It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Credible UFO Quotes by prominent individuals.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Thanks for the post,its going to be realy hard to debunk all of those!Some may be able to be taken out of context but we all know there are plenty more sightings reported that could go up there on the list!

I have seen UFO's,My friends have,Would love to find out who is flying these craft one day

anyway great post

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Hi, the Jimmy Carter one is probably best to remove, for more information, listen to his interview with TheScepticsGuide.

www.theskepticsguide.org...

He doesn't think it was aliens at all, and his statements have very much been taken out of context.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
WHAT HAPPENED TO THE WEBBOT THREAD?? THIS IS FREAKING ME OUT THAT IT'S GONE.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
you took you time to find all this damn. you really belive

but its cool i do too unless its swamp gas

good post

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Kandinsky thanks for the reply,thats a very intriguing UFO incident -the pilot does seem very credible and its interesting that the object was also witnessed by the passengers.

As for the quotes, I think the one below is pretty revealing -it was made by Lord Hill Norton (the Admiral of the fleet) who's position in British government was the comparable equivalent to the US Secretary of State - of course the statement proves nothing but but it does appear to make a mockery of those who believe the UFO/OVNI subject to be visionary or fictitious.

"The evidence that there are objects which have been seen in our atmosphere, and even on terra firma, that cannot be accounted for either as man-made objects or as any physical force or effect known to our scientists seems to me to be overwhelming... A very large number of sightings have been vouched for by persons whose credentials seem to me unimpeachable. It is striking that so many have been trained observers, such as police officers and airline or military pilots. Their observations have in many instances... been supported either by technical means such as radar or, even more convincingly, by... interference with electrical apparatus of one sort or another..."

Admiral Lord Hill-Norton (GCB), Chief of Defense Staff, Ministry of Defense, Britain; Chairman, Military Committee of NATO; Admiral of the Fleet; Member of House of Lords.

I also thought this statement by Dr. J. Allen Hynek (scientific advisor to Project Bluebook) was a very interesting one:

"Before I began my association with the US Air Force, I had
joined my scientific colleagues in many a hearty guffaw
at the "psychological postwar craze" for flying saucers
that seemed to be sweeping the country and at the naivete
and gullibility of our fellow human beings who were being
taken in by such obvious "nonsense." It was almost in a
sense of sport that I accepted the invitation to have a
look at the flying saucer reports....."

"I had started out as an outright 'debunker,' taking
great joy in cracking what seemed at first to be puzzling
cases. I was the arch enemy of those 'flying saucer
groups and enthusiasts' who very dearly wanted UFOs to be
interplanetary. My own knowledge of those groups came
almost entirely from what I heard from Blue Book
personnel; they were all "crackpots and visionaries.'"

"Now, however, documentation which puts the UFO-
U.S. government controversy in quite a new light has
become available. The authors have made revealing use of
documents released through the mechanism of the Freedom
of Information Act and other data which have been made
available to them, often through private sources, which
show that the CIA and NSA protestations of innocence and
lack of interest in UFOs are nothing short of
prevarication."

"The reader must judge for himself or herself just
how far these implications extend, but certainly no one
can deny any longer that various intelligence agencies of
our government were long cognizant of UFOs and the global
extent of this phenomenon. Official dispatches from our
embassies and air bases in other countries to these
agencies, to the State Department, and even, on occasion,
to the White House, bear incontrovertible witness to
this."

"For the government to continue to maintain that
UFOs are nonexistent in the face of the documents already
released and of other cogent evidence presented in this
book is puerile and in a sense an insult to the American
people."

Dr J Allen Hynek, Chairman of the Department of Astronomy at Northwestern University and scientific consultant for Air Force investigations of UFOs from 1948 until 1969 (Projects Sign, Grudge and Blue Book).

Cheers.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeti101
reply to post by karl 12

Some of those quotes are really bad and taken out of context.

Could you cite any specific examples?

I'm be glad to remove any you think fraudulent,fictitious or misrepresented.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Could you cite any specific examples?

I did the stephen hawking one.

did you check any of them for authenticity?

[edit on 26-4-2009 by yeti101]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sam60
That is a great collection of quotes. People new to the UFO subject would find your material much more useful than some of the other new threads that discuss topics such as aliens invading the olympic games & how reptilians breed.

