It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious U.S. Swine Flu Probe Widens as Mexico Finds Swine Flu *updated*

page: 178
<< 175  176  177    179  180  181 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Found this little diddy...in one of the articles comment sectons look who it is from they have no dang idea what is causing the sudden deaths in people nor are they reporting them in anyway. I feel reassured really they are grabbing at strws here!

I am told that flu pandemics like the 1918 have a mild wave in one season followed by a wave with a higher fatality rate in the next season. Why would a new strain become more likely to cause a cytokine storm after having circulated for some time? It couldn't be the case that people are more likely to have a cytokine storm if they have been previously exposed, formed memory B cells but had their antibody levels drop before the second exposure, could it?

Saul Medical Laboratory Technology May 27, 2009

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Just to reiterate the symptoms worthy of seeking immediate medical attention... these are according to the CDC website...

Emergency warning signs

If you become ill and experience any of the following warning signs, seek emergency medical care.

In children emergency warning signs that need urgent medical attention include:

Fast breathing or trouble breathing
Bluish or gray skin color
Not drinking enough fluids
Severe or persistent vomiting
Not waking up or not interacting
Being so irritable that the child does not want to be held
Flu-like symptoms improve but then return with fever and worse cough

In adults, emergency warning signs that need urgent medical attention include:

Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
Pain or pressure in the chest or abdomen
Sudden dizziness
Confusion
Severe or persistent vomiting
Flu-like symptoms improve but then return with fever and worse cough

-------------------

Current Themes in Flu News & Commentary...

* they seem to have stopped most testing in USA because when almost everyone is infected, there's no point in testing

* word from several sources is that A/H1N1 is expected to continue spreading during the summer months in the northern hemisphere, which would be quite unusual in comparison with "seasonal flu"... thus, A/H1N1 is not seasonal, but evergreen

* it seems that psy-ops are controlling mainstream media... their buzzwords "mild" and "seasonal" have been very effective... this business of comparing death stats to regular, old seasonal flu or car crashes; that tact may have originated in psy-ops playbook... probable disinfo agents played out a coordinated takeover of the other ATS thread using mainly attacks on eco and then flooded the thread with off-topic squabbling to derail and ultimately bring about a shutdown of the thread... ATS should look at that in their review and learn how not to let those tactics happen again, especially on this thread

* A/H1N1 death toll seems to be under-reported as deaths are being ascribed to other conditions

* word from several sources seems to indicate WHO and CDC are expecting a "nasty" reassortment/mutation into something with very deadly consequences... today WHO said they are postponing giving specific advice to vaccine manufacturers... is the delay due to the fact that they think it is on the verge of becoming a superbug unlike what is now known? ...chatter on Internet seems to be on the rise concerning bird flu becoming very easily transmisable human to human (this would be a scenario of people basically dropping dead to the extent of 50 - 60% death from infection)... if they are not testing everyone, are they now in a waiting game, preparing to identify and quarantine the first such outbreak based on sudden severity/mortality in a cluster and are they now preparing to cordon off that cluster in a tight quarantine?... my guess is yes, they are preparing now to deploy forces both medical and military (as in the movie OUTBREAK) as they wait and watch for Wave 3

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Second Death From H1N1 Reported In Chicago Area
cbs2chicago.com...
illinoishomepage.net...

# 5day moving average of new cases calms chaotic reporting, and is still above long-term average indicating growth 473/431 #swineflu #h1n1half a minute ago from web

# CFR (death rate) is rock steady at 0.71%. I repeat that this isn't "mild" as official PR says, but x4 the last two pandemics #swineflu #h1n12 minutes ago from web

# WHO Update 40 my analysis is just published at /cgoc47 Highlights follow.... #swineflu #h1n15 minutes ago from web

CLARK CO. Suspects New Cases Of H1-N1 Flu
www.whiotv.com...

4 new H1N1 cases in R.P. confirmed
businessmirror.com.ph...

Elementary school reports flu case
www.courier-journal.com...

Four NYC deaths linked to swine flu
www.usatoday.com...

Swine flu virus cases reported in Brockton, Stoughton schools
www.enterprisenews.com...

