It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Electric Cars Are Only Another Scam

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Freezer

I'd Plug it In - lol!

Wowza - She's a Beauty!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e6a47b6e2536.jpg[/atsimg]

peace

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Freezer

The "traditional" electric and hybrids cars are just gimmicks, for those people who think they're doing the right thing.

The future?

This:

[edit on 20/4/09 by Chadwickus]

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I know where you are coming from, but I believe they are gimmicks for a reason. If they put out a affordable sufficient electric car it would put a pretty large dent in the overall market. Look at the sales of the prius, and that's not even that great and still a hybrid. I'm 100% sure they could do a lot better, and put up a lot better specs, but they choose not to. Look at that batteries they used in the ev1, that surely isn't the best we can do. At the conception of the ev1 they had a better battery which could allow the car to travel over 300 miles on 1 charge, but that patent was sold to a gas company and buried.

They want to move towards hydrogen fuel cells, but there in lies another problem. They want to replace gas stations with hydrogen stations, and sell you the fuel again..Not to mention fuel cells are very expensive. But we know we can make our own hydrogen fuel at home with a solar powered electrolyzer so we will see how they try and stick it to people in that respect. I'm not sure how they solved the storage of hydrogen in that car, as compressed hydrogen is very dangerous. I know that they do sell metal hydride tanks which are safe for hydrogen storage so we know it can be done. I really don't see why we couldn't just burn hydrogen in a conventional engine, as Bob Lazar has done since the 1970's. All his hydrogen is derived from solar power which is a great system, and any car on the road today could be converted. One way or another gas is on its way out, and that's fine by me. I don't disagree hydrogen is a great fuel, and covers two-thirds of the earth. I would buy either one as long as it's not gasoline..Either one could theoretically be run for free. I think that's why there's been such opposition of this technology, but that's gonna change pretty soon, as they can't suppress this for very much longer.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Freezer

My opinion is that the oil companies have the tech and patents for these hydrogen systems. Is it any suprise that they are the ones who are introducing it slowly into the market?

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   

You need a solar panel array, solar charge controller, and a bank of batteries, and then an inverter to step the 12 or 24 volts to 110 or 120v ac. Instead of plugging into your house, you plug it into an inverter. A lot of people who use solar use the 24v since it's more efficient.
reply to post by Freezer

I have actually built and maintained several solar electric whole house photo voltaic systems.

I had one 24 volt (8 L16 batteries) that I had for 16 years and the batteries were still "in the blue" or operational. I did take good care of the batteries however due to the cost and the remote location. I used an inverter that capable of 6000 watt max. 110v.

My point was that to build a whole house system for a modern house by code or equivalent and have it capable of supplying 1500 kwh /month (average household) plus charge you electric vehicle you would need a very large (unsightly) aray, plus all the equipment that would cost you in excess of $30,000 (few people are capable of self installation). At 6% interest I think the payments on that would be about $600 /mo.

You can buy electricity at about 1/3 that price from your utility.

I appreciate the charger info, I'll look into it as I have another system planned for later this year.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
For anybody paying attention, the automobile has been the key component in making us all slaves to the system. Most of our liberty, money, and time have been taken away by the automobile.

Anytime you get on a public road in a vehicle, under our current system, you essentially surrender your rights in order to operate your vehicle on a public road. Yes, there are safety reasons behind these laws, but is an extremely convenient way for the PTB to take away our rights.

With planned obsolescence, most people wind up buying new cars every five years. If you are buying an average vehicle, that would be about $25K every five years on purchase price alone. In thirty years you have spent close to $200k on vehicles with nothing to show for that expense, then of course there is full coverage insurance, interest on the loan, and of course upkeep.

Besides cost, we must also have roads, and places to park these vehicles, which has lead to suburban sprawl. This has lead to our spending more and more time in our vehicles driving around the large areas our communities now occupy. This has also lead to increased cost of housing, longer and longer commutes, having to drive our kids to activities, all of which pours money into the profits of oil companies, banks, insurance companies, and automotive companies.

Why do we need batteries and hydrogen systems when it would make more sense to plug into the grid when we drive, rather than depend on charging our vehicles, or buying hydrogen? Pay into the system for the power usage, and then we could save a lot of up front money by not having to buy big expensive batteries or hydrogen safety systems.

