It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious U.S. Swine Flu Probe Widens as Mexico Finds Swine Flu *updated*

page: 124
<< 121  122  123    125  126  127 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by MimiG

"Experts" are expecting it to mutate sometime in the near future so, contracting it now *probably* won't help a lot in the future

I've noticed some twitter feeds are *down*

twitter.com...
&
twitter.com...

They've quit broadcasting since last night? now I've had to rely on:

twitter.com...

It's still growing and for the life of me, can't figure out why it's not news now

Wash. State Man Becomes Third U.S. H1N1 Death
Costa Rica's Health Ministry Reports First Death From Swine Flu

May 9, 2009 11:59 pm US/Eastern

Tokyo (CBS) - Washington state health officials say a man in his 30s is the first person in the state - and the third in the U.S. - to die from what appears to be complications of the H1N1 virus, also known as swine flu.

The state Department of Health says in a news release that, like the first two U.S. H1N1 victims, the Snohomish County man had underlying heart conditions and also viral pneumonia at the time of his death May 6, but that he also had swine flu and it is considered a factor in the death.

"This death is tragic. Our thoughts are with all those affected by this man's passing," said Governor Chris Gregoire. "It's a sobering reminder that influenza is serious, and can be fatal."
More at Links...

US, Costa Rica swine flu deaths reported
28 minutes ago
www.google.com...

SEATTLE (AP) — A Washington state man with underlying heart conditions became the third person infected with swine flu to die in the U.S., health officials said Saturday, while Costa Rica reported the first swine flu death outside North America.

Japanese authorities, meanwhile, scrambled to limit contact with their country's first cases, and Australia and Norway joined the list of nations with confirmed cases of swine flu.

A Snohomish County man in his 30s died on Thursday from what appeared to be complications from swine flu, the state Department of Health said in a statement. The man had underlying heart conditions and viral pneumonia at the time of his death, but swine flu was considered a factor in his death, the statement said.

The man, who was not identified, reportedly began showing symptoms on April 30.

His death and the death of a 53-year-old man in Costa Rica on Saturday brings the global death toll to 53, including 48 in Mexico, three in the United States and one in Canada.

[edit on 5/9/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Hmmm...
The F.E.M.A. conspiracy (The truth about swine flu)

Swine H1N1 Fatalities in Mexico
Recombinomics Commentary
16:27 May 8, 2009
www.recombinomics.com...

chiko321: I'm 3 degrees away from somebody that died from H1N1. Suck.
less than a minute ago from web

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   

A/H1N1 flu continues to spread worldwide
2009-05-10 10:47:07
news.xinhuanet.com...

BEIJING, May 10 (Xinhua) -- The new strain of Influenza A/H1N1 continued to spread around the world on Sunday as the disease has been confirmed in more than 4,150 people in 29 countries.

Canada and Costa Rica confirmed their first fatality case on Saturday, bringing to four the number of countries which have reported confirmed human death cases.

In Costa Rica, a 53-year-old man became the first fatal victim of the A/H1N1 flu. In the Canadian province of Alberta, local health authorities said the A/H1N1 strain caused the death of a woman in her 30s who died late April.
More at Links...

Update. Influenza A (H1N1) Regional Report (9 May 2009)
new.paho.org...
PDF
new.paho.org...

An additional country has reported confirmed cases of Influenza A/H1N1. Between 8 and 9 of May, Panama notified 3 confirmed cases of Influenza A/H1N1. As of 9 May 2009, the total number of confirmed cases of Influenza A (H1N1) recorded is 4,175, including 52 deaths, in 10 countries of the Americas (Argentina, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Mexico, Panama and the United States).

H1N1 flu turns up in Littleton middle school student
Sat May 09, 2009, 09:40 PM EDT
www.wickedlocal.com...

adamschoales: RT @sbmczh This Swine Flu (H1N1) is getting absolutely ridiculous! Hamthrax, Sowmanella, Aporkalypse, Oinkmageddon, Hamademic?!?!? half a minute ago from Twitterrific

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Hmmm...“hyper-immune reaction”...

Swine flu infections understated, accelerating: “It’s too soon to say things are getting better. We’re still accelerating,." Anne Schuchat, CDC
Sunday, May 10, 2009
www.nickvanderleek.com...

Twenty-six, or 58 percent, of Mexico’s swine flu deaths were among people ages 20 to 39, Mexican health authorities said yesterday.

About 56 percent of people who died from flu in Mexico showed signs of a “hyper-immune reaction” according to health ministry. The ministry didn’t give details.

About 11 percent of those who died in that country had heart disease, and 24 percent had diabetes or were obese, conditions that might predispose patients to complications, according to the government’s Ministry of Health.

