It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A dime in a ring, what does it mean?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
That penny in the palm thread reminded me of a strange thing that happened to me years ago.

A much older guy handed me a simple metal ring, like a car key ring, that had a dime attached to the outer edge of it. He had pinched the edge of the dime with the ring and it looked like a diamond ring, you know, figure 8 sort of thing. I asked what is this? He said a dime'n'ring.

Was that some solar eclipse reference? Something occult? Something gay? I had never seen or heard anything like this before, and I wasn't getting much of a good vibe from this guy so I just said something like 'thanks dude' and kept going. I thought the guy was weird.

Any clues?

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Lol. It was a joke. Dime-n-Ring.... Get It. Diamond Ring. That is awesome that a goofy joke becomes a conspiracy.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by justsomeboreddude
Lol. It was a joke. Dime-n-Ring.... Get It. Diamond Ring. That is awesome that a goofy joke becomes a conspiracy.

ROLF this was my thoughts EXACTLY!! i cant believe some of the things i see on this site . should've known my first post would be on something this silly.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Dude just wait. There are some crazy folks on here. Look around. I was on a thread earlier where this guy thought the NWO was running McDonalds because one of their bags has some deaf people giving the I love you sign in sign language. He thought they were secretly giving the dreaded satanic Bull Horns preferred by all your favorite NWO leaders

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by THX-1138

while I am not sure, I think the dude was wierd and had a dry sense of humor. I like that. Just be glad he didn't give you soap on a rope.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by justsomeboreddude
Dude just wait. There are some crazy folks on here. Look around. I was on a thread earlier where this guy thought the NWO was running McDonalds because one of their bags has some deaf people giving the I love you sign in sign language. He thought they were secretly giving the dreaded satanic Bull Horns preferred by all your favorite NWO leaders

yea i know , little off topic but its on the most active thread right now ... imma go read it lol

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I saw a guy wearing these loafers with pennies in the tongue.

Perhaps we should infiltrate this bizarre satanic world these people are coming from. Cities inside the hollow Earth perhaps?

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

while I am not sure, I think the dude was wierd and had a dry sense of humor. I like that. Just be glad he didn't give you soap on a rope.

I hope for his sake you are right. I kind of thought that at first too, but then around here you can never really be sure. Kudos to him if was meant to be a joke, because that is hilarious.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Was that some solar eclipse reference? Something occult? Something gay? I had never seen or heard anything like this before, and I wasn't getting much of a good vibe from this guy so I just said something like 'thanks dude' and kept going. I thought the guy was weird.

Interesting what your mind leapt to, personally I think he was a pretty cool character.

Don't suppose you caught his name? Sounds like a good guy to have around.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I wonder if it was the same old guy that gave me one but mine was on a pin. LOL

On a plane from LA to SF.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Interesting history behind the "penny" loafer. It was what the kids use to wear back a long time ago when kids still dressed nice for school and just in general. The teenagers would wear penny loafers and their mom would put a penny in the shoe so that they would have a penny to make a call to their parents to pick the up after a date or a movie lol

Case-Closed on the Penny loafer conspiracy!

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by bushidomason

My mom always had me put a penny in face out for good luck.
Later i moved to quarters, seeing as how inflation affected it and all.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Exactly. It is a pun. It is a goofy joke. Which makes it a great cover story so I thought it was an interesting communication, and I had no idea what the message was. I have never heard of this before. You would think you would have heard of such a thing.

It is such a corny visual pun zinger. Is it regional? Is it some neotechnology? None of you heard it before. Nobody replied yeah I've heard that one before. Now imagine some strange man wearing a suit walks up to you and does that. Is he selling magazines?

First, I thought of a diamond ring obviously, then a solar eclipse, then Mr. Occult X, then I thought this was a way of invitation in some retro ten-cent-phone-call-give-me-a-ring sort of way. It was weird. I've seen the Naked Lunch movie. This old guy was weird. All this ran through my mind in about a second and then I thought to get away from this weird old man.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by THX-1138
That penny in the palm thread reminded me of a strange thing that happened to me years ago.

A much older guy handed me a simple metal ring, like a car key ring, that had a dime attached to the outer edge of it. He had pinched the edge of the dime with the ring and it looked like a diamond ring, you know, figure 8 sort of thing. I asked what is this? He said a dime'n'ring.

Any clues?

WOOOOOOWWWWWWWWW.... were doomed.

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 16-4-2009 by Gemwolf]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by THX-1138
Is it regional? Is it some neotechnology? None of you heard it before. Nobody replied yeah I've heard that one before.

dunno if it regional , but its been around oklahoma for at last a decade . i made one in HS for my first love ... found it in a oragami book. she still loves me

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   

It means he wanted to drop the dime on you. Sorry i couldnt resist i really did try though. Well actually im lying no i didnt, any way keep it its kinda cool.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
First time I heard of it was when my dad showed me one he made for my mom

It's kind of uncommon now, I think a lot of people have lost their sense of humor.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I swear I never heard the "dime in ring" gag before. But you say you made one in Oklahoma for your high school sweetheart? Alright.

I guess it was only some old gay dude that time.

How about strangers in ordinary places that make eye contact with you in some menacing cartoon villain sort of way. Like for a long time just giving you the evil look. Who are they? What message are they sending and who does the message come from?

Seriously. How about a guy standing in front of your office as you drive through the parking lot, and he's flipping you off and looking at you in a menacing way. Really bizarre and almost like the guy is acting. Anybody ever get the menacing stranger gag? I have had that one twice. Who are those guys?!

I've got the voice beamed into my mind thing also. While a woman is making what appears to be scripted movement with her arm I can hear her words clearly in my mind sitting inside my car forty feet away with windows rolled up and the stereo on. It was like some goddess power I had never experienced, or maybe a message from another dimension, or agents of some nefarious overlords.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   

I want to be you when I grow up. You have the coolest life ever. I would really enjoy it if all kind of wild stuff like that happened to me all the time and I could view it as some sort of plot. You are so lucky! If you are serious you have an awesome life.

[edit on 15-4-2009 by justsomeboreddude]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   
How do you explain a voice in your head? How?

It had to be beamed into my skull, or patched into my stereo somehow. How did it happen? How did she do it? Telepathy? Secret agent device in my car stereo? Another dimension? Cosmic beings guiding their Earth creature through the maze of amusements?

Oh it could be nano building blocks that have been consumed in the drinking water and they have assembled into a telepathy device in my skull!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join