It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Sighting in Bendigo, Australia

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Yes, the below visible pass chart shows where it was visible from Bendigo. Brighter than the star Arcturus, even.

In order to notice it someone would have to be paying attention to that particular part of the sky during the few minutes of the transit. I scan the skies regularly and have plenty of satellites passing overhead. But unless I'm really still and concentrating on one area, I actually spot very few.

During the month of April there have been 20 passes of the ISS visible in Bendigo. How many have you seen?

[edit on 4/22/2009 by eaglewingz]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
i never seen the tracking sites until after i filmed this, i dont really scan the skies. I wasnt looking for it- im from the north and have seen thousands of satellites, but never like this one, if thats what it is.. The second video i posted i think mights be the soyuza satellite, as its path corresponded well with the time aNd direction on the tracker in relation to a ground path directly over bendigo...
, in the first video im not sure what i filmed, it went sw at the end of the footage and began the in north. I couldnt correlate the ground path, following the same direction as the ISS.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by eaglewingz

hi, can you explain the chart you posted to me?

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I also have a video of it on my mobile phone from Melbourne.
If i can be stuffed i will upload it to my PC and post it on Youtube.

It was the ISS im pretty sure. But I maybe wrong.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by wellsighted

Sure, the path indicated is the visible track of the ISS on that evening from Bendigo, not the ground track.
It shows the ISS travelling North to South just above the Eastern horizon, just as in the video.

I see in a later post you mentioned SW, but in the video you pan to the right while following it to the South. That would actually indicate a direction of SE. You would pan to the left if it was West.

Edit : East and West are "reversed" on the chart :

Heavens Above Please note that East and West are NOT the "wrong way round" if you hold the chart over your head to correspond to the view of the sky.

[edit on 4/26/2009 by eaglewingz]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
it was in the nne when i ran in for the cam, coming outside i was facing east when i began shooting, and pannd as i followed it to the SW when it dissappears into the horizon. The stars unfortunatly wernt visible. The ground trak of the ISS informed me that it passed over port macquarie going se- thats why i question it. Have you seen any footage of any satellite like it? i havnt edited it in any way.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join