It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Homeland Security Threat Assessment Labels Gun Owners Potential Terrorists

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Secret Homeland Security Threat Assessment Labels Gun Owners Potential Terrorists

www.prisonplanet.com

A Department of Homeland Security intelligence assessment equates gun owners with violent terrorists and states that radical extremists are “stockpiling” weapons in fear of an Obama administration gun ban. This newly uncovered document is just the latest in a long sordid line of training manuals in which the federal government characterizes millions of American citizens as potentially violent terrorists who are a threat to law enforcement.

The document is entitled Rightwing Extremism: Current Economic and Political Climate Fueling Resurgence in Radicalization and Recruitment (PDF link) and was released just a few days ago. The paper is labeled Law Enforcement Sensitive and states, “No portion of the LES information should be released to the media, the general public, or over non-secure Internet servers. Release of this information could adversely affect or jeopardize investigative activities.” However, probably as a result of a concerned whistleblower, the secret document has been leaked to the Internet.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 13-4-2009 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
LOL

I can't even say I'm surprised anymore.

With the idiocy these gestapo goons have been displaying towards citizens of this country over the past 7 years, this seems to be par for the course.

Seems to go right hand in hand with the rest of big brothers labeling of DISSENTERS as terrorists and "radicalists" that have been popping up on all of these bills and "lists" they are accumulating.

The paranoia being displayed by these fascists is borderlining on completely pychopathic...

www.prisonplanet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
This has been brought up before, this Missouri Information Analysis Centre (MIAC) brought up a similiar report, not too long ago:
www.foxnews.com...

Here's the report in it's entirety:
www.firearmscoalition.org...

Now before you jump the gun (ho-ho!) and assume this is just another measure aimed at pacifying the sheeple, these reports aren't entertaining the notion that any ordinary gun owners could be considered "militia members" (although I'm sure Fox News would jump on that story in a heartbeat), rather it's talking more about right-wing, anti-authoritarian, American paramilitary groups like the former "Michigan Militia" whom Timothy McVeigh was associated with.

It seems to be focused on classifying 'die hard' gun-owners from traditional right-wing states in the Bible Belt as potential militia members, rather than focusing on gun owners as a whole.

THAT being said...

American paramilitaries certainly maybe a viable threat to a Democratic government (or government in general) but this report is just too draconian to be useful, it's far too general and stereotypical and is eerily reminiscent of the Patriot Act's equating of dissent with treason.

Not to mention it's letting the government classify anyone and everyone as a potential traitor/dissident/communist/revolutionary simply based on whether they own guns or not.

Which is just plain unfair and a classic case of judging books by their covers.

[edit on 13/4/09 by The Godfather of Conspira]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
How funny that gun owners are a threat to the government yet we where granted our "God given" right to have them (amongst other reasons) to have as a tool to fight tyranny.

When I am branded a terrorist by owning a gun, I know my government has overstepped its bounds. PERIOD.

They are right to be afraid.....They have a habit of creating enemies.

Besides; we THE PEOPLE have more guns than they do and no tank or bomber can operate forever without supplies.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by The Godfather of Conspira

Um, no, I read the report. It is much more broad in it's accusatory tone. Example: Those buying quantities of ammunition are considered to be hoarding or preparing for violence.

Do NOT simply dismiss, out of hand, the danger that reports like these pose to our freedoms. Please read, in its entirety, the whole report and then you will see what I mean.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

The liberal left including the media isn't getting the message. They have ignored the Tea Party movement. They don't understand the issues, they can't understand why we aren't all holding hands and singing Cum Bye Ya to the annoited leader.

Pelosi and Reid's safest and best approach would be to steer completely clear of the gun control issue as that will be a trouble spot as long as they are in the leadership position. But the bull headed Pelosi keeps asking for trouble with her gun grabbing retoric.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   

So I guess I'm a terrorist now. Too bad because I don't know or associate with any other terrorists. So if something happens I'm on my own. Oh well all I can say is don't come looking for my weapons and I won't bother you and yours. Stick to screwing up security procedures at airports and border crossings and mind your own business. DoHS I'd rather have Mr. Magoo running the operation. As for Pelosi and other bleeding hearts wait till something happens to you then ask yourselves if trying to ban guns is a good idea.