Thanks for the replies- I'm sure there are plenty more credible quotes out there but I did find this one quite interesting:

"The phenomenon of UFOs does exist, and it must be treated seriously".
Mikhail Gorbachev,
Premiere of the Soviet Union.
Interview as reported in 'Soviet Youth',May 4th,1990.

Sam60 -you're not wrong about there being some wacky UFO threads out there ...although its only fair to say there have been some excellent ones which contain some very interesting information (the USO Research thread being one of them).

If you've not seen them before,there are some good videos below examining government documentary evidence and UFO testimony:

Government Documentary Evidence

UFO Testimony

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
More quotes:

"We've got no conclusions, except after this, do not give us the old routine of Venus, weather balloons, aircraft and the like which has been given as a general panacea for almost every case of UFOs."
Captain Jose Lemos Ferreira, with Sergeants Alberto Covas, Salvador Oliviera, and Manuel Marcilino, after an alleged encounter with a UFO on a flight out of Ota Air Base, Portugal

"The real danger to the U.S. and perhaps this whole planet is the government has placed such a heavy blanket of secrecy upon this issue. So much secrecy, those in government who have knowledge showing UFOs are identifiable feel the subject cannot be discussed by those in the know without serious repercussions. Others are afraid their friends and co-workers will think they are crazy if they even so much as insinuate that UFOs are identifiable as manned craft from outside the earth.
This particularly applies to newspaper editors and publishers, reporters and analysts. Thus the U.S. is denying itself the chance to learn more about UFOs or to encourage research despite the fact the U. S. stands to gain from such discussions. . . .
Not publicized but true is that the Clinton administration, soon after coming to office, had many briefings on the subject. Laurance Rockefeller provided the information for the President and Mrs. Clinton. Others provided documents and verbal briefings to presidential advisors Jack Gibbons (science), Bruce Lindsay (personal), Anthony Lake (national security) and Vice President Albert Gore".
Sarah McClendon, White House Correspondent, and Dean of the White House Press Corps--exerpts from a press release by McClendon on March 30, 1998

"I think it’s time to open the books on questions that have remained in the dark; on the question of government investigations of UFOs. It’s time to find out what the truth really is that’s out there. We ought to do it because it’s right; we ought to do it because the American people quite frankly can handle the truth; and we ought to do it because it’s the law."
John Podesta - Bill Clinton White House Chief of Staff ,News Conference October 22, 2004

"I don't know whether this story has ever been told or not. They weren't called UFOs. They were called enemy helicopters. And they were only seen at night and they were only seen in certain places. They were seen up around the DMZ in the early summer of '68. And this resulted in quite a little battle. And in the course of this, an Australian destroyer took a hit and we never found any enemy, we only found ourselves when this had all been sorted out. And this caused some shooting there, and there was no enemy at all involved but we always reacted. Always after dark. The same thing happened up at Pleiku at the Highlands in '69."
USAF Chief of Staff General George S. Brown
DoD Transcript of Press Conference in Illinois (10/16/1973).

"As a member of the House Committee on Science and Astronautics, I, of course, have had contact with high Air Force officers and have had opportunity to hear their comments on and off the record on the subject of unidentified flying objects. Despite being confronted with seemingly unimpeachable evidence that such phenomena exist, these officers give little credence to the many reports on the matter. When pressed on specific details the experts refuse to answer on grounds that they are involved in the nation's security and cannot be discussed publicly ...I will continue to seek a definite answer to this most important question."
Congressman Joseph E. Karth - Aug 24, 1960

"I feel that the Air Force has not been giving out all the available information on the Unidentified Flying Objects. You cannot disregard so many unimpeachable sources."
John McCormack, Speaker of the House of Representatives of the United States; Jan 1965

Many of the reports that cannot be explained have come from intelligent and technically well-qualified individuals whose integrity cannot be doubted."
Major General E.B. LeBaily, USAF Director of Information -Sept 28, 1965 letter to USAF Scientific Advisory Board.

