It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Homeland Security Threat Assessment Labels Gun Owners Potential Terrorists

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by rjmelter
the government thrives on intelligent people thinking for themselves

That is perhaps one of the finest examples of an OXYMORONIC statement that I have EVER seen!

Originally posted by rjmelter
They have to remain in power to control our world, We are a threat to Universal order because we are only a new species and we are like the phoenix, destructive yet beautiful...

Please describe in detail how "humanity" could possibly be ANY THREAT WHATSOEVER to "Universal order"???

The universe was here long before us and will be doing quite fine when humanity is nothing more than dust floatin' round the stars.

Since you have been kind enough to "enlighten" us as to the truth about governments' ultimate role in the grand scheme of things I wish to offer for your consideration, a quote upon which you may feel free to meditate...

"The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them"~ Mark Twain

[edit on 14-4-2009 by Snisha]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
What I'm going to say is probably going to be unpopular around these parts, but I feel like I should speak my piece all the same.

I have a question for those of you who are so outraged by this.

Why is it so unreasonable to assume that an individual who is stockpiling guns and ammunition could, potentially, become somebody who some people would label a 'terrorist'?

I understand the need to have firearms for home security and for hunting and sport shooting and the like, and I'm not adverse to owning a collection of guns. I myself have access to a number of firearms in the event of a serious situation, so I'm very much not a gun grabber or anything of the sort.

But frankly I'm a Canadian, I'm not preparing myself for any sort of violent revolution or paramilitary activities.

It just seems reasonable to me that a paramilitary group preparing for some sort of violent action would be stockpiling guns and ammunition.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Federal agency warns of radicals on right

www.washingtontimes.com...

I am sorry I have not read through all the post but I thought this might look also suspicious, looks like we are being set up.
Dangerous veterans?

Coming home.

Right wing radicals.

This should include old women sitting in church.

The link seems to be down.

[edit on 113030p://bTuesday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
You damn right we are potential terrorists. After witnessing what is currently transpiring it's obvious that our gov't isn't by or for the people. Obama may change things, but i seriously doubt that. Uncle Sam is about protecting those elitists and keeping those morons in power. The gov't IS the reason why i won't turn in my heat even if i had it.

"The tree of liberty is watered by the blood of patriots and tyrants". Can't remember who said that, hehe.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by cenpuppie
You damn right we are potential terrorists. After witnessing what is currently transpiring it's obvious that our gov't isn't by or for the people. Obama may change things, but i seriously doubt that. Uncle Sam is about protecting those elitists and keeping those morons in power. The gov't IS the reason why i won't turn in my heat even if i had it.

"The tree of liberty is watered by the blood of patriots and tyrants". Can't remember who said that, hehe.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is it's natural manure..." Thomas Jefferson, 1817

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4e165d0c53b1.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/60c6ced2c832.jpg[/atsimg]

Hehe... Edit: slipped in my old avatar... the blood of a patriot... Me.

[edit on 14/4/09 by cbianchi513]

[edit on 14/4/09 by cbianchi513]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
You want to her something really scary? I post all over the net about revolution and anarchy. I was talking to my sister on the phone and we were discussing this thread. The call suddendly went dead. Neither one of us was in a dead spot or had low signal. When I tried calling her back I got a recorded message that the person was no longer a subscriber to this service. She tried calling me back with the same result. This happened about 10 munites ago. I wonder if that was big brother? The phones are fine now. We were discussing the need to find somewhere other than Walmart to buy ammo since Walmart where we live sells out of ammo for any gun in about an hour after they stock the shelves.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Monger

A paramilitary group or maybe an investor looking to capitalize off of gun-ban hysteria. A couple friends of mine went out and got some evil black rifles and a couple cases of ammo right after the election. They're still all sealed. They have no intention of fighting in some uprising. Very few of us here do. We're figure on going on with our rural lives and let the sucker in densely populated areas go off and have their fantasy battle. These guys bought them up because since the election they've increased about 30% in value and will go ever higher as long as the fed thinks controlling the lives of the serfs is its primary mission.

In any case, isnt this profiling? I thought profiling would summon the mystical powers of the ACLU? I guess the official description doesnt include some racial or economic qualifier that the ACLU would see as beneficial to exploit so it's going to sit this one out.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by cbianchi513

Ah, thanks cbianchi513 i knew i had it wrong but the context is the same!

