It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super Soldier programs?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Hi everybody, I'm completely new to this site and just joined. Anyway, you guys might say that I am crazy or stupid but I thing that when it's all said and done. Technology is making us dumber.

I read somewhere that we only use about 10% of our brains. Imagine what we could be capable If we had access to the other 90%.

With all this new technology we are limiting ourself to the now. Kids in school these days are allowed to use calculators and laptops for everything.

A while back ago I got into it with my son's teacher because she didn't think that her students needed to do their math homework on their own. She told them and encouraged them in class to use calculators.

I'm not saying that my son is dumb but I got really pissed one time that he asked for my help and he didn't have a separate sheet of paper to solve the problem.

Sorry, got a little off track there. But yes, it has to be super obvious that not just our government but every other country is looking at ways to make their soldiers better.

As ignorant as it sounds, if the opportunity showed itself for me to be able to volunteer for some kind of experiment like this I would jump on it in a heartbeat.

I can't even imagine being able to use my "whole" brain.

You guys have a good day and again, just my .02!!!

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Well, I don't know about 'creating' a Super Soldier, as if one wishes to enter into Physical Combat; one naturally improves one's strength, mind, and studies strategy of anticipated enemies. Therre's no potion that'll fix you, and make you greater than. All that crap you see on the news about steroid use is fallacy. Where, they just want hype.

Yes, if you want to fight, then I'd suggest you train, which includes proper diet and excercise. With a very large dose of tactics.

[edit on 5/12/2010 by passingthought]

[edit on 5/12/2010 by passingthought]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
How many of our soldiers in Iraq are drugged?

Why are US soldiers having a lot of problems being reinserted in society after war has ended?

I see a huge problem of drug use in soldiers.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
How many of our soldiers in Iraq are drugged?

Why are US soldiers having a lot of problems being reinserted in society after war has ended?

I see a huge problem of drug use in soldiers.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
The real soldiers for the elite are members of private security corporations like BLACKWATER, TRIPLE CANOPY, and DYNACORP. They use steroids and human growth hormone, but also have developed ROBOTIC EXOSKELETON like in AVATAR and GI JOE that respond to your movements.

See the SARCOS ROBOTiC EXOSKELETON in action and the drawings of future models with body armor.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Why reinvent the wheel, when a "super soldier" program already exists.

These particular "super soldiers" are not only extremely lethal, they are also extremely wise, compassionate, and spiritually realized.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
There are many different programs out there aimed at improving the strength, agility, and intelligence of soldiers and operatives.

It simply depends upon how deep you expect the rabbit-hole to go.

If you want a program that attempted to do something like manipulate human DNA and alter our physiology from development in the womb to birth - then I doubt there has been much research. The closest that could be done to that is gene mapping and research into how we actually develop in the womb (presence of valuable fatty acids crucial to brain development, and how altering chemical balances can manipulate the process).

If you want to look into programs like MKULTRA and others of contentious status, then those indicate a search for heightened human abilities and senses that exist naturally within the population.

Then you can get into various training programs like the SEALs and others. They go from training people how to be aware of their surroundings (and exposing them to a number of factors that impair their judgment so they can be aware of when those factors are influencing them), and work on improving physiological response.

It may not sound like the Halo-series "Spartan" projects - but even a few months of training can cut reaction times in half - often times even less. The Marines will trade kicks and punches in a process known as "bone hardening" - every time you stress your skeletal structure, microscopic cracks appear - which later get rebuilt stronger by your body.

And then you can take the technological end of it - exoskeletons, augmented reality, combat networks, etc. Those are really only in their infancy. While certain exoskeletons have been developed - none of them are really all that viable for combat purposes. They are quite useful in logistics, as it allows a single person to manipulate far larger loads safely and quickly - but their use in combat would be quite small - and even combat-oriented models would be designed to play more of a support role (clearing debris in an urban environment and that sort of thing) rather than a direct combat role.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by seasoul
Why reinvent the wheel, when a "super soldier" program already exists.

These particular "super soldiers" are not only extremely lethal, they are also extremely wise, compassionate, and spiritually realized.

They are also completely irrelevant in a modern combat environment. I have yet to meet anyone who can dodge M855, nor anyone who can protect themselves from an air-dropped cluster-munition.

