It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran canceled air show when Russia warned Israel planned to destroy all 140 warplanes

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I am wondering if this has anything to do with it

Russian GRU millitary intelligence boss fired.

He was fired and the reason is unclear as they refused to give out any details.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
As we all know, Muslims have 2 major factions - Sunnis and Shi'ites. Iran is the only source of Shi'ites faith in the world. There are Shi'ites forces in Iraq who are now American allies cause they helped to topple Saddam Hussein (a Sunni secular).

If Israel attacks Iran, it will be the most stupidest thing to do. Your guess is good as mine = Sunnis and Shi'ites from Iran, Iraq, Syria, Pakistan and Afganistan will unite to attack Israel.

Furthermore, I've read somewhere in Shi'ites prophecies that Iraq and Syria would be occupied in end times. "Iraq will be invaded. A war caused by non-Christians. Then Syria will be invaded. A war caused by Christians."

You see, we're being deluded by mainstream media. I bet there will another staged terror attack possibly against the Pope. It will outrage the Christians causing Syria to be invaded.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
OK... Just saying this is correct... What method would Israel used to take out 140 aircraft?

Even if they were all parked up on the same airfield I very much doubt a very defensive country like Iran would line them all up right next to each other - they would spread them out as much as possible.

So would Israel carpet bomb the field? Launch a few nuke tipped tactical missiles?

Whatever the move that would really get the wheels turning - turning like all the hamsters that ever existed took all the Red Bull that has or will ever be produced running in a wheel just to power a 60 watt light bulb... What I'm saying is that after this supposed attack they would immediately have to take out all the major targets they have being salivating over... Then continue systematically pummelling every aspect of the armed forces on the ground and in the air... And then go in a mop up on the ground.

I think the world would of noticed that little build up in Israeli force... Not just some Russian spy sats.

I'm calling bunkum.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by paradiselost333

I think it is obvious what must happen now. Israel must nuke/attack Russia.

Snarkiness off: I read that on Debka too, interesting development if true.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Iran would show the world that it is capable of fighting off an Israeli attack on its nuclear facilities.

Yeah, Iran showed the world alright. Does "fighting off" mean "hiding like frightened little girls" in farsi? I don't want to see any war, but Iran needs to STFU and stop acting like bad @sses, cuz they obviously are not. And Russia is just being an instigator, they aren't going to defend Iran militarily, i'm sure they're just trying to generate some rebuilding contracts in Iran.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Everyday it seems more certain that Israel will find a way to go to war with Iran. If that day comes we must do everything we can to prevent the U.S. from helping Israel. It helps that Obama is more critical of Israel than was Bush.

I think that fact about Obama is what is making Israel even more antsy than ever, they probably feel that they blew a great opportunity by not starting the war during Bush's term, and now they're probably desperately trying to figure out a way to start it.

I thank the Russian secret service for foiling this plan, thank you so much.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by paradiselost333

Iran canceled air show when Russia warned Israel planned to destroy all 140 warplanes

I'm Sorry but everybody really needs to look at the source material and who it's written by then decide whether this is a real story or not!
Then ask yourselves have you been duped into choosing sides.

FAIL

DEBKA

DEBKAfile (Hebrew: תיק דבקה‎) is an Israeli, Jerusalem-based English language open source military intelligence website with commentary and analyses on terrorism, intelligence, security, and military and political affairs in the Middle East.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
People seem surprised by this. Does nobody believe Israel has given up on its dream of creating a state from the Med to the Euphrates? Iran suits Israel bang on, the Arabs seem to have just about given in to Israel which means peace, the Iranians still don't play ball, surely that suits Israel, keeps the game going into extra time, still plenty of field to gain.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ufoorbhunter

You must be the most misinformed person I have ever seen on ATS.

Does nobody believe Israel has given up on its dream of creating a state from the Med to the Euphrates?

A tiny country of 7 million people (less than the population of New York City) wants to control the entire Middle East. Yeh, that’s exactly what’s going on.

Most of the territory that Israel has ever seized during its defensive wars with its neighbors has been returned peacefully. You must be a real genius to see what isn't there.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Iran is a paranoid lot. I mean they cant even have a parade without worrying about having their stuff destroyed lol.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
I'm not sure I know which side to appreciate in this.

If Iran had gone ahead with it, it makes sense that Israel could use that opportunity to completely destroy Iran's ability to attack or defend from the air. It looks like an opportunity too good to miss.

You have to wonder why Iran would take such a stupid risk though. And that too raises questions about their abilities to defend themselves or manage weapons of mass destruction.

If they make such a simple mistake as putting all their aerial hardware in one vulnerable target location, what does that say about their strategies for managing or deploying nuclear weaponry?

While I despise Israel on so many levels, it would have been sensible to take that opportunity and remove Iran's aerial capability in one go. Hopefully the warning will be enough and Iran will reconsider all future actions just based on the idea that they don't even have good strategy for managing their military in peacetime. If they did go to war, and with the current stupidity of their military leadership, they would be flattened in a day.

