It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Captured In Telescope FOV 4/9/07

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Bubble / piece of pollen.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by mkross1983
Bubble / piece of pollen.

And just what do you base this on?
Your bathtub and asthma experiences?

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Hi everyone,

First, I would like to thank the OP for the link (Capture63 / 652Mo) he provided, I'll watch it in about 25 mn from now (avg : 440 ko/s)

ArMap : "First, I do not understand what is the "shock wave", I can't see anything like a shock wave, at least as I understand it. "

Me neither, but I'll wait and watch the 652 Mo video before I can be a 100% sure about this, even if I doubt it.

Shock waves as seen by the human eye under special conditions :

i263.photobucket.com...
i263.photobucket.com...

Comments by Bernard Zee :

"Even though the plane is not supersonic, regions of the air flowing around it get accelerated to supersonic speeds as it hits an obstruction (like the cockpit). Shocks within the supersonic flow (often causing it to decelerate to subsonic conditions) produce large gradients in air density and index of refraction, bending the light differentially on either side of the shock. Really no chance of seeing the effect on a blue sky background...but with the low pass, and Angel island hills and Alcatraz as a backdrop? Yeah baby!!"

Off topic : Altitude estimate & analysis :
home.comcast.net...

"Shock waves in humid conditions can also be revealed visually by the condensation of water vapour into droplets in the flow downstream of the shock, forming a conical cloud behind the tail of the jet. US Navy" :

www.defenselink.mil...

My 2 cents on the video for now :

1-Impossible to make estimates on how big & how far X is
2-Which makes it impossible to do speed estimates (min/max) even if we had enough data (FOV & DOF, specs...)
3-Impossible to know if it is blurry or not
4-Impossible to know if it is a disc or a sphere or anything else for that matter since we don't know if the images are out of focus or not
5-Impossible to know X's colour

Please correct me if I am wrong since I just ran into this thread an hour ago.

Cheers,
Europa

[edit on 11-4-2009 by Europa733]

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
You know what impresses me aside from the video and the analysis being done? How white your teeth are in that profile. I am impressed.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by believer81
You know what impresses me aside from the video and the analysis being done? How white your teeth are in that profile. I am impressed.

Ha..Thanks, I get that alot for being an old guy. (60)

BTW: I put up a WMV conversion under the Capture63 clip.
I've gotten some email stating the AVI file takes forever to load.

I'll leave the avi on the page for about a month if anyone wants to download it. I don't like having unviewable material on the site.
I may just remove the player and leave the download link for that file.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Europa733
ArMap : "First, I do not understand what is the "shock wave", I can't see anything like a shock wave, at least as I understand it. "
[edit on 11-4-2009 by Europa733]

Here is the expanation I got from my Air Force buddy whom is a Radar Operations Supervisor:
Edited for subject matter.

"The clip you sent has some revealing aspects that will help eliminate known aircraft.
The turbulence is not a heat signature or air turbulence.
Traditional sharp-nosed hypersonic vehicles generate a conical bow shock wave, causing a single wave to emanate outward
but at significant velocity.
This craft seems to be projecting concentrated energy forward, forcing air radially away from the craft's path, resulting in weaker shock ripples through the atmosphere."

He pionts out later in the reply, that "It's well beyond the sound barrier when it passes."

Look at the top edge of the Moon after it passes.
Push/pull of atmospheric air currents is visible making the Moon appear to oscillate slightly.
Only something large and traveling at good clip could create these "ripples."

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Jakman

ok the cyber punch finally wore off

Look at the top edge of the Moon after it passes.
Push/pull of atmospheric air currents is visible making the Moon appear to oscillate slightly.
Only something large and traveling at good clip could create these "ripples."

your right there is some type of effect at the top of the moon as the object passes thru the FOV.

i think you may have captured something really really interesting. maybe it was a hypersonic vehicle test ?

The concept was formulated by Leik Myrabo, an associate professor of mechanical engineering at Rensselaer and Yuri Raizer of the Moscow-based Russian Academy of Science's Institute for Problems in Mechanics. It was apparently demonstrated late last month in tests at Rensselaer's Mach 25 shock tunnel.

