It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Captured In Telescope FOV 4/9/07

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   
according to the story, an object was captured accidentally on video while filming the Moon. after examination of the video it was determined that the object was in the atmosphere and under it's own power. all explanations such as birds , jets , satellites etc. have been ruled out as a possibility.

UPDATE: -7/09/07

We can dismiss satellites altogether. This object is in the atmosphere.

High altitude weather balloons have a large payload attached and would be slower. This object doesn't have anything attached to it and is under it's own power. And none are launched anywhere near this area. There's too much commuter air traffic.

Consumer helium balloons typically don't exceed 5,000 feet at best. Including large cluster types.

And our winds come from the NW. This object is heading directly into the NW headwinds, eliminating all balloons.

We can dismiss a bird also. Characteristics don't match and a large bird farther than a couple of miles is a small dark, blurry streak until they can't be detectable at all.

www.boomslanger.com...

[edit on 9-4-2009 by easynow]

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Fascinating case. I'm particularly impressed with the comparison with Kenneth Arnold's original sketch of the objects he saw. I'd not seen that sketch before, only the picture underneath where Arnold is holding someone else's illustration. This portrays the craft as a much thinner crescent shape which always made me sympathetic to the 'Pelican' theory. Having seen that sketch though I don't think it's a credible explanation for Arnold's sighting.

I genuinely don't know what the object in the video is.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   
I dont know what it is, but there are some things I find odd:

- Why do the UFO seem to be in the same shape as the cloud with the same topside lighting and with a darker area in the same spot the cloud has a darker area?

- Where is the evidence for it being higher up the atmosphere? I dont really see the "disturbance" the video is arguing.

- The dark line extending upwards from its top, a charactaristic of a thread.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   
I tend to think the object has a similar/identical shape to the one discussed in the link provided in my signature. It seems to be the same, the only difference being mine was static and i did not have a telescope...
I wonder where these observations will lead us!

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing Easy

Plenty of generated field around this caft! could beone of ours?

Have a great Easter

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by GEORGETHEGREEK
I tend to think the object has a similar/identical shape to the one discussed in the link provided in my signature. It seems to be the same, the only difference being mine was static and i did not have a telescope...
I wonder where these observations will lead us!

Shape and structure are hard to pick when there is an energy field evident.

Also digital camers can distort.

keep well

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
The description says this was taken while videoing the Moon through a telescope. Is the 'cloud' we see in the blue sky supposed to be the Moon's edge? If so, it's obviously a daytime session. Unfortunately, the moon is way out of focus, so I thought it was indeed a cloud. How can you video the moon when the focus is so way out?

If this is indeed the moon's defocussed image, how are we to determine whether the moving object is at a similar distance or at some closer point? Indeed the object could be relatively close-by and so appears almost in focus. I guess the movie is supposed to show the object in reasonable focus, or the contrast adjust and other image manipulations are rather futile. In my experience with astrophotography, this video provides nothing useful. It could be anything from a fly to a frisbee.

WG3

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
My web-crawling software detected my site is getting muliple hits from ATS so I thought I would chime in and try to answer any questions anyone may have.

I recorded this video some time ago and we still don't have an answer as to the ID of this object.

Too get some of the obvious "known objects" eliminated, I can assure you it is not a bug or any object thrown into the field of view.
All telescopes have near and distance limitations. My 8 inch Schmidt-Cassegrain doesn't detect anything closer than 100 feet. And small objects (bugs, frisbees, etc.) farther than that, can't be seen either.

Please read the analysis and description on the page that explains this. It will keep me from repeating the data over again.
But there still may be a known explanation for this object.

The Air Force officer gave a pretty good detailed explanation of the shock wave this object creates. (I thought it was turbulence disturbing the surrounding air). So I tend to trust his analysis of the flight characteristics more than my own.

Also be sure to view the "comparison" clip as well and you'll see what I mean about "known objects."
I would also recommend viewing the different clips directly off my site and not from YouTube. They butchered it with the conversion to their format.

