It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Announcing the ATS Press Corps

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by machinegun_go_go
Further to the latest email we have received from you, is it possible to apply for both reporter and editor role and allow yourselves to judge where you think our talents would be best utilised?

Yes... the nature of the "audition" style automatically allows for that.

1 - is there going to be a 'house' style guide?

I plan on using: www.chicagomanualofstyle.org as the generally accepted style of articles published via the ATS Press Corps.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Thanks very much for the response on that. It was something that was at the back of my mind since I first heard of this project.

Appreciate the prompt reply. Time to go and check out the link you provided!

Cheers,

MGGG

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Thank you, SO for the email today. I have already started on an "article" I put the word article in paranthesis because the story I am using for my article is made up. Hopefully, when it is due, you will agree that it shows off my style of writing very well and that it is exactly what ATS is looking for

Anyway, thanks again my good man, it is great to hear back from you

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
For independent Journalists, would you prefer written as well as video? Could it be either or?

I am certain that following explicit instructions from you the Chief Editor will be important in the final decisions, so just asking.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
For independent Journalists, would you prefer written as well as video?

I suppose it depends on your intended area of focus. If you intend to focus more on video contributions, then a video submission is what we're looking for.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by MCoG1980

This is brilliant, for the site and its members

Would love to be a part of this, but i just have a couple of questions before i apply.

- Are you able to collaborate on a project/story with other Press Corps ATS members? If so, you may get even better results.

- Can we be assured our personal details will not be sold on or used for any other purpose than the original reason for which they were supplied to you for? - Just checking

Still waiting on an answer for the above, maybe it got overlooked

Many thanks,
MCOG1980

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   

This is brilliant, for the site and its members

Would love to be a part of this, but i just have a couple of questions before i apply.

- Are you able to collaborate on a project/story with other Press Corps ATS members? If so, you may get even better results.

- Can we be assured our personal details will not be sold on or used for any other purpose than the original reason for which they were supplied to you for? - Just checking

Still waiting on an answer for the above, maybe it got overlooked

Many thanks,
MCOG1980

I can tell you myself that the answer to number one is yes you can collaborate.

Number two. I don't know for sure, but I doubt that they can sell any thing you write, legally. There would be a copyright issue there I imagine the answer is that anything you write, or whatever part you play in the making of an article, that part is yours and yours alone. Of course that is just speculation.

SO, will tell you for sure.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   

His second question was about his privacy. Not about selling his work.

Like many people, I won't give out complete personal information over the internet or elsewhere to anyone that doesn't legally require it.

It's easy to understand, under these circumstances, why they would require it.

It's a great idea having an official news crew on ATS... but what if it's really a conspiracy?!?!? OMG!

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Greetings SkepticOverlord,

Can we submit articles without being a designated reporter?

Will 'freelance' submissions be accepted?

(I'd gladly click a box at the bottom of the article in acknowledgment of a contract or set of T&C's that would address the status of intellectual property submitted in this manner. This would allow for ATS to get the scoop on certain stories - potential ATS reporters would be everywhere; no story would be out of range.

A high level of Editorial discretion would be assumed in such a situation.)

Edit:

Fellow members,

If this question has already presented itself and been sufficiently answered, could someone link me to it or quote it for me. My eyes may have missed it.

[edit on 14-4-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Will there be a board dedicated to just ATS journalists? Or maybe a flagging system built into the article?

I use the Recent Posts shortcut to see the latest posts even though I have 'favorite' boards.

Thanks for a great board!
(My head is still too far up my own ass to be a 'brown noser')

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrMattMaddix

His second question was about his privacy. Not about selling his work.

Perhaps re read what they asked. particularly the first part.

The question included wondering whether any of there stuff could be sold. That is why I gave the answer I did.

I understood what was asked. That is why I assured them that There ATS most likely wont sell any of there stuff and to wait for SO's response to get the final verdict.

I understand exactly what they meant. Thanks for your concern though.

Just wanted to add,any one who has applied and gets the job WILL be required to give their full name, adress, and an email adress. That will go on the press pass that all ATS presscorp will receive. It was specified in an email that, that is what that info will be used for hopefully that helps anybody who is wondering.

