It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

who won the 2nd world war

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by lightworker12

Yea. Why question right? You do realise what sort of discussion forum you are frequenting right? Just pointing out.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

Originally posted by insider15

We BOTH won because we worked together as allies to defeat Germany.

After world war 2 the world was essentially split into and divided equally among the US and the USSR.

We both won because we were allies. We were not fighting against each other.

Hell, we werent really fighting each other after words either (IMO). We were just both afraid of each other because we knew what we were both capable of and we both thought that the other would try to essentially take over the world. Thus, the cold war....

We both won.

NO !!! we both lost because we didnt come toegter as human and people we both stood against each other and said"your different"" how is that winning????

S then it was a trick question? You asked who won ww2. The US or the USSR. No part of your question had to do with our reaction/impression to each other before during or after ww2. If you wanted your answer to include that you should have said so... and not simply asked who won US or USSR.....

In the context of your question, we BOTH won because we worked together to defeat Germany, and we did. That is how we both won. We were NOT fighting each other during the war. Neither of us won more than the other.... It was either we both succeded together in stopping Germany or we failed together, luckily we succeded together....

I can only answer what you ask. I can not read your mind, so I am incapable of answering what you do not ask.... Are you meaning to ask who won the COLD WAR?

We DID work together to deafeat Nazi Germany, Even if our goals for the future were different, we both agreed that Germany could not remain as powerful as they were so we worked together to prevent Germany from becomming stronger. We both won in the sense that we worked together to stop Germany.....

We also both won in the sense that in the future we did not turn the cold war into a nuclear war.

[edit on 17-4-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

well if ur are gonna get like that on me..tecnically the second world war did not end until 1991... and if u wanna get realy tecnicnical russian and england are still at war and so are Ireland and Spain but i am not gonna be annouying.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by lightworker12
The Allies won WWII by defeating the Axis.

If you want to be entirely correct. The what-ifs and breakdowns of events are both inflammatory and pointless.

Good point!

There is always somebody in the crowd who thinks they know more than everybody else and tends to forget real history.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
lets get back to the point WHO WON?? we are moving towards a one stae europe, an one stae government..i am not saying this is a bad thing...but where is the person?? if we fight againts the sytsem we r stoood on.....try fighting againts mcdonalds or shell what chance do u have???????? is that a free state who controls them ??? search there history they all lead back to post ww2 europe and guess which country???

look at all the worl leaders search their history and busines links and guess where they lead????

???

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
So many people died , so many cities anihilated , so many families lost sons , daughters , fathers , mothers and so on and you worry about who won between USA or URSS. Just be thankful that we did...and hope that there will be no need for a winner or a war in the future..

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   

well if ur are gonna get like that on me..tecnically the second world war did not end until 1991... and if u wanna get realy tecnicnical russian and england are still at war and so are Ireland and Spain but i am not gonna be annouying.

Get like what on you?
Do you not like me answering the question you asked? if you did not want people answering it you should not have asked it.....

If you want to talk about irrelevant technicalities that really dont have anything to do with anything, I feel it neccasary to talk about officialities.

Officialy the war ended August 15th 1945.

Officialy russia ( I assume you mean USSR) and england were BOTH members of the allies and were not at war with each other but were at war together against Nazi Germany....

Officially Ireland and spain were not invloved in ww2. Spain was recovering from a civil war and did not have the energy or the resources to participate although they did support britain morally. Ireland favored the allies but historic enmity with england kept them out of the war... So I am not sure why you even brought them up.....

All that said. the allies which included

the big four England, Soviet Union, US and france

along with Australia, Belgium,Bolivia,brazil, canada,China,Denmark,Greexe,Mexico,Netherlands,Norway,Poland,South africa and yugoslavia, worked together and defeated Nazi Germany.

No one country won more than the other... and it is rude and silly of you to indicate that one countries efforts to stop Hitler may have mattered more than the other countries that were members of the allies.

But that is only officially....

