It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi Court Approves Pedophilia

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
This topic has really got me interested so can yall tell me at what age a person should get married is it 18 ? If 18 is ok what is wrong with 17 and so on and so forth I understand about being to young so what should the age be.

We need to stop blaming just Muslims because this happens in every religion and perhaps some of the people posting from the US don't remember about a year ago in Texas where they raided that compound in the middle of no where with the woman and children where are all the threads about that.

Also I know some people that married young they did not have sexual relations on the wedding day I don't know what happens with every couple but all do not have sex on the day.

Another thing we need to figure out is why was marriage done so young figuring that out could answer many question it may be more than just pedophilia.

As Byrd said it was done by many cultures including Kings as i recall the King of Denmark married the Daughter of the King of Norway or Sweden in which the Kalmar Union was formed and she was not a teen yet.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Well Hey! If it was happening in many countries hundreds of years ago, then what the hell!

And if that's the criteria, then it also used to be fine to kill someone, and just make it across county lines - and you couldn't be touched.

In fact hundreds of years ago, there wasn't much law at all, and you could pretty much do what you wanted!

That's supposed to be a justification?

It happened elsewhere? It happened a couple centuries ago?

So was public hanging, and in territories, the practice of lynching was common enough as well.

No - this isn't something stirred up to make Islam look bad, as Islam can do enough of that all by itself - and is.

This is just an excuse for these sick ****$ to legally do the nasty with children. Female children. If you think Islam treats women like chattel, this treatment of female children is like buying and selling of living property - like animals.

They are evil. Just plain evil, yet they can justify that evil by emulating their pervert prophet.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by The All Seeing I
...i see a difference in liberal versus literal interpretation of "holy" scripture. Who in their right mind follows every word as if it came directly from god's lips? Some pretty deranged people that's who. Mark my words, the fundamentalist fanatics will be the ruin of us all.

Is this your attempt at disdain for religion or religious fundamentalism?

Mind you, there are many who would and could easily point to and assert that it is the "fanatics" that dwell in liberalism, secularism, progressivism, and utopianism, and that will invariably ruin us. Bottom line, it is all perspective, correct?

[edit on 12-4-2009 by Seekerof]

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
oh in the US the pressure is to have sex with somebody, anybody, by the time you hit puberty lol it's everwhere too. i think most of the western and far eastern societies have this type of ......somebody, anybody, type of pressure. not to procreate, but rather to experience for the sake of experience. unfortunately, all it has done is cause unwanted pregnancies and the spread of sexually-transmitted disease. there's something to be said for abstinence or waiting till marriage.

[edit on 12-4-2009 by undo]

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jatsc

This Age of Consent Map, not complete or up to date, but can help gain a bigger picture in comparison:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b45bc3b4cafc.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
Of course the Saudi court system approved pedophilia. They already have a country full of pedophiles, and it's been going on in Saudi Arabia for centuries.

Their Muslim prophet was a pedophile. And encouraged pedoplilia. And rape. And looting. And everything else counter to Judeo/Christian teaching one wishes to compare.

It's hard to condemn something your prophet taught and practiced.

The pervert.

OK mr. Dooper I realised by every post you do that you have something against Muslims but this post you went too far and made a claim which allowed you to disrespect and outright insult approximately 2 billion citizens of this Earth. Calling the Muslim prophet a pedophile is a rediculouse claim the least and I will make you eat your words.

Please provide evidence of you claim. Go back to all those hate sites you visit and bring us the evidence so I can make you eat your words.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Seekerof

I'd much rather live on a planet full of fanatic liberal, secular, progressive, utopians ... any day... these are the types of people who push society to evolve. It's the religious fanatics that are truly dangerous, they are anti-progress, wanting us all to live in the stone-age... and at least with a secular/liberal/progressive/idealist zealot you have a better chance of using logic and references in reality to reason with.

[edit on 12-4-2009 by The All Seeing I]

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by The All Seeing I

I didnt ask what the age of consent was I know it I was asking what do the people posting think it should be

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
"HEY that's DISGUSTING don't marry her she's EIGHT." Because they'll say "So? We've been doing this for thousands of years."

And then we look dumb.

We wont look dumb that means we cant speak. We wont look stupid either. We will look enlightened and right.

My God we do not need the oil that bad. I would rather have our economy go to complete hell boycotting these creep then let this keep happening.

This not only disgusts me it makes me insanely angry. I cannot describe how I strongly I feel about this. Words have no meaning for how I feel about it.

We are morally wrong as a nation for letting this slide one bit. An 8 year old child WTF how could a court let something like that be legal? I would like to snuff the judge and the SOB that married that little girl.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Right but that doesn't include the fact that in many places it doesn't matter if your parents consent for you.