The way things stand now however, i do think it's for the NWO to roll out the welcome wagon cuz its obvious to us (everyone on ATS) that they (America in general) have no idea of what freedom is, its requirements, nor the balls to fight for it.

When people start showing up in FEMA concentration camps for "re-education" then maybe people will choose not to remain ignorant anymore. You know what they say, a hit dog will always barks..its time for this dog to get sideswipped.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Snisha

Why give afraid kids weapons? Why give ignorant humans deadly weapons? Maybe if they were intelligent enough to survive on their own they wouldn't need deadly force to survive... drrrr

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Just to clarify for you folks. I have weapons... I know how to use them, i am exmilitary with an expert marksman badge... If any of you paranoid people think you need a weapon because it is your human right to be able to kill who you need so your ignorant @## can survive... you better rethink coming anywhere near me. I beleive in protecting myself, but i dont believe violence is the anwser to our problems. Violence is just proof that humans have a long ways to go until they are ready for the next life.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
with new websites popping up every day talking about the constitution and freedom I'm surprised it took them this long to get paranoid.The people are finally starting to get tired of a government by the politicians,for the corporations,by the federal reserve bank.I don't even own a gun,guess I better think about getting one or two.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by secretagent woooman
reply to post by kozmo

Exactly. Gun owners are logical targets, they do have the weaponry!

I'd fear them quicker than say, pe shooters or people who like to hoard and throw old potatoes....

Fear them for what????

You most likely have quite a few gun owners around you and probably as friends and co-workers and you'd never even know it. Nor would you have anything to fear.

In my meager years on this planet I have found that the biggest flakes I've ever known (and worried about going postal) were the tree hugers and peace freaks. Not the "Right-wingers" as the report defines them.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Just another piece of history to consider. I think it's relevant today...

An excerpt from Declaration of the Causes and Necessity of Taking Up Arms, Continental Congress, 6JUL1775.

...We have counted the cost of this contest, and find nothing so dreadful as voluntary slavery. Honor, justice, and humanity, forbid us tamely to surrender that freedom which we received from our gallant ancestors, and which our innocent posterity have a right to receive from us. We cannot endure the infamy and guilt of resigning succeeding generations to that wretchedness which inevitably awaits them, if we basely entail hereditary bondage upon them.

Our cause is just. Our union is perfect. Our internal resources are great, and, if necessary, foreign assistance is undoubtedly attainable. We gratefully acknowledge, as signal instances of the Divine favour towards us, that his Providence would not permit us to be called into this severe controversy, until we were grown up to our present strength, had been previously exercised in warlike operation, and possessed of the means of defending ourselves, With hearts fortified with these animating reflections, we most solemnly, before God and the world, declare, that, exerting the utmost energy of those powers, which our beneficent Creator hath graciously bestowed upon us, the arms we have been compelled by our enemies to assume, we will, in defiance of every hazard, with unabating firmness and perseverance, employ for the preservation of our liberties; being with our [one] mind resolved to dye Free men rather than live Slaves.

Lest this declaration should disquiet the minds of our friends and fellow subjects in any part of the empire, we assure them that we mean not to dissolve that Union which has so long and so happily subsisted between us, and which we sincerely wish to see restored. Necessity has not yet driven us into that desperate measure, or induced us to excite any other nation to war against them. We have not raised armies with ambitious designs of separating from Great Britain, and establishing independent states. We fight not for glory or for conquest. We exhibit to mankind the remarkable spectacle of a people attacked by unprovoked enemies, without any imputation or even suspicion of offence. They boast of their privileges and civilization, and yet proffer no milder conditions than servitude or death.

In our own native land, in defence of the freedom that is our birth right, and which we ever enjoyed till the late violation of it for the protection of our property, acquired solely by the honest industry of our fore fathers and ourselves, against violence actually offered, we have taken up arms. We shall lay them down when hostilities shall cease on the part of the aggressors, and all danger of their being renewed shall be removed, and not before.

