It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Announcing the ATS Press Corps

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Regarding the sample article, would a past thread be sufficient? If not, could we refine and past thread to fit the standards you have set?

-Dev

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I was actually kind of curious when we will be expected to turn our sample articles in. I may be getting ahead of myself though with that question.

I guess I should just wait for the email telling me to submit the sample article?

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I am very curious as to the express pass which was issued a few days ago, could we please hear a bit about how it went from all prospectives?

I am patient so if it is just not the time to discuss it openly I can wait...

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
I am very curious as to the express pass which was issued a few days ago, could we please hear a bit about how it went from all prospectives?

I am patient so if it is just not the time to discuss it openly I can wait...

You mean the press pass? They sent them out? I wasnt aware that they even picked anyone yet. Did I miss the annoucment of who got picked or something?

[edit on 20-4-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Yeah I've been waiting patiently hoping to hear something back one way or another.

If they have picked their team they haven't let us know yet I don't think.

I sent Bill an email earlier asking. (Yes I'm persistently annoying)

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Skeptic said a few pages back that 2 where rushed through as some members where going to a big event,

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
UPDATE

We're issuing a couple rush passes to two members who are covering a local event this weekend. They won't have the hologram confirmation seal of the finished passes, so those will be reissued once we get the holograms and print the final editions.

SO is just busy with it all and im sure we will all get our email soon about submitting our articles,

Use the time to perfect it lol

[edit on 20-4-2009 by asala]

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala

Skeptic said a few pages back that 2 where rushed through as some members where going to a big event,

SO is just busy with it all and im sure we will all get our email soon about submitting our articles,

Use the time to perfect it lol

Oh ok, thanks for explaining, I must have missed that post. I have been, by the way, perecting my article. i can't wait to send it.

I appreciate the response asala. I know that SO ia a very busy man.

EDIT TO ADD: I checked my e-mail and the letter from Bill has arrived. so any one who has not checked your email, do so now!

Thank's Bill, for sending the next round out!

[edit on 20-4-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
OK so I am 'guessing' here, Xconference? But who did you send? Oh I hope so and now I really want to know how this went from every possible angle.

Come on Guys spill the beans!

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Where do we submit the audition article? Through our private email we provided?

Also, do you want the audition article sent as an attachment or copy and pasted in the email?

I'm just trying to cover all my bases and make sure I do it right.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthChrisious
Where do we submit the audition article? Through our private email we provided?

Also, do you want the audition article sent as an attachment or copy and pasted in the email?

I'm just trying to cover all my bases and make sure I do it right.

Yeah, it wasnt very specific on exactly how Bill wanted the articles submited(although everything else was). I just clicked reply, cleared what was in the body, copied and pasted my article and used the subject "My Sample article".

hopefully that is suitable for Bill.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
If you read the (as far as i know) e-mail explaining what us prospecting journalists should do with the 'audition'.... It says pretty clearly that it can be a fictional news article. And they're due on the 5th of May... unless I'm mistaken.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2
If you read the (as far as i know) e-mail explaining what us prospecting journalists should do with the 'audition'.... It says pretty clearly that it can be a fictional news article. And they're due on the 5th of May... unless I'm mistaken.

You are correct. The sample article does not have to be a factual news piece. It can be a made up story and it is due by may 5th.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
So, let me ask.....

If there was a consideration for someone being in the Press Corp, they would have received something from their application, correct?

Also, if someone did not receive something from their application, then they are not being considered, right?

What if someone takes intiatives on their own to try and do something to be considered for the Press Corp, to prove they are capable of going out and getting stories, etc - Will they be considered afterwards for it?

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall
So, let me ask.....

If there was a consideration for someone being in the Press Corp, they would have received something from their application, correct?

Also, if someone did not receive something from their application, then they are not being considered, right?

What if someone takes intiatives on their own to try and do something to be considered for the Press Corp, to prove they are capable of going out and getting stories, etc - Will they be considered afterwards for it?

To my knowledge people who have applied that are being considered have already recieved 2-3 emails. Let me think. There was one they sent us letting us know they recieved our ap's. One that said to get ready to send your sample article in and another saying to send it. I suspect there will be one more letting the ones who have been selected that they were in fact selected. I will venture to say that if you have not gotten any email from bill you have not been chosen.

he did say once that if rules that he sets forth are not followed to the T, he may not even send that person an email... Are you sure you submitted your ap correctly? It is too late now any way I guess.

Of course the official answer to your question will most likely come from Bill (SO) here.

[edit on 24-4-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Nope I didn't get anything at all from Mr Overlord -

Thanks for the info.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Qa I would give it a little time as the workload has been astronomical in the past week and a half. Everyone is peaking out on news and change.

Of course I have NO idea how it is for So and his people, but think about all the new additions to the site and forums as well as an incredible week of 'hits' on ATS with the production of the Top Breaking Stories.

Your work is valued I am certain, you have a fan base here, you have friends in high places, of that I am certain.

What none of us (or most of us) know at present is why you have not recieved word from SO on your statis. I would suggest the go ahead with your plan to create a blockbuster audition interview and go from there.

I realize it is NOT my place to discuss your business in public, and do not in any way speak for anyone but myself, and have no inside on this or any other forum, but I wanted you to get a reply so badly that I am just guessing with you, for you...

Be well, talk soon my friend.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by tomra
Hmm...not too happy about this.

While i can understand the desire to get som integrity into this field there is already a present problem with too many different presscards/credentials out there. My personal opinion is that if this is gonna have any purpose any member applying should at least already be a trusted member of IFJ.

Can any of the mods confirm that this "press pass" has been discussed and approved by IFJ?

Wow, i´m both talking to myself as well as quoting myself. That has to violate board rules :-)

Not gonna crash the party here in any way but i´m still curious. Can any of the mods/admins comment on how this is seen in relation to the challenges working journalists face on a daily basis?

Please forgive me if this have been adressed. 20yrs of staring through nikkor lenses has somewhat degraded my vision.

Oh, just to clarify, i like the idea but it has to be done properly and with the right integrity otherwise i fear it will cause more damage than do good.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
This is an outstanding way for ATS to bring issues not covered by the mainstream media outlets to light. Indeed, one of the reasons I do not post more often on ATS is my volunteer work for Patriot and Prophecy groups; to include public speaking engagements. The ability to really express what is important to ‘fly over country’ Americans in a way that appeals to them would draw new membership to ATS and help widen open discussions across our membership. This can only be good for our community.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
This will be nice i just hope it turns out better that our MSM copy paste board. i mean our alternative news board

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join