It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother executes son at gun range

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by scrubsnstuffkim
reply to post by Digital_Reality

If you notice, also, the rampages are getting more and more emotionally charged. What will happen when someone does a mass shooting at a day-care, or a preschool...then alot of people that didn't want them (the gov) to take our guns will be ready to hand them over....

Am I the only person who finds it disturbing that many people don't give a crap if something bad happens to an adult, but care only when it's to someone who's young?

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

Most adults can take care of themselves. Kids depend on adult care and supervision.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
The best thing about this whole story is that the son never saw it coming. He never had to look down the barrel of a gun and into his mother's eyes as she took aim.

May he rest in peace.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
whats crazy is that hwen i saw this on the news..they said that police found notes around their house sayin "i must send my son to heaven and myself to hell"...she has no background of mental illness.....so...

what made her feel like this?

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by GENESIS2012

According to the OP, she had a rather extensive background of mental illness.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
reply to post by Donnie Darko

Most adults can take care of themselves. Kids depend on adult care and supervision.

So that makes it more okay to hurt an adult? Sure they can defend themselves, but what if they fail to?

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fremd
reply to post by drwizardphd

Im blaming the society in which we live for allowing her to obtain the gun.

You and many others have proven - she was crazy and delusional and people knew about it.

So...why was she allowed to obtain a gun?

Any witty comebacks for that such a simple question?

It's hard to blame society for this tragedy. It was poor judgment to take a mentally ill person to a firing range. The kid paid for this lack of judgment with his life.

If society is to be blamed, perhaps we should criticize a society that doesn't provide adequate mental health care for such seriously ill people. Actually, it should be up to each and every individual to do what they can to help the downtrodden. If we don't work together for the good of the individual we will all be living in a hell when the SHFT.

You can bet that for every tragedy like this there are people who knew the perpetrator, did nothing to help them and now reflect what their involvement might have done to prevent it.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality
reply to post by scrubsnstuffkim

I feel where your coming from but just because the media decides to start focusing on shootings this month it does not mean that there is a need to disarm US citizens. This is an everyday thing unfortunately and even crazies slip through the cracks and are able to buy firearms. Sometimes people just crack and loose their mind and they get overloaded with the grind of everyday life and seeing the doom and gloom in the news..
Its a crazy world we live in.....

And it's not just guns (as the choice of weapon) quite recently there was a tragedy where a young man killed family members including decapitating his 5-year-old sister.

It could be that the media is focusing on these types of crimes, but it really does seem to me that something (beyond the economy) is very wrong.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Chalk another one up for religion.

According to the OP, she had a rather extensive background of mental illness.

ARGH!
Yet again, we have knowledge of "extensive mental illness" and yet this tragedy occurred anyways.

Freaking wonderful.

So, when do we start employing shrinks to sit in on religious meetings?
I think we'd catch a good number of crazies...

Not saying all religious people are crazy.
... just saying all crazy people seem to be religious.

[edit on 10-4-2009 by johnsky]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   
You would not believe the number of dangerous mentally ill people there are on the street.

In over 30 years as a EMT i had to transport over 2000 most (99%) were back on the street in less then 72 hours.
And we did not transport them unless they were dangerous to themselves or others. Calif State health code 5150

I only transported 2 to the state mental hospital and both had tried to kill police officers.

Most would not even care if you shot them and all will use any weapon they can get there hands on to kill you. rock, knives, baseball bats, there bare hands, And most cops will tell you the they seldom feel pain and do not know there own strength. You would have a very hard time fighting them off without a weapon.
I many cases pepper spray is useless against them.

And i have seen over the last few years that a growing number are illegal aliens. There families send them up from Mexico because the cops in Mexico just shoot them and do not try to get treatment for them.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by lel1111

This is true, These kind of things will happen regardless if its a bat,gun,knife or a spoon. When someone flips the script there is no way of knowing until its too late.

It reminds me of that movie "Falling Down". He was a perfectly sane person and one day he just had enough. Sometimes you just cant predict it or stop it from happening.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I live a stress free life and am a timid person who pretty much brushes everything off. Allot of people just cant do that. I'm sure some string of events led to her losing her mind and doing the unspeakable. from the sound of it she was sending out warning signals before it happened.Too bad no one noticed.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

That's agood point a very true. How many times have you read or heard that someone involved in an attack was 'High on PCP' or some such only to find out later that they had no drugs of any kind in their systems but had a history of severe mental health problems. The ACLU and its predecessor had a great deal to do with the laws that allow states to simply dump dangerous mental patients back on the streets with a script for medication and never taken and no recourse to keep them locked up. If you ever traveled by bus from one major city to another, you would see these folks being loaded onto them to be dumped somewhere in another city to get rid of them because the law can't deal with them.Simply shuffled around from one jurisdiction to another.
This mother had been banned from this shooting range in the past for sever behavoral problems and the person who wassupervising at that time wasnot aware of this persons background. The son knew about it but told no one in the facility when the arrived. I fault the son for knowing the situation and ignoring facts he was completely aware of. A tragedy? Yes, but completely preventable!

