It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gates may recommend new 'Cyber Command'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Gates may recommend new 'Cyber Command'

www.msnbc.msn.com

While no final decisions have been made, Defense Secretary Robert Gates is expected to recommend the creation of a new military command to face the growing threat from cyber warfare, a senior U.S. official told NBC News on Tuesday.

According to the official, the program would not be on the level of a separate combatant command. Instead, the likely recommendation would be to create a "sub-unified command" that would focus entirely on combating cyber warfare but exist under the current Strategic Command.

A senior Pentagon official revealed that cyber attacks against military computer net
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
well i guess this will be one of the excuses they use to bring about internet2, i wonder if i will still be able to view ATS.

This on top of the pirate bay loss really makes me fear for my beloved internet, i know the powers that be want it to be monitored and boring like the rest of the MSM.

Hopefully nothing comes of this, but I'm sure it will come sooner or later.

oh internet, how i loved thee.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Yay!

Now if we can just contract Cyberdyne and build Skynet to manage cyber security and our unmanned drones like the Hunter Killer tactical UCAVs.

On a side note:
Whats real scary is the USAF Hunter Killer program is actually real.

so maybe we can make skynet real too!

No fate but what we make.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   
it will become self sentient,aquire a taste for domination as its boolean mind somehow translates lifes actions as some kind of quest for domination when infact primitive bio life is inherantly disfunction and no standard to aim for or to wire your transistors around, and than attempt to take over every ant hill in sight as it cant fight anything bigger than that.

yesterday i looked at an ant and had no desire to conquer or enslave it....i feel like an outcast on this merry planet.

i ended up feeding it for i realised one gets nowhere by conquering ants....the environmentalist will always get ya in the end no matter how much you whine and rage.

so the most logical thing to do is feed the environmentalists by feeding ants....therby you bypass the need for conquering to gain power,you are just given it without the hassle.

not boolean enough for ya self esteem?

i think its all about its ego...i do believe that ant had not the ego problems to try to conquer me,it was smarter.

[edit on 22-4-2009 by welivefortheson]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by welivefortheson
it will become self sentient,aquire a taste for domination as its boolean mind somehow translates lifes actions as some kind of quest for domination when infact primitive bio life is inherantly disfunction and no standard to aim for or to wire your transistors around, and than attempt to take over every ant hill in sight as it cant fight anything bigger than that.

yesterday i looked at an ant and had no desire to conquer or enslave it....i feel like an outcast on this merry planet.

i ended up feeding it for i realised one gets nowhere by conquering ants....the environmentalist will always get ya in the end no matter how much you whine and rage.

so the most logical thing to do is feed the environmentalists by feeding ants....therby you bypass the need for conquering to gain power,you are just given it without the hassle.

not boolean enough for ya self esteem?

i think its all about its ego...i do believe that ant had not the ego problems to try to conquer me,it was smarter.

[edit on 22-4-2009 by welivefortheson]

hmmmmmmm what?

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
S&F. I don't know if its just me but the whole internet censorship subject just, well, pisses me off.

And all my friends say I'm paranoid!
You can have my internet when you pry it from my cold dead fingers!

Seriously though I really think the whole cyber warfare excuses might lead to me not being able to use the most resourceful thing on the entire planet, the internet!

By taking away our most wonderful means of information is another way to enslave us from knowing the truth. But I think they know that. Now they will probably start putting in clauses for the definition of cyber warfare and cyber terrorism so they will have a reason to use this. Download and music lately? Slap the label of cyber terrorist on yourself! It will probably come to this someday.

[edit on 22-4-2009 by N3krostatic]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by N3krostatic
S&F. I don't know if its just me but the whole internet censorship subject just, well, pisses me off.

And all my friends say I'm paranoid!
You can have my internet when you pry it from my cold dead fingers!

Seriously though I really think the whole cyber warfare excuses might lead to me not being able to use the most resourceful thing on the entire planet, the internet!

By taking away our most wonderful means of information is another way to enslave us from knowing the truth. But I think they know that. Now they will probably start putting in clauses for the definition of cyber warfare and cyber terrorism so they will have a reason to use this. Download and music lately? Slap the label of cyber terrorist on yourself! It will probably come to this someday.

[edit on 22-4-2009 by N3krostatic]

you and me are on the same page, i couldn't agree more, and people tell me im crazy when i bring it up to, then i send them news articles, videos, and links to the laws that are being passed that make it all possible... they don't think im so crazy after that.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I'd work there.

I'd love a job like that. Just messing with computers all day, poking and prodding and stuff. Imagine the things you could learn. The skills you'd walk away with. You'd learn IT security knowledge that would carry over into the civilian world and be worth a fortune.

*sigh*

I'm probably not smart enough.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattifikation
I'd work there.

I'd love a job like that. Just messing with computers all day, poking and prodding and stuff. Imagine the things you could learn. The skills you'd walk away with. You'd learn IT security knowledge that would carry over into the civilian world and be worth a fortune.

*sigh*

I'm probably not smart enough.

yeah i bet it pays really good to, (it being a government job and all) sign me up! lol

new topics

top topics

join