It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spy Plane

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Until about two years ago I worked for an Aeronatical "freight business" - I'll tell you guys this much, our planes only had two seats. my co and I were cruising on one of my runs down South when I noticed a cooky thing on my radar. Up until 35k feet the conditions were IFR, but we were above it. I double checked outside when the Radar went all "wack". I nearly # myself! I checked out my co-pilots window and I saw at about a 70 degree angle a blue-silverish delta-craft no more then 2 miles from our plane. It had four after burners on, with long plumes, no contrails that I could see, and was level. This was not a UFO, but was absolutely some sort of recon-plane. We were in dis-belief. I thought you guys would get a kick out of this one! I snapped a few shots from the camera: I'll try to get these up but mind I am in the process of moving.

In terms of following up on it, we contacted the FBO since we were still in the vicinity: we were instructed to follow it until our ceiling was hit, which is what we gladly tried. We could not keep up with it as you can imagine, and within 50 seconds we were instructed to "wave off"

What is this craft known as in the conspiracy world?

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
post the pictures now!

Seriously, you shouldnt have mentioned having pictures and not being able to post them! You should have just left that bit out....

Sounds like another unsubstantiated story, and we eventually get some blurred pictures at the end!

Nice story though!!

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Pics please - PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

I know you are in the process of "moving" however you took the time to register an account and compose this story while "moving" but you cant upload some pics?

You know it probably took longer to complete the registration process than it would to upload some pics.

Also since you refer to the "co" ( co pilot ) and not "C.O." ( commanding officer ) then I must assume that you are ( were ) the captain. What ratings do you hold ( just curious ) and where did you train?

One of your "runs" down south - WHERE down south?

Please post a little more information so we can ( to quote you ) get a little more of a "kick" out of this.

PLEASE DONT LET THIS BE A ONE POST AND DONE GET YOURSELF BANNED KIND OF POST - I NEED INFO ( I guess we would al like that right? )

Something about the terminology you are using doesn't "feel" right here - I hope it is just me.

Dorian Soran

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
No problem gents. I understand. Yeah, I will pull out my hard drives and get it too you ASAP - I promise, hold me to it, and of course, do not believe me until I show them.

Adressing the good questions:

"CO" - yes, Co-Pilot, I was in charge.

"south, WHERE" - This was either in Yemen', or Oman: Southern M.E.

"Ratings" - FAA ATP
-6 years ANG, straight after College

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Come on mate, I saw you on your intro thread... If you're not from across the pond then I'm from Thailand! I don't know, you just don't write like an American... too proper. (That's a compliment from an American)

Not to mention I'm having a bit of trouble with some continuity here, for example:

You never state general heading, yet you state that conditions were VRF above 35K, but don't give a very precise altimeter for your ship.

You state that after your radar going on the blink (could be active ECM, but why advertise a recon bird's presence in the area like this?- a side issue itself) you checked out the CO's window. The "mystery" aircraft appears at 70 degrees... Your words!

You never identify the vector of the "bogey", nor it's apparent heading. Did you divert course to give chase?

Here's why I'm fairly certain you're not a pilot, nor have likely ever sat in a cockpit while in flight. In my experience, a pilot would have given not only a general altitude, but heading, speed, target heading/speed(guess), time of initial contact, visibility, etc.

Pilots are professionals. Their lives depend on details.

You need to do a bit of homework friend. This is how we pick things apart here, and why this is the best site of it's kind on the web.

Can't wait to see the pics.

Edit: can't spell

[edit on 22/4/09 by cbianchi513]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Here's why I'm fairly certain you're not a pilot, nor have likely never sat in a cockpit while in flight. In my experience, a pilot would have given not only a general altitude, but heading, speed, target heading/speed(guess), time of initial contact, visibility, etc.

I agree with you on this. Aviators are trained observers and notice these things and are quick to point out as much info as possible in relation to another aircraft especially if you were to file a HATR. You do know what a HATR is right? But then again you may be just dumbing down your info so it is easier to understand because aviation lingo can be downright confusing for instance 35k feet is Flight level 350 but you knew this already. Either way We all here would love to see these pics as soon as possible, as with time your credibility will degrade the more you backpeddle and dont post the pics.

Welcome to ATS and have a great day!

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I posted something before you, and it did not show up. Why is this?

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I'm with the two of you.

I would think that a pilot would know that an FBO is a Fixed Base Operator (the guys who sell the fuel and whatnot; a service center) and wouldn't have said, "...we contacted the FBO since we were still in the vicinity..." The FBO wouldn't have given any flight instructions, especially if they were climbing to FL350. They would, on the other hand, likely be conversing with ARTCC. But, a commercial pilot isn't likely to confuse the two.

Also, the commercial (scheduled and charter) pilots I know who fly with "radar" don't call it "radar." They call it TCAS. Traffic Collision Avoidance System. Well trained pilots also don't "double check outside" when the "radar" goes all "wack." Their heads are on swivels and they have established scan patterns for airspace and instruments. Interestingly enough, and as an aside, flight simulator pilots, when they get in a real cockpit, tend to fixate on the panel instead of looking outside.

Pilots and ATC also tend to refer to direction in terms of a clock face. "Speedbird 323, traffic at your two o'clock, twenty thousand feet, three miles." "Roger, Center, traffic in sight at two o'clock, Speedbird 323." Degrees aren't typically used.