SHOOT: The WHO are in quandary. The virus is spreading, some statistics may be covered up, and they'll only declare it a pandemic when it is obvious (in other words, when people start dying in droves). Meanwhile, people are no longer concerned about H1N1. It's last week's news. Really? I predict it will be news that comes back to haunt us over the next several weeks and months, if not longer.
More at Link...

Related Link:
Swine Flu Virus Lacks Killer Traits of 1918 Pandemic, Bird Flu
www.bloomberg.com...

Hmmm...
Swine flu threat fades - for now
Saturday, May 9, 2009
sfgate.com

jeffbenz: They just announced a swine flu person was in our hotel. Lots of press. Last week when happened they locked up other hotel 7 days. Gotta go 1 minute ago from TwitterBerry

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Boy...I sure don't like the numbers on FluTracker:
US:3131
Mexico:1353
Canada:182
NZ:174
Spain:152
UK:61

San Benito California, USA: 1 Probable caseSource: California Dep. of Pub. HealthDate: 10 May 2009, 06:54about 4 hours ago from twitterfeed

Map: Swine flu infections in the U.S. (Not bad...might be behind)
www.msnbc.msn.com...

Update on Swine Influenza A/H1N1 (”Swine flu”) for All Patients
May 10, 2009 – 12:22 am
www.baplasticsurgery.com.ar...

Developments on swine flu worldwide
1 hour ago
www.google.com...

peterosbornuk: According to the ECDC, in-country transmission was reported in 5 new confirmed cases of swine flu h1n1 in the UK less than 5 seconds ago from web

Pupil treated for suspected flu
news.bbc.co.uk...

Influenza A (H1N1) Swine Flu - Update 31
Sunday, 10 May 2009, 3:04 pm
Press Release: Ministry of Health
www.scoop.co.nz...

mcdemarco: RT (from Friday) @Veratect: US, Massachusetts: State officials confirm 83 cases of influenza A (H1N1) across the state #swineflu 2 minutes ago from TweetDeck

Statewide confirmed H1N1 flu hits 115

45 confirmed cases in Kent County
Saturday, 09 May 2009, 6:23 PM EDT
www.woodtv.com...

Now, H1N1 becomes online epidemic
10 May 2009, 0947 hrs IST, PTI
timesofindia.indiatimes.com...

ummgeri: i think i got swine flu on the plane... or at least a cold.
less than 20 seconds ago from txt

fengistheman: coughing sucks, because now everyone thinks i have h1n1 in the subway 7 minutes ago from web

Back Door:
AP: A website associated with rebels have indicated that hundreds of civilians have died in a Sri Lanka shell attack. 8 minutes ago from web

DarlingJim: A-flu (H1N1) cases quietly rising into the 2,000s + nice weather + precipitous cable hysteria dropoff x stock market rise = instant amnesia. 6 minutes ago from web

[edit on 5/10/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Travel Health Warning
Travel Warning: Novel H1N1 Flu and Severe Cases of Respiratory Illness in Mexico
Avoid Nonessential Travel to Mexico
This information is current as of today, May 10, 2009 at 01:35 EDT
wwwn.cdc.gov...

Critical moments still ahead in swine flu saga
Sat, May. 09, 2009 10:15 PM
www.kansascity.com...

Japan confirms fourth case of swine flu
2009-05-10 10:41
www.chinadaily.com.cn...

Japan, Australia Confirm First Cases As Swine Flu Spreads To More Countries
www.vitabeat.com...

Costa Rica reports first H1N1 flu death
www.themalaysianinsider.com...

kortneyshane: Kortney I'm on a plane. If I cacth swine flu, I'm leaving my credit to the octo moms 3rd kid! Yes Sir. 2 minutes ago from mobile web

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Hey you! Nice to hear you got some rest finally...

Well I tried to wait it out till Monday and ended up in the emergency room just got back. IT WAS CRAZY THERE!
First of all they where packed well beyond capacity. The nurse doing my check in kept asking me questions about symptoms of swine flu like every other question was about it. I was getting worse at breathing and I finally let her have it and said I just cant breathe now dammit get me a breathing treatment and stop worrying if I have the H1N1 like the rest of the people in the ER! She told me to keep quiet about it they aren't supposed to talk about it.

Needless to say they kept me away from everyone and had me in a mask and full gown with booties. Got some xrays not pneumonia but am really inflamed so they pumped me full of steroids was supposed to do a breathing treatment and I asked them if I could just take it home and do it here as I have my own machine. The doc understood how worried I was and said "sure we are into a two room over flow with 56 beds full,I was supposed to leave 12 hours ago off a 48 hour shift!" Well I got my medicine for tonight and tomorrow morning and a couple scripts for more and flew out of there FAST! I made my son spray my shoes and purse with Lysol and my clothes are in a hot water wash with the water heater turned all the way up.

I knew there were allot of sick people here but I had no idea how bad it really was until tonight. Just freaky I tell ya.

to add
P.S.
Sorry if my grammer is a little off am a lil high off the med's now.

