It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran canceled air show when Russia warned Israel planned to destroy all 140 warplanes

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Why do I have trouble finding more news articles on this matter? That makes me question the legitimacy of that report. Of course, I could be wrong, but it would be nice to verify that from another source as well.

[edit on 25-4-2009 by laiguana]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
You have trouble finding other news sources that are reporting this, for some simple reasons.
Firstly, this article is coming from Debka, it self a HIGHLY questionable source in terms of reliability and credibility.
Second, this is hardly worth mentioning, if true. What does the average joe care if Iran cancelled an air show? It isn't news demonising Iran, sooo....and would be hard to successfully put an "Iran wants to destroy Israel" spin on it.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by BLV12

Maybe you need to take the "blinders" off. Israel is the aggressor nation in the ME. Everyone else is playing the game too. You don't threaten someone repeatedly and not expect them to return the favour so to speak. However, I know it's impossible to show the "Pro-Israel" side that maybe just maybe Israel has overstepped their bounds a little. But I'm just anti-semetic for even suggesting that Israel could be in the wrong. I mean their latest squirmish with the Palestinians should show to even the diehard Israel supporters that Israel should be investigated independently for their actions over there. Purposely targeting civilians, the whole t-shirt debacle, the use of white-phosphorus in civilian populations,etc,etc.

If your neighbor came over and took your house by force and told you to get the F out or die. Would you not put up a fight?

Back on topic, everyone needs to chill especially Israel. Or they're going to open a Pandora's box that nobody can close and the US will be the only one standing with them.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by DEEZNUTZ

Ah so now Israel is the aggressor? Well, there's no need for me to call you anti-semetic, you do a good job of showing that side of your self on your own.
Your post, to which I made a reply to, was detailing a total doom & ww3 scenario that made no sense. I made no mention of Israel being the aggressor or not, made no statement implying you were anti-semetic.

I think it is you who not only needs to take the blinders off, but have a much needed reality check.

You go from talking about an Israel-Iran war getting out of control, to Pakistan and India deciding to have a war because Israel and Iran are at war.

You are right on one thing however, you can not keep threatening someone without them responding.
And Iran has made more then enough threats to Israel...oh wait, it's only a threat when Israel threatens action.

Now tell me...because I'm thoroughly interested in your opinion.
When country A is threatening country B, and country A has a nuclear program that is not open for inspection by the relevant International Organisations, do you expect country B to sit back and do nothing?

Imagine country B is the country YOU live in. You would expect your government to be taking measures to ensure your countries armed forces are prepared for the eventuality that country A does launch military action, or for the scenario where your countries armed forces take pre-emptive action.

Now imagine a Middle East in which Israel had not destroyed Iraq's nuclear reactor, and we had to go into Gulf War with a nuclear armed Iraq.

Or was Iraq invading a neighbour Israel's fault too?

I do hope Israel takes the initiative and attacks Iran's nuclear facilities. And I hope the rest of the western world gives Israel it's full support.
Why? Because Israel is surrounded by neighbours who hate it....the issue of why they hate Israel is irrelevant now, 50 years after it's creation..in other words Israel isn't going anywhere so they should get used to it.
However they are still attacking Israel not directly but indirectly via backing of terrorist organisations and militias.
Give one of these countries nukes...It does't take a genius to figure out what they will be used for.

Or do you also advocate a nuclear strike on Israel?

And in your next response, I hope you make a note of the fact I have not called Israel the defender or aggressor. For your own sake really.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
BLV, since its creation, Israel has done one stunning thing after the other, economically and militarily.

Whatever the Israelis do, they will surprise Iran. They have a continuous string of successes of surprising folks.

Outnumbered time and again where the numbers gave them absolutely zero chance of surviving, much less winning, they each time showed their enemies and the world.

Iran was compelled to react.

You always want your foe to be reacting.

Right toward your carefully prepared destruction.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to slayer69
I'm Sorry but everybody really needs to look at the source material and who it's written by then decide whether this is a real story or not!
Then ask yourselves have you been duped into choosing sides.

FAIL

DEBKA

DEBKAfile (Hebrew: תיק דבקה‎) is an Israeli, Jerusalem-based English language open source military intelligence website with commentary and analyses on terrorism, intelligence, security, and military and political affairs in the Middle East.
That same definition from wikipedia also says that 80 percent of what debka reports turns out to be true. They are reporting on human intelligence and inside sources not facts on the ground that have already happened like fox news,cnn ect. I would say that certain departments in my govt. take seriously some of what DEBKA reports

New York authorities returned the alertness level to normal after haveing taken extra counterterrorism precautions over the weekend in response to what they said was an unsubstantiated radiological threat to the city reported by the Israeli Web site, DEBKAfile

DEBKAfile (www.debka.com) on Friday cited Internet chatter suggesting that al-Qaida would use trucks loaded with radioactive material or "dirty bombs" to attack New York. It also mentioned Los Angeles and Miami as possible targets for dirty bomb attacks.
www.jpost.com...