A big important point that people don't see is that electric motors are extremely easy to maintain, and have very long life spans, especially in relation to the automobile. With the development of frequency drives, there is no need for brushes, which means the only thing that will wear out is the bearings, as they are the only moving parts on the motor, and they will last a very long time. Even the frequency drives will last a long time. You could cheaply refurbish the vehicle every five years, instead of having to buy a whole new vehicle. Your vehicle could actually be like an investment. Not only that, but refurbishing vehicles would be a highly marketable business for small businesses.

Then we could use computers to navigate through the system, developing a rail system for personal owned rail cars, which means that people wouldn't have to drive. All you would have to do is plug in the destination, get onto the system, and then while traveling, you could do what ever you wanted to do, work, help your kids with their homework, surf the net, exercise, whatever. All that commuting time would become personal time.

In addition, there would be no need for traffic cops. Your driving would be controlled by the system, so there would be no need for cops going around making sure everyone was following the rules. There would be no need for traffic stops to issue safety citations.

There is only one reason I see that such a system would not be built, and that is because the PTB, the NWO, or more accurately, the CWO, big oil companies, insurance, and banking institutions, not to mention our current police state, would not want such a system, because it would allow us to escape from their slavery.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by plumranch
My point was that to build a whole house system for a modern house by code or equivalent and have it capable of supplying 1500 kwh /month (average household) plus charge you electric vehicle you would need a very large (unsightly) aray, plus all the equipment that would cost you in excess of $30,000 (few people are capable of self installation). At 6% interest I think the payments on that would be about $600 /mo.

Nano-solar cells at $1 a watt should drastically reduce that price. When it's available, I'll definitely put together a decent system. Ever notice that many oil companies are the manufactures of a lot of these panels.

reply to post by poet1b

That would require a huge infrastructure, as it's hard enough building a train through a city. You would also be at the mercy of the grid, and also it's failures as it's loaded down. Perhaps this could be done with wireless power, where you could at least have some freedom to go where you please, like off-road, but as like Jp Morgan stated, you can't put a meter on wireless power. You also have to factor in the billions of cars on the road now, and how to make the transition.

I think a lot of people use the excuse that solar energy can't provide enough for the populations needs, but if the people were to each have their own solar systems on their rooftops, it would be more than enough rather than 1 huge centralized array transferring and selling that power to thousands of people.

Take a look at this which is already being produced. I think if this was introduced into the U.S. right now, it would leave the prius in the dust as far as sales.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Freezer

I think we could put in system cheaper than it costs us to build roads. The key would be to put in an elevated system over our current existing road infrastructure. A rail system to support personal vehicles could be built a lot lighter weight than current rail systems. Eventually, as the new system would become the dominant way that people travel, usage of our roads would drop, and they would stop being the barriers they currently are to pedestrian travel.

Our power grid would have to be beefed up, but there is no reason this couldn't be done, better, more economically efficient than gas distribution, and less environmentally costly than gasoline production. In addition, we would no longer be dependent on foreign oil, and all the huge military costs of keeping the oil flowing. If it wasn't for the amount of oil the U.S. imports, we wouldn't have a trade deficit.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   

I however use a bedini motor to charge my batteries off solar, because the bedini motor will make the batteries last a very long time, as it doesn't brute force charge it.
reply to post by Freezer

I wasn't able to find what was unique about the Bedini charging technique. Do you know? What is a bedini motor vs the bedini charger seen on his website?

The Bedini chargers cost from $200 for a small model to $1600 a heavy duty charger.

Here's what I did to maintain my lead acid batteries that made it 16 years:
-avoid deep cycling (running the batter below 30%)
-maintain the charge control at the upper end near 13.6v for 12v system and 27.2 for 24 v. systems.
-equalize 3-4 X/yr. (run it up to 15v or 30 v and maintain for an hour)
- keep water levels high using distilled water.
-slow solar charging is much preferred to fast generator charging.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Oh wait but wouldn't it be awesome when we run out of fossil fuels or have to pay $100 a gallon? And when global warming makes it impossible for most of us to live?

Oh wait I forgot global warming isn't real.

And that there really isn't a problem with using gasoline. /sarcasm

You do know that people compound cars all the time and maybe we should just stop MAKING them so harmful to the environment in the first place.

Which is kind of the point of electric car research.

Propose a better solution and get it on the market and we'll talk. But right now this is a REALLY good idea.

And people are still out there buying Hummers. So all bets are off. But this is a step in the right direction.

[edit on 4/21/2009 by ravenshadow13]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join