the UFO subject.

Condon Report and Project Bluebook:

"Our study would be conducted exclusively by "Non Believers". The trick would be ,I think,to describe the project so that to the public it would appear totally objective study.
Conclusion...There is no secrecy and no evidence that such objects even exist."
Memorandum from Robert Low - Project Administrator CONDON Report (Oct 1966 - Jan 1969) to Colorado University V.P. Thurston Marshall

"I was there at [Project] Bluebook and I know the job they had. They were told not to excite the public, not to rock the boat... Whenever a case happened that they coud explain--which was quite a few--they made a point of that, and let that out to the media. . .Cases that were very difficult to explain, they would jump handsprings to keep the media away from them. They had a job to do, rightfully or wrongfully, to keep the public from getting excited."
Dr. J. Allen Hynek, former Chairman of the Dept. of Astronomy at North Western University and scientific advisor to Project Bluebook from 1952-1969

"My study of past official Air Force investigations (Project Blue Book) leads me to describe them as completely superficial. Officially released 'explanations' of important UFO sightings have been almost absurdly erroneous."
Senior Atmospherical Physicist Dr James McDonald, speech to American Meteorological Society 1966

"Blue Book was now under direct orders to debunk...I remember the conversations around the conference table in which it was suggested that Walt Disney or some other educational cartoon producer be enlisted in the debunking process".
Dr J Allen Hynek, Chairman of the Department of Astronomy at Northwestern University and scientific consultant for Air Force investigations of UFOs from 1948 until 1969 (Projects Sign, Grudge and Blue Book).

"Based upon unreliable and unscientific surmises as data, the Air Force develops elaborate statistical findings which seem impressive to the uninitiated public unschooled in the fallacies of the statistical method. One must conclude that the highly publicized Air Force pronouncements based upon unsound statistics serve merely to misrepresent the true character of the UFO phenomena."
Yale Scientific Magazine (Yale University) Volume XXXVII, Number 7, April 1963

"Project Blue Book was ballyhooed by the Air Force as a full-fledged top-priority operation. It was no such thing. The staff, in a sense, was a joke. In terms of scientific training and numbers, it was highly inadequate to the task. And the methods used were positively archaic. And that is the crack operation that the general public believes looked adequately into the UFO phenomenon".
Dr J Allen Hynek, Chairman of the Department of Astronomy at Northwestern University and scientific consultant for Air Force investigations of UFOs from 1948 until 1969 (Projects Sign, Grudge and Blue Book).

Interesting document which shows that Dr Condon was in cahoots with the CIA and ordered never to mention their involvement in his report:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/de8a08173000.gif[/atsimg]

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Quote about UFO Radar reports by Captain Ruppelt:

"Of these UFO reports,the radar/visual reports are the most convincing. When a ground radar picks up a UFO target and a ground observer sees a light where the radar target is located,then a jet interceptor is scrambled to intercept the UFO and the pilot also sees the lights and gets a radar lock only to have the UFO almost impudently outdistance him,there is no simple answer."

Edward J Ruppelt USAF Capt 1956

Eighty Years of Pilot UFO sightings

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
THe Hellier appointment.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by HaarpI13
THe Hellier appointment.

As in Paul Hellyer?

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

2) Flying saucers exist.

3) Their modus operandi is unknown but concentrated effort is being made by a small group headed by Vannevar Bush.

Their, as in such and such a people or persons that is sentient and may even have a "modus operandi" attributed to them. He/she/his/hers/theirs.....hmmmm.
Yeah, how many times do we hear from the skeptics that yes ufos exist, but that doesn't mean that non-terrans fly them. Hmmmm. Well, the technology is a bit over their heads, but of course theres the nazis I suppose and could they account for everything? Extremely doubtful!

[edit on 24-5-2009 by mystiq]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by mystiq
reply to post by karl 12

2) Flying saucers exist.

Their, as in such and such a people or persons that is sentient and may even have a "modus operandi" attributed to them. He/she/his/hers/theirs.....hmmmm.
Yeah, how many times do we hear from the skeptics that yes ufos exist, but that doesn't mean that non-terrans fly them. Hmmmm. Well, the technology is a bit over their heads, but of course theres the nazis I suppose and could they account for everything? Extremely doubtful!

[edit on 24-5-2009 by mystiq]

The skeptics (for want of a better word) don't have the luxury of regular and sustained contact with ETs. Until the day comes when me and the family are regularly interfered with, I'll have to accept the reality of UFOs as just a phenomenon. We (skeptics? Labels are crap) don't know 100%, or even 60%, that the UFOs are aspects of ET intelligence so it's too great a leap to declare they are aliens.