[edit on 28-4-2009 by paradiselost333]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Looks like people come to ATS to piss at eachother.

Israelis are still as dangerous as ever, you sleep on them, you get cut; that was my opinion.

Would the attack be successful, doesn't matter. A better question is why risk it and give them a reason to attack unless you want war also. it doesn't appear that the Iranians do.

The Israelis are wild card in the middle east, they attack who they want when they want to send messages, it's like gunboat diplomacy.

They became a master of the sneak attack which is dangerous. It's kind of an ironic historical reverse, because during the crusades, it was the Seljuk turks who use to use this attack often and to great effect.

If I'm Iran and I'm up against not one but two mighty armies, whose capabilities I can't be fully aware of, and if the Israelis are even partly successful. If they sneak under some stealth, getting into my territory alone, it's dangerous. If they bomb even some of my planes, it makes me look bad. Even worse I'm forced to respond, so why risk it, don't give them any reason.

I'm sure the Russians, were happy about that decision, they know what's at stake for the world and they'd like to avoid it altogether, they certainlty don't want to rush into it.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Israelis are as dangerous as ever?

You mean to say the Israeli government surely?

So when should Israel react to Iranian threats, when Iran has launched missiles with nuclear war heads at it's population centres, and all hell breaks loose in the Middle East?

Or perhaps they should react pre-emptively, and use force to deny Iran the capability to develop nuclear weapons?

As I said, they acted pre-emptively against Iraq. God knows what the outcome of Gulf War 1 would have been if they didn't, and Iraq had developed & deployed nukes. Would they have stopped at Kuwait? Maybe Jordan & Saudi Arabia would have been next, or other Gulf states?
Iraq wasn't shy to launch scuds at Israel, and Israel didn't even take part in the war against them. Imagine Iraq had nukes at the time.

Hmm..put your selves in the shoes of an ordinary, hard working citizen of Israel...you know, a fellow human being. Or even try imagine it was your country.

Hm, I'm quite sure a lot of you are Americans.
Are you old enough to remember the Cuban Missile Crisis, or the threat of a nuclear attack by the Soviets in general? Did America not do everything it cold overt and covert to ensure its security and survival? Absolutely.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by BLV12

Ah so now Israel is the aggressor? Well, there's no need for me to call you anti-semetic, you do a good job of showing that side of your self on your own. Your post, to which I made a reply to, was detailing a total doom & ww3 scenario that made no sense. I made no mention of Israel being the aggressor or not, made no statement implying you were anti-semetic.

The above statement speaks to the logic of your dilusion. If "Debka" is correct which is up for debate, aside from that assuming what happened is true. Do you not call Israel sneak attacking Iran's airforce during an Air Show an aggressive move knowing how much chaos it would cause in the ME?

I'm mean seriously! You're joking right. I have many Jewish friends and have nothing against the Jewsish people or their right to exist in peace in their homeland. However, the actions of their governments past and present have not really been of peaceful nature. I'm not anti-semitic, I just call out stupid moves when I see them. This would start a much larger war and who knows how far it will go when the flood gates are open. China and Russia have large interests in Iran and a move like this would not be looked upon too kindly by either. If this story is true, then Russia did the world a favour and saved a lot of needless deaths.

Now tell me...because I'm thoroughly interested in your opinion. When country A is threatening country B, and country A has a nuclear program that is not open for inspection by the relevant International Organisations, do you expect country B to sit back and do nothing? Imagine country B is the country YOU live in. You would expect your government to be taking measures to ensure your countries armed forces are prepared for the eventuality that country A does launch military action, or for the scenario where your countries armed forces take pre-emptive action.

I'm confused on this one? Is country A Israel? Because Iran has let IAEA inspectors in on their program. Although limited to a degree. Has Israel done the same?

Criticism doesn't mean hatred. Maybe in your world!

I do live in Counrty B. CANADA!

Oh! And by the way... Who helped Saddam Hussein gain the equipment necessary to develop a Nuclear program? You guessed it, good ole' GW1 and Rummy Dunsfeld. Back then he was an ally against good ole' Iran. He even went to war with them at the urging of the US and Israel through the US.

[edit on 2-5-2009 by DEEZNUTZ]

[edit on 2-5-2009 by DEEZNUTZ]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
You actually believe the Russians warned Iran that Israel was about to attack their air show, and that this news has leaked on to a #y propaganda & misinformation site like Debka?

If an attack was going to happen, you would NOT hear about it on Debka, or anywhere else, until AFTER it has happened. It is as simple as that.

Does anyone even have any confirmation that Iran was staging an air show, let alone cancelled it? Three pages now, and nobody has been able to find an alternate source....

have you not begun to wonder why? It's misinformation aimed at the Iranians.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
If you actually read others posts you would have seen that I said "IF" the information is correct and for argument sake in my post I said "let's assume it's correct".

I give up with you BLV12. There is no logic in your statements just your slanted view?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join