"The trick would be to describe the project so that, to the public, it would appear a totally objective study, but to the scientific community would present the image of a group of nonbelievers trying their best to be objective but having an almost zero expectation of finding a saucer."
Robert Low, University of Colorado senior administrator, former intelligence officer, and assistant director of the Condon Committee, in a confidential 1966 memo suggesting the approach of the Condon UFO study.

"My study of past official Air Force investigations (Project Blue Book) leads me to describe them as completely superficial. Officially released 'explanations' of important UFO sightings have been almost absurdly erroneous."
James McDonald, speech to American Meteorological Society 1966.

"UFOs defy worldly logic... The human mind cannot begin to comprehend UFO characteristics: their propulsion, their sudden appearance, their disappearance, their great speeds, their silence, their manoeuvre, their apparent anti-gravity, their changing shapes."
Earl of Kimberly, House of Lords Debate on Unidentified Flying Objects, Jan. 18, 1979.

"Many men have seen them [UFOs] and have not been mistaken. Who are we to doubt their word?... Only a few weeks ago a Palermo policeman photographed one, and four Italian Navy officers saw a 300-foot long fiery craft rising from the sea and disappearing into the sky... Why should these men of law enforcement and defense lie?"
Lord Rankeillour, Member of the House of Lords

"I still do not know why the high order of classification has been given and why the denial of the existence of these objects [has been perpetuated]."
Dr. Robert Sarbacher,Nov. 29, 1983.

"Most scientists have never had the occasion to confront evidence concerning the UFO phenomenon. To a scientist, the main source of hard information (other than his own experiments' observations) is provided by the scientific journals. With rare exceptions, scientific journals do not publish reports of UFO observations. The decision not to publish is made by the editor acting on the advice of reviewers. This process is self-reinforcing: the apparent lack of data confirms the view that there is nothing to the UFO phenomenon, and this view (prejudice) works against the presentation of relevant data."
Peter A. Sturrock, "An Analysis of the Condon Report on the Colorado UFO Project," Journal of Scientific Exploration, Vol.1, No.1, 1987

"Skeptics, who flatly deny the existence of any unexplained phenomenon in the name of 'rationalism,' are among the primary contributors to the rejection of science by the public. People are not stupid and they know very well when they have seen something out of the ordinary. When a so-called 'expert' tells them the object must have been the moon or a mirage, he is really teaching the public that science is impotent or unwilling to pursue the study of the unknown."
Dr. Jacques Vallee, astrophysicist, computer scientist 1990

"What I found was compelling evidence to claim that most of these aerial objects far exceeded the terrestrial technology of the era in which they were seen. I was forced to conclude that there is a great likelihood that Earth is being visited by highly advanced aerospace vehicles under highly 'intelligent' control indeed."
Dr Richard F. Haines-Retired NASA senior research scientist,Research Institute for Advanced Computer Science,1998.

“Having spent a great deal of my life in the air, as a pilot... I know that many pilots... have seen phenomena that they could not explain. These men, most of whom have talked to me, have been very reticent to talk about this publicly, because of the ridicule that they were afraid would be heaped upon them... However, there is a phenomena here that isn't explained.”
Congressman Jerry L. Pettis - House Committee on Science and Astronautics hearing on UFOs,Ninetieth Congress, Second Sesson,July 29, 1968.

"Three objects appeared beneath the clouds, their color a rather bright red. As they approached the ship they appeared to soar, passing above the broken clouds. After rising above the clouds they appeared to be moving directly away from the earth. The largest had an apparent area of about six suns. It was egg-shaped, the larger end forward. The second was about twice the size of the sun, and the third, about the size of the sun. Their near approach to the surface appeared to be most remarkable. That they did come below the clouds and soar instead of continuing their southeasterly course is also curious. The lights were in sight for over two minutes and were carefully observed by three people whose accounts agree as to the details."
Lt. Frank Schofield - Later Commander-in-Chief of the Pacific Fleet.
Aboard the U.S.S. Supply,Eastern Coast of Korea,February 28, 1904.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Thanks Karl 12. I agree there have been some very strong threads in this forum. I'll have a good look at your links later today.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   
I thought it was a good post. If we take out the ones that are out of context that still leaves a hell of a lot there.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Sam60

Sam thanks for the reply -the John Greenewald Junior presentation is very interesting (as are the disclosure testimonies) -good for a rainy day anyway

Cheers.

