It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coming to a highway near you: Big Brother!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
The fight TPTB have been waging to maintain control over us has expanded exponentially in the past few years. Over the last several months, I have noticed many cameras on 40-50' poles beside the majority of the highways in my area. I am now aware that they are all over the state! They are billed as "traffic cameras" by PennDOT. Here's a map of all the locations... I know for a fact that they are not all marked in my area...

www.dot.state.pa.us...

Here is a pic of one that I took near new construction today (notice the RF antennae, the actual camera is in the "dome" hanging beneath):

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3149959e3549.jpg[/atsimg]

Now, you'll have to excuse the grainyness, the photo was taken at a distance of about 800-1000 yards, from some cover. (I really am paranoid, huh? More on that in a bit...)

I'm getting somewhere with this... Hang in there.

Over the summer, it was brought to my attention that PA's Gov. Ed Rendell (former corrupt mayor of Philadelphia) and PennDOT are in cahoots in attempting to implement facial recognition technology to find and track individuals. The way it's been "sold" to the public is as a ID theft/fraud deterrent.
(PennDOT site)
www.dmv.state.pa.us...

A true patriot, state Rep. Sam Rohrer of Berks county exposed the reality of the situation:

images.icuecorp.com...

There are several points and further questions that these cameras and this biometric tracking technology raise. First in my mind is how accurate and effective are these tools for tracking "persons of interest"?

I'd be interested in hearing how many states have similar measures in place. I feel that the mere presence of these cameras should upset everyone, yet not many people I have spoken to even noticed them! I have pointed them out to many, and I find new ones daily.

More on this later...

[edit on 9/4/09 by cbianchi513]

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Down here, we've had red light cameras for quite some time. At the moment, it's just a way to hand out more traffic tickets but i have no doubt that they'll eventually be used for more malevolent purposes.

how accurate and effective are these tools for tracking "persons of interest"?

Facial recognition technology is frighteningly accurate. Your face is as unique as your finger print and soon enough, they'll have a database of facial "finger prints" to use. Anyone with a drivers license or state ID will be cataloged and tracked with big brother cams. Eventually, even those without official ID will be as well. Of course, this will all be done for our safety. The ever increasing threat of terrorism, identity theft, and sightings of manbearpig will scare the sheeple enough to make them allow the government to implement this. It's coming, it's just a matter of time.

TheAssociate

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Here have a look at this camera here.

Click Me

Want to know where it's located?

N. Academy Blvd. @ Constitution Ave.

Anyone else feel sick?

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Sorry to burst your bubble, but thats been going on since the 1980's in Salt Lake City, Ut and most Western citys, the new ones are now solar powered,.

i did notice when i moved to Pittsburgh they were way behind the times and this stuff is kind of new. they were just installing this stuff after the year 2000.. going to pennsylvania was like going back to the 70's still old fashoned compared to the western United States..

to make you feel better the police arent allowed to monitor them so they use civilian groups such as Crime Stoppers or Neighborhood watch to Monitor and relay the info... that way its not considered direct monitoring.. we had a big uprising about it in 1988 and these questions were addressed by the sheriff department.

im sure during Martial Law situation they will be used Directly

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAssociate

That's just it... these are standalone units beside the highway... There is no redlight or traffic signal involved in this application.

We have red light cameras as well, who really knows what type of resolution those cameras have? I sure don't, but I'd love to.

[edit on 9/4/09 by cbianchi513]

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by werk71

I knew they had them out west before here, had no clue it was that long ago, thanks!

Pittsburgh was one of the first areas that publicized the program:

www.ronpaulforums.com...
(I know... RP forum, sorry Tribune site has nixed the text in the article on their site... strangely)

I am outside of Harrisburg, in region 8 of the PennDOT map. These things are going up like wildfire! Does anybody know what the capabilities/specifications this type of system has?

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
why do you think i advoid highways around here and stick to back roads? after working for a fairly local company (PECKS) that wired A LOT of traffic lights in this area, those cameras you see are motion sensors to change lights, but a few simple mods from a remote place, enough said. just remember, its cheaper to scare the masses then it is to control them. but then again you scare them you control them.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
There's a program I believe called Silent Witness being instituted in BC, Canada right now.

Each intersection will have cameras that record every single license plate, so as you travel from point A to point B, your steps are monitored. Technically, and likely eventually, they will just send you a ticket because they recorded you at intersection A, and Intersection B, and the time it took you to get from A to B, would not be possible following the speed limit.

That's only one of many implications of this program. If the government, or anyone for that matter, knows every single place you go to in a day, and for how long you are there they could do a multitude of things with that information. Rob you, harm you, learn what it is that makes you, you. And with that information, manipulate you.

So your concerns are valid, the police state has already arrived, only it's just slowly peeling back it's mask. Once the mask is completely off, we will never be able to forget that face, no matter how hard we try.

It's a sad day folks, a moment of silent.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I don't see what the problem is with this. We have these all over the interstate where I live. I make good use of them everyday to find out where accidents are and how heavy the traffic is. I plan my route accordingly and average a time of how long it is going to take me to get home. These cameras don't have zoom in technology or anything so it's not like they can get your plates. Red light cameras on the other hand are a different matter. BTW most studies show that these red light cameras do nothing to prevent accidents. A lot of cities are turning them off.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I've found this thread because I've been wondering about this lately too. I drive the same route to work every day, and have done for 2+ years now. I go from my intersection on the highway, one exit down, and then onwards. It so happens that this 5 ish mile section of highway is one that's basically passing through nowhere. There are some wetlands, some big fields, stuff like that. While there's always traffic on this road, I've never seen a traffic jam, not once in two years, and bear in mind I drive this highway in both directions basically any time from 7.30 am- 4am. Yet there are at least four total solar powered cameras - a pair on each side of the highway between the two exits.

I am curious as to why they're there. Clearly this isn't a high traffic area. I've never seen an accident here, and I think the slowest I've ever had to drive due to traffic was 50 or higher.

What possible purpose do they serve besides surveillance?.

To avoid paranoia, I always look for the most logical explanation beside the paranoid one that I can find.. trouble is, I can't find one here.

top topics

join