[edit on 5/27/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Some of the deaths being attributed to the normal strain of flu, could be H1N1 and untested. I found a map locating the deaths from influenza in the US in the 2008-2009 season. The heaviest hit locations match the heaviest concentrations of H1N1.

Here is the map:
Flu/Pneumonia deaths 2008-2009

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Try this look at the date in the clip: LOOK at what it is about!

In an article published online March 10 in the Journal of Leukocyte Biology, Sullivan and colleagues demonstrated swine flu patients may indeed be at risk of a paralyzed immune system, leading to potentially fatal secondary infections - but for a different reason than the cytokine storm.

Sullivan et al. recruited pediatric patients with severe influenza and compared their pathology with that of five patients with moderate influenza, six with respiratory syncytial virus, and 24 with no health problems who served as controls.

They found elevated levels of cytokines in the severe influenza group, but also a depressed response to toll-like receptor (TLR) ligands, which activate the body's immune cell responses so it attacks invading microbes. Aberrant responses to TLR ligands "may underlie the known susceptibility of influenza-infected patients to secondary bacterial infections," the researchers concluded.

Reactions to her finding so far "have ranged from pleased to surprised," Sullivan told ADVANCE.

The study by Sullivan et al. "brings us a step closer to understanding exactly what goes wrong in some people who get swine flu, so, ultimately, physicians can develop more effective treatment strategies," John Wherry, PhD, deputy editor of the Journal of Leukocyte Biology, told Reuters.

Not good at all that they released the date! sumbuddddy is in trouble

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
"33 Britons aboard swine-flu cruise ship Pacific Dawn"

This is a heading from an HX post. I had to laugh because reporter makes it appear that this is a ship for tourists interested in contracting the swine flu. Like the Disney cruise ship is for people interested in all things Disney!

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Seriously ill man has swine flu
news.bbc.co.uk...

The wave analysis shows USA still accelerating (9%) and faster than Mexico (7.5%)3 minutes ago from web

# CFR has declined slightly to 0.66%, still x3 the death rates of the last two pandemics in 1957 and 1968 #swineflu #h1n14 minutes ago from web

# You can see the rate rise in the red line showing total cases overall, & you can see today's case rise is 1,607 #swineflu #h1n15 minutes ago from web

# The jump in US cases has caused the 5day moving average to rise to 706 or 150% of the long-term average. No decline then! #swineflu #h1n12 minutes ago from web

# So I've updated my analysis for CDC and we can see how this chaotic reporting inhibits analysis #swineflu #h1n14 minutes ago from web

# The big HOWEVER, though, is that CDC are reporting 7,927 cases and 11 deaths, and that's 1,200 higher than WHO #swineflu #h1n1half a minute ago from web

# All the graphs are at /cgoc47 and my spreadsheet with data and analysis is available for download #swineflu #h1n12 minutes ago from web

# The core of the story, though is that the rate of growth of new cases outside the main infection areas is romping away #swineflu #h1n13 minutes ago from web

# Japan is still accelerating but the rate is slowing up there - it's currently almost 15% daily #swineflu #h1n14 minutes ago from web

# Australia is just getting started, so daily cases are huge rises relative to the total infections there so far #swineflu #h1n15 minutes ago from web

# Daily growth rates are stable in first wave countries: Spain/Germany 5.5%, USA 8%, Mexico is still accelerating #swineflu #h1n16 minutes ago from web

More students stay home after reports of five suspected swine flu cases
www.springfieldnewssun.com...

Two swine flu cases confirmed at high school
Affected students to stay home for remainder of school year
www.somdnews.com...

Swine flu not a pandemic yet
www.presstv.ir...

Another case of swine flu confirmed
www.carricktoday.co.uk...

[edit on 5/27/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by xoxo stacie
Try this look at the date in the clip: LOOK at what it is about!

The study by Sullivan et al. "brings us a step closer to understanding exactly what goes wrong in some people who get swine flu, so, ultimately, physicians can develop more effective treatment strategies," John Wherry, PhD, deputy editor of the Journal of Leukocyte Biology, told Reuters.

Not good at all that they released the date! sumbuddddy is in trouble

Great Find!!!!!!

