It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama, Direction Of U.S. Favored By Most Americans: AP Poll

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Obama, Direction Of U.S. Favored By Most Americans: AP Poll

www.huffingtonpost.com

For the first time in years, more Americans than not say the country is headed in the right direction, a sign that Barack Obama has used the first 100 days of his presidency to lift the public's mood and inspire hopes for a brighter future.

Intensely worried about their personal finances and medical expenses, Americans nonetheless appear realistic about the time Obama might need to turn things around, according to an Associated Press-GfK poll. It shows most Americans consider their new president to be a strong, ethical and empathetic leader who is working to change Washington.

Nobody k
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.yahoo.com

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Read it and weep GOP.

Despite the histrionics of mush loosebowels and others from the far right and the theatrics of the tea parties...

(my gay friends thought calling them tea parties was a hoot given what it means in gay circles)

... it seems most Americans seem to think that Obama is doing a good job and is turning the nation in the correct (as opposed to the right
) direction.

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 23-4-2009 by grover]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

well you made your political views pretty clear, hmm i wonder if your democratic??? hmm..

lol, and no I'm not republican, I'm a libertarian, so don't give me that right wing BS.

I'm not saying Obama is a bad president, hes just another president, one controlled by outside forces.

I feel like America is going to get worse, and there is nothing we can do about it as long as we keep electing these same players from the same teams.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

it seems most Americans seem to think that Obama is doing a good job and is turning the nation in the correct (as opposed to the right ) direction.

Not that hard to make it seem that way when the only ones they are polling

are Democrats.

Seriously, glad people feel that way, but as with other polls let's give it some more time to see how well/bad his agenda works out.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Ah yes popular opinion polls. You love them when they agree with you (this one) and hate them when they don't (gay marriage). Greeeeat HuffingtonPost, they aren't biased.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Glug, glug, glug, glug! That's the sound of you drinking the Kool Aid faster than they can pour it. Way to cite a notoriously leftist leaning blog as a source.

I'm no Republican, I'm a strict Constitutionalist aligned with the Libertarian party and I can assure you that poll is crap. But, you believe what you want - by the time you awaken from this dream, the country will resemble Venezeula! And THAT is something most Americans will NOT support!

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I agree it is headed in the right direction...

right towards a revolution in which we take back our government for the people, by the people.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

Don't give me that kool aid crap... and the source is the AP as cited in both the Huffington and Yahoo links.

I am perfectly capable of thinking for myself and do... as for being a Democrat, I consider myself a liberal independent... I have said before that I have no illusions about Obama, that he is a politician with all that it implies.

or as I have said before I have no faith in the Democrats but I have less faith in the Republicans.

Still I do like Obama and considering the options we were given this election cycle all I can say is McCain would be swamped by now.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover

(my gay friends thought calling them tea parties was a hoot given what it means in gay circles)

[edit on 23-4-2009 by grover]

Guess "your gay friends" never studied any history
while they were in school. If they and many of your fellow dems had, they'd know the story about the Boston Tea Party, and why these gatherings were also called Tea Parties.

Hint to grover: I'll guess that most Americans either do not know what gays mean by that, or do not want to know.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

The tea party gatherings were a joke... a million or so out of 330 million... besides that there was absolutely nothing revolutionary about them... they were standing up for the status quo and nothing else.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
Ah yes popular opinion polls. You love them when they agree with you (this one) and hate them when they don't (gay marriage). Greeeeat HuffingtonPost, they aren't biased.

The hypocrisy of what you point out here is absolutely true.

Anyone recall not so long ago how many on the left attributed high poll numbers against their pet causes to "those stupid people in the red states"?

So, is there a problem then if some attribute obama's (current, but fleeting) high poll numbers to clueless, kool-aid drinking people in the blue states?

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Like I said the source is the Associated Press... they not Huffington conducted the poll and it was first reported this morning on Yahoo.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
When he is getting bad polling numbers all his supporters cry that it is to soon to judge him and that we should wait a while to make our assesments.