[edit on 10-5-2009 by xoxo stacie]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by xoxo stacie

Glad ya made the mad dash out of there! Hope ya figure something out and get better soon!

Crazy stuff and hardly any coverage now

A Third Case of H1N1 Confirmed on Saint Norbert Campus
May 9, 2009 11:50 PM
www.nbc26.com...

rumalskiretard: BULLETIN -- AUSTRIA CONFIRMS FIRST SWINE FLU CASE.
1 minute ago from web

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Glad you are ok. I know how you feel. When I went in with the scorpion sting I sat there an hour and did not get to see a triage nurse, the place was overflowing with sick people. It scared me off and I left to deal with it at home. Was one hell of a painful night.

Ended up sick 4 days later with flu symptoms anyway, as I posted in another thread, but better now. Wish I stayed away from that hospital.

I also have asthma and know that sucks too!

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
peterosbornuk: "We think swine flu h1n1 is in most of the US," the official from CDC said. "the numbers are likely to be a very great underestimate." 5 minutes ago from web

UH Manoa Students & Faculty Get Tested for H1N1 Flu
5/09 7:23 pm
www.khon2.com...

shanashanashana: a few people at my school have probable cases of h1n1, aka SWINE FLU. 2 minutes ago from web

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   

I am okay now am high as a kite but I can breathe

Hub just reminded me to tell you about the girl across from us. We where listening to them trying to talk her into getting a chest xray to have her big toe operated on
She collided with her friend riding atv's and her big toe got cut off. WHY do you need a chest xray to put a toe back on? She kept asking them why and they wouldn't give her a straight answer. She refused ,so they told her she would have to wait for surgery!

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Hmmm...very strange indeed...

I remember playing Operation! when I was a kid and they're not anywhere near each other

FrancMex: #swineflu - Doctors say asthma, diabetes or heart disease increase the risks of hospitalization or even death for H1N1 flu virus patients. 3 minutes ago from web

jevne: pigs are getting h1n1 from farmers now? that's messed. word from the pigs is that they're freaked about the human spread of swine flu.
6 minutes ago from web

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963

Hmmm...very strange indeed...

I remember playing Operation! when I was a kid and they're not anywhere near each other

FrancMex: #swineflu - Doctors say asthma, diabetes or heart disease increase the risks of hospitalization or even death for H1N1 flu virus patients. 3 minutes ago from web

jevne: pigs are getting h1n1 from farmers now? that's messed. word from the pigs is that they're freaked about the human spread of swine flu.
6 minutes ago from web

Hmm that part about the asthma makes sense. maybe they wanted to do an xray before they did the surgery and admitted her to keep an eye on her lungs if she got sick while staying there?

to add:
Just setting up the papers for my prescriptions and noticed they didn't give me copies of the questions papers. They ALWAYS give us copies. I have been going to this same hospital since I was 11 years old. They never keep all of the paper work they give you copies to take to your doctor for follow up.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Once again...strangeness...maybe they're just so overwhelmed they just "forgot"?

US HAS 2,254 CONFIRMED CASES OF NEW H1N1 FLU WITH 104 IN HOSPITAL…
Sat May 9, 2009 11:24am EDT
www.reuters.com...

Senator wants council formed vs deadly flu
05/10/2009 | 08:34 AM
www.gmanews.tv...

Hmmm...
US state of Illinois sees slow increase of A/H1N1 flu cases - Xinhua
getweb.info...

H1N1 in Mexico - Diary
Diary of Andrea López-Portillo. Mexico City
Day 17: Saturday, May 11th
h1n1diary.blogspot.com...

Swine flu's reach not yet known
Sunday, May 10, 2009 1:17 AM EDT
www.poststar.com...

laurencebroce: lol,im sa tired!!and mah throat is hurting i guess i'm going to have a cough..i'm sure it's not swine flu.. less than a minute ago from web

Back Door:
AP: Sri Lankan health officials confirms that shell attack kills at least 257 and wounds at 814. 5 minutes ago from web

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Maybe they did either way I will get them

My doctor is one big hard butt! He will send one of the girls over to retrieve them if he has to....

OUCH sri lanka got hit hard I see those are some harsh numbers.

Have you guys also noticed that when ever they are now reporting a death from the H1N1 they are citing an underlying health issue as the reason they died? I can see someone getting it worse having a pre-exsiting health issue but every single one is siteing a previous health issue now. Perhaps a way for them to convince people that they aren't passing away jusst from the flu?

to add:
getting loopy better go and lay down before I have to crawl to my room again!!!
Will be back a litlte later....keep up the good work!