More quotes:

"Scientifically we eliminate the simple hypotheses: It's not a plane. It's not a helicopter. It's not a natural phenomenon because the descriptions don't match. Therefore this global phenomenon resists any other explanation. The only remaining hypothesis is the hypothesis of extraterrestrial origin."
L. Clerebaut -Secretary General, Belgian Government.

"If one human being out of tens of thousands who allege to have seen these phenomena is telling the truth, then there is a dire need for us to look into the matter."
Lord Davies of Leek-Member of the House of Lords.

"I said, “Now this is supposed to be a system that tracks radar anomalies on Earth, right?” He says, “Yep, that’s what it does.” So I ask, “Then why are half of them pointed toward outer space, towards the moon, towards areas that are just blank space? What are they looking for?” He says, “Well, you’ve got to have a need to know to know about that".
John Maynard,Defense Intelligence Agency,Military Intelligence Analyst.

"An object 'like an oblong pearl' drew steadily closer until perhaps a mile away when, right under my gaze as it were, it suddenly vanished. . . .But it reappeared close to where it had vanished. . . .It drew closer. I could see the dull gleam of light on nose and back. It came on, but instead of increasing in size, it diminished as it approached! When quite near, it suddenly became its own ghost. For one second I could see clear through it and the next. . .it had vanished."
Sir Francis Chichester -June 10, 1931 ,Flying in the Gypsy Moth over the Tasman Sea.

"The discs use a means of propulsion different from ours. There is no other possible explanation. Flying saucers come from another world."
Louis Breguet -French aircraft designer and manufacturer.

"Contact between U.S. citizens and extra-terrestrials or their vehicles is strictly illegal"
Dr. Brian T. Clifford,Pentagon official -New York press conference,Oct. 5, 1982.

"When [the mysterious light] first appeared it was seen moving rapidly from the northeast and heading in a southwesterly direction. As it neared the southern boundary of the city [of Sacramento] it turned directly toward the west and after passing the city went south, being distinctly visible for upward of 20 minutes."
Deputy Secretary of State, California George A. McCalvy -the San Francisco Call, November 25,1896.

"Raising my eyes...I observed a torpedo-shaped body, some 300 feet away, stationary in appearance, and suspended in the air about 50 feet above the tops of the buildings. In size it was about 6 feet long by 8 inches in diameter, the shell, or covering, having a dark appearance, with here and there tongues of fire issuing from spots on the surface, resembling red-hot unburnished copper....this object began to move, rather slowly, and disappeared over Dolan Brother's store, southward. As it moved, the covering seemed rupturing in places, and through these the intensely red flames issued."
Bishop Michaud of Burlington, Vermont -letter to the Monthly Weather Review July 2, 1907.

"There is a [military] publication called JANAP 146E that has a section that says you will not reveal any information regarding the UFO phenomenon under penalty of $10,000 fine and ten years in jail. So the secret has been kept."
US Navy Pilot, Lieutenant Frederick Fox- Disclosure, pp. 145, 146.

"So this thing [UFO] fires a beam of light at the warhead, hits it and then it moves to the other side and fires another beam of light. And the warhead tumbles out of space. What message would I interpret from that? [The UFOs were telling us] don't mess with nuclear warheads. Major Mannsman said, "You are never to speak of this again." After an article [about the incident years later], people would call and start screaming at me. One night somebody blew up my mailbox.
US Air Force Lieutenant, Professor Robert Jacobs-Disclosure, pp. 184, 187.

"I was arrested [by an Air Force officer]. He was saying, "Do you like the Constitution?" I'm like, "Yeah." He said, "We don't obey. We just do what we want. And if you tell anybody [about us or the UFO], you will just come up missing".
Marine Corps, Corporal Jonathan Weygandt

"As a rule, [places where UFOs appear] are objects of strategic significance... [The Air Force] came up with a table with pictures of all the shapes of UFOs that had ever been recorded-about fifty-ranging from ellipses and spheres to something resembling spaceships...The study of UFOs may reveal some new forms of energy to us, or at least bring us closer to a solution.
Major General Vasily Alexeyev -Russian Space Communications Center,Disclosure, pp. 345-347.