If we're getting snarky about skeptics, what are you doing at Christmas? Your place or theirs?

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   

“The undeniable reality is that there are a substantial number of multi-sensor UFO cases backed by thousands of credible witnesses. In the physical domain there are many photos, videos, radar tracking, satellite sensor reports, landing traces including depressions and anomalous residual radiation, electromagnetic interference, and confirmed physiological effects. Personal observations have been made both day and night, often under excellent visibility with some at close range. Included are reports from multiple independent witnesses to the same event. Psychological testing of some observers has confirmed their mentally competence. Why is none of this considered evidence?

There are over 3000 cases reported by pilots, some of which include interference with flight controls. On numerous occasions air traffic controllers and other radar operators have noted unexplained objects on their scopes. So too have several astronomers and other competent scientists reported their personal observations. Many military officials from several countries have confirmed multi-sensor observations of UFOs. The most senior air defense officers of Russia, Brazil, Belgium and recently a former Chief of Naval Operations in Chile all have stated that UFOs are real. These cases and comments are a miniscule fraction of the total body of evidence.

Of course they do not constitute irrefutable proof. However, to state there is no evidence suggestive of intelligent extraterrestrial life simply belies the facts. Decades in duration and global in nature, there are too many hard sensor data-points and millions of eyewitnesses to ignore. We certainly can debate the significance of specific data and question whether or not it establishes a causal relationship between the observations and extraterrestrial life. However, it is only through ignorance or pomposity that one can say no evidence exists.”
John B. Alexander,Ph.D.
Advisory board for the National Institute for Discovery Science (NIDS)

"The possibility that the Earth might be under surveillance by some high civilization in command of a technology far beyond ours must not be overlooked in weighing the UFO problem. I am one of those who lean strongly towards the extraterrestrial hypothesis. I arrived at that point by a process of elimination of other alternative hypotheses, not by arguments based on what I would call "irrefutable proof." I am convinced that the recurrent observations by reliable citizens here and abroad over the past twenty years cannot be brushed aside as nonsense, but rather need to be taken extremely seriously as evidence that some phenomenon is going on which we simply do not understand.”
Dr James McDonald -Senior physicist at the Institute for Atmospheric Physics and professor in the Department of Meteorology at the University of Arizona

"The fact that since 1946 numerous persons in all countries have made detailed reports of events they regard as strange, mysterious, sometimes even terrifying, deserves attention. While many of the reports can be traced to natural events, we intend to demonstrate that, after the inevitable errors and the obvious hoaxes are eliminated, the reports reveal common characterstics, possess a high degree of internal coherence, and appear to be the result of the witnesses’ exposure to a set of unusual circumstances".
Dr. Jacques Vallee, Astrophysicist
from the introduction to ‘Challenge to Science: The UFO Enigma’, 1966

"I will stress once again that we do not know the source from which the UFOs or the alien beings come (whether or not, for example, they originate in the physical universe as modern astrophysics has described it). But they manifest in the physical world and bring about definable consequences in that domain."
John E. Mack, M.D., Professor of Psychiatry, Harvard University, Pulitzer Prize winning author

“Over the past eighteen years I have acted as a scientific consultant to the U.S. Air Force on the subject of unidentified flying objects – UFO’s. As a consequence of my work on the voluminous air force files and, to a greater extent, of personal investigation of many puzzling cases and interviews with witnesses of good repute, I have long been aware that the subject of UFO’s could not be dismissed as mere nonsense".

“For nearly 40 years, the science establishment has ignored the UFO problem, relegating it to the domain of “true believers and mental imcompetents” (a.k.a. "kooks and nuts" [according to the former editor of Applied Optics magazine]).
Scientists have participated in a "self-cover-up" by refusing to look at the credible and well-reported data.
Furthermore, some of those few scientists who have studied UFO data have published explanations which are unconvincing or just plain wrong and have "gotten away with it" because most of the rest of the scientific community has not cared enough to analyze these explanations. The general rejection of the scientific validity of UFO sightings has made it difficult to publish analyses of good sightings in refereed journals of establishment science.”
Bruce Maccabee, optical physicist

“During my long investigation of these strange objects, I have seen many reports verified by Air Force Intelligence, detailed accounts by Air Force pilots, radar operators, and other trained observers proving the UFOs are high-speed craft superior to anything built on Earth.”
U.S. Major Donald Keyhoe

"I have been studying now for about 2 years, on a rather intensive basis, the UFO problem. I have interviewed several hundred witnesses in selected cases, and I am astonished at what I have found".
Dr James McDonald -Senior physicist at the Institute for Atmospheric Physics and professor in the Department of Meteorology at the University of Arizona - Oral statement to House Committee on Science and Astronautics at July 29, 1968

“On the basis of my offical research and investigation into UFO sightings and reports of alien contact, I am personally convinced that intelligent extraterrestrial are visiting Earth. I say this on the basis of the data available to me at the Ministry of Defense, both in terms of the historic records and the several hundred new cases that I investigated each year.