With an humble confidence in the mercies of the supreme and impartial Judge and Ruler of the universe, we most devoutly implore his divine goodness to protect us happily through this great conflict, to dispose our adversaries to reconciliation on reasonable terms, and thereby to relieve the empire from the calamities of civil war.

By order of Congress,

JOHN HANCOCK,
President.

Attested,

CHARLES THOMSON,
Secretary.

Thought you all might enjoy this little bit of reading... Suprised I haven't seen it on ATS at all yet.

Very important, and relevant. If you read the entire document:
www.icitizenforum.com...

the reader may find it interesting to take liberties substituting the involved parties.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I get the feeling that civil war or the beginnings of civil war in this country is just around the corner. Consider the recent tea party events....growing. Now there are rumblings that ACORN and similar liberal groups will try to upstage or interfere with these.

I can see the clashes starting, small at first, then more organized. I see the movement to nullify Obama's presidency due to his "citizenship" growing and pulling in more and more people, especially those of the military who refuse to follow orders from an inelligible commander in chief.

I see the rise of an anti-Obama para-military force. I see the seccession of several states due to actions by the federal government and its inability to reconcile itself to the legitimacy of the 10th ammendment.

As much as I try to avoid doom and gloom, it is becomming more apparent that we are being made to chose sides.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freenrgy2

As much as I try to avoid doom and gloom, it is becomming more apparent that we are being made to chose sides.

Yup.

Just choose liberty and you'll be alright. Not liberty as defined by a "side" but real liberty.

The (D) who seeks to restrict your freedom with taxation, regulation and bans is no more your friend than the (R) who tries to legislate his own view of morality or perpetuate war for the sake of empire. They both hate you.

We're all born free then spend the rest of our lives building the cage we die in.

It's high time we stop doing that to ourselves.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   

I'm confident that before this 4 year term is over that will be a gun ban! Not only that but an ammo regulation.

Here is more info on coded ammo or serialized ammo, that requires ID and a Federal database.

The dates may be off a bit but it's well in the process. Up for review again this 2009-2010 session.

It will make criminals out of all the good citizens, that dont destroy their uncoded ammo. Can you believe it.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freenrgy2

If you want to take the long-term view (as I tend to), it appears as if this has been in the works for quite some time. Americans get divided more and more every day, and have been for years. These divisions never seem to blur much and definitely have gotten more and more rigid. Every day in the media, in the courts, and through political process and policy, we are divided by race, class, religion, political affiliation, sexuality, eastcoast/westcoast, Coke/Pepsi, red state/blue state, etc. The days of America being the "Great Melting Pot" are long, long gone. Unity is never promoted... not in any sort of serious way.

Certain agendas have been put into place, by both parties, to shatter the nuclear family, destroy the small town, blow away community, etc. Anything that could easily allow groups of people to come together and share a commond bond are now just an illusion or the last, dying gasps of the old way. Instead, familiarity has been replaced by mistrust. Not that long ago, most Americans were born, lived, and died all in the same town. There was a continuity to the American existance. You were surrounded by extended family, and friends and neighbors were the same for generations. New Americans quickly assimilated, yet still comfortably retained their traditions and gathered in ethnic neighborhoods, social clubs and churches.

I think it is no accident that each and every institution that once brought us together has been systematically dismantled and/or discredited, the history of this nation watered down and under-taught, the heroes and founders of the country tarred and soiled... and we may be seeing the culmination of these plans right now. There won't be a Civil War if we can't get along well enough to stand up to tyrrany.

Divide and conquer is the rule of the day... just watch as they shatter the tea-party movement (which they already are doing by branding it 'Republican.')

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld
It will make criminals out of all the good citizens, that dont destroy their uncoded ammo. Can you believe it.

There is a long, long history in the US of criminalizing once quiet and law-abiding citizens:

Gambling
Prostitution
Prohibition
Drug Laws
Seat-belt laws
Helmet laws
Cell-phone bans
Gun laws
these new "food safety" laws

the list can, and will, go on and on...

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Way to stir up the hornets nest Obama,real or imagined there was no real good reason to publish such an inflammatory report. Unless it's to fertilize the seed of discontent rising in America and to set up a false flag action of their own.

Believe it, think it, plan for it but there isn't one good reason to make it publicly known.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
[edit on 14-4-2009 by putnam6]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join