Thanks, and I hope someone can identify what this is. I've been anxious to resolve this like many people who capture weird things in the sky.

Here's a reduced animated gif of the object.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Good evidence, too bad no one will believe it.. Shame really. So when you guys are done tearing this apart I'll come back in and see if anything funny was said. That's all this is good for. Good video though.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Considering they were looking at the moon, did anyone consider a sat? I mean... it looks like the sun was hitting the object at the same angle as the moon... It was moving pretty quick, but I didn't really see the 'disturbance' everyone was talking about.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Interesting video. It looks like a UFO with a vortex below.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Good video.

Not a very clear video, but "something" WAS caught on video unexpectedly. I have no idea what it could be. It clearly is a UFO (its true meaning, not the alien one)

It clearly is not a bird, plane, space shuttle, International Space Station. Could be a satelite. I like that one, either that or a possible alien spacecraft.

Good vid, thanks for sharing.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakman

thanks Jakman for chiming in here.

i was surfing around the net and seen this story about your video. i was intrigued to say the least and thought you did an excellent job of how you presented it on your website. there was lots of info to see and read so i thought i would share it with the rest of the ATS members here. i am surprised you had not posted it here yourself ? maybe you did and i just couldn't find it.

anyway's...it's definitely an interesting video and at this point i have no idea what the object is. i was hoping some more experienced telescope users would have a look and offer some opinions.

everyone should look at your website before making a judgement on the video because like you said youtube compression kinda changes things. i only put it on youtube for viewing convenience (hope you don't mind) i did put a link to your website on the youtube page. if it's any kind of problem just let me know.

thanks again for putting this on the web for everyone to see.

also thanks to everyone that replied to this thread i appreciate your input on this.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Fantastic video. It's hard to tell if the object is being viewed from the side, top, or bottom. It looks to me like a bottom top view... Anyone else think so?

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Thanks easynow,
No problem posting it on another site. More coverage, right?
I also did under my youtube name of "Xauckerman", and after I saw the conversion version, I decided not to post anymore detailed video there.

I noticed most people tend to think this may be a satellite. But we have determined it is in the atmosphere because of the shock wave pushing aside the atmospheric heat currents after it passes by.

I'd like to think this is a USAF black project craft.
If it is not, then from a recovered craft.

Maybe someone else has seen this "craft" and will come forward.

Zorgon and I are friends and I put it on his site also. Pegasus Research Consortium
I'm on his site under my real name, Jack Arneson

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Intresting case Jakman.

Flagged !

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by sliceNodice
Fantastic video. It's hard to tell if the object is being viewed from the side, top, or bottom. It looks to me like a bottom top view... Anyone else think so?

It looks to be a top/side view, with the objects top surface at about a 45 degree angle. We can't see the bottom.

It's traveling so fast it also is partially translucent on the bottom half. I have seen this effect before with recordings of jet fighters at air shows using a digital camcorder.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by easynow
reply to post by Jakman

thanks Jakman for chiming in here.

...... i am surprised you had not posted it here yourself ? maybe you did and i just couldn't find it....

Zorgon may have included it in one of his Moon threads if I remember correctly.
It has been on many other forums in 2007/2008, without any conclusions.
As I said in my concluding comments on my web site,...We'll never be able to identify this object unless it lands in one of our yards."
And I still bevieve that today.

And thanks easynow, for reviving this odd object to discuss again.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Le Colonel
Could be a satelite. I like that one, either that or a possible alien spacecraft.

At the low magnification of the video, any satellite in orbit would be a spec of light, that UFO was too big, it had to be something in the atmosphere.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
No idea what the object is but the light circular area with the "hole" is merely the bokeh produced by a out-of-focus catadioptric lens system as is employed by a Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope. An example of catadioptric bokeh can be seen here:

Many more examples can be found via Google.

The real object, in part anyway, is that darker smudge above the "disc". The object is reflecting sunlight and creating the bokeh doughnut seen in the video.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join