According to Myrabo, the concept would offer designers the capability to actively control the external aerodynamics and thermodynamics of an advanced transatmospheric vehicle by substituting directed energy for mass-typically in the form of a sharp nosed structure. With this capability, traditional hypersonic design rules would change, and ultralight, blunt-bodied, lens-shaped or saucer-shaped single-stage-to-orbit vehicles could emerge.

Traditional sharp-nosed hypersonic vehicles generate a conical bow shock wave that causes massive heating at the tip of the craft's nose. The air spike concept uses concentrated energy projected forward off a moving vehicle to drive air radially from the path of the craft and to transform the traditional conical bow shock into a weaker, parabolic-shaped oblique shock-one tilted strongly aft with respect to a hypersonic vehicle.

www.ufobc.ca...

SUPERSONIC AIRCRAFT SHOCK WAVE ENERGY RECOVERY SYSTEM
Abstract:
This invention outlines excitation means to transform the linear momentum of an underwing energized jet into rotational form in a selective manner to provide an asymmetric shear layer to increase compression wave reflection from the forward undersurface of a supersonic wing (39). The wing compression energy is thereby recovered into useful work as an increase in pressure on the upward reflexed wing backside. The upper surface of the shear layer is comprised of an array of vortices (37u) whose rotation is opposite to the wing circulation, providing the required angular momentum reaction. The upper wing surface is flat to avoid generation of waves and an adverse angular momentum reaction above the wing. The vortices (37u) below the wing are compressed by the underwing pressure, comprising a pressure shield to enhance the reflection. The shear layer/vortex array (37u) grows in the stream direction due to augmented mixing with the underwing gap flow (42), which is turned and deflected upwards to provide a further increase in pressure on the upwards reflexed wing backside. Fuselage bow shock energy is also recovered into useful work by a forward ring (180) reflecting the conical shock inwards onto a suitably inclined shoulder. An extendable nose spike (192) allows the ring to intercept the conical bow shock at off-design Mach numbers. The system in principle obviates wave drag to provide shock-free supersonic flight with improved efficiency and no sonic boom.

www.wipo.int...

en.wikipedia.org...

fluid.ippt.gov.pl...

www.scielo.br...

[edit on 12-4-2009 by easynow]

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jakman
This image is the position the scope and Moon were at (only different day and time). The scope was outside the garage in the driveway. The Moon was close to the images location. The scope is pointing WSW for that time of year (spring).

I understand the telescope setup. I need info about the way the camera is attached to the focussing mount.

When we watch this video, is the image oriented as it would be seen through the eyepiece? Can you confirm that the Moon is displayed South to top? It's clearly important to know that.

WG3

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by easynow
i think you may have captured something really really interesting. maybe it was a hypersonic vehicle test ?

Well done!
Thanks for the added info on Hypersonic mechanics.
Yes, this is one of the theories I believe this object could be.

I have been researching operations at Edwards AFB, BealeAFB, LAAFB and Travis. There are also test facilities of Lockheed, Boeing, etc. near or on all these bases.
Beale is the one that interests me the most. They are considered the main support operations for flight programs from Nellis and have an active role in tracking test flights. In particular, the scramjet program.

These test flights have been observed over California for some time now and I personally have heard them on several occassions. When these test are near enough to my location, you'll hear it only. If condition are right, you may see a high altitude contrail but you'll never see the vehicle. It's long-gone by the time you hear it. Some of these test are conducted at over 100,000 feet altitude.

But the scram jet also leaves an enormous heat signature. And we don't see that in this video. And it certainly doesn't have the physical characteristics of a traditional aircraft.

So I'm back to the theory of a new type of hull design and it could very well be in this vid., along with a new type propulsion system.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by waveguide3
When we watch this video, is the image oriented as it would be seen through the eyepiece?
WG3

No. The cam is rotated 180 degrees so we see objects as we would through binoculars.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join