It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wartime Operations Order Issued - North Korean Army

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Wartime Operations Order Issued - North Korean Army

www.dailynk.com

Starting the countdown to the scheduled rocket launch, the North Korean General Staff issued at 2 P.M. on April 1 an emergency order, “On Keeping a Wartime Operational Status,” to all military organizations and the People’s Army.

A source from North Hamkyung Province said on Friday in an interview with Daily NK, “An urgent decree under the name of the General Staff of the People’s Army was issued through the military communications line, aimed specifically at the People’s Army...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
North Korea is playing hard time... Lets see where this mess is leading the world this time... About 24 h to launch!

Optimistic will say - nowhere - North Korea has announced war possibilities so many times before too... Whats the difference this time?

Pessimistic will say - disaster - North Korea has alarmed west so many times, and they wont step back this time... Thats the difference this time!

I say - lets be carefull - there are japanese, south koreans, chinese, US vessels all around... Lets hope there is no happytrigger in the deck next night!

Let them shoot their rockets - what we care? - Give them possibility to enjoy their technical advances, why west should keep them in caves. Sovereign nations has all the rights to rockets and bombs like others... Whats the difference?

China will keep NK in course - let them handle North Korea.

www.dailynk.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Well they started fueling the rocket... so I would expect a launch tomorrow while the weather is good... otherwise they'll have to wait until april 8.

Their army is always on high alert for this kind of stuff.

Even if they attacked SK, it wouldn't be the same thing as 1950 for several reasons.

In 1950, they had better equipment than the US, the South Korean army was not prepared, not trained, had WW2 stuff, most of the soldiers deserted... The North Korean army was well organised, had a surprise attack, had better and more troops/equipment than SK.

NK have no chances to break the SK lines unless the SK-US troops are not ready and on alert RIGHT NOW.

The problem if a war break out is that probably NATO will go for it until NK is conquered. And the other problem is China and Russia. They won't like/accept NATO bases on their borders... it would be like NATO putting bases in Ukraine or Belarus... Russia would be pissed.

“If the enemies frantically add fuel to the fire of war by any means they can, our revolutionary military forces may well crack down on the enemy citadels preemptively.

``add fuel to the fire``... meaning almost anything. That is worrying... but it's probably for internal propaganda.

[edit on 3-4-2009 by Vitchilo]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Sounds like an old school propaganda message example:

The American and Japanese imperialists and South Chosun (Korea) puppet factions are trying to preemptively attack us by arranging their forward-deployed naval forces along our East coast, because they have lost their nerve in advance of our peaceful satellite launch.

More grandstanding IMO, but the first comment after the article (north Korea 9) is interesting...

Can anyone confirm what the commenter said about Indonesia already having launched the NK comm sat a few months ago?

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Well right now it is April 4th 2009 almost 4am in North Korea. I am fully expecting it to be launced Sunday according to predicted weather conditions.

Here is the local time and forcast with windspeeds.

Weather and Time

-Kdial1

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I think they'll launch. They have to save face. There is no turning back now. The only question is will Japan, south Korea and the US Blink?

I think we will because nobody wants to start a war right now. This will only give North Korea more propaganda in which to thumb it's nose to the world and on top of the already disastrous financial situation in the west only add even more fuel to the fire of the US and the west loosing global influence.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
The Korean War never officially ended, so the army is always on high alert during this prolonged cease-fire.

If North Korea does launch this rocket, Japan or the United States should intercept to see if DPRK launches a counter-attack. The People's Army wish to play hard ball? Let's see if they stick to their word.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

I would have to agree. I think that if they launch it, then it should be brought down. Not only b/c N. Korea says that they will retaliate, but because if nobody does, then it would give other communist nations 'fuel' as they would all start threatening war if we did anything that they do not believe in.

edited to remove offensive language.
gallopinghordes

[edit on 3-4-2009 by gallopinghordes]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
As I've said before, I'll say again.

This launch is more symbolic than physically representative of N. Korea's military prowess.

If anything, this launch is aimed at the citizens of N. Korea, figuratively speaking, to show to them their government has the balls to stand up to the International community and at at the same time is steadily advanced forward in the name of national security.