"Colonel Holomon brought out a piece of what appeared to be metallic debris. He went on to explain that this was material that had come from a New Mexico crash in 1947 of an extraterrestrial craft, and that was discussed at length...I got an opportunity to travel with the President [Eisenhower].
He was very, very interested in what made [the UFOs] go. But what happened was that Eisenhower got sold out. He realized that he was losing control of the UFO subject. He realized that the [study of these technologies] was not going to be in the best hands. That was a real concern".
General Stephen Lovekin,US Army -Disclosure, pp. 230 - 236.

Miscellaneous:

"In my view and in that of millions like me, there is no question as to the existence in multiple of these advanced machines and in diverse forms-discs, crosses, wedges, triangles, boomerangs, cigars, and their respective occupants in various manifestations-greys, blues, humanoids, reptilians, and Mothmen, etc. The question is not whether they exist but rather are some of them here to do our species harm or good?"
Dan Aykroyd

"If you look into the sky in the early morning you see them playing tag between the stars."
Muhammad Ali -witnessed UFOs on at least two occasions

"They came over so regularly we could time them. Sometimes they stood still, other times they moved so fast it was hard to keep a steady eye on them."
David Bowie.

"Based upon unreliable and unscientific surmises as data, the Air Force develops elaborate statistical findings which seem impressive to the uninitiated public unschooled in the fallacies of the statistical method. One must conclude that the highly publicized Air Force pronouncements based upon unsound statistics serve merely to misrepresent the true character of the UFO phenomena."
Yale Scientific Magazine (Yale University) Volume XXXVII, Number 7, April 1963.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Miscellaneous continued:

"It must be accepted that some type of flying objects have been observed, although their identification and origin are not discernible."
U.S. Air Intelligence Report # 100-203-79, ANALYSIS OF FLYING OBJECTS IN THE U.S., Dec. 10, 1948

"This "flying saucer" situation is not all imaginary or seeing too much in some natural phenomena. Something is really flying around."
Air Force Base Intelligence Report, FLYING DISCS, July 30, 1947

"This is the most puzzling case in the radar/visual files. The apparently rational, intelligent behavior of the UFO suggests a mechanical device of unknown origin as the most probable explaination".
Air Force Project Blue Book, SPECIAL REPORT NO. 14, May 5, 1955

"When the team was about ten miles from the landing site, static disrupted radio contact with them. Five to eight minutes later the glow diminished, and the UFO took off. Another UFO was visually sighted and confirmed by radar".
Classified report by an Air Force Strike Team at Minot AFB, 1966.

"Pilot of helicopters wished to stress fact that object was of a saucer like nature, was stationary at 2000 ft. And would be glad to be called upon to verify any statements and act as witness".
Emergency Report from Maxwell Air Force Base on air space violation by UFO, 1954.

"In view of the wide interest within the Agency ... outside knowledge of Agency interest in Flying Saucers carries the risk of making the problem even more serious in the public mind than it already is".
CIA memo, 1952

"Based on my experience in fighter tactics, it is my opinion that the object was controlled by something having visual contact with us. The power and acceleration were beyond the capability of any known U.S. aircraft".
F-94 pilot, after encountering a UFO, 1952.

"Some military officials are seriously considering the possibility of interplanetary ships".
FBI memo on UFOs, 1952.

"From their questions, I could tell they had a good idea of what the saucers are. One officer admitted they did, but he wouldn't say any more".
Commercial pilot, after questioning by intelligence officer, 1950.

"[Object] described as flat on top and bottom and appearing from a front view to have round edges and slightly beveled ... No vapor trails or exhaust or visible means of propulsion. Described as traveling at tremendous speed.... Pilot considered by associates to be highly reliable, of mature judgment and a creditable observer".
Air Force intelligence report, following UFO sighting by F-51 pilot, 1951

"The unidentified craft appeared to take efficient controlled evasive action".
FBI Memo, describing chase of UFO over the North Sea, 1947.

