It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another look at the Trinidad Island photographs.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12

In October 1957 the Brazilian Navy set up a small scientific base on the unoccupied island, where oceanographic and meteorological research would be conducted in connection with the International Geophysical Year. Starting early the next month, instrument-bearing weather balloons were launched daily.
They were designed to explode in the upper atmosphere, releasing the instrument packages which would parachute to earth to be retrieved by the researchers.By the end of the month base personnel were reporting silvery UFOs which seemed to be monitoring the balloons’ movements.

I am not so sure about the unoccupied island in 1957, i think Trindadians would have a lot more to say about the above statement.

The American rights to the airfield were obtained via the Destroyers for Bases Agreement in September 1940 when the United States transferred fifty destroyers to Great Britain in exchange for Army and Navy base rights on British possessions in the Americas.
In 1941, Trinidad was alarmed by a large number of Nazi U-Boats prowling of its coastline, intent on disrupting British shipping in the Caribbean Sea, and using the Vichy French controlled island of Martinique as a possible supply facility. Although the first United States Army personnel arrived on Trinidad on 24 April 1941, it was only with the United States' entry into the war in early 1942 that Allied planners decided to counter the Nazi threat by establishing major air and naval facilities on Trinidad.
Waller Army Airfield was activated on 1 September 1941 with the assignment of the 92d Service Group. The unit's mission was to establish a flying facility within the United States Army Fort Read post. The unit consisted of the group's Headquarters, and the 92d Air Base and 309th Material Squadrons. The group was assigned to the Caribbean Air Force.

So as per the attachment, if a MAJOR airforce and naval base was ALREADY set up in trinidad years before this sighting in an "unoccupied" island, is it possible it could have been reverse engineered craft? i suppose so, although i would like to presume that there would be additional data to that story such as scambled fighter planes if such a sighting occured near MAJOR military and Naval bases??? and it certainly is not in the folk tales of the locals for the island being a magnet to UFO's when balloons were sent up into the atmosphere for bursting and then raining back to earth by parachute, (in a populated island like trinidad would have been back then i think this sounds and smells like BS. but who am i to question authenticity? at least we all WANT to BELIEVE its no fake. I'll sit on the fence with this one - jury's out!

And the fact that Trinidad has been a populated island for considerably longer than when the american military arrived in the 1940's i doubt such balloon tests occured in 1957/8 in the manner in which the story states, especially when such a high volume of commercial flying was been carried out around this time

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
OP I think you need to alter your thread spelling as, Trinidad and Trinidade are two seperate islands. and my previous post is totally pointless ---- Doh...... however i am still saying fake...... hehe

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Yes very strange....If you look closely at the right side you will see a 2nd ship at that time they don`t know what aliens are but the government does some say nazis left a ship in a hangar somewhere in Germany.even the 2nd picture there is a tiny ship near the main ship.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

The best cases are pieces of the UFO puzzle. When putting them side by side, the puzzle starts to show a bigger picture. With many excellent cases out there, I wish the mainstream scientists would take a look at the phenomena seriously. Thank you for a look at another great case.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
This particular site has probably the most detailed examination of the photos available:

The Amazing UFO

This guy has really done a lot of work on the subject. Following the links on the page offers even more research.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
A possible explination:

Message from Posid - # 1
Galatril through Aurelia Louise Jones
mslpublishing.com...

Greetings my beloved brothers and sisters!I am Galatril, third-level member of the Council of Posid, beneath Mato Grotto in the country of Brazil. I have been in this position for many of your lifetimes, and I have spent much of my service reaching out to heal the energies of the past.

To read more about it go to:

Atlantis and Lemuria - History

Start on page 44 at the bottom

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

The questions, while reasonable, have no bearing on the truth of falseness of the claims. No, I haven't been outside the planet, nor have I ever seen what ET's drive. This doesn't in any way suggest that the claims are true or credible. The answer would be the same regardless of whether there were any ET's at all. If there were *NO* ET's, then of course I wouldn't know what they drive - they wouldn't be driving anything. If there are ET's, I still wouldn't know what they drive.

A much better question is, what reason is there to conclude that ET's are involved in any way with UFO's? UFO's certainly exist. Some aerial phenomena have not been adequately explained. All that means is that all the known possibilities have been ruled out somehow - it's not a planet, atmospheric phenomenon, or a recognized aircraft. This doesn't show that the phenomenon is extraterrestrial. All it does is show that it's not something we recognize right now. It could be an *unknown* aerial phenomenon, an unknown atmospheric phenomenon, or even an unknown aircraft. Such an aircraft might be unknown because it's a secret military project; or it might be from an ET. But just because we can't put our finger on it exactly, is no evidence that it is extraterrestrial.

Unfortunately, photographic evidence is unreliable. I have a photo showing the Pope holding a bottle of whiskey in one hand, Paris Hilton on his other arm. I'm willing to bet big bucks that photo is a fake, even though it's very convincing. I've also seen a photo of Abraham Lincoln walking in conversation with Margaret Thatcher. Either that photo is a fake, or Lincoln faked his own assassination and somehow managed to live to be about 200 years old. Not saying it *couldn't* happen, but... what's more likely?

