It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snakes on a plane killed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Snakes on a plane killed

www.watoday.com.au

FOUR escaped pythons have caused a Qantas plane to be grounded in Melbourne after airline staff failed to find them.

The young Stimson's pythons, four of 12 in a container in the Boeing 737-800's cargo hold, apparently escaped on Tuesday during a 2½-hour flight from Alice Springs to Melbourne.

With Qantas staff unable to find the escapees among the luggage in the hold, the aircraft was removed from service and a 4pm Melbourne-to-Sydney flight was cancelled.

Qantas spokesman Joe Aston said the 12 juvenile pythons measured about 15 centimetres and were travelling in "an appropriate" container. He said it was not clear how the four had escaped.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit - Headline: Please use the original story headline from your source.

[edit on 4/15/2009 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Flight 446 from Melbourne to Sydney was cancelled and passengers made to catch a later because 4 pythons had managed to escape from their enclosure. At least its a good headline, but it seems that they had to fumigate the plane to kill the snakes, which is understandable but still sad for the snakes.
I wonder if its possible that the snakes may have survived the fumigation and we havent heard the last of this.

www.watoday.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Oh dear - four 15 cm pythons!!!

Well I hope everyone is OK
I mean no one's missing their pet mouse!

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
What a bunch of morons.
Snakes are escape artists and they should have been aware of that and kept them in a good escape proof enclosure.
A 15 cm python is not dangerous as they are constrictors.
Why bother gassing them??
What idiots.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Yhea! - EVERY one knows the responsible thing to do is keep your snake on a lead at all times!!

They should of sent in mongooses to get the snakes... A couple of golden eagles to get the mongooses... A great white humter with a blunderbus to get the eagles... and an angry rhino to trample the hunter... Then you very politely ask the rhino to get off the plane.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
The weird thing here is that life is imitating art... It's happened a few times in the last couple of decades... Someone brings a film out about something, then it happens. I'm not saying it's deliberate, just strange conincidences.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
What a bunch of idiots, why the heck did they feel the need to kill them, it's not like they could do any damage, they were small babies probably still only able to eat pinkies for cripes sake.

new topics

top topics

join