It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project HEDON, and the mystery my father left me

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Hedon,

Good luck in your journey to unravel the truth. I started googling after reading the OP and stumbled onto information about projects similar to MKULTRA etc.

www.raven1.net...

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Redpillblues

what's that first link again? it doesn't work for me.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
This work happened in the 60s with your father and they were mind control experiments. US govt now has mind control technology and I have experienced this technology myself. Please see the below thread

US Govt Mind Control

The question is can you beat mind control? You can't beat it. Faraday cages and tin foil are not going to stop it.

[edit on 22-4-2009 by sunny_2008ny]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I notice you just joined yesterday, I am generally skeptical of people who join and immediately post a fantastic story; it is a hallmark of people who are hoaxing. May I ask how you came across ATS?

Also, it may behoove you to read about felicific calculus

"The units of measurements used in the felicific calculus may be termed hedons and dolors."

Very interesting story and well written, I wish you luck in your search for truth and justice. I will say that linguistically, your manner of writing and your father's from the quoted section do seem markedly dissimilar, which adds credence to the story.

Peace be among all of these, my friends and brethren.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ExquisitExamplE

I notice you just joined yesterday, I am generally skeptical of people who join and immediately post a fantastic story;

I think the person must get benefit of doubt because the he posted on other websites, before joining ATS, maybe links to the posts on other websites by the person can help us judge him properly.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExquisitExamplE
I notice you just joined yesterday, I am generally skeptical of people who join and immediately post a fantastic story; it is a hallmark of people who are hoaxing. May I ask how you came across ATS?

Also, it may behoove you to read about felicific calculus

"The units of measurements used in the felicific calculus may be termed hedons and dolors."

Very interesting story and well written, I wish you luck in your search for truth and justice. I will say that linguistically, your manner of writing and your father's from the quoted section do seem markedly dissimilar, which adds credence to the story.

Peace be among all of these, my friends and brethren.

Really? I thought they were strikingly similar actually. O.o

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
You know what's odd? The first thing I thought of when I saw the word "HEDON" was that Head-On commercial. "Head-On: Apply directly to the forehead. Head-On: Apply directly to the forehead. Head-On: Apply directly to the forehead."

Call me crazy, but I think I'm onto something here.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by T0by

The more I read it, the more I think you are correct. Perhaps I was too hasty in my original analysis.

Also, I've been trying to find these other websites where he posted the story, copying and pasting snippets of it into google, and I can't seem to find it, it seems this site is the only site where the story appears.

Hedon, could you kindly provide a link to the other websites where you've posted your story?

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I agree with Sunny; when I read your first post, I immediately thought of the MKULTRA, Montauk Project, HAARP, and other mind control projects.

Especially since, from my knowledge, when they first started experimenting, they used direct microwaves into human subjects. Eventually, it seems they realized that they literally fried peoples brains and made them mad and useless. They then learned to deflect the microwaves off of a dish with the same effects.

But, the time era you're talking about seems to coincide with the direct microwave experiments.

[edit on 23-4-2009 by flysse]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
so i googled the ol' Dr. José Manuel Rodriguez Delgado

en.wikipedia.org...

it appears he created the stimoceiver which

which joined a stimulator of brain waves with a receiver which monitored E.E.G. waves and sent them back on separate radio channels.

apparently this device had the ability to switch aggression on and off. some type of weapon development program i guess.

The stimoceiver could be used to stimulate emotions and control behavior.

now your "story" Hedon is so far just a story. and being as old as you are you should know that the world knows that seeing is believing.
start scanning Mr. because anyone can find the information your feeding this forum.

see when my pop, started to get old he got crazy. and he would come out with all sorts of crazy stories about the big CIA, the bloods and the crypts and the KKK. they were believable but not provable.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Hedon

You applaud skepticism, so I have a question, a favor, to ask you that would gain trust in your story.

You say:

I graduated from high school a year early and went to New Mexico State University. I got my degree in Political Science, and shortly after attended University of Texas at Austin to get my Masters degree in History. I got a job as a High School teacher. After a few years, I enrolled at Rice University to obtain a PhD in European History.

Can you scan these diplomas and post them for us? You could blot out your personal info, obviously, but it would prove to me that what you say is the truth... maybe even a scan of that page of the journal you quoted qould be enough.
I know that what you're talking about is serious, but this is something that would take 20 min. max and would back up your stories ten fold.

Obviously you don't have to do it, but I don't think it would hurt in order to back up your story and perhaps receive more input from our members here on ATS.
If you did this for us, I will give up my time to help research and find out what I can.