As a matter of logic, the OP states that the unidentified craft was level, but then says they were instructed (by the FBO, no less) to follow it to their "ceiling," which they gladly did. That would imply that they were climbing, but that doesn't make sense if the UFO was flying level.

Can't wait for the pictures.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by kreinhard

Bingo... I'm only working on LSA gyro cert., so obviously I'm no pilot myself, but I listen to LiveATC all the time, all over the world. Even a virtual layman who has only a basic knowledge of ATC radio protocol could spot the flags flying up here.

I do want to point out that I believe the OP is inferring that he did not work for a commercial freight carrier, hence the parenthesis... There's a bit left to the reader's imagination...

I'm sure we can all guess what "carrier" that would be... (?)

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by kreinhard

There is no tower were I was located. FBO is responsible for rallying the message, they are my base, and other planes in vicinity hear it. Non tower controlled areas have no "rules" pre-se.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I was merely trying to let you people know of something that happened. I care no less what you think, why would I. This is the problem with the internet, why would you trust me, I sure wouldn't. But regardless, thats just my story, I hope it could benefit you all in some way.

TCAS is a completely different system, as opposed to Radar. Radar is used for WX as well as traffic. Were as radar is more linear, TCAS gives us the altitude, and on the great system(S) we can get speed etc.

TCAS is strictly traffic recognition.

I have to commend the poeple responding with these questions and doubts, they are really good. But, then again you are wrong in terms of the TCAS.

Great catch on the quotations.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
2 days and no pictures yet? hmmmm

I re-read the opening post - much like I stated in my first repsonse - things REALLY don't sound correct the second time through.

I hold a private certificate, complex/high performance, IFR. I have flown out of small all the way to LARGE airports - I have flown with and around pilots ranging from age 18 all the way to 80 and never ever ever ever never ever have ANY of those pilots referred to a malfunction as "something going whack"

Now maybe a pilot flying his "cargo transport plane with just 2 seats wink wink" only on Microsoft flight sim would or maybe on a Nintendo DS lite ( do they make flight sim for that platform? haha ) but not in the real world.

Next time contact "flight following" instead of the FBO ( wink wink ) - at least you will have a radar printout available for the investigation.

No offense - just a pretty strong claim - "I HAVE PICTURES" and then we get "BUT I CANT UPLOAD THEM NOW" We have seen this WAY too many times. Please post the pictures.

Dorian Soran

[edit on 22-4-2009 by Dorian Soran]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by mx3209212

I'm the last guy that wants to bust your stones... It just kinda sounds fishy, ya know? I want to see pics, regardless... call me a doubting thomas if you will, but a really curious one.

quotations... yeah, like I said, I'm just a dumb jarhead... But I know shop talk when I see it.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
"Flight following" has nothing to do with the situation I was in. We had control of the area it was a grass strip, almost. Call "flight following" in Yemen or Oman and you tell me what they think: they will get some old rusty SU's or Migs up there. I contact one person, and one person only when up there.

Lets call it a "FBO"

People, it is a spy plane, who gives a damn...it is not some ET mother-ship. Oh, PS, you have all been on the Aurora for what, 10 years now? Hello! Obviously there is new stuff...sheesh.

Pics are promised. I told you that. Stop asking.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
BIANCHINI please send me a PM I have no idea how to do it on this forum - I see you were in the Corp, good man.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by mx3209212

Sweet. Somebody go get Zaphod58... We're going to have a shiny new bird to look at!

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by mx3209212
"Flight following" has nothing to do with the situation I was in. We had control of the area it was a grass strip, almost. Call "flight following" in Yemen or Oman and you tell me what they think: they will get some old rusty SU's or Migs up there. I contact one person, and one person only when up there.

Lets call it a "FBO"

People, it is a spy plane, who gives a damn...it is not some ET mother-ship. Oh, PS, you have all been on the Aurora for what, 10 years now? Hello! Obviously there is new stuff...sheesh.

Pics are promised. I told you that. Stop asking.

Sitting president Carter about got fired for inferring that Stelf might be on the shelf when we have fully functional squadrons.

We forget Ronald Ragen spilled the beans & actually showed a space plane & star wars durring his presidency.

I know that the space plane was around in the late 70's.
It lands in the western USA.

I keep asking myself why are they still useing the Space Shuttle.
Why are they still useing the blackbird.
B52.

Is is just cheaper to kill a few astronauts & Airmen than to bring it out to the public. If it was ligth blue it sounds like the space plane.....

1 10101010

Without Wax --- Watcher

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Thats too cryptic for my taste. What are you implying?

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by mx3209212
Up until 35k feet the conditions were IFR, but we were above it. I double checked outside when the Radar went all "wack". I nearly # myself! I checked out my co-pilots window and I saw at about a 70 degree angle a blue-silverish delta-craft no more then 2 miles from our plane. It had four after burners on, with long plumes, no contrails that I could see, and was level. This was not a UFO, but was absolutely some sort of recon-plane. We were in dis-belief.----

We could not keep up with it as you can imagine, and within 50 seconds we were instructed to "wave off"

What is this craft known as in the conspiracy world?

I take it "70 degee's"; was pitch?
I still say space plane enroute to 660...

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Whats the hold up here?
Im getting ready to call BS on this.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join