It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Sighting in Bendigo, Australia

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Was looking through videos on Youtube and saw this recent video, thought i would share!!

www.youtube.com...

Seems plausable i think.

Embed didnt seem to work.

[edit on 16-4-2009 by XeonSky]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
The video is not working.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Weird, i put the direct link.

Not too sure what happened there, maybe a mod can fix it up?

Sorry bout that!

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
There we go, its working now. I am a big believer in UFO's and aliens, so I try not to get sucked into anything fake, but this is a pretty cool video, the object was moving at a steady rate, so it couldn't have been a star or anything. It was nice how there was an airplane and an actual star for you to refer to.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Yeah thats exactly why i posted it.

Videos like this always leave a conclusion such as "Satellites"

Even so, its still a nice video.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Looks like a very typical pass of the International Space Station. It did make a a very bright pass over Australia that evening.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I saw something like this the other day (i'm from australia). I thought that it might be a satellite, but i guess not?

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Looks like a very typical pass of the International Space Station. It did make a a very bright pass over Australia that evening.

It' not ISS.
I shot a video last month of a pretty similar object but mine was similar to nasa orbs,i checked heavens above TO MAKE SURE it wasn't ISS or iridium flare and there wasn't any pass on that day.
Have a look.At the end of the footage the object slightly changed direction and it was no the zoom effect, i'm sure!

www.youtube.com...

A closer look:
www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

plus the pixels on a close up shot will distort image and always go to a diamond shape, happens on almost every digital camera.

how about if you see a dot in the sky and film it...you cannot put it on you tube as being an UFO. you would cut out about 80% of having to sit there and look at a dot, trying desperately to see some detail.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I didn't know that anyone in Bendigo would own a HD camera!

Unremarkable, constant motion, looks like the ISS, as mentioned earlier in the thread.

Bendigo, it's a nice place, built around the old gold-rush days. Very clear skies at night, so no wonder the ISS would stand out so much.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw
I didn't know that anyone in Bendigo would own a HD camera!

Unremarkable, constant motion, looks like the ISS, as mentioned earlier in the thread.

Bendigo, it's a nice place, built around the old gold-rush days. Very clear skies at night, so no wonder the ISS would stand out so much.

Yes it's true, SOME people in Bendigo do own a HD cam. I've seen it with my own eyes. Mostly tourists however.

Looks like IIS to me, I certainly would not use "AMAZING EXCLUSIVE UFO FOOTAGE" on this clip.

8/10 booring factor rating.

C-BuZz

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Is there any footage floating around of the ISS then? I'd like to compare it, I wouldn't have thought that it'd have been that bright in the sky. I won't just dismiss it becuase a few people reckon it's the ISS. I'd like proof of it.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

Take a look at this, to me it's very similar.

I hope this helps clarify or help prove it was ufo!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
Is there any footage floating around of the ISS then? I'd like to compare it, I wouldn't have thought that it'd have been that bright in the sky. I won't just dismiss it becuase a few people reckon it's the ISS. I'd like proof of it.

I've seen the ISS fly over Melbourne with my own eyes. If you didn't know better, you would be thinking it's something strange. I can easily see why it would generate a few UFO reports.

It's bright, very bright. Brighter than any other satellite that you'll see. However, like other satellites, it moves at constant speed along a constant arc, just like the blip in that YouTube video does.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Video 'copyrighted' and no longer available.

Oh really.

Imagine if Jesus returned and spoke some very important words for humanity. But the people who took the message 'copyrighted' the information.

Stuff your 'copyrighted' video where the sun never shines.

Hundreds of webpages now have broken or non-working links thanks to bubba and his 'copyright'

[edit on 20-4-2009 by songthrush]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by songthrush

Yo Bubba, the video is free to study
www.youtube.com...
the copyright claim had to be made as others were trying to spin a buck from it. The user who supplied hundreds of links to now broken pages stole that footage. Damienz007
Its interesting i was invited to join this group, i sign up and am told there is no flaming and there is this. I was invited dewd,

do you think opportunists should be allowed to profit from this?

i mean even the local newspaper got in on it and downloaded the stolen one and freely offered links to its customers to download it from their website.
the mainstream media dont care abit about this, they use it to sensationalise, discredit and sell advertising.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
www.heavens-above.com...

this info wasnt available wheni looked for it last week on heavens above, but was told after posting it was in the vincinity
this is the ground track of the ISS the evening i saw and filmed the object.
this is why the question is in the title, UFO or ISS?

the guy i mentioned earlier stole it and disseminated it on other youtubes and websites without questioning what it was. I think his premis is that there is an alien invasion>?

not my position i think its likely the ISS.
but....
it seems like it was going over sydney on the map,
but geeze im not a trained observer i dunno what it was...
im happy to put it upto question. Forget what the newspaper people said theyre full of it.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
from what i see on that site it was going over port macquarie, thats like 1400 klms from here, is it likely that my cam can zoom that far? it was 1000 klms above at the time, im not much of a mathamatician but what does that triangulate the viewing distance to the ISS to be? this object came from the north and went south. Ive spoken with a few others who saw it and the agree on the general direction of it.
i cant be certain what it is, having seen it and looking at the tracking data.

pfff no brainer its upto the viewer i guess.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by wellsighted

It's not the distance to a satellite or celestial object that limits the ability of a camera to capture an image. My cheap still camera can get decent video of the star Sirius and it's 8.6 light-years away.

It's apparent magnitude that counts. At a magnitude of -.4 the ISS was plenty visible as shown by the visible pass chart. That magnitude would make the ISS the third brightest "star" in the sky.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
sure, the cam wouldnt focus that far, but would i see it if it were 2000 klms away? and if i could, would have everyone (potentially) between here and port macquarie have seen it too? four locals have contacted me and said they saw it, wouldnt there have been other sightings across the eastern seaboard?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join