When he is getting good polling numbers his supporters like grover post them here and say na na boo boo.

So I guess what I'm trying to get at is, can we start judging him now or what?

If we can I have a MSNBC poll that shows that he his failing pretty bad.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Actually I am less pro Obama than I am anti GOP and anti right wing.

I originally wanted someone other than Obama or Clinton... Clarke, Richardson or Edwards were my picks but Obama is what we got so I will support him... but not blindly... unlike bush minor's supporters.

I have already criticized him over the bailouts and I am sure I will criticize him over other things as well.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
The belief was that this country was definitely headed in the right direction as soon as he got elected, hands down.
To conduct such a poll at this point in time tells me that perhaps these same people are beginning to question if this is still the case.
Looks like this is nothing but an attempt at self reassurance.

Considering that all we kept hearing from the left is that this country is in the worst condition it's ever been, this poll should not come as a surprise to anyone.
I mean geez, when the country is that far down, then the only direction it can go is up.
What do you expect.

My feelings are, things will get "better", but at what cost?

..btw, don't know if you realize this but these "tea parties" you ridicule will continue to grow in number each time Obama decides to snuggle up with people like Chavez and Castro or apologize for America's actions.

I'll check back with you in another hundred days to see how you still feel.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
From the quoted source:

"And yet, the percentage of Americans saying the country is headed in the right direction rose to 48 percent, up from 40 percent in February. Forty-four percent say the nation is on the wrong track."

Plus or minus four percent as most polls of this sort are and the 'most americans' part of the ap poll can be justifiably questioned.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
see this is why i dont favor the left they INFLATE all their numbers.

for the record the us population is around 330 million

but helllllllllllllllllllllloooo how many people voted-and those people are the people who really count we all know this.

so yeah 1 million out of around 120 million round down if you will or up.

were the tea party protesters.

i am one of those extreme right wingers so imo the country isnt headed in the right direction its more of the same ole sh** different day.

dont try to spray lysol on a pile of doogie doo and say it doesnt stink cause it still does.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra

right towards a revolution in which we take back our government for the people, by the people.

Yeah...because the militias and those from the military that would actively dissent against the government are so much stronger than the US military and police forces...

...and if by some miracle the revolters should gain the upper-hand, against the better-funded, much better-equipped government loyalists...

...don't you think there is a NWO contingency plan in place to regain control...if manipulating the anti-government, dissenters isn't their plot device in the first place.

...to me, sparking a "revolution," armed or not, would be exactly what I would expect of the NWO to fully institute their domination of the populace...

And as even if the NWO wasn't who was really in control, behind the "revolutionaries," do we think they'd actually come out of it unscathed? The power-vacuum would be so great the reprecussions would be global and catastrophic.

But that's just my opinion.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
Actually I am less pro Obama than I am anti GOP and anti right wing.

I originally wanted someone other than Obama or Clinton... Clarke, Richardson or Edwards were my picks but Obama is what we got so I will support him... but not blindly... unlike bush minor's supporters.

I have already criticized him over the bailouts and I am sure I will criticize him over other things as well.

Yet you start your post with "read it and weep".

I refer you to my last post.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by madhatr137

Originally posted by eNumbra

Yeah...because the militias and those from the military that would actively dissent against the government are so much stronger than the US military and police forces...

...and if by some miracle the revolters should gain the upper-hand, against the better-funded, much better-equipped government loyalists...

...don't you think there is a NWO contingency plan in place to regain control...if manipulating the anti-government, dissenters isn't their plot device in the first place.

...to me, sparking a "revolution," armed or not, would be exactly what I would expect of the NWO to fully institute their domination of the populace...

And as even if the NWO wasn't who was really in control, behind the "revolutionaries," do we think they'd actually come out of it unscathed? The power-vacuum would be so great the reprecussions would be global and catastrophic.

But that's just my opinion.

I'm sorry, did I say Armed Revolution? No? Okay then.

Besides, if the NWO is already in control and has contingencies etc... what would there be for us to lose?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join