It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holes on frozen lakes?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Hello!

I'm seeking for a bit of expertise on UFO's in terms of UFO activity on frozen lakes.

Apparently, a few weeks ago a farmer family living on the edge of a frozen lake heard some sort of a loud bang (They said it was much louder than thunder.) and flashes of light in the sky. The next morning they found several holes in the lake and the first thing everyone thought it should've been a metor or something. Now, a few weeks later experts say that they don't know what it could've been and say with 99% certainty that whatever made those holes wasn't a meteor.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
There was a news article a while back, after that meteor exploded over Canada, with a photo of just the type thing you're describing. Apparently some small fragments landed on frozen lakes thereby creating the holes.

Hope this helps. I'll see if I can't dig up the other thread.

[edit: to add]
Here it is:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 11-4-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

I am aware that it could've been meteors. That's what everyone thought at first, but now the Tallinn Univeristy Meteor Commitee say that the holes weren't formed by meteors after investigating the appearance of the holes and substances found around the holes.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Do you have a link for that? I've searched and can't seem to find anything about it.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Yeah, but it's in estonian...

www.epl.ee...

There is a pic though

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Got it. Thanks.

Here's the same page somewhat www.epl.ee..." target="_blank" class="postlink"> translated via Google

It seems they're saying that a lack of residual elements, which would not be native to the natural sediment and minerals in the surrounding ice/waters, is the reason they feel the holes weren't created by fragments of a meteor. Makes sense, but it still doesn't offer an alternative cause for them appearing in the first place. Interesting story.

[edit on 11-4-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Just out of curiosity, could it be an electric charge like lightining ?

Scroll down to center on this page

If the Earth was zapped by high energy radiation, either from the Sun or the Galactic core, the planet would be surrounded with distinct lines of energy, converging at the North and South pole. These bands would continue to extend well out from the planet's poles and into space and would be visible from almost every point on Earth -- each with its own unique perspective.

new topics

top topics

join