It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran canceled air show when Russia warned Israel planned to destroy all 140 warplanes

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Iran canceled air show when Russia warned Israel planned to destroy all 140 warplanes

debka.com

DEBKAfile's Iranian and intelligence sources disclose that Moscow warned Tehran Friday April 17 that Israel was planning to destroy all 140 fighter-bombers concentrated at the Mehr-Abad Air Force base for an air show over Tehran on Iran's Army Day the following day. The entire fleet was accordingly removed to remote bases and the display cancelled.

In the first week of April, Tehran announced it would stage its biggest air show ever to dramatize a ceremonial military parade in the capital on April 18. Iran would show the world that it is capable of fighting off an Israeli attack on its nu
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
found this very interesting ,just wonder if they planned to kick the whole thing off then? if russia is realy giving iran a heads up does that mean they will help in the event war does break out. I think this could get realy ugly realy fast if it does come to war! In my observation of the situation I think this time Israel could be serious when it says time has run out and if Obama does not come up with a salution fast ,things are all down hill from here.

debka.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
If this is true then how did the Russians find out Israel was going to go ahead with the attack? Seems to me there's an information leak someone along the line... Israel might want to check up on who's in the know for their attack plans

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
If this is true, then I give the Russians a thumbs up for helping to avoid war (if that was their intention in the first place, who can know besides themselves).

I am for any country that takes proactive steps to avoid a state of war.

If this is true, I doubt Isreal was actually going to destroy the planes, but they have been throwing threats at Iran quite a bit the last few months (and that is not to say that Iran, or a certain president of Iran, doesn't need to learn to shut up as well).

True or not, this would not be the first threat against Iran from Isreal. And while every threat from Ahmadinejad gets played like the start of something terrible (which they are...regardless if they intend to act on them or not).

Both these countries need to learn to hold their tongues. Especially Isreal, sometimes it is like they are trowing rocks at a bear. And with my begining to ramble I am going to cut this reply off here.

Haha, no Russia pun intended with the bear thing.

[edit on 4/24/0909 by spines]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
It's widely believed that Revelation can be interpreted to say that the United States will fight Russia in the end of times. If Israel and Iran go to war, the United States will invariably support Israel. If this story is any indication, it looks like Russia may support Iran, thus pitting the Eagle against the Bear.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Screw Israel, sick of hearing about 'em. Just do whatever they want while Obama just looks on like a meercat watching for predators.

All the hyped up crap with Iran is just another load of bull to feed us a new enemy and I can't see everyone falling for it like with Iraq.

Everything happened too quickly with that and people didn't have chance to react or question it, an unbelievable amount of people are seeking answers and the truth since then and if something does kick off between the 2 then everything will descend/ascend (depending on your view) into chaos. Personally I can't wait for the change... just hope there's a reason behind it this time and nobody waltzes in and flattens a country that has F ALL to do with them

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by paradiselost333

That was a good find ParadiseLost33. It was also a good plan by the Israeli's to take out "all" of Iran's planes at once without much loss of life in doing so, except that their secret leaked out before it could go into action.

Even though I don't like all of the things that Israel does, as long as Israel is around we don't have to look forward to the end of the world as in Bible prophecy.

Israel is under constant threat by Iran. If the USA was in the same position that Israel is in, the USA would simply take out Iran's war machine, so I don't blame Israel for protecting Israeli's. Iran needs to quit threatening every society except the Arab society.

Mankind needs to move towards peace, not destruction.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
i hear DEBKA is now writing stories for `fiction daily` - since quite frankly as a publication , they are utter and total bollocks.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I'm not sure I know which side to appreciate in this.

If Iran had gone ahead with it, it makes sense that Israel could use that opportunity to completely destroy Iran's ability to attack or defend from the air. It looks like an opportunity too good to miss.

You have to wonder why Iran would take such a stupid risk though. And that too raises questions about their abilities to defend themselves or manage weapons of mass destruction.

If they make such a simple mistake as putting all their aerial hardware in one vulnerable target location, what does that say about their strategies for managing or deploying nuclear weaponry?

While I despise Israel on so many levels, it would have been sensible to take that opportunity and remove Iran's aerial capability in one go. Hopefully the warning will be enough and Iran will reconsider all future actions just based on the idea that they don't even have good strategy for managing their military in peacetime. If they did go to war, and with the current stupidity of their military leadership, they would be flattened in a day.