In fact anyone who has already applied should have gotten an email requesting that info a while back. We recieved the second round of emails yesterday telling us to prepare to write a sample article to send back....

[edit on 14-4-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Originally posted by DrMattMaddix

Will there be a board dedicated to just ATS journalists? Or maybe a flagging system built into the article?

If you dont mind me saying (of course SO will be the one to answer for sure) from what I have gathered there will be a new forum made for the journalists to post there articles in I have the impression that each thread/article will be locked so no one can post in them and they can only be read. I do NOT know this to be fact though, so take this info with a grain of salt.

Thanks for a great board!
(My head is still too far up my own ass to be a 'brown noser')

Ok now that was funny. Once again, I hope you don't mind me answering (or rather trying to answer) I figured you would not mind me telling you what I gathered, and of course, wait for SO to give the final word on your question.

peace and love

[edit on 14-4-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   
I am eagerly awaiting a mail either way, definately an exciting idea this! 12 days in the waiting and I am still checking my inbox every half hour!!

I do have a couple of questions for the time being whilst I do wait, however.

Firstly, will the articles produced by member journalists have a seperate section on ATS, or will they be under the umbrella of the standard News section?

Secondly, when you say "recent issues with staff"; how "recent" is recent? I am assuming an issue is something akin to a warning/temp post ban? I am generally a well behaved little poster, but I have had the occasional run in with "the Law" here....

[edit on 14/4/09 by stumason]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   

- Can we be assured our personal details will not be sold on or used for any other purpose

Yes, and that's already been covered.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
Can we submit articles without being a designated reporter?

Not unless you work with a reporter on the article. The whole point with this effort is to expand the content-generation on ATS by having a segment of topics where facts have been gained from sources other than web sites... such as actual phone calls or in-person interviews. The ATS Press Corps will be a group of people pre-screen and trusted to properly represent ATS to those people.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Thanks SkepticOverlord.

I figured that could end up being the methods for this sort of submission, and I understand the necessity and motivation behind it. This thing is going to be awesome once it gets started up ;-)

It probably wont take long before we members can figure out which of the press corps is up for handling and signing-off on a particular piece. Designating them co-author/editor would suffice ... I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

*Would these submissions immediately fall under the same/similiar intellectual property agreements we made when we agreed to the T & C's?

(I would consider the submission of a piece to a member of the Press Corps to be implied permission vis-a-vis editing and publishing - unless stated otherwise in the email. I would also assume the contributor's name would appear on the published work, unless requested.)

Oh golly, I should stop before I take a stroke from thinking about all this too hard. I'll just wait for the terms/guidelines/rules/contract to to come out. ;0)

Thanks again for the quick response SkepticOverlord. I appreciate it.

-I'm off to schmooze some reporters, and set up a big-time scoop from an inside source... after my nap

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
WOW, I don't know how I missed this thread, but I did!

So now a question....... Oh, I see the surprise look on your face.... a question from questioningall?

The question is................. this is such an awesome idea, is it too late now to submit an application? Have you already selected the group you want?

If it is not too late, I will definitely submit an application.

This is right up my alley!! I love investigating things and researching them. Bet you didn't know that!

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
OMG - I sent in an application, BUT silly me, did not put an area of focus on it, that I am very into, besides the govt. stuff - "Earth/nature" things

Do I need to send you another application with that submitted or if I get an email of being considered, put it in there - of the other focus?

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I have a question, if I may?

Do the replies get sent to the e-mail address associated with your ATS account, via U2U or to the e-mail address filled in when you applied originally?

The reason I ask is that the mail address associated with my ATS account is an old one and I am currently unable to access it. I have now changed it, but I was worried I may miss a reply if sent to my old account.

Also, when can we expect a reply? Not that I am being impatient, just eager

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Hi Stumason...

You need to resend and make sure you follow the directions/instructions to the letter (the Overlord is very picky that way) and include a good email address.

No guarantee you'll be selected, so if you don't get a reply email within a couple days of re-sending you can assume you weren't.

The criteria is pretty rigid and the Overlord is extremely picky.

Springer...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join