We need to be focusing on Pakistan and the Taliban right now though. Pakistan is a nuclear power, and if the Taliban get any stronger, that weaponry is at immediate risk (it is already to some degree). Their first action would be to attack India, then target the West.

What do I think will happen?
This year a coalition of western nations will attack the Taliban in Pakistan. And that will lead to a new Pakistani government controlled by the west.
While we are doing this, Israel will attack Iran, and we'll either ignore it or assist militarily. Simply because we'll be forced to take that opportunity.

Russia and China will protest about everything, but do nothing.

For me, this is the way i see it too. Not sure Israel WILL attack Iran, but if they do Russia and China (and many other countries) will protest. What would Russia and China gain by going to war with the west? Nothing. I just cannot see a World War in the near future.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Estharik
If this is true then how did the Russians find out Israel was going to go ahead with the attack? Seems to me there's an information leak someone along the line...

The wrong (or right, depends how you look at it) people probably have beers together all the time.

Take the Cold War as an example. In retrospect, we now know that a lot of our agents, "double-agents," etc. were actually pretty chummy with a lot of their agents around Germany (which was split in half, remember) and other areas. In some circumstances it was as if US and USSR agents were even cooperating with each other without "official" knowledge of it (though SOMEBODY found out about it, and reported it eventually, or else I wouldn't know about it, either). There was a famous case of this kind of foolery exposed during an investigation of one of our WW2 generals' deaths, I can't remember who it was but someone else here probably does. I want to say Patton but I could be mistaken. Anyway, leaks happen.

[edit on 24-4-2009 by bsbray11]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Apparently, faked news.

Otherwise, Iran should use this chance if they really want to kill each other.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pyros
Let me attempt to provide an answer to this situation by asking a few questions?

Which country has recently invested a lot of time and money on nuclear facilities?

Which country is over flowing with highly flammable oil and gas installations?

Which country is worried about brutally efficient Israel air strikes?

Which country has a lot of money to spend on defense technology?

Which country want to sell advanced SAMs and air defense systems?

The Russians are just trying to create and exploit a market. Basic capitalism 101.

Debka is an Israeli source, which claims to have sources inside the Israeli military and other similar apparatus' around the world. So how is this about the Russians trying to exploit Iran to sell them some weapons?

Firstly, you need to know that Iran is already interested in advanced long range sam's like the S400. Russia does not have to do much to sell it to them, besides offer it to them.

The reliability of Debka is questionable, and I can't believe people still use that site as a source of information. Take what they post on that site with a grain of salt.

The amount of scare, war mongering and doomsday scenarions that have come out of Debka over the years is extraordinary.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Estharik

Estharik, I was thinking the very same thing when I read the thread.

It is not uncommon to "leak" one thing to one group, a different thing to another source, yet another completely different thing to another source, and then see what is somehow made known.

Helps test your contacts.

Russia is to buy a number of UAV's, from Israel!

There are two other possibilities. The first is to compel Iran to disperse their aircraft to prohibit a concentration of forces at the moment of attack, thus they may be addressed piecemeal.

The third possibility can be seen in how Alexander snookered Porus at the Hyspades. He made feint after feint after feint after feint pretending to be assaulting Porus's forces at the river.

After many, many false "attacks," after all the noise and shouting with nothing ever happening, Porus relaxed.

It was then Alexander left the bulk of his force behind, crossed the river upstream far upriver with a small contingent, and completely surprised and overwhelmed the forces of Porus.

Iran has been reacting and reacting to anticipated attacks.

Israel will likely have multiple distractions just before the real attack. Who knows? The air defense missiles may all but be depleted by the time the real attack force arrives.

And with their Air Forces dispersed, well, it doesn't get much sweeter than that.

[edit on 24-4-2009 by dooper]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Any war with Iran will get out of control and will spread. Countries will use the Middle East War as an excuse to get some scores settled. Pakistan and India comes to mind. Pakistan is the one we need to be worrying about right now. Taliban elected into government and control of nukes. The momment they're in the launch orders will be given. Iran may already have small briefcase nukes snatched up during the crumbling USSR.

Israel needs to take a chill pill. There's no monster under the bed or in the closet. If you pull the blanket over your head you are safe and they can't touch you.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by paradiselost333

found this very interesting ,just wonder if they planned to kick the whole thing off then? if russia is realy giving iran a heads up does that mean they will help in the event war does break out. I think this could get realy ugly realy fast if it does come to war! In my observation of the situation I think this time Israel could be serious when it says time has run out and if Obama does not come up with a salution fast ,things are all down hill from here.

debka.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

You didn't know that Russia and China are 100% in support of Iran? Listen carefully my friend. If Israel goes for Iran's throat life as the Israelis have known it will cease to exist for many reasons.

