It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would we do if WE were the Aliens?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I was just reading an article speculating what the "alien agenda" is and it got me to wondering... What if in the future we were to discover a primitive form of life on a planet, in our solar system for instance. Would we be a non interventionalist visitor, or would we collect "samples" for testing? Well I know what we do here on earth when we find a new species as seen in this article, as well as countless others. Genetic tests reveal new shark species

So if there are aliens visiting the earth, is their agenda to exploit the rich genetic material, as is often stated. Is it to conquer earth and the human race? Even Steven Hawking tends to believe Man must conquer other planets to survive. Or is it that we have been bread, or seeded here for a specific purpose as some have suggested. This is not too far fetched seeing how Plant breeding is the purposeful manipulation of plant species in order to create desired genotypes and phenotypes for specific purposes

Maybe our Alien visitors are more like us then we think.

-E-

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Imagine, present-day humans arrived in spaceships many many moons ago. When we arrived we found that this planet had Neanderthals already here. But we did what we were good at, and still are, we killed them off, so that we would not have to compete with them.

Imagine that some escaped this slaughter only to come back to retake their planet that we stole.

I read somewhere that Evolution works with every species on earth, be it plant, or animal, except humans. There is no evidence that we evolved here. How can this be? unless we arent really from here.

Good topic. We are aliens.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I have always wondered about the so called "missing link" in our own evolution. It sure lends creedance to the arguement that somewhere along the way our genetics were manipulated. Thanks for the reply Colonel

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
well they visit our planet to study us, if you were an intelligent lifeform and found these aliens on a blue planet with limited technology wouldn't you wan't to no how there species works because being descended from apes might be vulgar on there planet.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jellyman1991
well they visit our planet to study us, if you were an intelligent lifeform and found these aliens on a blue planet with limited technology wouldn't you wan't to no how there species works because being descended from apes might be vulgar on there planet.

I agree with you Jellyman, as a matter of fact that is exactly what we do today when we find a new species

-E-

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I believe that "like ourselves" who question other "alien" life forms outside of our own planet...should other planets containing "life" exist (whether more/less advanced than ourselves) that surely the same questions are being asked

Should we find and prove other life exists...we are infact as alien as any other "life" which exists inside the universe...

We only utilise language to what we know and the word "alien" is a depiction of "life outside of earth" (ie: it being 'alien' to what we are knowledgable to).

In the eyes of another planet with a different "life form"...if we we're to meet, then obviously we would be the "aliens" (ie: us being 'alien' to what 'they' are knowledgable to)

This should be a great thread to understand how people relate to "themselves" and "others"...

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by iexplore

Should we find and prove other life exists...we are infact as alien as any other "life" which exists inside the universe...

I love the idea!

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I think we're all gonna turn into forum trolls which are itself a unique life form birthed on the internet, and ruining real discussion on real stories with fluff annoyances

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by atsbeliever
I think we're all gonna turn into forum trolls which are itself a unique life form birthed on the internet, and ruining real discussion on real stories with fluff annoyances

No one forced you to read or post, go away please

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
We would bumble around and make a mess of it, pretty much as we do with everything. And in the end justify our taking control of whatever.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows
We would bumble around and make a mess of it, pretty much as we do with everything. And in the end justify our taking control of whatever.

No Kidding!

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   
we are all alien on earth, no two people are alike, we dont think about the same things or act the same way or even dress the same, but these so called aliens all look the same all think the same and dress alike, scientifically i would have to say that aliens are the perfect species ever to exist, can we deny it? we can because thats what must make the aliens curious to see that we dont all share some common attribute that makes us connect, thats why to them we are aliens.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Awesome topic!

I hope honestly by the time humans mentally evolve, spiritually evolve, we are able to conceptualize the fragility of our planet, before we think of landing on another habitable planet, and per se that planet is already occupied, I hope we take the correct measurements before intervening with the life of another planet.

Just think what would happen to a planet, per se one exactly like ours right now, and the mothership lands down in the middle of a continent.

Some will propose war, some will propose political initiations, some will propose gathering scientific knowledge, but bottom line is, you're the on in the space ship, you beckoned forth whatever may happen by landing on that planet.

It's relatively easy to speculate that if these conspiracy theories are true, that aliens walk amongst us, that they have communicated with our government(The Disclosure Act), that would be the most appropriate way to do so, correct?

At least this way, you're not mentally nuking the planet's population with imminent alien life, you slowly ease them into it, and one day make public political sanctions able to be viewed by the world, and how you're handling the situation, and the alien race wishes to land, and help us(in my dream).

It'd be much easier to land on a planet with primitive beings, yet still able to communicate. You could teach them, show them things. They're more prone to indoctrination than an already someone technologically evolved planet.

If humans persist with their way of handling the world, then it is no doubt they would persist their way of handling life on another planet, the infamous quote "Kill or be killed" mindstate.

Humans aren't ready to colonize another habitable planet, or make sanctions with another race, they are far from it and I certainly hope they do not receive the capability to go forth with any such imaginative idea as what has been displayed here, whilst the general mind set of the populace is "Kill or be killed".

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Le Colonel

"I read somewhere that Evolution works with every species on earth, be it plant, or animal, except humans. There is no evidence that we evolved here. How can this be? unless we arent really from here."

You 'read somewhere'? Atlantis Rising, perhaps? Evolution works for humans as well as everything else on Earth. While not perfectly understood yet, evolution is the sole system by which everything else can be explained in the field of biology. (I read that somewhere. (Purdue University, to be specific.))

The evidence for the evolution of humans on Earth is stronger than any other theory. Of course, that won't trump wild, baseless speculation.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Gawdzilla

Hey there champion. What he was attempting to say was;

WHEN Charles Darwin published On the Origin of Species in 1859, there was relatively little evidence in the fossil record of evolutionary change. Darwin spent two chapters of his book apologising for the paucity of the fossil record, but predicted that it would eventually support his ideas.

What Darwin was bemoaning was the lack of "transitional" fossils - those with anatomical features intermediate between two major groups of organisms. At the time, such fossils were conceived as "missing links" in the "great chain of being" from lowly corals through higher organisms such as birds and mammals to humans (and ultimately to God).

****We now know this is a misconception. Life does not progress up a hierarchical ladder from "low" to "high" but is a branching bush with numerous lineages splitting apart and coexisting simultaneously.

There is no proof of this bushing of the branches.

Bottom line, so don't come at me with your point this point that, just like what led you a partnership with my signature.

There is no visible records of evolution from ape to man, end of story.

There is the Neanderthals, but what came after them, instantly lost their hair and became nice and suave? No, there had to be another bushing of the branch, and you don't know what they are.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
LOL dude if i was an alien i wold go out and destroy whole species and like trade with other aliens like in Spore

top topics

join