It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Announcing the ATS Press Corps

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by TH3ON3
Will the press credentials be a real credential? I mean will it let the reporters get in to say press conferences and major news worthy events like political question and answer press conferences?

In some cases you have to register with the local police department as a credentialed reporter/photographer,IE city issued Press Credentials as a reporter/photographer. Many press conferences and major news worthy events have a registration system. freelance is ok with most if you have some kind of Credentials as a freelance photographer.
Having a police department press pass from any police department helps(local is best 100 miles)
These days since 9/11 people taking photos in some places can have a problem with law enforcement.

Getting your credentials legitimized by a police department goes a long way.
I have crossed police and fire lines

en.wikipedia.org...

I had about a half dozen fake press passes. And one real press pass over the years,

I even had one fake photographers press pass for Soldier of Fortune magazine.
Boy did that one go over good.

One thing i have that helps is a fire department ID card from the volunteer fire department that i am a member of.

That plus the fake press pass has got me around many roadblocks at fire and accidents.

How do the PTB spot fake press.
by the camera you are carrying.

If you are carrying a cheap digital camera you are more likely to be stopped.

I carry a Canon F-1 with a 100-200 mm 1:3.5 telephoto lens and a Canon AE-1 with a 50 mm 1:1.8 lens.

This is what a professional would carry and make it look like I am a real press photographer.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Interesting project, and a great idea

I just applied for it

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Excellent news ATS.

I originally found this site for the haunebu projects information,and stayed for the news supplied and analysed by the clever ole membership here..
(Parts of the world I was passing through had various restrictions,censorship and bias.)

I would loved to have joined in with this too,unfortunately I live in a boring(and I mean reallly boring)part of the UK at the moment,where the most interesting thing that happens is the sun coming out.

an I carnt spel..:,) " or punctu...ate.

But excellent news and I'm looking forward to seeing this HUUUGE new step being implemented.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Oh man ... this is REALLY good.
Very professional.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I'm really excited about this. I really think this can take ATS to the next level and will open a lot of doors.

There are some really talented people here and look forward to seeing what they can do.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I can't wait to see what will be brought about by this. I think this is a great opportunity for members to really be able to dig for some stories instead of regurgitating regular news media here.

(although typically the news gets here before the MSM has it)

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
You're treading on some dangerous ground here.....

I can now see how sites like this could change the world, and I think this is just the tip of the iceberg for this crazy internet thing we have goin' here.

I don't know if I have 500 posts or not, but I'll be in Peru next week if you need any work done.

-Liquidsmoke

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Outstanding! Absolutely outstanding.

The world (and i do mean the world) has been waiting for something along these lines for decades.

I'd have applied myself, if i'd had the required amount of posts, but alas...

I know i'm probably preaching to the choir here, but a word of caution as to who get's the positions. 'You know who' will be vying for positions in such an enterprise, and you know who i mean by that of course! Perfect placement for the 'other side', as it were.

Thank you, and my whole hearted wishes for great success go out to you and the eventual team.

Spikey.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I wonder about what kind of rules will be in place. If just one person turns up at some event and asks something about some conspiracy theory, it could end up getting the whole abovenetwork journalism team blocked from events. It needs to be pretty strict in my opinion, all it takes is for one member to ask the wrong person if they are a reptilian, and it's all over.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Outstanding!

I see this becoming a huge success. I would apply if not for my new job, but as son Im settled I will be applying.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

This is brilliant, for the site and its members

Would love to be a part of this, but i just have a couple of questions before i apply.

- Are you able to collaborate on a project/story with other Press Corps ATS members? If so, you may get even better results.

- Can we be assured our personal details will not be sold on or used for any other purpose than the original reason for which they were supplied to you for? - Just checking

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   
This idea has me psyched.

I'm eagerly awaiting an email, good, bad or otherwise

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Hmm...not too happy about this.

While i can understand the desire to get som integrity into this field there is already a present problem with too many different presscards/credentials out there. My personal opinion is that if this is gonna have any purpose any member applying should at least already be a trusted member of IFJ.

Can any of the mods confirm that this "press pass" has been discussed and approved by IFJ?

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
This is an excellent move.

A great opportunity for professional investigative journalists who are interested in alternative topics to get involved in producing news and truth that is missing from main stream media sources, or has limited or no coverage.

I hope you can have an open channel for ATS members who do not have the skills or time to get involved to submit story suggestions, images, video and information to your journalists that will provide a way for members to collaborate with your news staff on potential important alternative news and events of interest to this community.

A working example of sorts.

In my travels over recent months I have witnessed an alarming trend in the shipping and manufacturing industry that so far has been able to survive the economic crisis.

There are numerous warehouses and manufacturing facilities that were once filled with American employees. While many of these companies have either shut down or cut back in this economy, or perhaps have outsourced to other countries... Some have began to hire illegal aliens and other immigrants to replace the American workers.

In one warehouse/manufacturer which will remain unidentified for now. A company which manufactures and ships products nation wide and has a main location in southern California has replaced virtually ALL American workers with illegal aliens. You'd have a very hard time finding anyone at that facility now who can speak ANY English. And it was not that way two years ago. On a recent visit to that facility they actually announced on loud speakers that immigration officers were on the lot so that illegal workers could hide out. And this is a large facility which employs a lot of people and also has strict security including a vast network of cameras, guards and fences.

That is one example, one facility, but it is happening in states and at facilities all over the country.

A story worthy of an investigative journalists time?

If a member had some material that could expose something like this and wanted to submit it to your news staff anonymously how would that be done?

I am not a journalist, but would possibly explore the opportunity to collaborate anonymously with a news staff if they were interested.

The above is only and example, though if anyone is interested... Run with it.

No matter what, I look forward to see what comes of this.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Very cool. Can't wait to see somebody at the White House Press Corps!

The new emphasis at Fox News on giving air to alleged conspiracy theories times up well with ATS bridging over to hard news.

Sometimes it seems to me like Glenn Beck is simply relaying the hot topics from ATS. I read about it first on ATS, then hear about it on Fox or see it on Drudge.

[edit on 5-4-2009 by greenorbs]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Forward thinking idea, that I for one am very interested in, and have applied. Time to give something back for all the years covering and taking part in demonstrations as a freelance photographer.

Respects

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Wow this is an awesome idea! Tons of wonderful writers and researchers on ATS so I can't wait to see how this works out. Perhaps i'll throw my hat into the ring once I have more free time too

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I wish that I could come up with new words to say what almost everyone else has already said. This is a great idea and definitely needed given the state of the media reporting at the current time.

The members of ATS have my complete admiration and I feel they can get the job done and do it well.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Would a certain amount of time be required to be an Investigative Journalists in order to receive the pass? Or can we do this at our own leisure?

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Not being impatient, as it isn't an issue how long it takes, but, I was wondering when we will hear back by?

As you know, you can take as long as you want
I'm just really looking forward to finding out, one way or another, how things turn out.

So Bill, do you have any idea by when the applicants will know if they are successful?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join