It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the most embarrassing thing you've ever done?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
So this happened when I was about 13 I think;

One day I had a few friends over, and we were just hanging out. When my mom comes downstairs with the laundry, and she was like

"Nick, I left some tissues by your bed, so it doesn't get all over it next time":shk::shk:

My friends still won't let me forget about that:bnghd::bnghd::bnghd:

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by nick_napalm

ROFLMAO!

I can understand why your friends didn't let you live it down...*snicker*

Don't think you're getting away with this AD!

Roswell.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
An adult story so can all the youngsters shut their eyes and put fingers in their ear's.....

I was about 18 years old and had a very good day out with a lot of my friends.

At the time I lived at home with my parent's and turned up at home about 4am very much worse for wear.
After several attempts I successfully opened the front door and somehow locked it upon entry.
I walked upstairs to what I thought was my bedroom and stripped off completely naked and got into what I thought was my bed.
Unfortunately I had made a mistake and got into bed with my parents.
My father being the understanding man that he is, (he too can make a bit of a fool of himself after partaking too much), got out of his own bed and went into mine. (He is definitely far more understanding than me!).
Obviously being under the influence I fell asleep and knew nothing of my error and was blissful in my ignorance.
My drunken slumber was shattered early in the morning with the immortal words from my mother.....
'And you can get that thing out of my back'
Being so young I had what can only be described as a full Morning Glory!!!

After making sharp my exit, (my father being an early riser was already up and about buying papers and making coffee etc), I rushed into my bedroom never to come out until I knew my parents had gone out.

My mother has never spoken of it, she didn't have to.

I told my mates a few years later and it is now the occasional source of ridicule, quite rightly so.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
It was high school, between classes, so everyone and their brother was in the hallway. I was wearing a very cute pair of high heel shoes, that were extremely high. Carrying my trapper keeper (shut up) and books, I walked down the hall towards my next class.

To this day I still don't know what happened. But I went from a standing position to a completely flattened position in a fraction of a second. Books and papers set a world record on distance and the entire world stopped to stare.

And then laugh.

That was the last time I ever wore high heels.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by nick_napalm
So this happened when I was about 13 I think;

One day I had a few friends over, and we were just hanging out. When my mom comes downstairs with the laundry, and she was like

"Nick, I left some tissues by your bed, so it doesn't get all over it next time":shk::shk:

My friends still won't let me forget about that:bnghd::bnghd::bnghd:

That is really funny! But you have a nice mother-- my mother was always in denial that my two brothers would ever....uh....need tissue.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
New addition to my most hated of moments;

1hr of aerobics...

When I chose to do PE at school, I didn't expect to have to join in with the Dance and Gym class..

Roswell.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by roswell1

I remember when I was in 8th grade they made us dance in gym.

It was pretty much a waste of time.

And I thought I was all through with dancing, but this year in Spanish class my teacher made everyone dance, because she said its a part of the culture. Ugh, we don't even learn Spanish in that class.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Not really something I did..but was embarrassing.
Last year, over the Christmas holidays, my daughter and I went to her friends house, to visit with her friend and her parents.
Well the mother of my daughter's friend started up about what she wanted her hubby to get her as a gift.
Her hubby spoke up and said..
" I'll get you what you want if she (pointing to me) sits on my lap to ask for it!!!"
AAAAAAhhhhh!
talk about awkward....
:shk:

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
My dog has his moments when it comes to embarrassing me.

The summer before last I, together with a friend, took him to a large park so we could play ball with him.

The ball was shaped like a rugby ball and was a bit smaller, and he was having a whale of a time, catching it and running in a big half circle before bringing it back.

Some distance away were a couple of female sun bathers, one of whom was lying flat on her back with her knees up, heels tucked just under her bum. And her eyes closed.

My little darling decided she would make a great playmate and ran over to deposit a very wet, spitty ball right between her legs.

The shriek was deafening even from a distance. All we could do was wave an apology.
Fortunately she saw the funny side, as did her friend who was hysterical.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Ill list one that springs immediatly to mind. I was working at my family Cinema, I was about 16. It was a packed house, Teen Wolf and Rocky iv, Drago "I will Break You" Dirty Dancing and Aliens. ( i think that was the sessions)

We basically packed each session and turned them round very very fast in multi theatres, I had to run to the loo mid peak sessions during candy bar and ticket sales. But I was dying, it had been so busy I hadnt had a chance to go and it was a dire emergency.... I was ushering and had to help out in the candybar before opening the session doors, it was literally rows of 40 deep in the foyer all the way down to the theatres trying to get to the candy bar. I came outa the loo and quickly hopped back behind the counter.