…There was a hard core of cases that defied any conventional explanation and involved craft capable of speeds and maneuvers beyond the capabilities of our own technology. I was particularly interested in UFO sightings that could be correlated by radar and in reports where the witnesses were military personnel; such cases were directly responsible for my gradual conversion from skeptic to believer.”
Nick Pope - Head of the "UFO desk" at Air Secretariat 2-A, British Ministry of Defence from 1991-1994

“Cut through the ridicule and search for factual information in most of the skeptical commentary and one is usually left with nothing. This is not surprising. After all, how can one rationally object to a call for scientific examination of evidence? Be skeptical of the "skeptics."
Bernard Haisch, Astrophysicist.

"From the earliest days of the modern outbreak of sightings some forty years ago, there is a quite remarkable similarity between the descriptions given by observers of the flying vehicles. It is the more remarkable that there have been tens of thousands of these reports, from observers who range who range from illiterate peasants in Argentina and Spain to people with Ph.D.s in other countries and they have all been given spontaneously—which has led to the generic term “flying saucer.”

There have been thousands, perhaps tens of thousands, of sightings and encounters, physical results and of the latter, by people all over the world whose evidence on any other subject would be accepted without question. There have been major investigations lasting thirty or forty years by the governments of the USA, Russia and France, for certain, and probably Britain and other countries."
Lord Admiral Hill-Norton (GCB), Chief of Defense Staff, Ministry of Defense, Britain; Chairman, Military Committee of NATO; Admiral of the Fleet; Member of House of Lords.

"The definitive resolution of the UFO enigma will not come about unless and until the problem is subjected to open and extensive scientific study by the normal procedures of established science.
In their public statements (but not necessarily in their private statements), scientists express a generally negative attitude towards the UFO problem, and it is interesting to try to understand this attitude. Most scientists have never had the occasion to confront evidence concerning the UFO phenomenon.”
Dr. Peter A. Sturrock, Professor of Space Science and Astrophysics and Deputy Director of the Center for Space Sciences and Astrophysics at Stanford University (Survey of American Astronomical Society)

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Interesting declassified document obtained through the FOIA:

HOW TO "EXPLAIN" UFOS TO THE PUBLIC:

This is an early policy document focused on a strategy for "explaining" UFOs to the public and "working" with the media.
For example:

"...for those times where the object is not explainable, it would be well to advise your people to say something on this order. "The information on this sighting will be analyzed by the Air Technical Intelligence Center at Dayton, Ohio," and leave it at that..."

REFERENCES:
Title: RE: concerning the "Unidentified Flying Object Program"
To: Brigadier General W. M. Burgess, USAF Air Defense Command
Author: Colonel George E. Perry, USAF, Directorate of Intelligence.
Date: 23 December 23, 1953
Classification: CONFIDENTIAL

DOCUMENT:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b417c035bb0c.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   

German Scientists Support UFOs as Interplanetary Craft

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a0afd0b6e865.jpg[/atsimg]

West Germany, which had been the scene of so many visits by the UFO's, including some reported landings, named the father of German Rocketry, the world- famous space-travel scientist, Professor Hermann Oberth, to head their UFO probe.
After three years of studying the information supplied by his own and other governments, the outspoken Oberth said at a news conference in 1954:

"There is no doubt in my mind that these objects (UFO's) are interplanetary craft of some sort. I am confident that they do not originate in our solar system, but they may use Mars or some other body for a way station. It is also our conclusion that they are propelled by distorting or converting the gravitational field."

link

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Lost planes

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e9fe6e6c2e26.jpg[/atsimg]

"We Have Lost Many Men and Planes Trying To Intercept UFOs"
General Benjamin Chidlaw

Timothy Good writes,"The destruction or disappearance of military aircraft during interceptions of UFOs continued apace." As General Benjamin Chidlaw, former commanding general of the Air Defense Command told Robert C. Gardener (ex USAF) in 1953:

"We have stack of reports of flying saucers. We take them seriously, when you consider we have lost many men and planes trying to intercept them."

