It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super Soldier programs?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
The US is phasing out all manned pilots - they say it is like having a sail maker on a nuclear battle ship - pointless. The latest jet the f-22 (i think) is the last manned only jet which will be produced, it is already being converted to pilotless mode. The current line of pinnacle development is in unmanned to unmanned combat capabilities.
At the start of the Iraq war there were about 5 simple robots, there are now well over 30,000 in both Iraq and Afghanistan - subs, copters, planes, tanks, packbots, sniper response, autonomous CRAMS, etc.

The military expects by 2025 all soldiers could be replaced in combat - as in robot soldiers fighting on the field, the scientists believe this is way to short and it will be by 2020 at the very latest.

The latest graduates from military colleges are already being told they will never fly or see direct combat - however- the the head of this programme can't remember his name but if you want will look it up, has stated that there "will always be a need for the few brave souls to strap themselves into machines and be hurled across the heavens"..

All of this comes from "Wired For War" Peter Singer = read it.

Super Solder - mechs.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Realistically, it isn't cost effective to equip entire combat scenarios with UCAV's as the cost for one UCAV is rather high. There will for quite some time, always be a human presence on the field, and a rather large one at that.
No that doesn't go to say, that heavy assault vehicles wont be used as a primary. Meaning Reapers, unmanned tanks etc. We barely have AI that doesn't bump into walls before correcting themselves yet, so we're a bit soon to look at artificial soldiers.
However we are very VERY close to the age of no more aircraft pilots.. at least not combat ones that is. Its actually quite awe inspiring to pilot (and i use that term loosely) the UCAV Reaper.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Stanger1234

Of course there was, is, and will be Super Soldier programs.

You're going to have to dig hard, dig a lot, and dig deep to find them.

I've found every one of them. They are all broken down into a million pieces.

Consider it like a giant jigsaw puzzle, and each piece fits together to make a larger picture.

Every single one of my threads has some aspect of those programs buried within them.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Super soldiers exist. They share one common characteristic - uncommon valor.

They are scattered among all the branches.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Amanita Muscaria

It is the Alice in Wonderland mushroom. It is legal to buy in the United States. I bought some online. It tastes HORRIBLE! I also got extremely sick from it.

This is the mushroom that it is believed the Vikings consumed before they went into battle.

Anyway when I consumed this fungi I was struck with an unusual attribute. I walked downstairs in my apartment when it was completely pitch black but I could see where everything was at. It wasn't that I had some night vision because I could close my eyes and it would still be the same darkness but I could SEE where everything was located. Furniture, doors that were partway open, gym equipment. I think somehow my mind was capable of creating a picture from my memory and pumping it into the vision part of my brain. It was amazing.

Since the Vikings used this fungi in combat maybe it could grant other super soldier abilities like super strength or reaction time or being able to predict actions of enemies very rapidly.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
A. Muscaria is definetely an interesting bit of fungus to ingest, I have had experiences much like yours. Night vision is not just exclusive to Muscaria but it can come along with the consumption of a vast number of psychotropic chemicals. (Psilocybin, Mescaline etc...) I was unaware about the vikings and their dealings with this fungus. Interesting nevertheless.

The idea of introducing drugs to stimulate soldiers is certainly nothing new. Amphetamines in Germany and Japan, later used everywhere. '___' has been used to open new doors of perception since Hoffman first synthesized '___'-25 and was obviously later used in the MKUltra program. ('___'-25, the only 'type' of '___' there is really. Although other Tryptamines often have many similar effects, LSA for instance). As we know MKUltra (related to the drug) was in an attempt to find a truth serum as well as a way to disorient soldiers. You have to know that this was merely half of the design for this program.

Through personal experience I believe that hallucinogens in particular have many benificial effects when used responsibly. As well, it should be noted that there are many ways to naturally open 'the doors of perception'. However I do know the Military is fond of shortcuts and therefore ...

A better life through chemistry, as they say.