An unarmed man who can eliminate 18 men, moving so fast as to be untrackable by the mk.1 mod.0 eyeball for an accurate sight picture does not exist. I would have to believe that if such a person were to exist, they would have some sort of pre-cognitive ability which would have allowed them to escape the engagement envelope of the ensuing air-strike. I also question the ability of any surviving unit members to extract themselves to the minimum safe distance from said airstrike with out the unarmed superman being able to close with and destroy them.

People who believe that certain persons are capable, with no training, of besting a highly trained Special Operations soldier, salior, airman or Marine are deluding themselves. It takes a minimum of 3,000 repetitions for a gross motor act to become ingrained and instinctive.

I have never seen any program in which Marines routinely engage in martial arts with the express purpose of hardening their bones through micro-fractures. Though it is a valid practice for a dedicated martial artist, no one in a MEU, Force or Marsoc has that kind of time to dedicate to unarmed fighting techniques when there are much more effective methods available to kill your enemy.

There is a program in the military called The Superman School and its is hosted by the Airforce. It's produces pararescuemen(PJs). It's an informal name.

SEALs are not the end-all-be-all of the Special Operations community, as seems to be the prevailing consensus in this thread. They have a specific mission skill-set in which they excel. When they exceed their mission parameters, they tend to perform poorly. This is not the fault of the individual or the Team as a whole, but rather their command in attempting to have SEALs perform a mission that are neither trained or equipped for. Also, there is no Team 6. If you used the term DevGru, you'd be a little closer to current.

There are no super soldiers. Human warriors are fallible and make mistakes. Combat is dynamic and often surprises you.

The possibility always exists that there is a deep black project that may be experimenting with improving the lethality of soldiers via genetic engineering, eugenics, nanotechnology or robotics/cybernetics but if it did exist, it would be so far removed from the modern battlefield as to be moot.
The simple loss of one of the project's subjects would immediately expose the entire program to the public eye.

My apologies for this being my first post. I registered with the express purpose of posting in the Blackwater thread as I have some degree of experience in the matter, but it seems to be dead and I didn't want my first post to be a necro-resurrection.

Shatner sends.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Clearly no country has 'Super Soldiers' otherwise they would have been used by now to avert terrorist attacks and in countries where British and American soldiers are currently in conflict. I think the concept of 'Super Soldiers' is highly interesting and its likely that they could be made. You only have to watch the film Universal Soldier to guess that. With technology nowadays and the ability that these scientists and the military have I wouldn't be surprised if 'Super Soldiers' aren't churned out pretty soon.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfessorT
Clearly no country has 'Super Soldiers' otherwise they would have been used by now to avert terrorist attacks and in countries where British and American soldiers are currently in conflict.

Uh, soldiers who are highly trained and skilled far beyond the typical soldier HAVE been used to avert terrorist attacks in countries where British and American soldiers are currently in conflict.

They are just not as invincible as in movies.

It's much less dramatic, but success depends on many years of training, skill in planning logistics and equipment, not only individual butt-kicking valor. The last part makes for good drama but the other parts make for victory.

Remember, the most lethal weapon is a radio.
edit on 20-8-2011 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

**disclaimer, of course this is all speculative and unproven. But it makes sense to me!

I think the Military is pursuing a fallen angel approach. Look at the movies being made now, all of the popular ones are all trying to seep out information of the top secret, underground super soldier program. I don't really care though, what is the military trying to prove? Using billions of taxpayer hard working American dollars to build an Ironman suit that can fly and shoot projectiles out of his hand.'

Or Rise of the Planet of the Apes technology, using genetic engineering to create human/animal hybrids to use them for some future wars. Running fast, jumping high, acute hearing and sense perceptions. The Green hornet, Thor, all of this crap they are throwing out at us. These people are all going to hell that is my Christian belief. They aren't helping the better part of mankind by building super soldiers. And they are probably killing many of these guinea pigs (human beings) who are volunteering to have things injected into them or genetically modified; or they don't meet the expectations of the program and so they are killed. They don't want to risk them squealing about it to the public. Probably some really dark things are being done and we won't ever know about.

Revelation 12:9 ESV
And the great dragon was thrown down, that ancient serpent, who is called the devil and Satan, the deceiver of the whole world—he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him.