Good luck on your quest

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Hedon

I found this little bit of information for you; although it does not mention HEDON by name, the time frame is consistent as is the scope of the experiments

III. During the Cold War, the U.S. Federal Government conducted research into behavioral control. It was judged to be critical to U.S. national security that the U.S. acquire capabilities in this area, in order to maintain parity with, and to develop counter-measures against, believed advances that had been made in this field by the USSR and China. It was thought to be impossible to make substantial progress in behavioral control research without using unwitting human test subjects. The agency conducting the research justified the ethical and legal violations involved in using unwitting human test subjects by the impossibility of otherwise making progress and by the critical importance the sought after capabilities had to U.S. national security. A. "On June 1, 1951, top military and intelligence officials of the United States, Canada and Great Britain, alarmed by the frightening reports of communist success at ‘intervention in the individual mind,’ summoned a small group of eminent psychologists to a secret meeting at the Ritz-Carlton Hotel in Montreal. The Soviets had gotten Hungary's Joszef Cardinal Mindszenty, an outspoken anti-communist, to confess to espionage, and they also seemed to be able to indoctrinate political enemies and even control the thoughts of entire populations. The researchers were convinced that the communists' success must be the fruit of some mysterious breakthroughs. By the following September, U.S. government scientists, spurred on by reports that American prisoners of war were being brainwashed in North Korea, were proposing an urgent, top-secret research program on behavior modification. Drugs, hypnosis, electroshock, lobotomy -- all were to be studied as part of a vast U.S. effort to close the mind-control gap." The Cold War Experiments, Budiansky, Goode and Gest, U.S News and World Report, January 24, 1994 B. "MKULTRA was the principal CIA program involving the research and development of chemical and biological agents. It was ‘concerned with the research and development of chemical, biological, and radiological materials capable of employment in clandestine operations to control human behavior.’ [ Memorandum from the CIA Inspector General to the Director, 7/26/63 ] ... MKULTRA was approved by the DCI [Director of Central Intelligence] on April 13, 1953 along the lines proposed by ADDP [Associate Deputy Director for Plans] Helms. ... Over the ten-year life of the program, many ‘additional avenues to the control of human behavior’ were designated as appropriate for investigation under the MKULTRA charter. These include ‘radiation, electroshock, various fields of psychology, psychiatry, sociology, and anthropology, graphology, harassment substances, and paramilitary devices and materials.’ ... '___' was one of the materials tested in the MKULTRA program. The final phase of '___' testing involved surreptitious administration to unwitting nonvolunteer subjects in normal life settings by undercover officers of the Bureau of Narcotics acting for the CIA. The rationale for such testing was ‘that testing of materials under accepted scientific procedures fails to disclose the full pattern of reactions and attributions that may occur in operational situations.’ [ Inspector General Report on MKULTRA, 1963, p. 21 ] ... The late 1940s and early 1950s were marked by concern over the threat posed by the activities of the Soviet Union, the People's Republic of China, and other Communist bloc countries. United States concern over the use of chemical and biological agents by these powers was acute. The belief that hostile powers had used chemical and biological agents in interrogations, brainwashing, and in attacks designed to harass, disable, or kill Allied personnel created considerable pressure for a ‘defensive’ program to investigate chemical and biological agents so that the intelligence community could understand the mechanisms by which these substances worked and how their effects could be defeated. ... As the Deputy Director for Plans, Richard Helms, wrote the Deputy Director of Central Intelligence during discussions which led to tile cessation of unwitting testing: ‘While I share your uneasiness and distaste for any program which tends to intrude upon an individual's private and legal prerogatives, I believe it is necessary that the Agency maintain a central role in this activity, keep current on enemy capabilities the manipulation of human behavior, and maintain an offensive capability.’ [Memorandum for the Deputy Director of Central Intelligence from the Deputy Director for Plans, 12/17/63, pp. 2-3 ] ... On December 17, 1963, Deputy Director for Plans Helms wrote a memo to the DDCI, who with the Inspector General and the Executive Director-Comptroller had opposed the covert testing. He noted two aspects of the problem: (1) ‘for over a decade the Clandestine Services has had the mission of maintaining a capability for influencing human behavior;’ and (2) ‘testing arrangements in furtherance of this mission should be as operationally realistic and yet as controllable as possible.’ Helms argued that the individuals must be ‘unwitting’ as this was ‘the only realistic method of maintaining the capability, considering the intended operational use of materials to influence human behavior as the operational targets will certainly be unwitting. Should the subjects of the testing not be unwitting, the program would only be ‘pro forma’ resulting in a ‘false sense of accomplishment and readiness.’’ [Memorandum for the Record prepared by the Inspector General, 5/15/63] ... Helms noted that because of the suspension of covert testing, the Agency's ‘positive operational capability to use drugs is diminishing, owing to a lack of realistic testing. With increasing knowledge of the state of the art, we are less capable of staying up with Soviet advances in this field.’ [ Memorandum from DDP Helms to DCI, 6/9/64, pp 1-2. ]"

Link to the entire article

I hope this helps you some.