In other news, I don't think this is right, but I don't agree with the fact that waiting until marriage is the way to go either. Because then the issue is, well, exactly that of when to get married. 18? Well, I'm 18, I sure don't want to be married right now. I think it's important to be healthy and see an OBGYN or midwife and I know that being pressured is -not- okay. But I do believe that sexual -repression- is a huge problem among teenagers who are hormonally developed but society is saying yes and no at the same time.

We need to educate kids to do what is right for -them- as individuals, not for anyone else.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

No that is not true at all. Puberty hits between about 11 and ends at about 22. We do not push having sex at the start of puberty.

I dont give a damn if your body is ready or not, the child mind is NOT ready for this. Sure they are able to drink liquor from the time of childhood but is it all something we should allow?

At one time mankind needed to reproduce from a young age to keep the species alive. That went away thousands of years ago and should have stopped thousands of years ago.

I am not one to say this in any case.

Bomb them out of existence and the rest of the worlds culture that allows this will stop. I really dont mean that but I feel better saying it.

State sponsored pedophilia is so much worse than state sponsored terrorism.

Bush should have said you are with us or you are with the pedophiles.

We have such a greed infested morally corrupt government it makes me sick.

Edit to add: Seeing a bit of red right now and I cant even make my point. What I mean by it being in part our Governments fault is we should stop doing business with any country that allows this.

[edit on 12-4-2009 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jatsc

I didnt ask what the age of consent was I know it I was asking what do the people posting think it should be

Sorry to disappoint you jatsc. I am not in the business of conducting surveys, but i did find the map interesting and i thought it might help you get an idea of what the world as a whole thinks the age of consent should be.

In my opinion teenagers shouldn't be tied up with the details of settling down, this is a time in ones life where you need to find yourself and your purpose/direction in life. Besides i don't think anyone is truly ready for marriage until they are in their mid-twenties, but later the better. As for sex, as long as it's safe, consensual and not manipulated... why not?

As far as fool-proof plans/strategies go, abstinence is just not realistic (we have plenty of data to show it doesn't work, it can even back fire), i'd advocate masturbation for tweens and teens. The need is addressed and there is zero chance of anyone getting hurt, unless of course you are doing it wrong. Now you'll probably complain that i gave you "too much information"? ... would you like any fries with that sir?

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
reply to post by undo

At one time mankind needed to reproduce from a young age to keep the species alive. That went away thousands of years ago and should have stopped thousands of years ago.

There should not be a matter of deciding when it was right either its wrong or right period.

If its wrong now it was wrong then the circumstances don't change anything to make something that is wrong acceptable if the species couldn't survive without that than that the species should not have survived or that is apart of the species and it can not be changed.

What if something happen to humanity now and this was the only option is it wrong yes therefore it was wrong then.

[edit on 12-4-2009 by jatsc]

[edit on 12-4-2009 by jatsc]

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by The All Seeing I

I'd much rather live on a planet full of fanatic liberal, secular, progressive, utopians ... any day... these are the types of people who push society to evolve.

Again, a matter of perspective, correct?
As for the claim that liberalism, secularism, progressivism, and utopianism pushes society to evolve, it is more about subjectiveness than objectiveness. Mind you, the defunct and failed international organization known as the U.N. is all apart of that "evolve" mindset. Other like examples can assuredly be put forward to refute your perspective. But hey, I respect your perspective, how respect the perspective of those who may be "fundementalist fanatics," I mean geez, is not tolerance apart of the liberal, secularist, progressive, and utopian creedo?

[edit on 12-4-2009 by Seekerof]

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rob37n
This is sick, the "husband" such as he is should be made to stand in front of a small guillotine, and then the women of the world could hold a lottery for the right to pull the lever. This is one monstrous sick f***** who deserves to have his testicles chopped off and displayed as a warning to others with such sick ideas.

See this is the issue here.

These types of cultures are just codifying normal animal instincts.

The people who practice this aren't sick... they are acting on normal animal instincts which have been unfortunately codified into "norms" by their society.

The problem is, that these practices are not necessary in today's world or "situation". They are outmoded practices which hearken back to the beginnings of Human Civilization, when we were much more lawless and what was then termed civilized, we now understand to be savage.

Please, stop calling these practices sick, simply because you do not like them. Call them for what they are, anachronisms of a bygone world which have no place in today's world. They are simply the same animal instincts you might find in a dog.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
reply to post by undo

No that is not true at all. Puberty hits between about 11 and ends at about 22. We do not push having sex at the start of puberty.