I find those incidents where a whole city is affected, hundreds of people seeing something, electrical disturbances, widespread reports throughout the region - that's more convincing. A photo or two? Not so much.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiron613
A much better question is, what reason is there to conclude that ET's are involved in any way with UFO's?

Quite so. There are a lot of other equally good (or bad, depending how you look at it) potential explanations for UFOs. And some of them even better than intelligent critters from other planets. And I'm not talking about misidentifications of black project aircraft or weather, or whatever. There is small but distinct core of UFO reports that, if they're accurate (and it's illogical to assume they're not), mean that something really weird is flying around, interacting with people in strange ways. What exactly that something might be is anybody's guess.

If it's real and not a hoax, because of the odd transparent quality of the "ship," maybe it's some kind of "shadow" or "echo" of a ship from our own future, flashed back in time because of an odd confluence of natural and artificial events. Antimatter engine fields interacting with Earth's magnetic field. Or who knows? Not necessarily aliens.

Just thought I'd add my 2 cents. Again.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup
This particular site has probably the most detailed examination of the photos available:

The Amazing UFO

This guy has really done a lot of work on the subject. Following the links on the page offers even more research.

This thread was written before I joined ATS so I'm late to the party but that link no longer works, and in fact the most recent version in the wayback machine was dated 2004! Here's the wayback machine link for anyone else who might need it:

hxxp://web.archive.org/web/20041022083054/hxxp://www.geociti
es.com/airsmither/trind.htm
replace hxxp with http to get that to work.

And in case that disappears from the wayback machine I'll also post the other links on that page:

This is a quick summary of new work being done on the Trindade Island case. Previous works relevant to what is presented here are:
Martin Powell: homepage.ntlworld.com...
Luis R. Noguez: www.strbrasil.com...
Kentaro Mori: www.strbrasil.com... and www.ceticismoaberto.hpg.ig.com.br...

Thanks for the links, as I wanted to research this case!

[edit on 2-12-2009 by Arbitrageur]

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I've always liked these pictures and backed up by the testimony of the witnesses and the fact that they were initially kept secret by the navy just makes them even more compelling .
Here's a video rundown on the case from the Open Minds archives of Lt Col. Wendell Stevens .

Its easy for people to dismiss this as a hoax but the evidence would seem to suggest otherwise , that doesn't mean it was an Alien space craft but it does remain in the interesting draw for me

Here's the testimony of Jose Viegas....

I was on the deck. My friend Amilar Vieira Filho suddenly called my attention to what he thought to be a ‘big seagull.’ I looked toward it and was unable to control my excitement, shouting: ‘Flying saucer!’ Mr. Barauna was 20 yards away with his Rolleiflex, watching the maneuvers. He heard my shouts and came running—in time to take four pictures of the object. Other people were also alerted by my alarm: a sergeant, sailors, the ship’s dentist (Lieutenant Captain Homero Ribeiro), and other persons. They all sighted the object. The photographer Farias de Azevedo, who was more distant, didn’t come in time to get photos.

The first view was that of a disk shining with a phosphorescent glow, which—even at daylight—appeared to be brighter than the moon. The object was about the apparent size (angular diameter) of the full moon. As it followed its path across the sky, changing to a tilted position, its real shape was clearly outlined against the sky: that of a flattened sphere encircled, at the equator, by a large ring or platform. Its speed was around 700 miles an hour at the moment it disappeared into the horizon.

In a March 3, 1958 memo, the Brazilian Navy would comment on the entire incident. When it came to the negatives, they would state:
Concerning the negatives, they were submitted to examination by the Hydrography and Navigation Department’s technicians and by technicians from the Cruzeiro do Sul erophotgrammetric Service, with the following results:
I—The technician from the Navy’s HND, after examination of the negatives, affirms that they are natural;
II—The technicians from the Cruzeiro do Sul Aerophotogrammetric Service, after microscopic examinations to verify the granulation, analysis of signals, verification of luminosity and details of outlines, affirmed:

There was not any sign of photomontage in the negatives mentioned to, all the evidence indicating they are in fact negatives of an object really photographed
The hypothesis of a photomontage contrived after the sighting is definitely excluded;
It is impossible to prove either the existence or the nonexistence of a previous photomontage, which requires however a high-precision technic and favorable circumstances to its execution. (A.P.R.O.)
home.comcast.net...

Thanks for the thread Karl

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I held out for a long time thinking there was a chance that the Trindade photos were real but I've given up on them. I think there is just to much evidence that the photos were faked. There are just too many holes in the story and a real lack of corroborating testimony from other alleged witnesses.

If we have to resurrect an old Brazilian UFO photo, I think we should rehabilitate this one. It was tossed long ago as a hoax because the shadows were allegedly wrong but I think more recent anaysis has called that into question:

V

top topics

<< 1   >>

join