It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the most embarrassing thing you've ever done?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I was sittin' down today reminiscing about all the really stupid things I've done in my life when I thought 'Hey! If I make a thread about this, I'll have dirt on everyone!'

Honestly, for me the most embarrassing thing I've ever done was... I'll put in a disclaimer here... I was about 8 when this happened...and very overweight...

When my grandfather had the flu, me and my brother were not able to go to his house (the flu was very bad) so we had to go to daycare for a few weeks, early in the morning and after school until my parents got off work.

So, one day I got hungry...and walked up to their pantry and stuffed my face, just as the lady we were staying with walked in the room, I'm not sure what was more embarrassing, her catching the little fat me eating her food or the fact that she said (loudly) 'That is our food, not yours'

Just writing this here makes me feel stupid...thank god I know none of you personally...

Roswell.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by roswell1

Yes bro I would'nt be posting on this if it was'nt!
Here goes with 2 of many-
1) my bra coming off on the big one in blackpool---goddam that G-force.

2)skirt tucked in knickers on way home from school once.I would'nt mind but I'd walked about a mile before a guy on a pushbike told me!

will add more later .Gotta go out now.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   
oh I just know I'll regret this...
getting so drunk that I could not remember what I did the night before..and if there wasn't multiple witnesses and photographic evidence, I still wouldn't believe it.
And that's the only details I'll post.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Meant to put "if it was'nt anonymous" on the last post----it's been a long day already!
Here's another before I go
Parking up in Harrogate town centre on a saturday----the busiest day of course--out the car we go ,foot caught in seat belt and voila there I am flat out in the road. Let's get this straight Harrogate is a very upmarket place. Image is everything!

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
oh I just know I'll regret this...
getting so drunk that I could not remember what I did the night before..and if there wasn't multiple witnesses and photographic evidence, I still wouldn't believe it.
And that's the only details I'll post.

No way girl are you gettin away with that!
Spill the beans now!

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I'm not telling. And no amount of vodka will make me spill on a public forum.

And I am sure there are some more in my future unfortunately.

But I will be back to read others.

And if any friends here know any you better not tell... I know where you live.

[edit on 4/22/2009 by Blogstalker]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
An embarrassing moment for me was also sweet revenge at the same time.

I was in a corner store,I asked for a pack of batteries and pulled out my money and took a bill.
He turns around as I am putting the rest of the money back in my pocket and thinks I stole something.
I got really offended and pissed off all at the same time.
He asks to search my pockets....in my rage I took off all my clothes and threw them at him while he begs me to put them back on...customers are walking in the door.
I insisted he search my pockets like he wanted to.
It was embarrassing but felt good to put him in his place.
I put my clothes on and left.Everytime I went back there we always had a little chuckle at it all.
Him trying to not let his customers see it and me standing there naked in front of a bunch of strangers.
He never did that again.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
One time I was taking the city bus. When I got on the bus I was putting my change in the change machine. As I was putting my change in the coins get jammed in it. Their I am standing there, holding up the line, trying to get the coins unjammed. It's not unjamming, there stuck in there good. The buss driver asks me to go sit down and he'll unjam it later.

[edit: because]

[edit on 22-4-2009 by The_Truth_Seeker]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
If anyone knows me then you know my life is full of embarrassing situations....

I would say falling out of a 21 foot window then walking home in my pjays on a broken foot and had to go through a busy train station.....

Falling off the stage while performing, and I fell off to the side landed on the floor and no one could see me but could still hear me still singing my part of the song.... ha ha !

habbit of falling off and out of things.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I’m not really a bashful person so I can’t really think of anything at the moment must soul search hard for a reply here. I have one where I guess I should have been embarrassed. At my birthday party the year before last someone pants me in my swim shorts. Let’s just say I was standing their with a smile and a solo cup.

Okay thought of one that did embarrass me. I got a little sauced one night. I was told that I um got a handful of every woman in the bar. Needles to say the next night there was a lot of apologizing.

[edit on 22-4-2009 by Ant4AU]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   

I once had to do a presentation in front of a group of CEO's at a very famous company.

I decided to use the ladies room before heading out, and did the toilet paper stuck on the shoe routine.

I didn't even notice until I was finished, but did notice that I got everyone's undivided attention!

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
You win so far!
Fallin' out of the 21 foot window will take some beating bro and broken foot as well in pyjamas etc-----awesome embarassment factor.
But hey you survived it, you live to tell the tale.
Maybe you're invincible?

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
It's time for me to confess too...

Some years ago I was having perhaps the most fun vacation I have ever had. Me and some friends were partying around the clock at Mykonos, THE party island in Greece. (Not recommended for homofobics, though.)

