It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

its your choice to look or not!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
i have noticed recently that all news on ATS has already been covered my msm!

that in turn makes me lose faith in the comunity here! what happened to exposing what was unknown! what happened to letting people know what they didnt, all you " bog points " guys seem to do is discredit any stories brought here by new members and that is a shame because at one point you were a new member, just because there views dont match yours doesnt mean you have to use your status to move threads and change them!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 14-4-2009 by Free4Ever2]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I agree with you, mostly. And there's something else....
By moving posts that are allready being discussed, you suppress the importance of some topics. Some posts may be the same as others, but sometimes, there's just that little bit of extra info that could shed a totally difrent light on matters.

Now I am not going to claim things I cannot prove, but my gut tells me that not everything here is what it looks like.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Ats is not the conspiracy site it was, maybe government ops are here, destroying any decent thread. I doubt there has been a decent thread here for months now. I remember threads used to go on for along time, now most are just discarded.

I think when someone reads a thread, peer pressure makes them thing that they cannot talk openly in some topics, as it has been rubbished already by others for no reason.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
Ats is not the conspiracy site it was, maybe government ops are here, destroying any decent thread. I doubt there has been a decent thread here for months now. I remember threads used to go on for along time, now most are just discarded.

Well, you're a member aren't you? Part of what you complain about is your fault, then.

If you don't like what other people are presenting, why don't you bring something to the table rather than gripe?

Give us all an example of what you think is a decent thread! I dare ya!

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
good threads get buried in all the mundane, and over exaggerated threads. i wish some people would think ' Is this really the place to be telling this?'

just like the alternative news, has NO alternative news, people just copy the everyday news and throw it in there, Thats NOT why i visit alternative news.

[edit on 14-4-2009 by MR BOB]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Wow,

It happened, ATS's start of a revolution.

It is more newsy then it used to be, albeit the news has gotten very fiery though.

Even if the topic has been discussed, there is no harm in bringing it up again, it's still a conspiracy, and nothing is Final.

New details come in.

SandF, I feel this is important.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
As fairly new member myself, thought I'd have a wee rant on this. ATS is a tricky thing really. To have validity here it seems you need sources (quite rightly i suppose). The quick and easy source, obviously, is the internet.

I'm fairly new to having a consistent internet supply ie, not borrowed from the neighbours, and I've now lost the initial thrill of seemingly endless information accessible through it. Could the internet itself be classed as MSM? Nothing can be completely trusted here 100%. I mean I don't even trust all the thoughts I have in my own head sometimes.

As a consequence on ATS you get a thread, correctly sourced, and then these sources are often (quite rightly) brought into question. Of course! Because there is no 100% trusted source of any information.

If I started a thread on a story a trusted friend told me that he or she saw for example, the internet fails as a source and my story is a matter of trust alone that I don't expect anyone, here or elsewhere, to wholeheartedly believe me. No matter how much I myself, or my friend, believe it.

MSM stories, I think, are useful in so far as knowing what a vast amount of people are being told. They just sometimes miss out the next part of the communication which is the emotional response the ordinary individual gets from them. Alternative news requires getting out of that chair and away from that screen and investigating what is going on around you.

Some of the threads based on MSM stories seem to me to be the equivalent of shouting at the TV as it's telling you something disagreeable. What ATS seems to provide for some people is the ability to empower them that their 'shouting' may elicit a response from another human, unlike the box.

Hmm not really sure what my point is here. If you were in front of me I'm sure you could have a chuckle at my puzzled facial expression and waving arms.

I just don't think ATS, or anything online should be given too much weight (especially this post) in the grand scheme of things.

Just let the alternative view points stimulate your mind into areas you may not have thought about before, and enjoy that post that seemed to echo what you were just thinkng before you had time to type it.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
ATS = Attractiv Threads Silenced

Seriously, i agree, a huge amount of Interesting threads moved or deleted because simply some ppls here just answered "naaaah already discussed"
or "move to another section"

Mmmh Enjoy enjoy ATS turning into a Hot Gossip board, talkin only about some stuff you can debate on others sites.

Seriously guys, AS is now a nice Elitist community, we dont belong here, we' are the weirdos with tinfoil hats, nothing to see here, move along citizen.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I'm trying to get this edit tool to work.......but for some reason can't.

[edit on 4/14/2009 by Tunatarian]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
If you want to cut down on the BS posted here, then the point system should be done away with. I swear some people post any garbage that comes along to get the all valuable ATS point.

-E-

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Sorry if I sound dumb..lol but what is MSM? I have seen this before and I am not sure what it is. When I googled it, it corrected me with MSN.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
Sorry if I sound dumb..lol but what is MSM? I have seen this before and I am not sure what it is. When I googled it, it corrected me with MSN.

Main Stream Media!!!
Cheers
-E-

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

Agreed, the point system, has taken everything to another bizarre place.

I've found I get starred more if I rant on the gov't then on threads where I list thousands of sources to the OPs questions.

It'd be nice if people posted for information and increase in knowledge then for stars.

PS- Don't star this!

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
thanks eveyone. its good to see im not alone in my thoughts with this one!

i think i might give up on ats, maybe look back now and then, now im wondering wether or not my account will be banned for this

peace xx

and yeah the point system is just a silly excuse for people to post silly threads! i suggest we start a petition or something to get the point system removed. whos with me???

[edit on 14-4-2009 by Free4Ever2]

top topics

join