It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Disney Conspiring to Undermine Easter?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Disney is playing Halloween Movies each night of Easter week.

For practicing Christians, Easter is the Holiest day of the year. It is so holy it lasts an entire week. Easter week starts Saturday Nights and lasts all week. Many children have this week off school, especially those who go to Christian schools. These children will have more time than usual to stay up and watch the evening Disney programming. The reason they are off school is to celebrate Easter but instead they will be spending night after night watching witches cast spells, make potions and learn otherwise how some turn to the occult to solve their problems. Christian parents hope their children will turn to God in times of suffering and pray and work hard to improve their circumstances, not rely on magic. Halloween movies are a lot of fun, but in the right season...in the fall when the natural world is in decay, Halloween stories and movies are a fun way to pass the time-that is when we think about death and prepare for the long winter...but the beginning of spring should bring movies like Homeward Bound, HSM, Mary Poppins, Not Halloweentown.

Does anyone else find it odd that Disney is playing Halloween themed movies starting Easter Night and running them all week.

home.disney.go.com...

Halloween themed programming seems to run at the opposite spectrum of the season most Americans are celebrating. The theme of this season, is hope and renewal. The theme of the Disney version of Halloween is reliance on paranormal skills, spells, and other self fulfillment which lends itself to the occult. This is the opposite of the Easter message of suffering, atonement and repentance.

Does anyone else find it disturbing? Also imagine if it was any other religion like Islam that was being blatantly disrespected this way...Disney would never do it.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I think its ludacris to suggest that a television station should submit to the wants of a religious holiday. Disney is not a "christian" network. They can play whatever the hell they want, maybe they are capitalizing on ppl wanting something entertaining to watch to distract them from the mindless easter movie dribble, REALLY, can you watch the ten commandments again. They escaped egypt, I GET IT! I find it more disturbing when ppl ask questions like is Disney undermining Easter.

This is not a personal attack btw, I'm just a little more irritable on religious holidays, lol

[edit on 10-4-2009 by stereovoyaged]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Easter teaches us that a man died for our sins and was resurrected three days later rather than it's true meaning. How is that teaching any better?

en.wikipedia.org...

Easter is a moveable feast, meaning it is not fixed in relation to the civil calendar. Easter falls at some point between late March and late April each year (early April to early May in Eastern Christianity), following the cycle of the Moon. After several centuries of disagreement, all churches accepted the computation of the Alexandrian Church (now the Coptic Church) that Easter is the first Sunday after the Paschal Full Moon, which is the first moon whose 14th day (the ecclesiastic "full moon") is on or after March 21 (the ecclesiastic "vernal equinox").

Not to run to the defense of Disney or anything, but if you ask me christianity seems to be just as much of a cult as any other cult.

[edit on 10-4-2009 by 12.21.12]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Cult : a group or sect bound together by veneration of the same thing, person, ideal, etc.

Sounds like Christianity to me

I guess we could also use:

Cult: An awesome song by Slayer!

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Well considering the Christians took the holiday from the pagans it is only fair.

Easter eggs? an old pagan tradition of taking an egg and burying it in the ground for fertility.

The name "Easter" originated with the names of an ancient Goddess and God. The Venerable Bede, (672-735 CE.) a Christian scholar, first asserted in his book De Ratione Temporum that Easter was named after Eostre (a.k.a. Eastre). She was the Great Mother Goddess of the Saxon people in Northern Europe. Similarly, the "Teutonic dawn goddess of fertility [was] known variously as Ostare, Ostara, Ostern, Eostra, Eostre, Eostur, Eastra, Eastur, Austron and Ausos." 1 Her name was derived from the ancient word for spring: "eastre." Similar Goddesses were known by other names in ancient cultures around the Mediterranean, and were celebrated in the springtime. Some were:

religious tolerance

I don't know where the Easter bunny came from. But he is cute anyways.

As for magic, didn't Jesus practise magic? Wasn't coming back from the dead, moving a huge boulder, and assenting to heaven Magic?

Funny how only christian magic is acceptable.

The priests running around chanting, reading from books and burning incense is a lot like pagan traditions too, so is the use of magic water.

As for Disney, many channels like to play out of season shows. You will start seeing Christmas shows in July.

I think it is suggestive for you to start planning your shopping.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

The Paschal Moon is a Jewish reverence. A Pasch is the lamb slaughtered in atonement for our sins at Passover. To keep the holy day annual, they followed the lunar cycle, that way the observance would always be able to be followed.

Jesus was the "New" lamb, lamb the new sacrifice...which was all about charity and forgiveness. True "Cult" is when people follow ritual, but is this case it was only to preserve an annual observance in memorial.