Well, coming back to the hotel one day well after dawn we discovered that a water pipe had sprung leak in our floor, so we had to be moved to another hotel. When we got there, I was still NOT sober... The hotel owner wanted us to register in his guest book, so we did.

The guest book had a coloumn for the date, and I asked one of my other not so sober friends which day it was. She informed me that she was not sure. But she thought that it had been July 31 the day before...

OK, I said, and did the math. The hotel owner looked at what I had written, and I wondered why he was smiling so much.

I got the answer when I woke up late in the afternoon, with a serious hangover. The hotel owner still smiled a lot when I got down to eat breakfast (early dinner), and he went and got the guest book. Then he showed me what I had written.

There it stood. "July 32".
:shk:

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   
AD, you're not getting out of this, I shall pester you at every chance!

I thought of another one...

I was 9, and me and my bro were riding down the street, as we crossed the road, my bro jumped the curb on his bike onto the other footpath. Well, thinking I was cool, I tried to do it myself. The group of girls giggling and asking me if I was OK was almost enough to make me cry from embarrassment.

In case you're wondering, my Bro took one look back at me on the ground and kept on riding like he didn't know me...

Roswell.

[edit on 23/4/2009 by roswell1]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Ok, this is fabulous, I've never had a thread make me chuckle so much before....
C'mon, what would life be without everybody's embarrassing moments, right? lol

I embarrass myself daily, I say too much too fast, I am immensely clumsy and far....TOO natural, if anyone understands what I mean; Well, I guess what that means is I am completely detached from social politics of any sort, anywhere, never catch on, and can be terribly detached from people specifically, when they are expecting a lot more or a lot different a sort of interaction....I just go along with whatever sh*t happens to pop into my head...
Stuff like this,. So I can't really chose the most embarrassing moment, it's terribly hard, I can only say that really... lol....I mean, if basically your whole life is that, then what else would one expect

You stop caring too much what anyone else thinks in no time, which IS liberating, on the upside.

So the one that stands out in my mind only because I find it particularly entertaining when I think of it, is the first time I ever got drunk.
I was so drunk to start with that when the individuals around me encouraged me to drink some straight whiskey out of the bottle, and I foolishly chose to go along with it, I was far too uncoordinated and ended up pouring the stuff into my eye.
This was a bush party along side a river with incredibly steep banks that were almost a straight drop from top to bottom (the river)
I suddenly didn't care a bit about that detail, and determined to access the water to get the stinging alcohol out of my eye, I basically flung myself over and in.....and of course not knowing how coherent and coordinated I was, several people decided it was necessary to dive in after me to save me....
Arrghh.........

It's not the worst thing, but....somehow I remembered it all, and it amuses me, at the very least lol

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Only a very minor one this time, certainly after some of the howlers here--
Gone to the flicks to see "SPEED". Audience was real quiet cos everyone was engrossed in it.
Then it got to the bit where Jeff Daniels enters the house and gets blown up.Serious stuff.
Then it started out of nowhere--a fit of uncontrollable giggles.It just would'nt stop.It was'nt even FUNNY!! Never happened since thank god.
And at the time I was out with a new boyfriend-----how uncool.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
In high school I had a crush on another student. It took me almost two years to gather the courage to ask him out. To this day, he remains the only person I've ever made the 'first move' on and this is why:

After planning every move, having practice conversations, trying to come up with the perfect time to approach him, I finally decided to go for it. It was lunch time in the courtyard so there were a couple of hundred other students around but he had just finished his lunch and was alone in the corner of the courtyard. Right as I was walking up to him, I lost traction on my shoes, slid down a little asphalt mini-ramp and landed into one of the huge metal trashcans in the courtyard.

The crashing metal and me flying into it was SO LOUD everyone froze to see what the commotion was and it felt like time stood still. To make matters worse, I burst out crying like a little baby in front of everyone and my best friend rushed over to get me out of everyone's sight and to help clean me up since I was covered in garbage. Then to comfort me, she cut class with me the rest of the day.

It was so traumatic that I never again attempted to ask someone out.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

OMG that is sooo embarassing especially after all that prep as well!
I fell backwards once down a fire escape in a nightclub. Luckily only my friend saw me and amazingly I held on to a glass of coke and only spilled half whilst on my back!
My that was a good night.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I thought I was clumsy. I can barely walk straight. But man we have some highly gravitanally challenged people here.
I am glad I am not alone. I feel like a piece of the whole now.

Disclaimer: This statement was mad purely in jest not making fun of anyone.

[edit on 23-4-2009 by Ant4AU]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Damn Ashley, It's stories like yours that keep me single!

I can't think of many more majorly embarrassing things, there are a lot of instances where I've been watching something while walking, then run into someone/something...

I also miss steps while going up stairs a lot...

Hmmmm.......

I'll post any repressed memories as they come to me...

Roswell.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join