It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cell phone issue need help.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
The past week or so when i am on my phone a while I hear a strange sound. This is exactly it , when you pull into a gas staion and run over the black cord that triggers a bell to notify the station workers you are here is the sound, Ding, Ding as if its me in the darn car pulling in. At 1st I thougt why is this person saying they are at home who I was speaking to, but blew it off, it happens everytime I am on that cell phone now and they on the other end do not hear it. I gave the phone to my son tonight and told him to use it so he could hear it. I use att and its a 08 iphone. Have you people heard of this?
Its driving me batty.

Thanks

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I know my iphone makes a similar sound when I'm getting a call waiting call, a new text or an email when I'm on the phone. Could it be that? Otherwise I don't know.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I dont get text messages but maybe I hit a button by mistake that alerts me to something. Its not call waiting.
I will check my alerts section.
Thanks

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I can offer no advice. If you had the same sound being played in your ear that I hear, then we could of started up an investigation.

When I make calls every now and then I get this weird click, almost as if another line was opened to my conversation. My friends notice it, and have told me it's only when they talk to me, so it can't be their phones.

Anyone know the number to call and see if your phone is tapped?
I had it awhile ago, but It was lost to the ages.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I did a quick google search and it seems you are not alone. I saw many different forums with this same question. I have an 08 iPhone too but I have not experienced this as of yet. You might want to call APPLE support and see what they say.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Thanks for your help. I cannot fiqure this out I have had the phone over a year. The sound its whats so odd, what the heck. Why would anyone want to even be notified of anything on a cell phone with this noise.

If a phone number exists to see if I am tapped, I need it to ease my mind.

[edit on 23-4-2009 by saralee]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I had an iphone, for less than 2 days. Everytime I seemed to answer or end a call, I would hear the camera shutter noise (which could be set to anything, and if your use iphone I would check this) so I go to my buddy who works for Wireless wave and ask him about it. Apparently, its taking pictures so that people can use some app to see where I am and so it takes a picture of where I am.

The only thing, is that I never signed up or installed that app... the phone was just randomly taking pictures of where I was, and whats worse is that it wouldn't show me them. Anyways, I got rid of the phone the second day.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdJohnAdams
I can offer no advice. If you had the same sound being played in your ear that I hear, then we could of started up an investigation.

When I make calls every now and then I get this weird click, almost as if another line was opened to my conversation. My friends notice it, and have told me it's only when they talk to me, so it can't be their phones.

Anyone know the number to call and see if your phone is tapped?
I had it awhile ago, but It was lost to the ages.

I get that click too usually 3 minutes into a personal call.

They don't like to listen to personal calls. I don't blame them, I wish they would talk to my mother, eldest daughter and heartbroken best friend whose wife of 25 years just ran off with his best friend so I could get on with the business of giving them juicy phone calls to listen too.

If it's a cell phone there is no number you can call to check if it's tapped.

Start timing your phone calls and check to the second when you hear the click.

You will see a pattern develop between calls you hear no click, and calls you do hear a click on.

And remember you aren't paranoid when they are out to get you!

Or at least relatively determined you don't get them!

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Just a thought, most call recording software puts a beep in... Usually every few minutes - but both party s on the call should hear it.

The recording SW I use does not have a beep.... actually thinking about it, unless everyone you call is using the same SW then this really is not much help.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I live here in Wi. but my best friendboy lives in Ipswich. We have scheduled phone calls to make things easier for us both, And I cant swear to it but I believe its DHS listens to our convos. Why I think that is this... we both play EvE. What does that have to do with it? Well ya see.. there nuclear weapons, doomsday weapons, bombs (regular), smartbombs, 125 gats, 225 vulcans, 800mm reloading .. you get the idea all those buzzwords.

Every time we talk we get hung up on at least once. And omg the clicks. You would think they could be a little more covert.

Dax

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImzadiDax
I live here in Wi. but my best friendboy lives in Ipswich. We have scheduled phone calls to make things easier for us both, And I cant swear to it but I believe its DHS listens to our convos. Why I think that is this... we both play EvE. What does that have to do with it? Well ya see.. there nuclear weapons, doomsday weapons, bombs (regular), smartbombs, 125 gats, 225 vulcans, 800mm reloading .. you get the idea all those buzzwords.

Every time we talk we get hung up on at least once. And omg the clicks. You would think they could be a little more covert.

Dax

Wow thats a really great point. Theres a thread out right now that has a list of keywords that are being picked up by Echelon, you should checkout that thread cause you're right a lot of those words are on it.

You're one example of how normal people are sucked up in the massive net of domestic spying.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
You know what, king9072, you pose a very good point.
Usually when I hear these clicks is almost always with people whom I'm trying to enlighten about the state of our world right now.

For the record, I'll start watching for these and jotting it down. I want a good topic, and mark my words, with these I'll achieve it. It's just to weird and off for it to be a simple click or problem with the speaker.

I'm starting a notebook with occurrences, whom I talked to when, it happened and what was said...TONIGHT.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Check the phone setup. Some cell phones have a setting that gives a ding or noise of some kind that marks off the minutes. It's to let you know the minutes are ticking off. Especially on the rate plans that charge 10 to 20 cents per minute.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I think I have a fiqured it out but not sure. The sound is like entering a gas station so somehow I must have hit a button that makes this noise when my battery is low.
Ha , what the hell.
Cant turn in off now.
Darn iphone I hate it.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
After I started facebook and became addicted, the BLOOP sound from getting a chat message stayed in my head for hours after even logging off.

Is it possible that you have a similar chat program with alerts that seem to echo in your head at a later time?

Now, I don't hear the BLOOP sound anymore everywhere I go, I cut down on facebook lol.

top topics

join