"Army intelligence has recently said that the matter of ‘Unidentified Aircraft' or ‘Unidentified Aerial Phenomena,' otherwise known as ‘Flying Discs,' ‘Flying Saucers,' and ‘Balls of Fire,' is considered top secret by intelligence officers of both the Army and the Air Forces".
FBI memo on UFOs ,1949.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

karl 12

JimOberg

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Very nice.

How could kamarad cosmonaut Victor Afanasyev be en route to Salyut 6 in 1979?

The crew list of Salyut 6 doesn't mention him:
en.wikipedia.org...

According to his biography, he was never aboard Salyut 6, and was a test pilot at the time, not a cosmonaut:
www.jsc.nasa.gov...

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by nablator

Good call, will certainly strike that one -thought it may be confused with the Soyuz 5 but, as you say, the dates are incorrect.

Here are some other (confirmed) cosmonaut UFO quotes:

"Is the presence of extraterrestrial civilizations conceivable? Of course. Before the uniqueness of the earth is demonstrated, this assumption should be taken as quite legitimate. As regards UFOs, their presence cannot be denied: thousands of people have seen them. It may be that their source is optical effects, but some of their properties, for instance, their ability to change course by 90 degrees at great speed, simply stagger the imagination." (Sputnik, "UFOs Through the Eyes of Cosmonauts," December 1980.)
Yevegni Khrunov, Soyuz-5 spacecraft pilot in 1969

"On May 5, 1981, we were in orbit [in the Salyut-6 space station]. I saw an object that didn't resemble any cosmic objects I'm familiar with. It was a round object which resembled a melon, round and a little bit elongated. In front of this object was something that resembled a gyrating depressed cone. I can draw it, it's difficult to describe.
The object resembles a barbell. I saw it becoming transparent and like with a ' body' inside. At the other end I saw something like gas discharging, like a reactive object.
Then something happened that is very difficult for me to describe from the point of view of physics. Last year in the magazine Nature I read about a physicist... we tried together to explain this phenomenon and we decided it was a ' plasmaform.' I have to recognize that it did not have an artificial origin. It was not artificial because an artificial object couldn't attain this form. I don't know of anything that can make this movement... tightening, then expanding, pulsating. Then as I was observing, something happened, two explosions. One explosion, and then 0.5 seconds later, the second part exploded. I called my colleague Viktor [Savinykh], but he didn't arrive in time to see anything.
"What are the particulars? First conclusion: the object moved in a suborbital path, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to see it. There were two clouds, like smoke, that formed a barbell. It came near me and I watched it. Then we entered in to the shade for two or three minutes after this happened. When we came out of the shade we didn't see anything. But during a certain time, we and the craft were moving together." (Videotaped interview with Giorgio Bongiovanni in the village of Kosnikov, near Moscow, 1993. Videotape courtesy of Michael Hesemann.)
Vladimir Kovalyonok, Major-General of Aviation.

"Today it can be stated with a high degree of confidence that observed manifestations of UFOs are no longer confined to the modern picture of the world, or the simple refutation of the orthodox natural science paradigm.
The historical evidence of the phenomenon, the singularity of its newly gained kinematic, energetic, and psychophysical features allows us to hypothesize that ever since mankind has been co-existing with this extraordinary substance, it has manifested a high level of intelligence and technology.
The UFO sightings have become the constant component of human activity and require a serious global study. In order to realize the position of man on earth and in the universe, ufology, the scientific study of the UFO phenomenon, should take place in the midst of other sciences dealing with man and the world...

"The influence the UFO has on people, as well as the effects it produces, should become the items of special research. The UFO's interaction with the environment, the behavior that it motivates, and its genesis, also present interesting areas for concentrated study.
Today, many specialists have come to the opinion that [UFO] phenomenon research should be taken up along with understanding and comprehension of other unexplained phenomena... The development of new approaches for the identification and study of energy and information processes will allow for an enthusiastic move toward the comprehension of the phenomenon. The results of these studies should aid the survival of the people on earth...