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Here's a nice page with NAU Flu RSS Feeds

medworm.com

Swine Flu Hits 26 Health Care Workers
May 8, 2009
blog.aflcio.org...
(per lunieri)

~
In April, a report by the AFL-CIO and several unions, including the United American Nurses (UAN), revealed that health care workers are at risk because many of the nation’s health care facilities are not prepared to deal with a pandemic. The committee’s chairman, Rep. George Miller, also said anther recent survey of nearly 200,000 U.S. health care workers found that

57 percent of these workers had not been provided training on pandemic flu. More than half of these workers felt that their facility was not “ready for most things” that could arise in a flu pandemic. And only 33 percent thought that most health care workers would report to work during an actual flu pandemic.
More at Link...

No 'smoking gun' of person-to-pig H1N1 infection: CFIA
May. 9 2009 3:56 PM ET
www.ctv.ca...

Thailand reports "suspected" influenza A H1N1 case
May 10, 2009, 3:16 GMT
monstersandcritics.com

Possible Canadian connection in Japan's first cases of swine flu
Saturday, May 9, 2009 | 10:08 PM ET
www.cbc.ca...

Fifth case of swine flu in Scotland confirmed
A 19-year-old man from Greenock is the latest person to catch the virus.
09 May 2009 18:06 PM
news.stv.tv...

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Pandemic Influenza Preparation and Response:
A Citizen’s Guide:
New 2009 H1N1 Update
Version 2.0
May, 2009

instedd.org...
(per lunieri)

~
Projections expect 253,000 people to die in California alone, and 10,713,000 people are expected to fall ill in that state.

~
Overview:

• Communities will be affected simultaneously

• At least 30% of the overall population may become infected in a severe pandemic

• Absenteeism could be upward of 50% in a severe pandemic

• A pandemic is likely to last for 12 to 18 months

• Communities could be affected by several waves lasting 6 to 8 weeks each

• Vaccines and antiviral drugs for pandemic influenza will be in short supply, may be of limited effectiveness, and will likely not be available to most communities

• Most of the ill may wish to seek medical care

• All health care systems will be overwhelmed

• Health facilities are unlikely to be available to most, and may be inadvisable to enter owing to increased chances of exposure to the virus

• People and communities will likely be on their own without the help of mutual aid from other communities, hospitals, or other public services

Who will get sick?

• The percentage of infected individuals will most likely be 30% of the overall population during a severe pandemic.

• Illness rates may be highest among school-aged children (40%) and decline with age. An average of 20% of working adults will become ill during a community outbreak.

• All it takes is for one infected person to get on an airplane and fly into the next country to start the spread of the illness.

Will there be enough health care providers?

Should a pandemic occur on the 1918 scale, all medical systems will be overwhelmed.

Current levels of emergency, hospital, and outpatient care will not be available owing to insufficient numbers of beds, ventilators, medical supplies, and personnel (absenteeism in health care personnel is expected
to meet or exceed that of the general population).

Long-term care and skilled nursing facilities, among others, will also be affected.

What will happen when people die?

The Medical Examiner’s Office, morgues, and funeral homes will not have the resources to handle the high number of deaths, which in a severe pandemic is estimated to be approximately 2-5% of those infected.

The dead will need to be cared for at home until they are able to be picked up.

What will happen to my community?

Rates of absenteeism at work will soar during peak periods of a pandemic.

This will likely cause significant disruption of public and privately owned
critical infrastructure including transportation, commerce, utilities, public safety, and communications.
PDF at Link...

Mexico raises its swine flu toll to 48
May 10, 2009 02:06am
www.news.com.au...

Asthma Sufferers Should Be Cautious Of Swine Flu
www.medicalnewstoday.com...

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
good morning all

I just woke up from the worst dream, about the flu...
just realized on waking up: by the end of this month the tourism season will start, meaning that a lot of europeans (thousends in 3 months) will be heading south, to Spain, Portugal, Italy. Most will travel by car or with busses...
Everyone made travel plans. Most will go for 2 or 3 weeks and then head back north...

If this thing doesn't dissapear this month, it's doomed to spread over the summer

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

Not much to stop it at this point...either way it's going to spread it seems

BTW: in this "dream"...did you see a old black lady or a suave white guy?

VT confirms first case of swine flu for state
Sat, 9 May 2009
multimedia.boston.com...

Impact from Influenza H1N1 hits home in Minnesota - Bismarck Farm & Ranch Guide
swineflu.pieceoftheworld.org...

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963
reply to post by GypsK

Not much to stop it at this point...either way it's going to spread it seems

BTW: in this "dream"...did you see a old black lady or a suave white guy?

Impact from Influenza H1N1 hits home in Minnesota - Bismarck Farm & Ranch Guide
swineflu.pieceoftheworld.org...

um... nope, lol, no black or old people, just a lot of death people... everyone said 'it's not the flu' and as usual in my dreams no one wants to believe me.... hate those

top topics

<< 121  122  123    125  126  127 >>

join