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Good day Omega

Good day all

From another one of your links.....

Over the last 10 years, new flu strains have been cropping up in pigs on farms and scientists don’t know why. However, they had predicted it years before it began.

"I have warned that there could be viruses originating in swine jumping to humans and creating pandemics," says Juergen Richt, a veterinary virologist at Kansas State University.

Another unheeded warning ?

Not every flu virus can infect every animal. Birds, for example don’t have receptors for human strains of the flu. Two different strains can only mix inside a body that has receptors for both. Pigs are one such host for a flu virus - they can get sick with both avian and human strains.

Until now, swine flu has been easy to ignore. Pigs don’t easily infect people, and when they do, the virus often fizzles in its new host, unable to infect other people. Once inside a person the infection from the pig hits a dead end.

According to a comprehensive study published in the journal Clinical Infectious Diseases, swine flu had infected only several dozen people in the world since it was first identified in 1930. As of 2006, only 50 cases were reported worldwide. Adding 12 cases that the CDC has documented since then (before the current outbreak) makes the total 62.

Then, in the last 10 years, something changed. Ever since the late 1990s, flu viruses have been reassembling themselves inside pigs at a heightened pace. Pigs began coughing new viruses into the air.

www.ipsnews.net...

Couldn't have anything to do with this could it.......

The year of emergence, 1998, was the year North Carolina's pig population hit ten million, up from two million just six years earlier.[12] Concurrently, the number of pig farms was decreasing, from 15,000 in 1986 to 3,600 in 2000.[13] How can five times more animals be raised on almost five times fewer farms? By crowding about 25 times more pigs into each operation.

In the 1980s, more than 85% of all North Carolina pig farms had fewer than 100 animals. By the end of the 1990s, operations confining more than 1,000 animals controlled about 99% of the state's pig population. [14] Given that the primary route of swine flu transmission is thought to be the same as human flu—via droplets or aerosols of infected nasal secretions[15]—it's no wonder experts blame overcrowding for the emergence of new flu virus mutants.

www.hsus.org...

Or how about this....

and his alarm grew when he found that some of the sick animals had been immunized for ordinary swine flu, the N&O reported:

www.southernstudies.org...

Or maybe it's a combonation of both

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Some friends of ours leave tomorrow on a 7 day Mediterranean cruise........and he is an ER Dr....
.........But then again he is works in a rual hospital ER.........

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
From shine's blog, Durham, North Carolina...

www.wral.com...=1&d_comments_page=2

"I have studied the A viruses for the last six years. It is nothing to play with. Although the reading you get says that is typical of flu like symptoms - that is true. The virus is not a B virus and has properties that carry the same symptoms, but it is in no way the same. There are two proteins in an A virus the (H) and the (N). The numbers behind it ---- example H1N1 ---references the when the strain was identified. This one would be the first.

An A virus can mutate and become stronger - vacines will not do any good if you have contracted it. If the vacine was built around the seed of H1N1 and it mutates with AH5N1 then most likely it would not work anyway.

If you feel sick ( flu like symptoms) please go see a doctor. Early stages can be treated - your immune system has alot to do with this.
Not to scare anyone - or bore you with alot of detail - it is not something to take lightly. Please be careful."

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by chise61

According to a comprehensive study published in the journal Clinical Infectious Diseases, swine flu had infected only several dozen people in the world since it was first identified in 1930. As of 2006, only 50 cases were reported worldwide. Adding 12 cases that the CDC has documented since then (before the current outbreak) makes the total 62.

This has me throughly CONFUSED there has been thousands of DOCUMENTED cases in the world of swine flu!
They are saying the total from 1930 when they found it to 2006 is a whopping 62? Is that 62 strains or 62 case's? Because if they are saying 62 "case's" all together they are lying their butts off and are easily going to be caught because the case's in large part are a matter of public record!

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Patient critical in Glasgow, Scotland... this article has been updated in the last few minutes when Guardian editor changed the description from "critical" to "serious"... notice they are quick to add the mention of "underlying health problems"...

