It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Captured In Telescope FOV 4/9/07

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by easynow
according to the story, an object was captured accidentally on video while filming the Moon. after examination of the video it was determined that the object was in the atmosphere and under it's own power. all explanations such as birds , jets , satellites etc. have been ruled out as a possibility.

[edit on 9-4-2009 by easynow]

No doubt about it, that's a Unidentified Floating Object.

I would have to have rocks in my head to think this some kind of
extra terrestrial craft though.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
My guess is that it's a bug or bird (out of focus) fairly close to the telescope.

Even if it was some kind of craft going by, I believe it's just too far out of focus to make a firm identification.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Decorum, Folks

Skepticism is fine (encouraged, in fact), but let's please remember our manners when commenting on the evidence.

Thanks.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Looks transparent as the object enters center screen oh look a crater on cue?
This path looks cg to me.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Y'know, this is really hacking me off. Here we have another clear oval object with a dark hole in the middle (its propulsion system, presumably), and here we have skeptic-after-skeptic piling in with every explanation under the sun, anything to deny the chance of it being something extraterrestrial.

It's pretty much the same shape captured by NASA tv cameras on the shuttle footage, as I discuss on my thread here. Why is it, that it seems so obvious these things are out there yet so many are quick to decry and deny?

Denial at its finest. They think they are 'denying ignorance' yet they are epitomising it. Starred and flagged, I think this video is something that people everywhere need to see - and wake up to the reality these things are out there.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Oh thank god Phage didn't come up with excuse, at least this way we don't have pretend he never did, he actually didn't.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by spitefulgod

Originally posted by neverheardofit
are you kidding me? thats a damn car driving down a street with a camera pointed at a stranged shaped cloud as it passes street lamps.......street lamp ufo ftl...

Suggest we bail on this thread and leave it to the cooks to decide when the federation of light is returning based on said evidence.

Jettison reason... we'll follow.

ta ta

Before you go please could you read all the information on jakman's site and in particular I recommend downloading and viewing the comparison video rather than relying on the youtube video.

Personally, I highly doubt this is video of a streetlamp and a 'strange shaped cloud' but even if you still think that after looking at all the analysis and video there is no need to imply that anyone who doesn't agree with this snap judgement are kooks or buys in to the GFL. That's just rude.

In my opinion, neverheardofit's theory is perhaps the least credible we've heard and I fail to see how they've used 'reason' to arrive at it. Why not just say it's swamp gas and be done with it?

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Revolution-2012

Actually, I would be very interested to read any comments Phage might have about this.
I remember reading about this case in detail previously - it is very interesting!

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jakman
You can't stack "objects in motion."

Of course you can. You use software to crop out only the area surrounding the object you are interested in. This places the object at nominal centre of new frames. You then have a 'movie' of the object 'stationary' over several frames. I expected you'd be familiar with the technique. That's why I said you were 'not interested in the background' but I guess you're not familiar since you missed the clue.

If you knew how to use this software, you wouldn't make such a ridiculous statement.

I'm perfectly familiar with frame stacking techniques and what can and can't be achieved from it. Maybe if I can find the time, I'll stack your frames and see if there's anything of value in there. At first glance, I have my doubts.

WG3

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
The image is upside down.
The hot spot is at the floor of the craft.
Don't think its that hot in the craft, its air molecule glow.
Did see a wake disturbance.

The light radiation apparently surrounds the craft.
Never saw a saucer depicted with riders on the bottom but who ever
seen where the people are. So if we are fed dis info, the opposite
must be true and the Aliens ride like on a zeppelin.

If beams are involved the antenna on top seems appropriate for
pulling along against gravity and on the bottom for riding on a
beam.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by spitefulgod
reply to post by Jakman

Why is the moon moving so fast in the image, to me this could be taken from a standard camera telescopic lens (based on the moon size) with such a high magnification wouldn't any small or local object passed in front of the lens appear large and in more in focus in the video, the focus of the object shows it extremely close to the lens in comparison to the background. could be anything, doesn't look flying more moving a UMO maybe?

Is there a reason you are so nasty in your posts (talking about your previous post)? Just curious if it's some angle to help with promoting your skepticism.

As far as this comment, you obviously have never looked through a telescope, I guess. Objects like the moon can move out of your field of view very quickly. The speed looks perfectly right on to me, based on my own many nights out with my telescopes. It's also clearly the moon, not a cloud some some people suggest.

And I find it even funnier that people can suggest it's someone taking a video from a moving CAR and they are able to keep it so perfectly in focus...

The moon and object would be shooting all over the place. This was clearly taken from a telescope on a tripod.

I don't mind healthy skepticism, I am often skeptical of a lot I see. But I don't try SO hard to be skeptical, that I come up with some ludicrous theory just to explain it away. And I am never so rude nor nasty.

