It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Electric Cars Are Only Another Scam

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Think what would happen if everybody threw out their gas burning cars and bought electric cars.

You would pay increasing rates for electricity.

You would swim in battery acids leaking out of landfills.

You can think of other stuff...

If you think you would "save money" by using an electric car you are crazy. Why would the people in charge want to circulate fewer dollars? Spending more and more is the name of the game, not spending less. Oh sure, you will be told that the electric car is nice to the environment, but that is a lie. Surely you can figure it out.

The entire world is limited. The game is to win at the expense of others who lose. Stop whining. Start winning.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by THX-1138
Think what would happen if everybody threw out their gas burning cars and bought electric cars.

You would pay increasing rates for electricity.

You can think of other stuff...

If you think you would "save money" by using an electric car you are crazy. Why would the people in charge want to circulate fewer dollars? Spending more and more is the name of the game, not spending less. Oh sure, you will be told that the electric car is nice to the environment, but that is a lie. Surely you can figure it out.

The entire world is limited. The game is to win at the expense of others who lose. Stop whining. Start winning.

You can essentially boil the whole arguement down to, you're damned if you do, and your damned if you dont.

Why?

Because that's how the world has been designed by greedy people. If there was no battery supression, and people were given access to free energy everything that humans produced would be run on electricity.

If that electricity were free, imagine the implications. The entire world with electricity, and every machine we use running for free. The costs of everything would plummet as we got closer to their true value. Imagine how many things you buy everyday have been subject to some sort of fuel tax. The old saying, that if you got it, a truck brought it, is still very applicable.

Free energy would cut the cost of living to a fraction of what it is today.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by THX-1138

It doesn't boil down to money friend, it boils down to the environment, although we don't make that giant carbon footpring they'd like us to believe, it's still a matter of actually living lives that aren't based on mass consuming.

Having electric cars provides a clean alternative to our dwindling supply of fossil fuels among other things. And batteries and easily disposed of, obviously not to be left around to leak in landfills.

We can't say no to everything proposed to us and chalk it up to conspiracy, that's just ridiculous. The price of electricity will no longer be a factor if we go green because it will only cost the price of building the network of solar,wind and geothermal plants to create the electricity we would need. If anything it would be pennies compared to what we pay now, so long as the right people were running the show.

Come on now, why is everybody turning on everything in this place nowadays, sure there are plenty of thigns they are destroying us over, but the idea of alternative energies and living "green" is a GOOD idea, regardless of who proposes it.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Having electric cars provides a clean alternative to our dwindling supply of fossil fuels among other things.

Lol electric cars will be mostly powered by coal for the next twenty years at least, probably more like 30-50 unfortunately. Oil burns cleaner than coal and always will. Electric cars before widespread nuclear, wind, and solar is putting the cart before the horse.

I think the big helpful thing for the next ten years is going to be small vehicles and motorcycles. Cheap stuff that gets you around. I think cities will have to designate some roads just for motorcycles, scooters, that Gm/segway collaboration, etc. That Tata Nano would sell in the US if there were 'light traffic only' roads.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by 11andrew34

What are you talking about. ELECTRIC means electricity, not coal powered? Where did you get such a ridiculous notion?

And how do you propose we make a car that is powered on coal that you don't have to have a fire going and keep throwing coal in there? That doesn't make any sense what so ever.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   

The price of electricity will no longer be a factor if we go green because it will only cost the price of building the network of solar,wind and geothermal plants to create the electricity we would need. If anything it would be pennies compared to what we pay now, so long as the right people were running the show.
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I've been working with alternative systems for more than 25 years now and look forward to putting more and better systems.

But I am a realist. Alternative energy generally costs MORE not less. It is a luxury to have and operate at the level of todays technology. Only a few applications make economic or environmental sense.

The worst is perhaps solar electric. Its benifits are greatly exagerated and anyone including the anoited Barack who thinks we all need to invest are blowing smoke. They are inefficient, they are hugely expensive and per KWH you will be paying 3 to 4 times what you can buy it for from your power company.

Windmills? There are windmills all over the countryside near my brothers farm. Many people think they are ugly, kill birds, are a menace to aircraft and then don't produce much power. The ones in that part of Iowa produce only 1200 megawatts when the wind blows and it can stop blowing in an hour. You CAN'T store that electricity efficiently or cheaply so you're dead in the water. They won't have the storage problem solved for a generation.

Feel warm and fuzzy, go into orgasmic superlatives regarding alternatives if you like, the fact remains that we get our power by burning carbon fuels now, alternatives are significantly less than 10% of power used, are not nearly as "green" as proponants say and if we get to 10% overall by 2020 we will be doing quite well. You want clean power? Go nuclear like the French!

Having said all that I have one system that does make sense and that's ground source heat pumps. Ie. pump the heat out of the soil in your yard. You can heat a large house in a northern climate for less than a $100 a month however the cost of installation will stop most people. You'd probably need to take out a 2nd mortgage to pay the $20,000 plus for the system. I was able to put one of these systems in and it works great.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   

reply to post by 11andrew34

What are you talking about. ELECTRIC means electricity, not coal powered? Where did you get such a ridiculous notion?

And how do you propose we make a car that is powered on coal that you don't have to have a fire going and keep throwing coal in there? That doesn't make any sense what so ever.

~Keeper

HAHAHA, and where do you think the electricity comes from? The air? Nah, mainly coal for the moment.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by king9072

Yes I understand that concept, his post simply implied the cars themselves would be powered by coal.

It seemed a bit silly to be, which is why I asked.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
You put solar power on your house.