"Can I have a tin of cool fruits" and I quickly turn and reach up to the highest stacked sweets, and I vaguely remember hearing laughter.

It was odd, every male started to ask for a tin of Cool fruits, and each time I reached up the laughter got louder.
After about 40 sales of cool fruits ( a record sale for a session) my sister yelled at me:

"Oh my zazz, get into the store room and untuck your skirt from the back of your undies/panties/knickers (whatever you wanna call them ATSERS)"

Sigh~ I died, and didnt come back out for that session, I didnt care how busy they were. I had showed my Butt to a full house, and they would get no more sweet treats from me that day. I cried till my dad came and got me and took me home.

[edit on 11-11-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
aww, poor zazz! pointless fact: the last post before Zazz was also the 12th of...a month...

Roswell.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Belting out 'charlie rich - behind closed doors' in a full on country accent to a fireman. At 4 in the morning.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Honestly that just made me laugh so much

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bluebelle
Belting out 'charlie rich - behind closed doors' in a full on country accent to a fireman. At 4 in the morning.

Honey, do I wanna know what previous actions prompted that?
Probably not....:shk:
But FUNNY!

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I have had some embarrassing moments, but none like a friend of mine did.

It is an all time classic and here's how it happened.

One night some years back I had just gotten off of work and a friend of mine (Tony) called me and said it was going to be guys night out. He asked if I wanted to come out with the group and I said, heck yes.

So at about 8pm they picked me up and all 7 of us headed out, in a mini-van.

So my friend Tony calls his wife or actually his mother-in-laws house, where his spouse was at, to let his wife know that he would be coming home a bit late, she wasn't there so he got the answering machine, then left a message.

I remember the call it was typical, " Hey hon, I just picked up John and the rest of the guys, I won't be back until maybe 2am or so, don't wait up, love you." Bye

Tony's mother-in-law was a piece of work, always talking down to him, treating him like he was not good enough for her daughter, and poor Tony never spoke his peace or spoke up period, but tonight he started venting to us like never before.

His words were extremely colorful, it went something like this.

"You know my B##ch of a mother-in-law won't let up. I am sick and tired of her F#t A## talking down to me and about me when I am not around. I work hard, am a great provider, loving father, have always been respectful to my wife's family, but the $@#$ won't lay off. She always has to have the last word or somehow embarrass me. I have asked my wife to deal with the issue, by she never speaks up or stands up for me.

You know what she did last week at Christmas? I just added an addition on the house with a family room and 2 bedrooms above. I did this in between all the other construction jobs I have going on, so now we have a 4 bedroom house that I am proud of because it is completely paid for. Anyhow, the Bi##h has the nuts, to take me aside, and to tell me that if I needed more money for a bigger addition I should have come to ask them for more money."

Tony is almost screaming at this point. And telling us that this is the end of it and he was going to confront his mother-in-law, but we all knew he was just venting and it would never happen. Tony was a stand up guy and just needed us to vent to.

The conversation went on for about another 20 minutes of so, well until I got a cell phone call from Tony's wife. She said to me in a crying voice, "is Tony there John? I said sure hang on, is everything alright?" She said, "yes I just need to speak to him now. Ok, hang on here he is." "Tony, it's your wife"

Tony look puzzled and wondered why she called my cell. "Hey Hon, is everything alright?" Silence was on the phone, she said "yes, well actually no. You know when you called to leave me a message at my moms?"

Tony answered, "Yes hon, why?"

She said, "well you never hit the end button on your cell phone and my parents answering machine was on the whole time, everyone heard everything."

I don't think I ever saw someone turn white and then green before, but that night Tony did.

[edit on 14-11-2009 by Realtruth]

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   
ok, here is one of my many embarrasing moments.

I was in the car with my husband, I had just met him a couple of weeks before. We still had an hours drive ahead of us and I really needed to pee. Ofcourse, no gas station in sight for miles.
I asked hubby to just pull over at the side of the road because I could no longer keep it up.
So he parks the car next to 3 small bushes, even with the cardoor blocking the sight from the front, it hardly kept me out of sight from the other drivers... I didn't really care at the time so I just did my thing.
The moment I sat there, pants down, hubby starts up the car and drives forwarth a couple of meters.
There I was, visible for everyone who drove by.

Hubby said he saw a better parking space and didn't think further. You can't imagine just how angy I was at him.

[edit on 15/11/2009 by GypsK]

<< 1  2   >>

join