1. Russia will provide the firepower to eject the Israelis i.e. Surface to Air missiles, Tanks, ship busting missiles (as in the Sunburns) against U.S. Aircraft Carriers, Troops to an extent too.

2. Chinese troops will be allowed to march across the old southern Russian republics and right into Iran. And who knows, they might just keep marching right into Iraq greeted as saviors. Israel isn't very far from there at that point. China will probably snatch up Taiwan for good measure at that point too as the Rubicon will have been passed.

3. The USA is overextended and will have it's hands tied once Afghanistan/Iraq fully erupt with Iranian instigations (on levels yet to be seen.)

4. USA will be forced to enact a draft to recover troop loses and keep from being driven out of Iraq completely. Then the riots in the USA will begin due to another unpopular war but only this time one that will affect everyone's kid's which is a big difference from the last two misadventures compliments of the Bush administration. The draft will not be enough to save Iraq in my opinion as training time for conscripts will be too lengthy as to be effective against a mobilized Russo/Sino onslaught. Couple this will gas prices that will reach fantastic levels then you will have riots and extreme civil unrest in the USA on a scale that Martial Law will be unable to check.

5. Europe will shake their heads and wash their hands of the fighting which I for one would not blame them for doing one bit. I don't even think England will want to step into that killing field.

6. Palestine and Lebanon will open fire with every rocket they've got with Iran's backing and support.

7. Israel will probably lose what sanity is has at that point (not that the IDF had a lot to begin with) and try tactical nukes.

8. Israel becomes a sea of craters and glass. The survivors being ferried to the USA to save what's left from annihilation.

The wild card will be Turkey. Which side will they come to the rescue of? Turkey is mobilized to a large extent with trained troops and armed to the teeth. They've been screwed over by Europe for far too many decades now, i.e. the delaying of their entry into the E.U. Which way they will side is anyone's guess.

This is how I see another USA/Israeli power play unfolding. The Russian populace already know of this scenario too as I've talked to many of them. The Russian invasion of Ossetia should have been a very ominous warning to the USA/Israeli duo.

Israel is playing with dynamite right now. Plain and simple. And if it isn't careful then all of the king's horses and all of the kings men won't be able to ever put it back together again.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by finemanm

Israel given back territory? Yes when it suited them. Barren desert in the Sinai and a few fields in Gaza.

What about the rest of the ME that it controls?

Israel is a settler state and it has (within many of our lifetimes) taken land away from the natives and brought in immigrants from all over the globe and planted them there.

Have you ever been to Israel? Worked there? Those people are new to the place, they do not fit in with the surrounding historical Arab culture. The people have done something that is never going to be forgotten by the natives, those immigrants have stolen another peoples land.

I was once the biggest supporter of Israel years back but slowly it dawned on me that the whole Israel thing is wrong. There is no Israeli people they are a religion and a bunch are fanatics tried to forge an ethnicity where it just did not exist, it's all a lie, it's like saying all Catholics should live here or all Protestants should claim Jerusalem and take it.

Israel is a settler state and it has not given back any real land just taken it. Every time you look at new Israeli developments there will be the original Arab foundations being built on. That's a fact. Best bet get the Israelis out and give them somewhere with no natives to enrage, somewhere else, somewhere just not the ME.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I really hope that what Debka, a generally rather reliable source, reports is true: wouldn’t that be great?
The Iranians try to show how good their AF is and they are left with 2 alternatives: either go on with the show and have all their airplanes annihilated on the ground by a precision strike or run and cover under some old lady's bed, trembling and pissing in their panties!
One last thought: in case of war, nobody will help Iran, not the Russians, whose leaders are too busy stealing as much money from their own people as they can and whose armed forces are too demoralized and too obsolete (as their own generals have publicly admitted) for even fighting Georgia nor the Chinese, who are too good businessmen to help people who do not even try to help themselves fighting a war they have no interest in ( on top of that, the Chinese are much too interested in buying technologies from Israel and in making business with Israel and the USA for doing anything more than a feeble protest at the UNO)
Mario

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by DEEZNUTZ
Any war with Iran will get out of control and will spread. Countries will use the Middle East War as an excuse to get some scores settled. Pakistan and India comes to mind. Pakistan is the one we need to be worrying about right now. Taliban elected into government and control of nukes. The momment they're in the launch orders will be given. Iran may already have small briefcase nukes snatched up during the crumbling USSR.

Israel needs to take a chill pill. There's no monster under the bed or in the closet. If you pull the blanket over your head you are safe and they can't touch you.

lolwat?

I don't think Israel is the one in need of chill pills, rather you.

What makes you think the rest of the world will use an Israel-Iran war to settle "scores" ? Much less India and Pakistan?
What has India to do with Israel attacking Iran?

Yes Iran may have suitcase nukes. Maybe your next door neighbour is part of a sleeper cell too, quick, call your local FBI office.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join