It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super Bowl Alien Ads?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Has anyone noticed the amount of 'out of this world' themes in Super Bowl ads today? I haven't even been paying attention and I've seen about five commercials referring to the subject.

Hulu and Bridgestone, for some odd reason had spacey ads.
Transformers 2
The Monsters Vs. Aliens 3-D ads.

Maybe I just happened to catch the only spacey ads of the whole thing...

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Heroes and GI Joe rise of Cobra have NWO themes.

Also I've been seeing number patterns as well through out the game.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I didn't see the hulu and bridgestone but of course transformers 2 and monsters vs aliens are going to be spacey since they are sci fi movies

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
There was also that Da Vinci Code sequel, Angels and Demons. They were talking about secret Illuminati conspiracies in that one too.

Ha, I knew that Arquette guy or whatever's advert with him being an alien turning people's brains into mush by watching TV would get this place's attention.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
That Hulu one had me on the floor. That was too funny.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Aliens and space themes are cool and very in vogue. They get the attention of kids and subsequently Gen-X adults. We love that stuff... so it's a useful marketing tool.

Disclosure it is not!

IRM

[edit on 1/2/09 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Disclosure it is not!

Well said IRM.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Oh yeah! There was that one other ad... that Witch Mountain ad with The Rock in it. That is an alien movie as well.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I only watched the end after steelers won. That thing they were standing in with Joe Namath looked like a space-pod.

Probably is just good marketing ideas that appeals to many of all ages as the above poster said.

Having said that though I have noticed the UFO/Aliens theme being in the most unexpected tv shows and commercials.

It's not disclosure by any means, but could be an attempt at slowly causing the subject to be less ridiculed, thus more accepted.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Yeah, there was a lot of alien-based commercials. But maybe they just wanted to do that from all the conspiracy on the subject. I mean, there are people questioning the Works of Art, like The Last Supper, like in "Angels and Demons"(Movie looked cooler in the poster than the trailer, I think). But, still, you've got to love the Super Bowl, whether the commercials have those things or not, I guess.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by beebs

Hey everyone,

I am a long time reader and new brand new official member to these forums and actually this same observation here made me want to go ahead and update from casual reader to posting.

I have been reading threads the past few months about desensitizing the public to the concept of aliens and couldn't help but scratch my head in puzzlement as I saw the multiple ads which seemed to be on topic with those.

Coincidence? Maybe.. But seeing as this is a website devoted to the possibility of such acts taking place I can't rule out the chances of so.

Kudos to the OP! _javascript:icon('
')

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by beebs

not just at the super bowl
I took the kids to see the movie Bolt and the 4 kid trailers they showed before the movie all had alien references,
I have been saying things like this to my wife for a few years and she always just brushes it off.
I just looked over at the wife and after each reference I kept repeating to her
"this is just to get the kids used to the idea"

Oh! even the movie we saw had a small reference to aliens as well.
for that matter so did space chimps .

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

Disclosure it is not!

IRM

Nobody ever said it was....

And I don't need "them" to tell there's aliens to know that there is.

[edit on 1-2-2009 by Shawn B.]

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Aliens are an important demographic these days. Of course they appreciate things that portray them in a kind and sensitive light...it dispels a lot of stereotypes about them.

I think we all feel that way really.

I mean, yeah - I'm sure they watched the game tonight. Didn't you?

[edit on 2/2/09 by GENERAL EYES]

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Super Bowl Ads

Just for visual reference to turn your brain into a mushy ripe banana-like substance.

Its a shame they didnt do any visual effects with his face to make him a reptilian shapeshifter.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by beebs

Yeah I noticed. Little strange even for them.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Here is something you guys missed.

img178.imageshack.us...

img517.imageshack.us...

Also check out Anonymous Rex
Staring Daniel Baldwin

PLOT
Anonymous Rex (2004) (TV) More at IMDbPro »
advertisement

The dinosaurs didn't go completely extinct when the asteroids hit 65 million years ago. Today, every ten thousandth person in the country is a dinosaur, evolved to be human-sized, wearing sophisticated solid-light holographic disguises to maintain the facade, getting stoned off regular cooking herbs like basil, rosemary and tarragon, and living by their own shadow government's laws; any human who stumbles upon them is to be immediately executed. Two dino private investigators, velociraptor Vincent Rubio and triceratops Ernie Watson, are hired by one of Ernie's old girlfriends to find out why her younger brother committed suicide, and discover a dino cult called Voice Of Progress that wants dinokind to come out of the closet and reclaim the planet.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
This one right here was my all time favorite. When I saw it i laughed and thought to myself.... dam this is like the fifth Alien/ET or Space add. Then I proceeded to have a beer and enjoy the rest of the evening.

top topics

join