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by switching yard
Patient critical in Glasgow, Scotland... this article has been updated in the last few minutes when Guardian editor changed the description from "critical" to "serious"... notice they are quick to add the mention of "underlying health problems"...

www.guardian.co.uk...

See, now that's the stuff that says "HEY, SOMEONE'S MONITORING US."

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Latest out of Chicago... death... "underlying medical problems" phrase used 3 times in this one, brief report...

www.suntimes.com...

Psy-ops very heavily using "underlying medical problems" in MSM... they want to really drive this home in the minds of the public... the message is that only people already weakened by some kind of damaged health are dying from A/H1N1... why exactly are they desperate to drive home that message into the mass public consciousness? Panic avoidance tactic is my guess, but something tells me there is even more to it... I'm still meditating on why psy-ops is playing that phrase so heavily right now... there is more to it... hmmmm.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

www.guardian.co.uk...

See, now that's the stuff that says "HEY, SOMEONE'S MONITORING US."

Again, even though people seem to hate it, I'm going to point out that there is more than one thing happening in the media.

There are at least two layers of information in every piece of media. The layer most people hear is actually the MEDIUM of the story. The frame, the phrases, the pictures, the tone, the expression, the STORY of the information.

The data, people don't see it. It is THERE, right there. But your brain processes the STORY and not the data. Even if you see the data, you may not understand what it means without applying thought and research.

This flu, it is the PERFECT time for everyone here to learn this. The theory of it is playing out in real time for you.

You can see it happenening. You can evaluate what you, and the people around you are picking up. You can practice seeing the DATA, inside the medium.

The Medium Is the Message.

[edit on 2009/5/27 by Aeons]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
This may have been posted back a few pages, can not remember. If so, apologies, but everyone needs to see this!

Children Who Get Flu Vaccine Have Three Times Risk Of Hospitalization For Flu, Study Suggests

The inactivated flu vaccine does not appear to be effective in preventing influenza-related hospitalizations in children, especially the ones with asthma. In fact, children who get the flu vaccine are more at risk for hospitalization than their peers who do not get the vaccine, according to new research that will be presented on May 19, at the 105th International Conference of the American Thoracic Society in San Diego.
www.sciencedaily.com...

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Latest out of Chicago... death... "underlying medical problems" phrase used 3 times in this one, brief report...

www.suntimes.com...

Psy-ops very heavily using "underlying medical problems" in MSM... they want to really drive this home in the minds of the public... the message is that only people already weakened by some kind of damaged health are dying from A/H1N1... why exactly are they desperate to drive home that message into the mass public consciousness? Panic avoidance tactic is my guess, but something tells me there is even more to it... I'm still meditating on why psy-ops is playing that phrase so heavily right now... there is more to it... hmmmm.

IF you go to the BBC Health website, there's a list of more than 500 underlying conditions.
Based on that, I think that at least 90% of the world population have underlying health condition.
I am hipertense and I had hernia (there may be at least a dozen more underlying conditions that I've never noticed) and the last time I had a flu was almost 20 years ago. All this MSM talk about health condition is nothing but BS.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
OIE: No new steps needed to protect pigs from swine flu

PARIS (AP) - The world animal health body says no extra measures are necessary to protect pig populations from swine flu because the virus tends to be mild in hogs.
Director General Bernard Vallat of the OIE World Organization for Animal Health says he expects to see more cases of human-to-pig contamination of the virus, like the recent case of a farm worker in Canada who passed swine flu to a herd of hogs.
Still, Vallat says that because the virus does not tend to prove deadly in pigs it does not make sense to recommend costly preventive measures. He spoke Wednesday at the general assembly of the OIE.

So if a pig herd has swine flu which can be deadly to humans there is still no reason to treat the pig herd because its harmless to the pig and they believe it would cost the farmer to much to treat the pig herds for a harmless to pig flu. What is wrong with that picture?

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by xoxo stacie

Sorry i stepped out for a few. I believe they are talking about the original swine flu, the single strain, and actually have being transmitted directly from a pig to a human.

I have to go take care of some things, i'll be back later and i'll look deeper into it, well as deep as i'm allowed to go

new topics

top topics

<< 175  176  177    179  180  181 >>

join