[edit on 19-5-2009 by Neurockones]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Stanger1234

Check out DAPRA's website for ongoing and archived programs. I opened a forum about it:

DARPA.mil Website - Gov't Programs

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Yeah there was a program in the forties. The Uber Soldat or Super Soldier program it was started by the nazis. Looking for genetically superior aryan soldiers. Wouldn't surprise me if our government was or is trying it.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by daersoulkeeper
and it was why the flood was brought to destroy the world from the evil that corrupted it.

Proof!

There is no proof of that at all.

Regional floods, yes.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I really liked the clip where they showed the British soldiers on acid... climbing trees to feed the birds, giggling... I really hope they didn't give them live ammo - apparently the rocket launcher teams couldn't make their kit work. Just as well, frankly.

But it seems as if '___' would be a good drug to give, well, any army. It would keep them out of harm's way for a while.

As for the super soldier thing - I'm agnostic about this one. I've read the reports and seen the interviews before and can't make up my mind. But even the mainstream have been reporting on some programmes...

The Men Who Stare At Goats

The author

The movie of the book of the tv programme
... Out this year!

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Stay on topic!

The original poster is obviously talking about the covert programs that some insiders have been reporting on.

The number stepping forward is quite small, but we also have the problem that not everyone survives this training.

What fascinates me about these reports, besides the obvious misuse of the young men and women involved, is the apparently very serious work in the area of psychic abilities.

In other words, there are people in these secret projects who take this stuff very seriously, while the public-facing "scientists" are still denying that it is valid and putting all their energy into brain studies.

The other thing leaking out is the contacts being made with ETs, most of whom have these abilities already highly-developed or have invented electronic devices as assists. Same thing - the public-facing scientists are mostly still denying this stuff.

For some reason, most people who deal with this data still don't seem to be able to connect the dots: these are essentially "spiritual" abilities. Any being able to run a human body should be able to do a lot of these things. That's a huge truth that certain sectors are totally freaked out about. Because it leaves us "common" folk an escape route. If someone could stably attain some of these psychic abilities, he'd be almost impossible to control using normal human methods.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Great book tittled "the men who stare at goats" i know it sounds weird but this is all about this stuff and the super soldier programme

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mostlyspoons

this is a load of BS they use children in their mothers wombs to make super soldiers or at lest they are trying to.... so don't believe all the BS about "OOOOHH we are making super soldiers outta robots. that is completely just a cover up with what they plan on doing... in 1989 300 children were born 150 or them stillborn and about 96% of the mothers died during the birthing prosses because of all the chemicals and # that they put into the women. The another 4% were still alive but never able to have children again... the other 150 children either ended up going insane/or the government made everyone believe they went insane... or they are always really sick because of the chemicals and viruses that runs through their body.... now I might not be able to show you documents but this is the most that I have learned in the years that I have gone and done studies with my team and it's about time these mfers got what is comming to them!!!

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
'___' would be an effective tool. It is all about changing perception of what's going on while still being able to maintain soldier mentality, so obviously the soldier who is on '___' must have significant drug experience to be able to maintain some composure. What makes the drug effective is then when you're high on it, you probably wouldn't even percieve a bullet hitting you as a bullet hitting you and therefore it wouldn't be an obstacle... though you would most likely only be good for the mission and not recoverable asset afterwards.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

ha ha realm funny if your going to belong to this site why dont you commit a real answer or are you not capable of common thought

Thugyj

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

ha ha realm funny if your going to belong to this site why dont you commit a real answer or are you not capable of common thought

Thugyj

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
they say that john welsh booth the guy that murder lincon didnt even rember what he was doing at that time let alone murding the president there has to be a super solider program how else good america have the strongest army in of today

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
the more you spend training soldiers, the more you lose when they get killed

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Special Air Service. Most, if not all special forces are based upon them.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by miragezero

Yeah training isn't everything, you can't train some one to be Audey Murphey the most decorated soldier of WWII.
Audey Murphey was 5'5" 110 lbs when he entered the Army and 5'7" 145lbs after his 3yr enlistment , no Ape Genes or Steroids here. A small fast man with steely nerve, sharp mind and a sure shot is a super soldier.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join