It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biocentrism: A New Theory of the Universe

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by RogerT
Errm, new?

Wise dudes have been telling us this kind of stuff for aeons!

Errm, dude! I think I said that already but you got the starred post!

It's heartening to see small pockets of the 'scientific community' making an effort to get with the program though.

I don't know what program there is to 'get with'. I'm willing to state that I think they've been 'with it' at least secretly for quite some time-- at least the most revolutionary minds.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

Sorry bro', was too lazy to read every post, just fired that one off when I saw the title.

Agree with you, and would have starred your other post if I'd seen it.

ciao for now.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by RogerT
reply to post by EnlightenUp

Sorry bro', was too lazy to read every post, just fired that one off when I saw the title.

Haha. I wasn't really being too serious on that one.

But for example, Einstein read alchemy books, Newton practiced. Newton did a translation of the Emerald Tablet and as far as I know was the first to propose a Bible Code.

As far as others go, I'm not acquainted with their extracurricular study habits but the best brains all seem to possess a mystical tone at times when they speak.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by platosallegory

But is motion impossible? Or rather, is this analogy proof that the forward motion of time is not a feature of the external world but a projection of something within us? Time is not an absolute reality but an aspect of our consciousness.

Or the projection of the one that imagines it all?

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Aren't we the results of the imagination of god?

It's thoughts

They say there was first the word, but don't we think the thought before the word?

Then the word is the action or beginning of creativity/

" telepathy, psychic ability, OBE and ESP into modern scientific theories. "

You have to have an imagination to be a great scientist and imagine all the possibilities.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

Unless we can make something that can moves faster then all matter can change. That is if you want to travel to the future.

What if there is something beyond time travel or dimensions,

We think with limitations.

If there is a place in the universe where all is one, all time, all action, all encompassed into one point, it would be possible to become one with the universe and behold all that was and every has been, no beginning no end,

We become the universe, but the words lose there meaning.

Think a thought never thought,

is it possible?

Where can your thoughts take you?

believe nothing you thought you knew

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by RogerT

Of course the information is pretty much meaningless without the experience

But everything is the experience, some guru doesn't know anymore then the homeless man on the street.

We are the sum of our experiences.

Sometimes I wonder if a monk sheltered in a monastery has less of an experience with which to see the whole .

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaPoint
For me, these things all validate my faith in God or a supreme being who is consciousness itself, and a first/last cause. I think some of the conclusions drawn in the OP's reference, are false. Reality is real, and while I experience it, I do not create it. I don't make the moon real by looking at it. No, the real reality of reality is upheld by the universal consciousness of the creator, and we are the ones with the good fortune of having been included in that creation, in being given a share in it, as co inheritors. I am like a point or a sphere within a larger sphere, and my consciousness shares something of the eternal consciousness, and therefore, without any loss of integrity, I shall participate in an ever increasing sphere of consciousness, forever, and at the most fundamental level, being here now, we always were part of it. We are a part of God consciousness which creates the world. So I say welcome to the end of time, welcome to the eternal kingdom of light and love, welcome to the kingdom of heaven, if you can forgive as you are forgiven, and not be locked up and locked out within a purely subjective prison of your own making, and which will be unable to reconcile itself to the all when the time comes to rejoin the fold and get your re-assignment.

and we being the conscious of god, how did our Consciousness become separated from God Consciousness?

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
This is a great idea and would revolutionize science if he took the emphasis away from biology and placed it on physics and dropped a space-time model.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
"In biocentrism, space and time are forms of animal sense perception, rather than external physical objects"

With this as the basis of his belief, it does not sound novel. This has already been famously put forward by philosophers.

If I remember correctly, it is Berkeley who argues that to exist is only to be perceived. So if no "perceiver" is perceiving then nothing exists.

What we think of as external objects are only perceptions, which are unable to guarantee the existence of the object. The only thing that exists is the perception of the object, an idea in our mind.

So, from a philosophical view I'm not really seeing that much new here.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

We are the result of a question
in order to get answers one must be able to both

your body is logical your mind is the chaos

You are both

yes and no

You are IT my friend that is the gift of life. to be both for its your job .

Hope that helps

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

and we being the conscious of god, how did our Consciousness become separated from God Consciousness?

I don't think we are.

In quantum physics, your consciousness determines determines quite a few things, but why is a tree to you a tree to me? The way I see it, reality, with all the physics we know and everything included could be God's own conscious projection that we, with our consciousness being a piece of God are all interacting with.

Omega Point, your thinking is more in line with the general idea I have about what things are than anything else I've come across. Great posts.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I think we should be encouraged by the fact that a very major player in the scientific community has come out with this theory.

I don't like that it goes along with what Berkeley said, but I don't think that totally destroys it as a theory.

Remember: On this earth at this time, we don't need the "ultimate truth" about life and the universe. We just need an insightful theory that will move us closer to the truth, and possibly help us get out of some extremely thorny situations.

For me, the most important element in Lanza's theory is the idea that life has something to do with physical reality. This tells us that we aren't forced to just sit back and watch life like spectators at a football game. We are part of this game, and thus we have some ability to control it.

If you want to look at it in terms of causes and effects, then what quality would something need in order for it to cause, or create, something physical, like a photon, or an electron? It would have to be something above, beyond, or outside of the physical realm. And if you accept that idea, then you instantly walk into concepts of "consciousness" or "spirit" or "god." These are the words that we have used to describe that concept of "beyond the physical."

Some assert that the physical universe was "always" here and therefore questions of its origins can be dispensed with. Even if this were true, we would need some concept of cause, because it is manifest that events are caused all the time.

For my money, conscious life is the most obvious theoretical entity to assign cause to, as that gives you a workable game, a possible way to control your own future, and ultimately, the future of the whole game. So as far as I am concerned, any theory that gives conscious life a bigger causative role in the universe is a step forward, regardless of any "logical" arguments that can be thrown against it. I think "logic" should take a back seat to workability, and I think we will see that Lanza's theory will prove more workable than others that treat consciousness only as an effect.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join