Regardless, you shouldn't try to act as if you are quite that clever, and then make ridiculous comments about taking this from a moving car, makes you look a lot less smart than you think you are. Just saying.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Some of the remarks are unremarkably typical of people who have no clue on how cameras connected to telescopes work.

A cloud moving?....streetlights?....bugs?...CGI?
Are these remarks condescending?...Yes
Uninformed?...Yes
Have their own setup to do what I do?...No
Have their own videos of something unusual in the sky?...No
Have they read the data?...No
Do I care?...No

I could personally care less what's being said about this clip.
It's my recording and my responsibility to bring forth any data and analysis
that might shed light on what this may be.
If I was going to "fake" a video, I'd like to think I could do better than this!

All data is on my website.
I personally don't think this is an "alien craft". I believe it's one of ours.
I live under the flight path of a certain Air Force base that has tests of scram jets quite frequently. (Try getting a photo of one of those)
By the time you hear it overhead, the pilot is landing the craft.

So, by all means, shred every unusal video that comes across the board.
We know you. We don't care.
And you will always be "thinking inside the box only."
Enjoy! That's an order!

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Mod note: Please don't make disparaging comments about other members. Just focus on the topic, and respect the rights of other members to express their own opinions. -- Majic

[edit on 4/10/2009 by Majic]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by easynow
reply to post by Jakman

i'm waiting to see what waiveguide does with his stacking job, should be interesting

I already know...it will be a "blob" of yellow.
Image stacking of disimilar images never works.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Reminder: Please Stay On Topic

As I previously pointed out, skepticism is fine, but ridicule, insults and other off-topic nonsense are not.

Members who are interested in discussing the topic and evidence provided in a mature, reasonable manner are welcome to do so, regardless of whatever opinions they may have.

Comments which don't address the topic, are unnecessarily rude or sarcastic or otherwise disruptive to discussion will be subject to removal.

When a member goes to the trouble to present evidence in our forums, the right thing to do is examine it in an atmosphere of courteous, scholarly discussion.

Individuals committed to shouting down or otherwise discouraging investigation of unexplained phenomena have no business here and are advised to stay out of this forum.

Our topic: UFO Captured In Telescope FOV 4/9/07

Intelligent analysis only, please.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by RiotComing
Y'know, this is really hacking me off. Here we have another clear oval object with a dark hole in the middle (its propulsion system, presumably),

Any small heavily out of focus object passing in front of a reflecting telescope will have a hole in the middle due to the folded design of the optics. That explains this as well as the shuttle "ufos" you mentioned. Instead of being so fast to assume an extra-terrestrial origin and getting mad when the rest of us don't buy it, perhaps you should try to find any possible terrestrial explanation first.
home.earthlink.net...
starizona.com...

As for the object itself, I have suspicions that it's an out-of-focus plane passing in front of the moon. The moon and the object both have a similar looking tint to me, so i'm thinking it's actually white and the tint is lighting/camera white balance issues.

I'll try to recreate this when I get the chance using my own 8" SCT (same as used here) and similar webcam. Getting a plane to go in front of the moon on demand is tricky though (praying to it doesn't seem to work lol) so I may do it "sans moon" if that's ok.

[edit on 10-4-2009 by ngchunter]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ngchunter
As for the object itself, I have suspicions that it's an out-of-focus plane passing in front of the moon. The moon and the object both have a similar looking tint to me, so i'm thinking it's actually white and the tint is lighting/camera white balance issues.

I'll try to recreate this when I get the chance using my own 8" SCT (same as used here) and similar webcam.

Not a plane. There are quite a few videos on the web showing planes passing in front of the Moon at different distances through telescopes. And they all look like...well, planes.
Out of all the planes Ive seen through this scope, none have a "hole" in it.
I caught one, (on my site in the "Comparison" video, and please read the data there also).
In the first few lines I state why the video has a yellow tint.

And I don't use a web cam.
Camera: Orion StarShoot Solar System Color Imager II
There's no lens, it has a CMOS sensor, the telescope is the lens.

[edit on 10-4-2009 by Jakman]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakman
Not a plane. There are quite a few videos on the web showing planes passing in front of the Moon at different distances. And they all look like...well, planes.
Out of all the planes i seen through this scope, none have a "hole" in it.

That's because those planes were in focus.

And I don't use a web cam.
Camera: Orion StarShoot Solar System Color Imager II
There's no lens, it has a CMOS sensor, the telescope is the lens.

I use an Meade LPI for most planetary/moon shots. Technically it's not a webcam either, but I deride it as one. It too has a CMOS censor and no lens but the telescope. Underneath the hood though it's a glorified webcam. To be fair though, a sharshoot II is probably a little closer to my DSLR electronically than it is to my LPI, at least in terms of resolution/chip quality. I'll try to do a recreation with my slr in continuous shooting mode then, it'd be easier to do anyway since it doesn't require the presence of my laptop.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join