Leonard Stringfield, the former Air Force intelligence officer was told by a reliable source in the 1950s that the "Air Force was losing about a plane a day to the UFOs".

link

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
A Harry Truman press conference from July 10, 1947:

Q. Mr. President, have you seen any flying saucers ?

THE PRESIDENT. Only in the newspapers. [Laughter]

Q. Any explanations of them from over here?

THE PRESIDENT. Only the explanations I have seen in the newspapers. Did you ever hear of the moon hoax ?

www.trumanlibrary.org...

Now this segment from a July 20, 1952 press conference right after the famous DC sightings. This presser's transcript isn't posted at the Truman library but I have heard a taped snippet and it is clearly Truman's voice.

REPORTER: "Did the Joint Chiefs of Staff talk to you or concern you about the unknown, or unidentified, flying objects?"

TRUMAN: "Oh yes, we discussed this at every conference that we had with the military and they were never able to make me a concrete report on that."

REPORTER: "Do you have anything on the subject, Sir?"

TRUMAN: "No I have not. I haven't anything on the subject, and... There's always things like that going on, flying saucers and er we've had other things, you know..."

Of course the last quote is on youtube and is easily found.

From looking at quotes and reportages you often find things twisted and taken out of context. I've found 4 different versions of one event related to the DC sightings.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

1: Landry calls Ruppelt directly. Source is Ruppelt in his book. I'll go with this one. I think, after reading his book, Ruppelt was a pretty solid guy.

2: Truman calls Ruppelt directly.

3: Landry's secretary calls Ruppelt directly.

4: Landry calls Ruppelt directly but Truman listens in silently on another line.

It can be a little tricky, just be honest with what you find and with yourself.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by fls13

Fls13, appreciate the reply matey - I'd imagine you've seen it before but for those who haven't Gazrok has authored a great thread here dealing with the 1952 Washington Sightings - there's also some very interesting comments made about the radar confirmations in the film below.

Cheers.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Ukraine's First Astronaut Claims UFOs Are Real

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/42ceb3782d21.jpg[/atsimg]

Leonid Kadeniuk, independent Ukraine's first astronaut and participant in NASA's Columbia International Mission STS-87 in 1997, has gone on record stating that he believes, "UFOs are real and of alien origin," in an interview with the Pravda Ukraine newspaper. Although he has not seen a UFO himself, he recalls that during his time as a fighter pilot in Moscow in the days of the old USSR he had met other pilots who had encountered them while on missions. He also mentions that he was warned by his superiors and trainers that, "In the event of seeing a UFO while flying he should avoid any contact and not attempt to approach them."

He has studied the topic and has come to the conclusion that UFOs use electro-magnetic and gravitational forces to fly. He argues that the current human method of travelling into space has run its course and it is time we too attempt to develop methods using these forces for space travel. He believes in this manner we will conquer space¡¯s mind-boggling distances.

www.nationalufocenter.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Soviet UFOs

The Russians approached the subject of UFOs with the utmost seriousness and attention to detail.
Boris Sokolov, a retired Russian Colonel ran an in-depth study in 1980. "For 10 years," Sokolov said, "the entire Soviet Union became one gigantic UFO listening post."
There were 40 cases where pilots encountered UFOs, explained Sokolov. Initially, they were commanded to chase, and then shoot the UFOs. But when the pilots engaged, the UFO would speed up.
On two occasions, pilots gave chase, lost control and crashed, with the crew killed on impact. After these unfortunate incidents, the pilots received another order: When they saw a UFO they should change course - and get away.
On October 5, 1983 Sokolov received an order from his commander to leave immediately for the Ukraine. A report from the base commander to the Chief of the General Staff claimed that the day before, from 4 until 8 in the evening, a UFO had been observed near the base. During that time, the missile launch codes had mysteriously been enabled.

Yuri Andropov, the former Soviet leader and long-time head of the KGB, had an acute personal interest in UFOs and ordered a 13-year program that required every soldier in the military to monitor sightings over Russian territory. Through Andropov's personal interest, in 1978, two committees were established to investigate UFOs, one military and one civilian. Andropov ordered four million Soviet soldiers to file detailed reports of incidents. According to some sources, the program led to hundreds of thousands of sightings being recorded in the 13 years before it was abandoned with the break-up of the Soviet Union in 1990.

