It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs, ETs, End of the World...all going Mainstream!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I just got out of the cinema watching Knowing....Meanwhite, Monsters vs. Aliens and Race to Witch Mountain are still showing.
Also on the way is the 2012 movie...and recently just passed is the remake of The Day The Earth Stood Still.

Bigtime Hollywood movies are the epitome of all that is mainstream in westernized society - does this mean that UFOs, ETs, and the End of the World is a completely mainstream topic now?? Or have script writers just been cruising ATS for ideas??

It could be a little bit of both but UFOs on CNN and even all those Superbowl ads are a clear sign of the times. I also just recently saw Nazi UFO Conspiracy aired on the Discovery Channel too!

Public exposure to UFO and ET phenomenon is growing very quickly; public exposure to the idea that the earth could end is also growing. I tried to do a GoogleTrends graph to show this but the results were a bit too skewed from the upcoming 2012 Olympics. (searching on 2012).

I don't really know if this is just a repeating cycle of society's infatuation with UFO phenomenon...or it is just MSM pushing a subject and cashing in on the current times.
I often see the world as one big popularity contest - these movie production houses, TV channels, and even CNN all have to compete in a global market....and by pushing and embracing the popularity of UFO phenomenon they are merely providing the mainstream public with what they want and making their products more popular and thus profitable.

Where will it go next?

Some people say it could be part of a Disclosure Preparation, along with Subtle online mini-polls.
If that is true, it will be unfortunate for the ETs if we should ever meet any - the mainstream brains will be conditioned to imagining ETs in these many creative ways designed by humans and we will not be able to properly accept them for who\what they are.

On another side of that argument, you can say that it is better to think about knowing something (even though it may be false or inaccurate) about ETs rather than knowing nothing at all - it is natural instinct for humans to fear the unknown, so by knowing something, that fear is reduced.

Wherever it goes, I'm sure we'll hear it here first on ATS

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Very interesting notion indeed though I think all of us at ATS have noticed the dramatically increased activity in the media regarding UFOs and whatnot.

but I like your compilation of all these subtle hints basically put forth in the past year. It does really seem that this "awakening" is happening, well at least I hope so.
Especially with all this speculation on the Obama administration disclosing key info.

Star fo you!

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by zetamafia911
Very interesting notion indeed though I think all of us at ATS have noticed the dramatically increased activity in the media regarding UFOs and whatnot.

but I like your compilation of all these subtle hints basically put forth in the past year. It does really seem that this "awakening" is happening, well at least I hope so.
Especially with all this speculation on the Obama administration disclosing key info.

Star fo you!

Not only the Obama admin. Canada got the world all abuzz 6 weeks ago when they released the full monty. And last week it was a European country (France? Sorry I don't recall), which brings the total number of countries now to about 10. And all within a few short months of each other. What's up with all this?

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Albertarocks

All I can say really is that we live in very interesting times.
who the hell really knows how life will be (provided it still exists) 25 years from now.

I'm still hoping for my faster than light trip to another star system, but I can't hold my breath for that one quite yet.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Albertarocks

Oh yeah, cheers - should a mentioned the recent countries coming forward with declassified documents, though I didnt see that much media coverage of it. BTW - it was Denmark the other European country that joined in opening up their files.

If there is something in the works - this is a very interesting way of going about it.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
To be honest, I see the popularity of UFO's in the MSM/Hollywood as a market trend only. It's what's cool for the kids 'now'. It fuels their imaginations and it's a sure fire money earner. Just like Dinosaurs did in the 90's.

The same trends are applicable to 2012... but hey.. let's see how popular that is come Dec 24th 2012. Embarrassment is never a popular thing.

IRM

[edit on 22/4/09 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
the worlds not going to end,somethings artificial reality is going be somewhat "controlled" and its going to lash out in desperation by pretending were all going to die when in reality only it will.

if the world does end the sun will always shine on and brighten your days,dont worry its always there for you and well all just move next door a bit closer to it,good old venus with her luxurious overcoat,i wonder whats underneath,hilled and caved i expect.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
They will soon have to admit to aliens and ufos, maybe even the existence of the reptilians behind the scenes.

Their time is running out, so it's to their benefit to "apologize" to the people of this world, and work together to live in a perfect harmony with the universe and our brothers from different stars and galaxies.

The skeptics will not have anywhere to run either and will HAVE to face the truth.

Good about time...

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by bobbylove321
They will soon have to admit to aliens and ufos, maybe even the existence of the reptilians behind the scenes.

Reptilians behind the scenes? This belief runs a very close parallel to religion where Jesus and Satan are responsible for all that is good and bad in the world. It's a form of denial that humans cannot be responsible for all the sh*t they create on this planet... it's always someone else's fault huh.

Meh!

Their time is running out, so it's to their benefit to "apologize" to the people of this world, and work together to live in a perfect harmony with the universe and our brothers from different stars and galaxies.

I dunno. Perhaps someone should email them an MP3 of "Ebony & Ivory" by Wonder & McCartney?

The skeptics will not have anywhere to run either and will HAVE to face the truth.

Good about time...

I have a feeling that the truth is a very amorphous thing for you.

[NEXT PLEASE]

IRM

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Agrred that market trends are why the msm are pushing the issue but it does seem strange that in the background there are countries opening up there ufo files.(not disclosure by any means & only releasing what they cant be called upon )
Interesting times these and only time will tell i suppose but i wish they would hurry up and make up there minds as the suspense is killing me

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   

does this mean that UFOs, ETs, and the End of the World is a completely mainstream topic now??

Has it ever not been mainstream? In my lifetime, I'm 35, those subjects have been part of mainstream entertainment. The first movie I went to the cinema to see was ET. The first book I read which got me into the whole conspiracy buffet was "Chariot of the Gods". "The Late Great Planet Earth" was a bestseller in the 70s.

I can name dozen of movies, books and TV stuff that utilizes those themes going back 30 years.

I don't think it's new. I don't think it's a prelude to disclosure. I don't even really know what disclosure would mean, because frankly I don't know what it is that "they" know.

I liked The Knowing, a simliar though a bit more upbeat story line to "The Forge of God" by Greg Bear - One of my favorite End of the World via Aliens books.

top topics

join