It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I believe the allies share some responsibilities of the holocaust and should pay damages to victims.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I want to present to you my "wacky conspiracy theory" about WWII. Well it's not really mine per say but it's more Jim Marr's idea but I want to pin the blame on our government and our allies for supporting Hitler's rise to power. I think that the allies involved who aided and abetted the enemy who knowingly did it to fight communism should be punished for their actions. I believe they are partially responsible for Hitler's actions as they funded it.

[edit on 6-4-2009 by Frankidealist35]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
sorta giggled when i read this one, i honestly don't think its time for America to start sending even more money they we already do to Israel

and when does this *your ancestors did my ancestors wrong so you owe me* thing end?

i have roman ancestors, should i send Arabs reparations for what my ancestors did to there's?

[edit on 6-4-2009 by dkman222]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I am absolutly speechless! Really, Stunned. I respect your opinion, but my dear.....No, don't agree.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
A survivor of the Holocaust once wrote about what is called the "Grey Zone," which is quite applicable to this particular subject matter and thread.

Jim Marr is a fool; a flat out fool.

His attempt to assess responsibility and then cast blame is simply hindsight ludicrous. More importantly, as enumerated by Primo Levi on countless occasions, how can one reasonably assign blame and responsibility for an event which one did not experience?

As such:

One cannot assess responsibility for the Holocaust sixty years after the event. One cannot look back and assign roles for the “perpetrators”, who may have taken the only course available to them. Nor can one assign blame to those who reside in Levi’s “Gray Zone”, wherein power affects people in unique ways. Most importantly, one cannot assign blame for an event which one cannot fully comprehend without having lived it. Coming up with a definitive answer as to who is responsible for the Holocaust will never happen. The only goal is to remember that it did occur, and to work towards preventing another disastrous event such as this one in mankind’s future.

Who is Responsible?

[edit on 6-4-2009 by Seekerof]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Seekerof

Perhaps Hitler had motivation for his actions. But I'm just saying that a lot of allies supported him at the time due to his anti-semitic rhetoric, so, it's their fault if they made business deals with him and supported him even after the fact that it was found out that he was a horrible person.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
70 years later and people who were not there could not imagine what happened. just because grandpa told you about it does not give people rights to seek retribution. the only people owed were those that were wronged. The sins of the fathers are not the sins of the sons or their son's son's . people who survived ww2 are almost dead. The time will come when everyone will say enough about it. We hear about people dieing in this country every day due to some mental hysteria. Mass killings followed by suicide. Stalin killed millions more and Mao killed 60 million . Not saying that it makes it okay, but in the scheme of things, It just seems like ppl are using the holocaust to jump up and say " Look at me, Look at me, My distant relative knew a guy, and he died" . Enough with this We have more pressing matters in everyday life in this country now to deal with. The past happened , It cannot be changed. Lets get back on the bus and keep moving forward. Hell If I used the same argument that holocaust ppl use , There is some rich white family that owes me big , cause my moms black. They were maybe even Jewish??? So lets grow up and move on please. we have ww3 to worry about

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

So you want to assign blame to us, and it would be us paying(our tax dollars), for the Holocaust.

:shk:

Tell me, when was the last time you had an original thought?

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by gray-matter
people who survived ww2 are almost dead

We're not exactly dead yet, dear, although sometimes reading ATS I often wish I was

The trouble with reparations is that once one group is paid, another pops up. It might be blacks seeking compensation for slavery, or nations seeking funds from former colonial powers. And reparations always seem to be paid through the medium of hard cash, there's never really any other way by which penance is paid. Why's that ?

I met a gentleman in the early 1970's, he served in the British Army as a conscript and helped liberate a death camp in Germany towards the wars end. He was so troubled by his experiences he never recovered and he died a broken man.

Who compensates him ?

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I meant no offense to those that suffered or continue to suffer. Life is cruel . Man will only dominate and cause injury to his fellow man. We have the capacity to be civil but not the will as a species . As long as we ascribe to the belief that man has a right to rule other men than we shall only reap what evil and contempt we have sown. I have seen evil in my life . Friends gunned down around me, Been shot twice Stabbed once. Friends I would die for turned into friends I could kill for. It's not the good in ones soul that makes us better , but our ability to repress the evil. I've been to the brink , sitting in hospital bed with gauze around my neck , leg and shoulder, still tasting blood splatter from friends alive mere hours before. I've wanted revenge , I've wanted justice. The only justice is that by god. The greatest HUMAN thing we can do is forgive those that wrong us . because they do what is mere nature for them . Why hate the tiger for killing to eat? It is only it's nature, and the nature of men is to destroy and kill and dominate. I ascribe to the thought that we have to ascend this cycle of hate and forgive those that wrong us. Justice will have it's place. And I for one will never let the demons of my past ruin the chance for happiness in my life. If I had saught my own justice, I would be in prison, alone. But I left it in gods hands and I have a wife and son and the men that wrong me and those close to me have seen their justice.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   

The allies already paid their dues....
with millions of soldiers' lives!

[edit on 6-4-2009 by GuyverUnit I]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
I want to present to you my "wacky conspiracy theory" about WWII. Well it's not really mine per say but it's more Jim Marr's idea but I want to pin the blame on our government and our allies for supporting Hitler's rise to power. I think that the allies involved who aided and abetted the enemy who knowingly did it to fight communism should be punished for their actions. I believe they are partially responsible for Hitler's actions as they funded it.

[edit on 6-4-2009 by Frankidealist35]

You wrote this thread to upset me. Give me $50 and I'll be able to move on.

top topics

join