It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eye Witness UFO Fleet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
This post is about a fleet of UFO's I saw high in the sky, or what appeared to be:

Please note, I am using UFO to describe unidentified flying objects; not aliens.

It was a rather clear day, except for the cirrus and cumulus clouds that one would expect in the early fall. I was at the beach with my brother as I was on leave, which is when I looked at the sky for no reason at all. What I saw appeared to be white dots, about the size of pepper corns. These objects were moving rather slowly...I watched them for about 30 seconds before telling my brother what was up there. There were definitely more then 30, which is what I counted before it sunk into my head. When I pointed to that area, they were gone: they re-appeared about a minute later in a farther left locale (to demonstrate the distance, all I can say is I had too look closely this time, scanning the sky).

I have logged many, many hours in the air, and have never witnessed anything like this during my runs.

This was around 11 am. the only logical answer I can find is debris floating in space - but these were very symmetrical. Furthermore, Debris would be in geo-synchronies orbit, and would not change location. You could also argue that the cloud positions changed, but the objects were not affixed over a certain land-mark so that is out of the question as well.

I do not have any hard proof, nor am I asking for your acceptance or denial of this phenomenom. What I am asking for is any theories, and if this has been seen in the past.

Thank you gentleman,
I look forward to hearing your idea's.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by mx3209212

Bravo for sticking to the definition of UFO in the ligh of insufficient information.

If I may ask, did you have a measure to judge distance by? Great distance causes fast objects to appear to move slowly from the viewer perspective. Is it possible that the objects you saw were very, very high in the atmosphere?

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Are you sure it wasn't a group of migrating birds of some kind?

I've seen some of these "UFO fleet" videos and the white objects look very much like a flock of birds flying at a high altitude.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
They were definitely up there at at least 60K feet. I know for a fact they were not birds: There is no bird-species known to man (but then again, are UFO's) that flies in a flock at 60K feet. If you need any other information for you to draw a conclusion, just ask me. About twice before I encountered what appeared to be some sort of spy plane, and another time who knows: this was when I was flying. Again, I have never witnessed anything of this caliber before.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
The measure, yes, a 747 at cruising altitude moving across as well as small light aircraft under 10k feet.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Oh you probably saw a group with Orbs, as they are called. They have become quite common and they often travel in groups in the way as you described them.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Do we know anything more about the orbs? They seem so simple, compared to what else is said to be out there.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   

As the post above says, they are probably ufo orbs. Thde tactic of disappearing (from our type of limited vision) then reappearing in another area of the sky is typical behaviour. The height you report would make these lights enormous, while a standard type white ufo orb is basketball sized, could they have been much closer?

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   

"They were definitely up there at at least 60K feet. "

Did you use radar or laser range finding equipment for that?

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
They were not basketball - more ping pong ball sized - but then again, what is in a size when these objects were high up. In terms of you questioning my judgment in distance, what is your point? I told you what I used for reference, a 747 at cruising altitude, and these were WAY above it. Mind you, a 747 cruises around 38k feet. Yeah, I have an old laser range finder from my days in Gov. lying around, but I am not a "UFOologist," nor am I a hunter so I really dont carry one around, waiting for that 1 in a billion chance

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   

they could have been any number of things, from government aircraft to alien ufo. i will make no claims as to what they might be, because i wast there.

Could you descripe the pattern in which they were flying?

also i have a suggestion. i got from your post that you are a pilot? is that right. i know you said you are no expert on ufo's neither am i but i do carry a camera with me every where i go. i have never seen a ufo, but when and if i do i want to be ready. I think if you dont already have a good one get one. i use a 12mega pexel Nikon and an 8gig memory card. Not only does it take great photos but awsome video as well. good luck with finding out what it may be..

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Yeah I have a bunch of photo equipment but I haven't started carrying it around until recently. They were in a standard staggered formation - nothing offensive nor defensive, as if they were going from point A to point B.

I emailed a old friend who still works for a Skunk Works offshoot and lets hope I can get some kind of disclosure. Will keep you informed, but let's keep the theories coming!

Check out my post on the spy plane that I saw, btw.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by mx3209212

Check out my post on the spy plane that I saw, btw.

I have - I actually posted in that thread.

Now how about the photos you promised in the thread you were just pimping in this thread.

I will even ask nicely like I did IN THE PROPER thread - PLEASE

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by mx3209212
They were not basketball - more ping pong ball sized - but then again, what is in a size when these objects were high up. In terms of you questioning my judgment in distance, what is your point? I told you what I used for reference, a 747 at cruising altitude, and these were WAY above it. Mind you, a 747 cruises around 38k feet. Yeah, I have an old laser range finder from my days in Gov. lying around, but I am not a "UFOologist," nor am I a hunter so I really dont carry one around, waiting for that 1 in a billion chance

I think the point is that you had no point of reference to determine the altitude or the size of the objects you saw. You know how large a 747 is so you can make an educated guess at its altitude. You don't know the size of the objects you saw so you cannot make any reasonable guess at their altitude.

Come to think of it, I'm not even sure if you could see a 747 at 38,000 feet without binoculars.

[edit on 4/24/2009 by Phage]

join