It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My INCH bag

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
All this fits in a large cargo pack with room to spare. It weighs 59 pounds. The pack has heavily padded shoulder and waiste belt. The pack sits as is with the top open so ammo may be put in it before going. Keep in mind this is to accompany my EDC.

Clothing
1 ea. Boonie hat, ski mask.
1ea. Thermals top and bottom.
3 pair wool, and wool blend socks.
2 pair boxers.
1 Blue jeans.
1 Camo BDU’s
2 T shirts.
1 long sleeve shirt.
1 long sleeve Chamois shirt.
1 Hooded zip hooded sweat shirt.
1 pair leather work gloves.
All clothing is packed in dry-sacks, or ziplock bags.
1 military poncho

Water, Fire, Cooking.
1 Katadyn water filter, and spare cartridge.
2 1 ltr. Canteens and covers.
1 Aluminum mess kit.
1 large coffee can. (many uses- large cook pot, can be used as a stove)
1 small coffee can.
1 KFS
1 Blast match (flint)
1 magnesium fire starter
1 Buck knife (partially serrated Nighthawk)
2 Bic lighters

Hygiene
1 Shamwow towel
1 washcloth
50 baby wipes
2 travel rolls of TP
1 travel Kleenex
1 toothbrush
1 collapsible brush mirror

Tools and Miscelaneous
1 Estwing axe
1 Gerber sawback machette
1 small hatchet
1 folding entrenching tool
1 File ( flat & half round, coarse and fine)
1 FAK w/ sutures, superglue, Ibuprofen.
1 Wrist rocket slingshot and spare rubber.
1 casualty blanket
50’ paracord
50’ 3/8 in rope
1 pulley
1 crank radio light. (AM/FM/Weather/SW)
1 crank flashlight
1 Fishing kit
1 Sewing kit
2 Bandannas
1 roll dental floss
1 Kershaw folding knife
1 small binoculars
1 athletic wrap
1 roll duct tape
1 roll electrical tape
3 MRE’s
3 Energy bars
1 Map topographical for this area
1 Edible / Medicinal plant guide for this region
1 3 person tent
1 sleeping bag.

EDC
Reading glasses, Leatherman, nail clippers, sm. Adjustable wrench, 2 AA maglight. Lighter, thumb drive.

Wallet, keys, cell phone, SAK.

For obvios reasons I chose not to list weapon choice or ammo here.

Spiritowl

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
looks good..The only thing I see thats maybe missing is some sort of tinder for your fire making kit..I good cheep tinder is some cotten balls soaked with vasaline,then wrapped in tin foil..you can either unwrap them completely for starting a fire or pull a little bit out of the top and use as a makeshift candle,or slow burning tinder..Oh and throw a can of some kinda Deet or bug juice in there..Chiggers and ticks suck..

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Shamwow towel? Really?

Aside from the annoying infomercial guy, I know nothing about these.

Do they work as advertised? Would you recomend to your friends?

Maybe I should think about picking a few up?

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redpillblues
looks good..The only thing I see thats maybe missing is some sort of tinder for your fire making kit..I good cheep tinder is some cotten balls soaked with vasaline,then wrapped in tin foil..you can either unwrap them completely for starting a fire or pull a little bit out of the top and use as a makeshift candle,or slow burning tinder..Oh and throw a can of some kinda Deet or bug juice in there..Chiggers and ticks suck..

For tinder I like dryer lint, its free too, lol.

2nd line.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
true but I would rather have something i know will light and burn in the rain,or after dropping it in a puddle..What about vasaline soaked lint???HYMM

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Tinder and fire fuels are fairly abundant. I taught my kids to build fires with only 2 matches to start with when it is raining. I am confident in my fire starting abilities. My major concern for the inch bag was not having stuff that will run out. Yeah I broke down with the wipes, TP and kleenex.

The shamwow towels do hold a tremendous amount of liquid. They don't work like the commercials, for example they don't dry on contact. But they do soak up a lot. A glorified sponge really. I put it in there thinking of a wound dressing.

Spiritowl

[edit on 5-4-2009 by Spiritowl]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Don't just soak your balls or lint in just vaseline. Make a mixture of 75% vaseline and 25% diesel or kerosene. It will make lighting them a lot easier regardless of weather.

As far as the Shamwow things go, my wife works at wal-mart and they sell them there. She said a lot of people have returned them because they don't work worth a crap.

And they make you want to hire a prostitute and beat the sh!t out of her

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spiritowl
Tinder and fire fuels are fairly abundant. I taught my kids to build fires with only 2 matches to start with when it is raining. I am confident in my fire starting abilities. My major concern for the inch bag was not having stuff that will run out. Yeah I broke down with the wipes, TP and kleenex.