Zindo

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by scrubsnstuffkim
reply to post by Digital_Reality

What will happen when someone does a mass shooting at a day-care, or a preschool...then alot of people that didn't want them (the gov) to take our guns will be ready to hand them over....

No way. When gun owners read about some nut shooting up a daycare or whatever it makes them want their guns, and want to protect their gun rights even MORE.

Doesn't take a genius to figure out if people are cracking up then it might be a good idea to be prepared when the crazies come after you and your family.

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
The son knew about it but told no one in the facility when the arrived. I fault the son for knowing the situation and ignoring facts he was completely aware of. A tragedy? Yes, but completely preventable!

Yup. And if you watched the video with the witness's being interviewed, they said the mother and son both acted VERY hyper and anxious. The son knew his mother was not right in the head.

[edit on 10-4-2009 by Sonya610]

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Turns out this woman had rented a gun at the same range years before, and tried to kill herself. The ranged banned her, but a new manager guy was on duty that day.

I am quite sure her son KNEW she had tried to kill herself with a rented gun before, that sort of thing leads to being locked up in a asylum, he knew. He knew what was going down and he went along with it.

Yes she was obviously crazy...here is her long winded explanation...

www.orlandosentinel.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
this sounds like some kind of regressive hypnosis or self convinced dellusion. With the repeating in her head. Perhaps she was a victim of mind control?

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Maybe the son was tired of dealing with a crazy mother and thought she would try to kill herself again. Didn't quite work out as planned.

and

No, pencils do. Pencils cause you to WRITE the misspelled words. if you didn't write down the word, no one would ever know if you had the right spelling or wrong spelling at all.

Guns cause people to get shot. Humans, indeed, provide the psychological INTENT, but let's face it, INTENT without MEANS is purely INTENT.

In this case, nutty mother could have found another MEANS.

But for massacres? Michael mcLendon? Cho Seung-Hui? The Columbine boys? Guy who killed policemen because he feared "Obama was going to ban guns"?

All of them had INTENT. But without the guns to carry out mass shootings, INTENT would not be carried out into ACTION. Cho Seung-Hui would take the insults like the rest of us and end up in psycho treatment, instead of killing 30 innocent people. Michael mcLendon would end up in a mental facility, instead of killing 10+ people WHILE driving. Jiverly Wong would never have killed all the innocent immigrants who were just trying to build lives for themselves.

LONG LIVE THE USA indeed.

The USA should be full of LIFE. People that deserve to live, not die. Instead, it has been recently filled with DEATH. Deaths caused by idiots who think they can take others lives into their own hands. Idiots who think they're Satans or whatever #. Idiots who, really, are destroying the beautiful United States of America one shot at a time.

Pencils, indeed, do not cause misspellings (not accidental misspellings, mind you, it's like saying massacres are accidental). Humans do. But if you did not write out the essay, we never would have known you didn't know how to spell so many words. And in the end, really... who cares about whether or not you know how to spell?

Who cares whether or not you have a psychological disorder? As long as you do not take it out on the innocent, on the bystanders, on the immigrants, the neighbors, the children, the parents, the in-laws, the classmates, the teachers, the shopping mall store employees... you can wonder as much as you want whether you will be able to spell the word if you put it down on paper.

Perhaps you will know, deep inside yourself, whether you can spell the words. But as long as no one suffers from your misspellings... it's fine.

But then, people do.

So what should I do?

I take away your instrument that you use to misspell physically.

You can't write anymore. You can't misspell 30+ times anymore. You can misspell them in your head, one by one. But no one will suffer from them. Though it doesn't solve the problem completely because it doesnt address the fundamental issue, at most only 2 -3 lives will be lost across the span of a few HOURS, not a few MINUTES.

P.S. don't go off saying you can misspell an essay verbally. I would like to see you try that. It's really like saying after you take away the guns, people will suddenly have mass access to bombs.

P.P.S And btw, people DO continue to get murdered. Bare hands. Knives. Broken bottles. Humans are ingenious. But I daresay NO ONE will ever get murdered IN LARGE GROUPS ever again, if these laws were to happen ideally.

If I REALLY want to write something down and you've banned my pencil, would I not just find a pen, marker, or paintbrush? If I'm really really intent on misspelling some words I could find a piece of charcoal or even a pointy stick to scratch some words into a wall.

Banning things doesn't work.

And as far as people not being killed in large groups if guns are banned... I could think of plenty of ways of taking out large numbers of people in a very short amount of time without ever laying a finger on a gun. Some are very simple and actually much more effective than a gun would be.

People have been killing each other on a large scale for long before guns existed. Your argument is flawed.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by bubbabuddha
Why the hell did she have the kid in the first place? What a moron.

Uhm... probably because she had sex at some point?

Don't act like most kids are conceived with rational thought....

Life doesn't give two pence about the suffering of people, it only cares that procreation occurs...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join