Your question has been answered now multpile times by multiple people.... The Allies won equally. The Allies included the Soviet Union and The US so we both won equally.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fatality
So many people died , so many cities anihilated , so many families lost sons , daughters , fathers , mothers and so on and you worry about who won between USA or URSS. Just be thankful that we did...and hope that there will be no need for a winner or a war in the future..
"

you say"we won" define "we"?? they say history is won by the victoys..the us r the only country who used nuclear weapons the british inivented contrention camps( see south african history, even see northernireland internment camps in the 1960s and 70s) look and camp xray.. so did we the people realy win?????

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   

you say"we won" define "we"??

We would be the allies.

along with Australia, Belgium,Bolivia,brazil, canada,China,Denmark,Greexe,Mexico,Netherlands,Norway,Poland,South africa and yugoslavia, worked together and defeated Nazi Germany.

That is the list of who won ww2, although one could argue the whole world won as we succeded in getting rid of a Hitler who if not stopped would have taken over the world and as I am sure you know, that would not have been good.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
lets face it the soliders from the alies won ww2 but the people lost!!!! wheres are freedom???we fought the war so that the government coundnt control us!!!! so that we the people!! could control the government, mmmmm i dont see any people control. we lost. full stop

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   

lets face it the soliders from the alies won ww2 but the people lost!!!! wheres are freedom???we fought the war so that the government coundnt control us!!!! so that we the people!! could control the government, mmmmm i dont see any people control. we lost. full stop

Ok, I am starting to see what you are getting at. Very interesting.

I think it is wise to say though, we would be in a MUCH WORSE position had the ally soldiers not won, and hitler had succeded...

Personally, I still have all my freedom, and all my rights. I can deffinatley understand why one would feel that their rights are slipping away though. I really do understand. This is a crazy and scary time we are living in. The world has made it through worse though and we are more than capable of making it through this.

I really believe that. This is a very interesting thread to participate in by the way. Thanks for creating it.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   

you say"we won" define "we"??

We would be the allies.

That is the list of who won ww2, although one could argue the whole world won as we succeded in getting rid of a Hitler who if not stopped would have taken over the world and as I am sure you know, that would not have been good.

england ruled by a royal family "not elected" and invented conctration camps see south africican and irish history, soviet union ..staion 5 year plan butchered millions, us still held black people as 2nd class citizons until the 60s and the civil rights movemnt(some would argue still not free today)
france has put laws in place againts religous freedom as early as 2006.

yeah a free world yaaa victory and freedom!!!

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   

england ruled by a royal family "not elected" and invented conctration camps see south africican and irish history, soviet union ..staion 5 year plan butchered millions, us still held black people as 2nd class citizons until the 60s and the civil rights movemnt(some would argue still not free today)

Yeah and Nazi Germany controlling Europe and Imperial Japan running all of China and the Pacific would have been better.

Yeah Right

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   

So in other words, what you are really wondering doesnt actually have to do with word war two... You know, This thread would have gone alot smoother and your answer would have come alot faster had you just asked your question, in a non disguised manner.

For the record, the world is far from free. there is still slavery (legal and illegal, all over the word), there is still mistreatment of people, there is still murder, assault etc.... The world is far from free in the sense that you are putting it.

However, In the sense that you ORIGINALLY put it. Which was "did the Soviet Union or the US win ww2?" Which I am sure you see why no one would get right away that you were actually talking about the treatment of people as a whole and civil rights and freedoms.... The allies won the war,by stopping Germany.

Even you have to agree though, that the world would be even worse off, had Germany not been stopped.

All that said, I agree, with you, that the world is not "free) because the allies won world war 2. Not at all,As I said, there is still slavery, racism, murder, etc... However, as much as it exsists today, things would be much worse had the allies lost.

So I am curious. What made you decide to go about discussing the mistreatment of people as a whole and the rights of people as a whole by asking whethet Soviet russia or the US won ww2?

The only connection I can really see is the Nazi's treatment of the Jew's. Is there more of a connection between the two that I am not seeing?

Thanks for the good discussion my friend!