The shamwow towels do hold a tremendous amount of liquid. They don't work like the commercials, for example they don't dry on contact. But they do soak up a lot.

Spiritowl

Tp is only going to last so long. We're going to end up medieval style eventually. An idea that you might want to think about (i know it's not going to be a favorable idea) is to take along some washcloths for the duty. Keep them in a ziplock bag and wash them in a creek when you have to use them. It will beat the hell out of accidentally grabbing some poison oak or ivy

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anuubis
Don't just soak your balls or lint in just vaseline. Make a mixture of 75% vaseline and 25% diesel or kerosene. It will make lighting them a lot easier regardless of weather.

her

Erm Do you you make a habit of coating your balls in petrolium jelly and leaving them out in the weather? , I'm pretty sure my mum warned me about people like that

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Sorry to sound ignorant but I have a BOB, I know what and EDC is and I also have a belt pack.
Then I have just started reading about a INCH pack, now is this a BOB ? if so why is it now called and Inch pack ?

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
INCH means"Im Never Coming Home"
I hope my BOB will cover as a INCH bag if I bug out and realize I can't go home

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by realboogyman

Yeah looking at it now it seems so obvious, anyhow thanks for the heads up friend.

Not a one liner but a two liner instead

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by colec156
Sorry to sound ignorant but I have a BOB, I know what and EDC is and I also have a belt pack.
Then I have just started reading about a INCH pack, now is this a BOB ? if so why is it now called and Inch pack ?

Inch is like a GOOD bag but better
, Inch = I'm not coming home, GOOD = Getting Out Of Dodge bag

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Northern Raider

As always NR, you are a fountain of knowledge.

I must take a look at my BOB, maybe I need two bags one for when it might be possible to come home after an event or maybe I should just go all out with a inch bag.
Mind you I think the only thing I might add would be a tent to allow a stay out in the open a little more easier and to assist with my tarp.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   

As always NR, you are a fountain of knowledge.

I must take a look at my BOB, maybe I need two bags one for when it might be possible to come home after an event or maybe I should just go all out with a inch bag.
Mind you I think the only thing I might add would be a tent to allow a stay out in the open a little more easier and to assist with my tarp.

I learn quickly from people with good ideas and some Americanese recently suggested as well as the layered EDC, BOB system the Bob system should also be layered with expansion modules. IE Basic Bob with main kit and supplies for 72 hours, Then Expansion kit 1 with extra rations, clothes, medical supplies, fuel to last say 168 or 336 hours. Expension kit two containing another layer which basically finishs off converting the 72 house disaster kit, to a BOB to an INCH bag. IE like the tarp you mention Ideal for 72 hours but with an expansion kit you could have a tent, the tarp would then be used as a wind break for the tent etc etc

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   

I have taken a look at my BOB , It does have room and clips for an expansion bag.
The layered outlook on the BOB looks like a winner for sure.
I will be purchasing additional fuel, food and adding extra medical supplies and clothing to the extra layered bag which will simply clip to my BOB.
Again thanks for the heads up.

Regards.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   

I have taken a look at my BOB , It does have room and clips for an expansion bag.
The layered outlook on the BOB looks like a winner for sure.
I will be purchasing additional fuel, food and adding extra medical supplies and clothing to the extra layered bag which will simply clip to my BOB.
Again thanks for the heads up.

Regards.

The concept certainly has potential, its an alternative to the traditional BOB bag and prelocated Caches if you need more flexability in your travel plans, IE you dont know where you are going or which route you will choose the INCH is a better arrangement. But for families with a retreat or safe location already sorted the lighter weight BOB and Cache system will probably be better ( I think ) ??

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Northern Raider

her

Erm Do you you make a habit of coating your balls in petrolium jelly and leaving them out in the weather? , I'm pretty sure my mum warned me about people like that

A lot of peoples mums warned them about people like me

I like to use a little kerosene also

The vaseline/diesel mix added to a little bit of (clean
) cat litter also makes a great napalm substitute.

[edit on 5-4-2009 by Anuubis]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Northern Raider

her

A lot of peoples mums warned them about people like me

I like to use a little kerosene also

The vaseline/diesel mix added to a little bit of (clean
) cat litter also makes a great napalm substitute.

[edit on 5-4-2009 by Anuubis]

Jeez thats a harsh way of stopping your cat from crapping in the garden??

[edit on 5-4-2009 by Northern Raider]

top topics

join