Jude 1:6-7 ESV
And the angels who did not stay within their own position of authority, but left their proper dwelling, he has kept in eternal chains under gloomy darkness until the judgment of the great day— just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding cities, which likewise indulged in sexual immorality and pursued unnatural desire, serve as an example by undergoing a punishment of eternal fire.

edit on 20-8-2011 by MarkScheppy because: additions and typos

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by mbkennel

Originally posted by ProfessorT
Clearly no country has 'Super Soldiers' otherwise they would have been used by now to avert terrorist attacks and in countries where British and American soldiers are currently in conflict.

Uh, soldiers who are highly trained and skilled far beyond the typical soldier HAVE been used to avert terrorist attacks in countries where British and American soldiers are currently in conflict.

They are just not as invincible as in movies.

It's much less dramatic, but success depends on many years of training, skill in planning logistics and equipment, not only individual butt-kicking valor. The last part makes for good drama but the other parts make for victory.

Remember, the most lethal weapon is a radio.

I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say thus taking my comment out of context. Of course I know our military forces have teams such as the SAS and SEALS however what I was trying to get at was the possibility of our governments having almost 'robotic' soldiers. If you think about it the technology is there so I'm wondering why we're not using it already.
edit on 23-8-2011 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   

This is just part one of a video I saw a few months ago. The rest can be found at Youtube. Were these ladies an a experiment gone wrong.
edit on 23-8-2011 by Buford2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by SFwife
United State ARMY Special Forces Green Berets and NAVY SEALS are Super Soldiers .
I read on this site a lot and it amazes me the assumptions and misinformation
posted in regards to the military .

[edit on 18-4-2009 by SFwife]

No, there 'special forces' like you already stated, not super soldiers. They can't stop bullets, they feel pain, they are mere humans that got 'special training'.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I'm new to this site and this super soldier topic is one that really fascinates me. "ATSGUY", you replied how some can make their skin bullet proof through the power of the mind and perform many other incredible physical actions. I find it hard to believe that we can go this extent. If you could supply me with evidence of such cases, I would really appreciate it. Thanks again

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by DOADOA
No training or any amount of brainwashing will EVER replace what you're born with. Yes people this include people of all race and background not just white. Sometimes we just need to be reassured of our superiority in this world.... although a false one. In my opinion, a born fighter with no training of any kind in the modern war zone will outlast and out perform any Navy SEAL or Green Beret. Please forgive me if you think I'm ignorant but after years of living in the reality of war I have seen too much to weigh anything on the training I've received. The media and movies have fooled us into believing training meant something, that in itself is a stunning display of misinformation. I have witnessed a man in slippers, straw hat, and a pajama killed 18 soldier in broad daylight in a conventional engagement before we called in an airstrike for this ONE single man. He was swift, dead accurate, amazingly quick in his movements and too small of a target for us to aim at. These are the few moments in my life I will never forget and nothing is more terrifying to me than this man we couldn't kill. No corpse was found by us after the napalm.
You want a super soldier? He's probably your neighbor or some schmuck you saw walking down the street.

I don't know what conflict you were in, or where you coming from, but losing 18 soldiers sounds like a total BS to me. Are you all that fuc**d up ? is your PL a freaking idiot ? I mean, jesus christ! that's two squads, or 4 fire teams. There is no freaking way one person with a rifle could do that. 3-4 man mortar teams don't even last 20 minutes in my own personal experience.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ATSGUY

Can you send me proof and evidence for the ability of making skin bullet proof through the power of the mind?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Their are Four, Major "Control Groups".
The CIA, NSA, MIB's, and The Aliens.
Along with other, "Sub Groups".

That work with The Superman Program, and
the Super Solider Program.

edit on 10-2-2012 by anobodynothing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
There is, also the Cinderella Program,
and the Rain Man Program,
like the one, Eminem raps about in his songs.
The Rain Man, is suppose to be the Master Mind Controller, or "Boss".

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by TurkeyBurgers

Im not sure If I had taken the same exact mushrooms. A few years ago. But I have taken some form of abnormal mushroom. I remember running across a 15-20 foot swamp,without touching the water,only running across sticks at nighttime, and without looking underneath me. Ran across the whole swamp without getting any water on my self at all. at a very high rate of speed.

In a seperate wooded area,pitch black and foggy with no lights at all, was able to see through the fog and darkness.

And every time I do these mushrooms I run extremely fast,probably 55-70 miles an hour,if I run 15 miles an hour normally.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join