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
You guys should stop worrying about who really won World War Two, and start looking for answers on why it really started, and who funded both sides of the war. What it produced (United Nations, etc). I remember my Great Grand father telling me that the whole world thought that World War One, or The Great War was suppose to be the last war ever faught. What a tradegy, all these wars.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

history is writtn by the victors....the romanand greek empires and british!!!!!!! enslaved and butchered millons, but now we study it????

dont get me wrong they nazie butchered milons of jews which is a sin which humans will have to live with for a long time but how many have died under american bombs in japen, veitnam, iraq, afganistan how many people have the russians killed in afgan in the 80s in chechan? how many people have the brits killed how many have the soo called free wesrtern countries killed in the name of freedom????????? the wests freedom is noy everyones freedom.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
The Soviets broke the back of the German Amies in Europe. D-Day and the Western Front were tiny compared to the Eastern Front. Even at Peak German Army strength on the Western Front it was less than 20% of that deployed on the Eastern Front. Almost all of Germnay's best divisions were fighting the Russians along fronts stretching thousands of miles.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   

history is writtn by the victors....the romanand greek empires and british!!!!!!! enslaved and butchered millons, but now we study it????

dont get me wrong they nazie butchered milons of jews which is a sin which humans will have to live with for a long time but how many have died under american bombs in japen, veitnam, iraq, afganistan how many people have the russians killed in afgan in the 80s in chechan? how many people have the brits killed how many have the soo called free wesrtern countries killed in the name of freedom????????? the wests freedom is noy everyones freedom.

War is crazy no matter who drops the bombs isnt it?

In ww2 alone an estimated 50-70 million people were killed. That includes all casualties regardless of what country they fought for.

The definitionn of insanity is doing the same thing over and over, expecting a different result each time. Well, that is why war is insane, because for as long as humans have been around, we have been going to war, and all it has brought us is pain and suffering and death, yet some how we continue to expect that war will achieve peace.

I don't get it either. I really dont.

The way to peace is not war... I don't know what else to say other than I agree. War is a pointless, insane thing that only makes things worse for us and ultimatlye brings no positives to the table.

That said, I really do not have anything else to add. Nothing that is ultimatley legitmate anyway. So I guess I will bow out, gracefully. Although I will keep an eye out on the thread incase things take a turn into something that I can add.

peace and love

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by insider15

Nobody is trying to rewrite history here.
But defeating Germany was not all that WWII was about. Don't forget about the rest of the world.

Hence the phrase WORLD war II

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Exactly why does everybody always forget about what the Japanese did to the Filipinos, China, Korea and New Guinea Tell our Australian cousins and New Zealnders that WWII was all about Germany.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   

So in other words, what you are really wondering doesnt actually have to do with word war two... You know, This thread would have gone alot smoother and your answer would have come alot faster had you just asked your question, in a non disguised manner.

For the record, the world is far from free. there is still slavery (legal and illegal, all over the word), there is still mistreatment of people, there is still murder, assault etc.... The world is far from free in the sense that you are putting it.

However, In the sense that you ORIGINALLY put it. Which was "did the Soviet Union or the US win ww2?" Which I am sure you see why no one would get right away that you were actually talking about the treatment of people as a whole and civil rights and freedoms.... The allies won the war,by stopping Germany.

Even you have to agree though, that the world would be even worse off, had Germany not been stopped.

All that said, I agree, with you, that the world is not "free) because the allies won world war 2. Not at all,As I said, there is still slavery, racism, murder, etc... However, as much as it exsists today, things would be much worse had the allies lost.

So I am curious. What made you decide to go about discussing the mistreatment of people as a whole and the rights of people as a whole by asking whethet Soviet russia or the US won ww2?

The only connection I can really see is the Nazi's treatment of the Jew's. Is there more of a connection between the two that I am not seeing?

Thanks for the good discussion my friend!

hi mate, thanks for the discussion but i fel that u have misquoted me,i did say that russia committed more troops but.. i also asked who is the real superpower now?? considering the "ALLIES" won and germany lost u say i have to concide we are better off... nazi germany wanted to control the press....hmmm, nazi germany wanted to miltarly contral the world9th "allies now have fighting troops on all corners off the world" the nazis want to control religon if not exterimate it (now this is just my opinion but the modern media environment seems to keep pushing religon more and more out the world in a very sutel way...not saying religon is right or wrong but modern media is pushing religon aside.)) we live in a world were we a watched by cccv 24x7. we can have are phones emails montired..mmm sounds like what the nazis had in mind....so my question still stands who won??? who is the real superpower??

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join