UFO sightings by Soviet cosmonauts are not uncommon. Unlike American astronauts' reluctance to talk about the subject, Soviet references to UFOs were reported from the very beginning, with Yuri Gagarin.
In documents, Gagarin is quoted as saying,"UFOs are real, they fly at incredible speeds and that he would tell more about what he had seen in orbit - provided he be given permission to do so."

According to Cosmonaut Mus Manarov on the 1991 Mir Mission: "It happened during a visit mission, when all our attention was focused on the slowly approaching space capsule… It is possible that it was a kind of UFO."

www.nationalufocenter.com...

Cosmonaut Mus Manarov's sighting may well have been space debris but heres an interesting CIA Document about the incident:
files.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
The Bethune Flight 124 UFO air miss of 1951:

Testimony:

U.S. Naval Lieutenant Graham Bethune's full statement -Disclosure Conference 2001:

"About 300 miles outside of Argentia, Newfoundland, I saw a glow on the water. As we approached this glow, it turned into hundreds of circles of white lights on the water. We watched it for a while; when the lights went out, there was nothing on the water. The next thing that we saw was a yellow halo that was very small, about 15 miles away. It came up to 10,000 feet in a fraction of a second. I disengaged the autopilot and pushed the nose over, because I was going to go under it at the angle that it was coming toward me. The minute that I did that, it was up at our altitude and I could see nothing outside of the cockpit but this craft."

"I didn't know which way to go. Then all of a sudden I heard a racket. I didn't know what it was. And I said: 'What the hell was that?' One of the crewmen looked around and said: 'Everyone [in the plane] was ducking [down] and they collided [with each other]. They were all lying on the [floor of the plane]."

"Then [the UFO] appeared over to the right, moved out slowly and flew with us. It was not at our altitude, but we could see the shape of it. It was a dome and I could see the coronal discharge. I went back aft, let the other pilot, Al Jones, take my seat, and went to see if the passengers were OK. They had some bumps and bruises. One passenger was a doctor so I went to him first. I said: 'Doc, did you see what we saw?' He looked me straight in the eye and said: 'Yeah, it was a flying saucer.' He said: 'I didn't look at it because I don't believe in such things.' It took me a couple of seconds to realize what he was saying. Being a psychiatrist, he couldn't believe in that kind of thing."

"So I went back to the cockpit and said, 'Al, whatever you do, don't tell anybody we saw anything. They will lock us up as soon as we get on the ground.' He says: 'It's too late. I just called Gander control [in Newfoundland] to see if they could track this by radar.' So that's how the story got out."

"It was obvious from the questions and demeanor of the US Navy men who debriefed us that they'd seen things out there before. When the crew returned to the Patuxant River Naval Air Test Center in Maryland, they required that each of us writes a report."

U.S. Naval Reserve Lieutenant Graham Bethune, co-pilot on Flight 125 from Keflavik

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by fls13
Now this segment from a July 20, 1952 press conference right after the famous DC sightings. This presser's transcript isn't posted at the Truman library but I have heard a taped snippet and it is clearly Truman's voice.

REPORTER: "Did the Joint Chiefs of Staff talk to you or concern you about the unknown, or unidentified, flying objects?"

TRUMAN: "Oh yes, we discussed this at every conference that we had with the military and they were never able to make me a concrete report on that."

REPORTER: "Do you have anything on the subject, Sir?"

TRUMAN: "No I have not. I haven't anything on the subject, and... There's always things like that going on, flying saucers and er we've had other things, you know..."

Of course the last quote is on youtube and is easily found.

From looking at quotes and reportages you often find things twisted and taken out of context. I've found 4 different versions of one event related to the DC sightings.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Fls13 thats a great thread on Truman you´ve put together there -some very interesting reading.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a1c2f22fdeb3.jpg[/atsimg]

"I think it is time to open the books about the questions that have remained in the dark about government investigations of UFOs. It's time to find out the truth about what is really out there. We ought to do it because it's right. The American People quite frankly can handle the truth; we ought to do it because it's the law."

John Podesta - White House Chief of Staff/Co-chairman of the Obama-Biden Transition Project

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12

Soviet UFOs
Cosmonaut Mus Manarov's sighting may well have been space debris but heres an interesting CIA Document about the incident...

Forgive me for being obtuse, but isn't that link only to the text of a Russian TV report about the incident?

[edit on 31-8-2009 by JimOberg]

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Some interesting statements made in this file:

Science and the failure to investigate Unidentified Aerial Phenomena (pdf)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join