We need to be focusing on Pakistan and the Taliban right now though. Pakistan is a nuclear power, and if the Taliban get any stronger, that weaponry is at immediate risk (it is already to some degree). Their first action would be to attack India, then target the West.

What do I think will happen?
This year a coalition of western nations will attack the Taliban in Pakistan. And that will lead to a new Pakistani government controlled by the west.
While we are doing this, Israel will attack Iran, and we'll either ignore it or assist militarily. Simply because we'll be forced to take that opportunity.

Russia and China will protest about everything, but do nothing.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Estharik
If this is true then how did the Russians find out Israel was going to go ahead with the attack? Seems to me there's an information leak someone along the line... Israel might want to check up on who's in the know for their attack plans
In all honesty, Russia did the right thing!

And, I might add a little wink wink, to our little Angel (WLO) friends for stopping the aggression

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by RussianScientists
reply to post by paradiselost333

Israel is under constant threat by Iran.

Everyone is under constant threat by another country, jeez...

why cant people see Israel causes most of the trouble in the middle east :| lol. simple as that.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
OK Hold the phone....

Hold the phone!

We have a "Story" about a Possible "attack" on Iran that never "happened" based on some Russian intel which cant be confirmed if it was true or not and now Israel is again the bad guy in something that didn't happen.

I'm far from an Israel supporter as a matter of fact I don't care for them.

But...

Doesn't this strike anybody as some sort of propaganda or Iranian paranoia?

Just an observation

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
How do they know it was the russians that provided the intel? How do they know the intel was that Israel was going to attack? How did Iran know an attack was "imminent?" Sounds hokey.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
hmmmmm this smells of sorcha faal
www.abovetopsecret.com...

sorry without a reliable 2nd source i call BS Just how is Israel going to take out all 140 Iranian fighter bombers at one shot? launch a bunch of missiles? send there airforce to Iran with only 4 tankers to get them there and back don't think so.

Israel might be upset about Iran doing stuff but they are not going to attack Iran and risk being attacked by every Arab country around them not knowing if Obama will support Israel if the arab countries attack Israel in retaliation.

link   
Why would Israel strike Iranian airforce? It is not what threatens Israel, Iranian rockets are the main problem. IAF will have a lot of problems (range,no border, SAM, hostile radars close by) if it is going to strike Iranian nuclear sites. Iranian air force which is less capable due to old airframes will have much much more problems striking Israel.
And not to mention - this stupid move by Israel would totally justify Iranian nuclear program by the way and all it would achieve is destruction of part of Iranian airforce that does not really endangers Israel, all out war would break up, and as i said Iran would say that it needs nukes to defend against other Israeli agressions.
So my guess that Debka = Sorcha2.

link   
I think this is particularly funny:

Iran would show the world that it is capable of fighting off an Israeli attack on its nuclear facilities.

So let me get this strait, this "air show" was to demonstrate that Iran could fight off an Israeli attack, and then when they allegedly find out that an attack is imminent, they run with their tails between their legs.

TYPICAL!

I for one think that this whole story is non-sense fiction.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
OK Hold the phone....

Hold the phone!

We have a "Story" about a Possible "attack" on Iran that never "happened" based on some Russian intel which cant be confirmed if it was true or not and now Israel is again the bad guy in something that didn't happen.

I'm far from an Israel supporter as a matter of fact I don't care for them.

But...

Doesn't this strike anybody as some sort of propaganda or Iranian paranoia?

Just an observation

It could work the other way too,after all this looks good for Israel showing the persians hiding their planes because they cant defeat the IAF in battle
and have no air defence to protect their country.
The story is rubbish

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Let me attempt to provide an answer to this situation by asking a few questions?

Which country has recently invested a lot of time and money on nuclear facilities?

Which country is over flowing with highly flammable oil and gas installations?

Which country is worried about brutally efficient Israel air strikes?

Which country has a lot of money to spend on defense technology?

Which country want to sell advanced SAMs and air defense systems?

The Russians are just trying to create and exploit a market. Basic capitalism 101.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Could this just show that the Israeli's have a sense of humor?

Iran announces that they will have an air show that will demonstrate how they can defend against an attack by Israel.

Israel "leaks" information that they will attack the air show, wiping out the Iranian air force.

The Iranian's panic, cancel the air show, and hide their air force.

Israel didn't lift a finger and they panicked the Iranians.

I think this just shows that the Israeli's had a good laugh.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join