[edit on 13-4-2009 by Beach Bum]

[edit on 13-4-2009 by Beach Bum]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Well, That's ridiculous isn't it? - but of course they will say it's for the peoples own good and for security. It's not though, as we all know. Pretty soon people will be labeled terrorists for owning a fork, spoon, and knife

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
So people with ammo and stocking up to protect themselves from these control freaks are now calling them terrorist? I could of swore the word terrorist was never a part of a persons vocabulary until 2001. Seems to me that Homeland is getting very paranoid at this time and age.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
There are so many laws on the books to make anyone trying to make a living a criminal, lets see......

Did you sneeze? Yes. We are going to have to charge you with germ warfare.

Did you change your socks this morning?, No. you are fined $500.00 for polluting the air i breath.

Did you just fart?, yes. that's a double fine and one year in the penitentiary.

When does it ever stop!!!!.

What rock did these people slither from.

If they want my guns they are going to have to find them first. good luck!!!

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
They do this because it's the only way they can get LEO's to back them up and agree with disarming the citizens.

They can't allow citizens concerned with keeping their 2nd amendment rights, for more reasons than one, to be seen as patriotic. They must be viewed as terrorists, as a domestic enemy so they (leo's) will feel justified when they obey the orders to disarm the public.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Maybe they should rename it to something like 'Weapons of mass destruction' because that's what it will be if they continue with this gun grab idea of theirs.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   

(The most simple answer I can think of.)

"Potential"

Everyone has it, but it's not something that determines who or what someone is or will be.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Dimensional Detective is always on the ball.

You are worthy of a Medal for Peace, if there was one.

Yes, the NWO are scrambling.

Their Foolery has caught up with them.

They are as an Emperor with No clothes.

They still have a choice.

May they choose the right option.....for their 'own' sake.

They are quite outnumbered and their 'cloak' has caught Fire.

Oh, the tragedy of it all.

Fools always outwit themselves in their End.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   
all gun owners are considered to be terrorists by the mans standards ,maybe because we the people are getting a little sick and tired of the mans lying thieving crap. we are getting stuck with the tax bills for huge corporations that ran their businesses into the ground and could not save for a rainy day even though they made billions profit for years and all of this money disappeared into thin air.also getting stuck with the bill for the gross mismanagement of the banking system by the bankers,who have been raping the people with insane interest rates of 25% compounded on plastic or it works out to $10 payed off the principal and $90 dollars in interest, military spending which has gone through the roof.it is no wonder that we are getting a little hot under the collar.and all the man has done is turn a blind eye to the PEOPLE OF ALL NATIONS ,WERE THEY NOT ELECTED TO OFFICE FOR US BY US TO REPRESENT US .it seems that we the people cant BRIBE the man as we have very little left while the rich continue to profit off of our labor and we the people only get poorer to fed the few wealthy,and the mans folly.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   
We knew it was coming, but nobody did anything so now its official all of you gun owners are terrorist. So what? what do you do now?

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by picrat

Well, actually, alot of that money went to build their secret underground bunkers to hide in before you were to be destroyed.

Could that be an act of 'humanity'?

I think not, therefor they are not to be treated as such.

Better buy the ammo before it's all gone.

Tick Tock....no more shot.

Ammo will we worth more than gold in short order.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
reply to post by The Godfather of Conspira

Um, no, I read the report. It is much more broad in it's accusatory tone. Example: Those buying quantities of ammunition are considered to be hoarding or preparing for violence.

Do NOT simply dismiss, out of hand, the danger that reports like these pose to our freedoms. Please read, in its entirety, the whole report and then you will see what I mean.

I agree totally, congress dismissed also and now we have the Patriot Act 2 and there's nothing patriotic about it. It seems (if you read into it) this is also an affirmation that they are after the internet. They claim that it is a way for extremists to coordinate strikes and this is what makes it more dangerous. I heard that they were going to "restructure" the internet and that all data would first go through Motorola servers and sites like this would be no more.This, of course, might call for a large grid-based failure of the electrical system in America, which was tested not too long ago and blamed on Canada. Essentially they would control ALL free thought on the internet and there would be no P2P or conspiracy sites...only business and gov't control over content.When Motorola says something doesn't go through, it doesn't go through.Anyone want to expound on these theories?

[edit on 14-4-2009 by sinister_scarecrow]

[edit on 14-4-2009 by sinister_scarecrow]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Well if gun owners are terrorists Then home land security better watch out because there are more terrorists than there are military and police in this country.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   
ATTENTION Home land security. I am going to buy another 1,000 rounds of ammo today. Just because I can and to piss you off.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join