You come home, plug your car into your solar powered house. You are not paying a dime.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Which led me to read up about how to overcome this problem. Turns out there is a viable recycling process for harmful batteries. Of course as with all recycling suggestions there is always the debate on those who will use it and those who will not, or do not want to. If we all had electric cars though, I speculate that laws would have to be introduced to enforce recycling of harmful batteries to decrease any potential environmental footprint. (Yes I know all the fancy phrases).

There will be positive and negative arguments for any choice we make. I think the term Clean when we refer to electric cars is very misleading. It is really just referring to the fact that smoke is not going to be blowing out of it (I assume). It doesn't make it clear that there are still environmental factors that are concerning, but perhaps "invisible".

But viable alternatives for decreasing the harmful emissions appears to be the number one focus for the day. If only we could think of each solution to an immediate problem in terms of potential long-term effects.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

You come home, plug your car into your solar powered house. You are not paying a dime.

Think about if you could instead use a renewable, clean energy source such as geothermal.

In that case, there's unlimited (relatively speaking), pollution free energy. Then charge every home, $1.00 annually, $2.00 for offices, $3.00 for factories. This money goes into building electrical infrastructure and maintaining lines.

Clean power. Cheap power. Jobs created. No need to produce 100's of millions of solar panels. Win win win WIN.

[edit on 13-4-2009 by king9072]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by king9072

Originally posted by nixie_nox

Think about if you could instead use a renewable, clean energy source such as geothermal.

In that case, there's unlimited (relatively speaking), pollution free energy. Then charge every home, $1.00 annually, $2.00 for offices, $3.00 for factories. This money goes into building electrical infrastructure and maintaining lines.

Clean power. Cheap power. Jobs created. No need to produce 100's of millions of solar panels. Win win win WIN.

[edit on 13-4-2009 by king9072]

I totally agree, Geothermal is the way to go. The most bang for your buck IMHO.

Then again woulnt' they need to built in places where thermal energy was abundant? That might produce a construction problem, perhaps even some dangers?

I'm not an expert in this field, anybody want to elaborate on the pros/cons?

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Wrong!

A gasoline fueled car costs $1,200 to run one year and emits 6.5 tons of carbon. The BYD model E3 (on display at the Detroit Auto Show) electric costs $400 and adds 4 tons of carbon. Its batteries are not electrolyte batteries, but lithium based.

Get facts. They outperform the Toyota and GM versions and cost less. They are sold in Africa and Asia.

Deny Ignorance!

jw

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Magnetics is also very popular. Japan recently created a magnetic powered motorcycle. No waste, no harm done. Just beautiful magnets.

There is more to magnets than people think. Just have to know how to use em'.

[edit on 13-4-2009 by DEM0N]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
So perhaps the answer is to create a car that is capable of generating it's own energy, so we wouldnt have to rely on some big company.

For example, (just an example) an electric car that recharges using solar power. As far as I know they don't have this. It would move us away from oil and it would keep us from relying on the elecric company as it would essentially recharge it self.

I understand that solar power may or may not be the best way to recharge an electric car, but the point is that there are ways to make the electric car idea work, with out having to rely on some big conglomerate that would just raise prices on us.

We just have to be inventive. We dont have to rely on the oil OR electric companies. That is the trick. creating a car that is capable of recharing it self.

I am curious. Do we have cars out that do this? I don;t recall seeing them.... Anybody know?

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
How about Build Your Own Electric Vehicle...

I have seen some one done that..Just find this related: Build Your Own Electric Vehicle

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Then again woulnt' they need to built in places where thermal energy was abundant? That might produce a construction problem, perhaps even some dangers? I'm not an expert in this field, anybody want to elaborate on the pros/cons?

Geothermal (meaning tapping into a hot geothermal ground source) has a couple problems. First you need to buy the sight and move there. Then you go to your banker and borrow the 50 to $100,000 needed to tap in. Most sources have minerals or are corrosive so maintenance will be an ongoing problem.

Ground source heat pumps are much more practical, the technology is on the shelf now, all you need is $20,000 and a very large yard!

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by DEM0N
Magnetics is also very popular. Japan recently created a magnetic powered motorcycle. No waste, no harm done. Just beautiful magnets.

There is more to magnets than people think. Just have to know how to use em'.

[edit on 13-4-2009 by DEM0N]

Do you have anymore information or a link to this "magnetic powered" motorcycle? It sounds interesting and I'd like to learn more. I did search but unsuccessfully.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297

Wrong!

A gasoline fueled car costs $1,200 to run one year and emits 6.5 tons of carbon. The BYD model E3 (on display at the Detroit Auto Show) electric costs $400 and adds 4 tons of carbon. Its batteries are not electrolyte batteries, but lithium based.

jw

One you put 60 million electric cars on the road and the electric cost will no longer be $400.
This can be seen by history look at propane power cars in the 1970s-80s
the price tripled for propane within a few years and has never dropped even though the use of propane is rare in cars now.
that will mean the only way to support electric cars is large scale nuclear power. wind and solar will not supply this large amount.

Two there is not enough lithium out there.
gm-volt.com...

Plus you do not mine lithium in small mines with little disturbance, mining lithium is a very environmentally dirty and and with very large mines.
www.nytimes.com...
www.guardian.co.uk...
www.autobloggreen.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   

reply to post by king9072

Yes I understand that concept, his post simply implied the cars themselves would be powered by coal.

It seemed a bit silly to be, which is why I asked.

~Keeper

Ah ic where the mistake could come in, considering coal powered are in such heavy use, and there so much speculation for future production of them.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join