The "Occult" on the other hand, looks to avoid suffering, looks to not forgive, but punish others who have hurt you, and looks for "magic" to come from within instead of "Charity" which is extended out.

[edit on 4/10/2009 by Missing Blue Sky]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Missing Blue Sky

mmmmm gee thanks, now I want lamb for supper and all the stores are closed,
But seriously, I think within the next 20 years, you are going to see religious holidays phased out. They are outdated and byass, with that being said, im not complaing about getting paid double time and a half today to post on ATS

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereovoyaged
reply to post by Missing Blue Sky

mmmmm gee thanks, now I want lamb for supper and all the stores are closed,
But seriously, I think within the next 20 years, you are going to see religious holidays phased out. They are outdated and byass, with that being said, im not complaing about getting paid double time and a half today to post on ATS

Lol...In my world that will never happen, as for me and my house we will always celebrate the our Holy Days. We live and breathe by the calendar of our church, and our Lord has done great things for us. Generations to come of many families I know will celebrate sacraments, Christmas, Easter and everything in between. You and I have different understandings of the world around us. Mine works for me and yours for you...so to each his own.

[edit on 4/10/2009 by Missing Blue Sky]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
My other thought is too that Disney is playing stuff for all the folks that are not Christians.

Teh world doesn't have to stop for Christianity.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   

The "Occult" on the other hand, looks to avoid suffering, looks to not forgive, but punish others who have hurt you, and looks for "magic" to come from within instead of "Charity" which is extended out.

Yet christians continue to do all the punishing. Really I feel like I am being punished right now.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
why do christians think the whole world should bend over for them?

just cause its easter, doesnt mean a private company should do what YOU want.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by 180attoseconds

Christians are the biggest eliteist on this planet.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
What you meant he Bunny and colored eggs isn't enough?

To quote South Park, the pope's hat is meant for a rabbit..Why do you think the hat is shaped that way?

"Hippitus hoppitus Deus Dominae"

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Christians do all the punishing? Are you nuts?

The people who help others the most in the whole wide world are Christians!

Christians built the first hospitals and provided the first charity hospitals.

Christians built the first schools.

Christians invented the scientific method, which we would not have medicine and medical aid without.

Christians run the majority of homeless shelters in the world.

Christians invented the book and the printing press.

Christians go all over the world helping people who are suffering.

Christians donate Billions of dollars to aid organizations which aid the suffering people of the world.

Every Christian wants to be your friend, we are not the enemy.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Lol...In my world that will never happen, as for me and my house we will always celebrate the our Holy Days. We live and breathe by the calendar of our church, and our Lord has done great things for us. Generations to come of many families I know will celebrate sacraments, Christmas, Easter and everything in between. You and I have different understandings of the world around us. Mine works for me and yours for you...so to each his own.

Thats fair. I celebrate christmas and easter, I don't however pay penance to an impaled body on a cross or set up nativity scenes to celebrate the birth of a pharoah. Nor will I feel compelled to do so. Doesn't matter how much propoganda is thrown my way, I never will. To each his own.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12.21.12

Thats fair. I celebrate christmas and easter, I don't however pay penance to an impaled body on a cross or set up nativity scenes to celebrate the birth of a pharoah. Nor will I feel compelled to do so. Doesn't matter how much propoganda is thrown my way, I never will. To each his own.

Fair enough...but the use of the word "impaled: and "pharoah" did not sound very friendly. I will let it go though, because I and forgive without flaming. haha

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

The popes hat is called a Mitre and it is made of of two shields. One shield represents the Old Testament and the second shield represents the New Testament. The two straps that flow down the back are there because they used to tied under the chin, when the Pope was traveling. That is no longer necessary, so now the two straps are decorative.

The Mitre has nothing to do with Easter Bunnies.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
What do all of you Christians think of the fact that the Vatican is worth approx 1.2 billion USD not including its "priceless" treasures, For what purpose, isnt' christianity supposed to be a humble faith. The pope has more bling than 50 cent, lol, If they sold even a fraction of that, they could feed a lot of starving ppl.

[edit on 10-4-2009 by stereovoyaged]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Last year the disney channel did this, they called it "Halloween in April" and it was an April's Fool's joke. I suspect that it was really popular with the kids and, they probably have a lot of programming created for Halloween. Why not get a little more mileage out of it? And it would be sort of like Christmas in July.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12.21.12

Yet christians continue to do all the punishing. Really I feel like I am being punished right now.

Again, please tell me who exactly are the Christians punishing? I know some Muslims are killing and persecuting Christians in Iraq right now, but where exactly are Christians hurting people? Please inform me, I want to know.

pluralism.org...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join