[edit on 4/23/2009 by DarrylGalasso]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   

The final phase of '___' testing involved surreptitious administration to unwitting nonvolunteer subjects in normal life settings by undercover officers of the Bureau of Narcotics acting for the CIA.

Ah yes, the old acid in the coffee gag, A favorite of mischievous high-school students and unscrupulous government agents everywhere.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
You might find some solace in researching MKULTRA. Guess who was behind a lot of it? GWBSr.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Some elements of you story remind me of the Philadelphia project, of which I can briefly explain.

The Philadelphia project was a science experiment that focused on teleportation, supposedly. The lore behind The Philadelphia project, is that a ship with a full crew was exposed to intense electromagnetic fields. The ship disappeared and reappeared some distance away instantaneously then reappeared back in Philly. Although the ship was intact, the crew suffered severe burns, dementia, psychosis, and some of the crew appeared in the ship and when I say in the ship I mean halfway through the deck and walls of the ship.

Hope it helps somehow

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
You are fairly accurate. MKULTRA was real, Dr. Jwas involved, the ethics of the project were at times absolutely awful, certain parts were about how radio waves and light waves and audio could influence/alter the human psyche.
I really found that fascinating.
I have a suspicion that the project you refer to involving radio waves was an attempt to reverse engineer an effect that was noted, with regards to third party manipulation of the human psyche.
The Manchurian candidate is a good one to read, the CIA's website on MKULTRA has very little data, however you can find good data on the mind control experients of the 1950's and 1960's, up to the Stanford Prison experience online.
At that point, allegedly all research stopped.
I believe research continued, Dreamland is the place you go when you sleep, a trance like state, with visuals at times like Aurora Borealis.
Not all top secret research involves aeroplanes anyways.
Googling "Phoenix Project" and "Project Monarch" on google video is very interesting.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I don't have much to add more than my support and that I was intrigued, appalled and highly disturbed by the story (not the story itself, but the contents of it).

Sad to say, I can not say that I am even the slightest chocked or surprised... After investigating more or less everything about the MK-projects I have come to this conclusion: the minds that mastered the Nazi death camps were never defeated, they just changed location...

If these men are alive, they should face serious trial and world wide exposure. If they are no longer among us, I hope the afterworld have something fitting their deeds.
Your father, rest his soul, did show great repent though. His condition in the end showed deepest regret. There are many razor's edge to walk in the quest for knowledge.
My only question is; what was the purpose? How could it, in any way be worth it?

So dark and destructive are the minds of men.
This world needs a change.
We can no longer just "take" this...

[edit on 23-4-2009 by Raud]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Interesting read indeed, could they have been experimenting on teleportation? I have no idea still seems like a inhumane way to try out their experiments, rather sick actually, sorry to hear about your dad.

Oneness...

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExquisitExamplE
reply to post by T0by

The more I read it, the more I think you are correct. Perhaps I was too hasty in my original analysis.

Also, I've been trying to find these other websites where he posted the story, copying and pasting snippets of it into google, and I can't seem to find it, it seems this site is the only site where the story appears.

Hedon, could you kindly provide a link to the other websites where you've posted your story?

Thankyou. That was a nice change from the usual 'How dare you disagree with me' response i'd normally get on forums. Or life in general.

I'm surprised this story hasn't been met with the usual hostility, and people haven't been demanding more evidence every post.
Are people getting nicer? Or do they have better things to worry about at the moment

Myself, i'm going to just wait and see if he produces anything else. Because it would be a very very easy thing for him to provide, which he has not done yet. He says he wants to be believed and taken seriously somewhat, that's the next step he needs to take.

I'm totally fascinated by experiments such as these. I think I must be a little bit deranged inside. So yeah, I want to know more.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   
If this experiment was about creating rage within participants then it is an opposite of the meaning of the word hedon.

Hedon is a greek work for "delight" and hedonism is the basic idea behind hedonistic thought, that pleasure is the only thing that is good for a person.

So whoever named this project was clearly using Hedon as an opposite of what the actual experiment was about, bit off a mocking statement really isn't it?

Interesting story but I agree that scans of the journal would help us research this better.

Cheers

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join