It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Announcing the ATS Press Corps

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Announcing the ATS Press Corps

Hello members, it's time to take AboveTopSecret.com to the next level, with our own crew of investigative journalists. Today marks the official kick-off of the AboveTopSecret.com Press Corps, a unique team of writers, photographers, and videographers from our fertile and superior membership. Over time, we hope to develop and foster an aggressive team of fact-finders and truth-seekers who go out and find the stories everyone else (in mainstream media) is ignoring.

How It Works

Press corps members will be issued official, individualized press credentials (which can be confirmed) to identify them as journalist representatives of AboveTopSecret.com. They will work on stories that cover the topical-areas discussed on ATS, and find their original material through online and offline sources. These original-to-ATS stories will then be published to a dedicated Press Corps forum for members to read and post replies.

Who Qualifies

Any member with 500 posts or more, in good standing (no recent issues with staff) can apply to be an ATS journalist in our Press Corps. Also, if you're a newer member (or don't have 500 posts) with a journalistic background, we'd want to hear from you.

Just be aware that we will need your full legal name and address for the press pass, and to respond to any queries we get confirming your status as a journalist.

What We're Looking For

We're looking to set a new standard for original content on ATS. Not that we don't already have an incredible amount of stunning threads, but this effort focused on breaking new news on contemporary events, issues, and people. These must be original, independently researched articles where much of the work involves actual interviews, original photographs, original video, and great writing.

Your Status

Members of our Press Corps will be defined as independent freelance journalists affiliated with The Above Network, LLC and AboveTopSecret.com. You will be asked to sign a code-of-conduct statement that promises absolute integrity in your investigations.

Payment

It is our sincere hope that we will eventually be able to pay competitive fees for articles from the Press Corp. Until then, all contributing journalists will equitably share in the advertising revenue generated by the content in the dedicated forum. If the effort becomes a success, we will transition to a per-article fee system, like any other media source working with freelance contributors.

The Press Pass

And the press pass looks pretty good too...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8a963c0320cb.jpg[/atsimg]

HOW TO APPLY

If you're interested in participating in this new effort on ATS, simply us our CONTACT FORM and make sure the subject line is "ATS Press Corps Application". Tell us a bit about yourself, where you live, and what topics you intend as your focus. We'll get back to you with additional details about how to impress us and get what is certain to be the most coveted press pass around.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Would working in a "media type" field already, pose a problem with applying for a "position" such as this?

Would that be considered a conflict of interest in other words?

Other than my above question... I think this is a wonderful and unique idea that will bring a stronger presence of important articles.

[edit on 3-4-2009 by TwiTcHomatic]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Nice idea.

I'm quite sure you will find some wonderful members who will make this next approach in the evolution of ATS an absolute success.

I look forward to seeing this next phase.

link   
Wow.

What a cool idea.
Never thought I'd see something like this here.
This could really be beneficial to the site.

Kudos team.

- Lee

link   
That is AWESOME. I never saw ATS developing its own journalism.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Hopefully this helps in cleaning up the site and exposing the conspiracies in our every day lives. Good luck to the corps!

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Great idea.

There are some incredible "diggers" around here that are sure to get to the bottom of some of the things other media ignores.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
This is a marvelous idea, and something I just knew would be part of the Revolution of the ATS future, count me in!

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Great idea.

I don't know if we are meant to say so here, but I've applied.

Put my Diploma to good use.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I can imagine the PTB needing some aspirin for the headache thats coming.

What a cool idea

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Seems a logical and natural progression. Good luck.

I can't wait to read the articles.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
how do we know how many post we have?

cause i am very interested in this!!!!

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Will that press pass get me into a White House press conference?

Cuz... Helen Thomas is a fox!!!

[edit on 3-4-2009 by Sarkazmon]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I will definitely be sending you an application to join your press corps!
I'm rather excited by this prospect.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Excellent idea!

As a journalist, I'd love to get to the bottom of the conspiracy around my town involving big pharmacy, the authorities & doctors, and citizens who ask too many questions;

Where people are detained, and then diagnosed, and put on medications to correct a "chemical imbalance" , when no actual chemical-balance tests were ever administered!!?!

But I think I know what would happen, if I asked too many questions!

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Darth_Prime

Just click the 'profile' tab at the top of the board, and you'll be viewing your own ATS profile. Looks like you're at 107 posts...

OR, you can just click on your username Darth_Prime, and get there, too.

[edit on 4/3/2009 by FRIGHTENER]

link   
Well I'm interested and I've applied.

I think this is a great idea. I hope to participate in many discussions even if I'm not approved. This is a real chance for ATS to expand. I'm very excited about the possibilities.

link   
You guys never cease to amaze me.
I will think and get back to you.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Oh this is an excellent idea!

I had to step up and apply. I think that it will be a great way to start working towards my own goal of being a journalist.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
WOW!

First the ATS media and now this...

I'm really excited about the prospect here.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join