I dont give a damn if your body is ready or not, the child mind is NOT ready for this. Sure they are able to drink liquor from the time of childhood but is it all something we should allow?

I am not one to say this in any case.

Bomb them out of existence and the rest of the worlds culture that allows this will stop. I really dont mean that but I feel better saying it.

State sponsored pedophilia is so much worse than state sponsored terrorism.

Bush should have said you are with us or you are with the pedophiles.

We have such a greed infested morally corrupt government it makes me sick.

Edit to add: Seeing a bit of red right now and I cant even make my point. What I mean by it being in part our Governments fault is we should stop doing business with any country that allows this.

[edit on 12-4-2009 by LoneGunMan]

Well, I agree with all your points and your anger. This is a subject (well any subject involving children) that really gets to me.

And I understand some saying that we can not just go over there and tell them to stop, because of this or that. But something CAN be done about it. The UN could step in (wont happen though). We could break ties with countries that continually have human rights violations, such as this (wont happen though).

Something can be done. But nothing will be done because 1. people make excuses for this (its their custom, it is part of their history, lets just shut up and keep to ourselves) 2. those in authority dont give a rat's arse about children and 3. people feel that if its not happening to me, it just doesnt matter.

Until people can look into their heart and realize WHO the victim is of these disgusting forced marriages and RAPE - then the ridiculous excuses will continue. These are LITTLE GIRLS who should be playing with dolls and catching butterflies and playing dress up. They should NOT be marrying men and being raped by them (forced sex). This should not be acceptable to ANYONE!!! It should disgust every person. Next time you are out in public....and you see a little girl....you (in general) should look at them and imagine that little tiny girl having to marry some man and have sex with them. And I do not believe that once married she will be saved from consumating the marriage. That is BS in my opinion. "Sure, I will marry the little girl, but I promise to not touch her." Whatever!

It just blows me away the excuses people are making for the forced marraige and rape of little girls. Ugh!!

*whew, time to step away - again*

[edit on 4/12/2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

oh yes we do. not officially, of course, but out in society, the push for sex sex sex starts as soon as the hormones to support procreation kick in (and sometimes earlier). as a female,i was propositioned for sex from the time i was 12 years old. the pressure was enormous. i remember telling a friend of mine that i was still a virgin when i was 17 and she was so disgusted by the very thought she quit talking to me or associating with me. it carries a social stigma at the social level. men who are still virgins at that age, are made fun of relentlessly and female virgins are seen as some mountain they must climb!!! "don't buy the shoe till you try it on" "don't buy the cow till you try the milk" etc. this stuff is in the heads of our youth and they use it as soon as they can to get the experimental sex underway.

so you can say we don't have that kind of pressure in our society all you want, but you'd be wrong. heck, an elementary school teacher tried to have sex with me when i was only 16 (and he knew that was my age). i said no, and he got angry and started to explain male physiology to me as if i were somehow unaware of what saying "no" does to a man.

doh.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Please, stop calling these practices sick, simply because you do not like them. Call them for what they are, anachronisms of a bygone world which have no place in today's world. They are simply the same animal instincts you might find in a dog.

WHAT?
So we cant call the marraige and rape of little girls sick - but yet you can compare this "practice" to animal instincts you would find in a dog? Dogs lick their arse and eat dog sh.t.....its animal instinct. It is SICK. And you would never ever find that acceptable or tollerable for a human to do this and claim "ah, its just animal instincts".

to all those poor little girls

[edit on 4/12/2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   

I have a much easier time "tolerating" the incompetencies/flaws in such advancements as the U.N., in the sciences and social welfare for the process is open to change/improvements... but if you are asking me to tolerate the incompetencies/flaws in the dogma of a religion that assists followers in victimizing and taking advantage of others, i can not possibly do so with a clear conscience.

In sum, religion in concentrated doses can serve to be a form of self induced lobotomy in mind and spirit.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
reply to post by HunkaHunka

WHAT?
So we cant call the marraige and rape of little girls sick - but yet you can compare this "practice" to animal instincts you would find in a dog? Dogs lick their arse and eat dog sh.t.....its animal instinct. It is SICK. And you would never ever find that acceptable or tollerable for a human to do this and claim "ah, its just animal instincts".

to all those poor little girls

Yes it is sick when done in a society which it is not part of the NORM. In this case it is part of the NORM, so it can't be called SICK. It can however be called for what it is, simply the codification of the animal instincts of a DOG.

I'm not supporting this...

But SICK is doing what is against the NORMS of a society, not doing what is actually allowed by law.

Please don't try to make this about sick or not sick, it's about civilized or uncivilized, that's it.

[edit on 12-4-2009 by HunkaHunka]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join