"It's necessary to carry out the popular ufological enlightenment, since the probability for a meeting of a person with a UFO exists, and this person should be ready for this event. Precautionary measures are especially important. It's necessary to tell the truth, which has been distorted previously by the politically engaged sciences and most recently by ufological dilettantes.
The main purpose of the primary local groups, that of controlling the ufological situation, mustn't be forgotten. The ufologists should know all the UFO's landing places and contacts in their regions. They should have relations with the local authorities, and in particular, with the police, the civil defense bodies, as well as information, scientific, and medical organizations." (Popovich, P., "Ufology in the Commonwealth of Independent States: Organization Problems," in the MUFON 1992 International UFO Symposium Proceedings.)
Major-General Pavel Popovich, pioneer Cosmonaut, "Hero of the Soviet Union,"

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

i'm afraid Karl 12 your just adding to ufologys credibility problem.

Why would you put your name to something without checking if its even genuine? Do you even care if you post nonsense? It would seem not.

You are mearly a mindless drone . You read something and if you can shoehorn it into your belief system it gets copied and pasted.You never checked out a single one of these before posting. That tells me your not interested in the truth you are merely interested in confirming your beliefs.

Its ashame really, if the poeple who follow ufology were more vigilant in weeding out the bunk it might not have such a big credibility problem.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeti101
I did the stephen hawking one.

Just found the full Stephen Hawking's quote from the Whitehouse 1998 -your comments about "abductees being weirdos" comes from a completely different speech ten years later concerning his beliefs about the high probability of extraterrestrial life ( Link ).

"Of course it is possible that UFO's really do contain aliens as many people believe, and the government is hushing it up" Comment by Stephen Hawking on C Span Television.

THE WHITEHOUSE, WASHINGTON DC
Cambridge University physicist, Stephen Hawking was the guest lecturer at the second Millennium Evening at the White House on March 6, 1998. With President Bill and Hillary Clinton looking on, Stephen Hawking admitted the possibility of a UFO cover-up during the C-Span television's coverage of "Imagination and Change: Science in the Next Millennium." Professor Stephen Hawking often considered one of brightest men on Earth, who authored "A Brief History of Time" was a guest lecturer. Stephen Hawking after comments about the growth of population and scientific knowledge stated, "Clearly the present exponential growth cannot continue indefinitely. So what will happen? One possibility is that we wipe ourselves out completely by some disaster such as a nuclear war. "There is a sick joke that the reason we have not been visited by extra-terrestrials is that when a civilization reaches our stage of development it becomes unstable and destroys itself. "Of course it is possible that UFO's really do contain aliens as many people believe, and the government is hushing it up" I wouldn't like to comment on that. "Personally I believe there is a different explanation why we have not been contacted, but I won't go into it here. "However, even without that, there is a very real danger that we will kill everything on this planet now that we have the technological power to do so. Even if we don't destroy ourselves completely, there is a possibility that we might descend into a state of brutalization and barbarity like the opening scene of "Terminator"

www.timstouse.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by RubberBaron

RubberBaron, thanks for the reply -Jimmy Carter also mentions in this interview that he does not believe in aliens visiting Earth yet he is still completely at a loss to explain what he witnessed.

"There were about twenty of us standing outside of a little restaurant, I believe, a high school lunch room, and a kind of green light appeared in the western sky. This was right after sundown. It got brighter and brighter. And then it eventually disappeared. It didn't have any solid substance to it, it was just a very peculiar-looking light. None of us could understand what it was."

"All of a sudden, one of the men looked up and said, 'Look, over in the west!' And there was a bright light in the sky. We all saw it. And then the light, it got closer and closer to us. And then it stopped, I don’t know how far away, but it stopped beyond the pine trees. And all of a sudden it changed color to blue, and then it changed to red, then back to white. And we were trying to figure out what in the world it could be, and then it receded into the distance

www.presidentialufo.com...

His UFO report is interesting reading and, although he mentions on the radio interview that he's certain the object wasn't Venus, he still regards the sighting as unidentified:

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

well as your post shows it was taken out of context.

It was said rather in the same manner as "Of course it is possible that flying monkeys do come out your butt as many people believe, and the government is hushing it up"

You seem to be good at ignoring what else he says. Its clear he doesnt think we are being visited by E.T. Possible does not mean probable. Any scientiest would say "its possible", science never rules anything out they are always open to more evidence.

The same as saying "its possible pink unicorns do exist". But you would have to show them the evidence before they concluded that was true.

[edit on 27-4-2009 by yeti101]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join