If you boil it down, this test just like the failed Nuclear test in 2006, which didn't even work, represents a step backward in terms of military engineering.

They're conducting so many tests precisely because they're not even sure if they're missiles work themselves.

It shows a complete lack of faith and promise in their own military power, not aggression towards the US, or Japan or whoever else.

Let them save their face and embarass themselves in front of National television when this thing falls out of the sky 30 seconds after launch just like the previous Tapeo-Dong missile test.

N. Korea is still no closer to have a fully-fledged ICBM.

[edit on 3/4/09 by The Godfather of Conspira]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I just wish they'd hurry up and get it over with, I mean WWIII. I personally have had enough of this planet. I will NOT be coming back here. Unless of course a group of open minded people survive whatever is to come and we can shape the planet the way that is fair for everyone, like a Veus Project type scenario where thinking and clever use of technology and resources is the way the world will be.

I'm sick of all the idiots who can't see the big picture with everything, not just this launch. It's killing me on the inside, more than I know...

So if they are going to launch and then a response is given back, ust stop screwing around and get it over with already....

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
...and warmongers gets their great momentum...

POSSIBILITY PROUDLY PRESENTS - US NEOCONS!

Weigh military strike if NKorea hits Japan: Bolton

WASHINGTON (AFP) — The United States should weigh military action against North Korea if it hits Japan in its upcoming rocket launch, conservative former policymaker John Bolton said Friday.

Bolton, who served as US ambassador to the United Nations under former president George W. Bush, said he did not support a pre-emptive strike as it was unclear how serious North Korea's test would be.

www.google.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Well if NK bomb Japan, yes the SHOULD LOOK at what are the options... war included. But ANY real war against NK would be forced to have ground troops... which means a draft in the US... But that son of a gun Bolton is probably advocating war if NK just give a bad look at Japan... like he always does, he's a warmongerer.

So... let's say that would be the worse scenario... If I would be Obama and NK attacked Japan, I would call for Japan, SK, Russia and China to take care of it, would provide anything necessary in terms of weapons to Japan and SK... to finally obtain a united Korea as MacArthur wanted.

[edit on 3-4-2009 by Vitchilo]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I agree your point of view. Keeping out from every mess would only strenghten US.

I think this launch is only provocative act - and doesnt lead to anything other than hard talks - but its always a threat when too many happytriggers are sailing in same waters...

Thanks from repply.

I just hate Bolton.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN
...and warmongers gets their great momentum...

POSSIBILITY PROUDLY PRESENTS - US NEOCONS!

Weigh military strike if NKorea hits Japan: Bolton

WASHINGTON (AFP) — The United States should weigh military action against North Korea if it hits Japan in its upcoming rocket launch, conservative former policymaker John Bolton said Friday.

Bolton, who served as US ambassador to the United Nations under former president George W. Bush, said he did not support a pre-emptive strike as it was unclear how serious North Korea's test would be.

www.google.com...

Bolton is ONLY right because..

Of course if the missile has a payload and not a satellite and it hits Japan they will "weight all options". They will retaliate.

Duh!?

Gosh I hate Bolton.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Godfather of Conspira
As I've said before, I'll say again.

This launch is more symbolic than physically representative of N. Korea's military prowess.

If anything, this launch is aimed at the citizens of N. Korea, figuratively speaking, to show to them their government has the balls to stand up to the International community and at at the same time is steadily advanced forward in the name of national security.

Let them save their face and embarass themselves in front of National television when this thing falls out of the sky 30 seconds after launch just like the previous Tapeo-Dong missile test.

The fact of the matter is that little Kim is unstable OK so he isn't stupid but has that in the past stopped unstable leaders from making dumb mistakes?
No!

Why does N Korea need a communication satellite? They are forced to live in the stone age by their own communist government and because of their backwards monolithic dictator who has completely brainwashed the N Korean populous into believing he is almost a God like his father. It isn't like North Korea needs a comm sat when they don't even have enough power to light up their country at night what are they going to communicate? More Static over the airwaves?

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Just what I was thinking! What the heck do they need a satellite for? Those poor people don't go walking around with cell phones, ipods, and blackberrys.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
So the Mighty Midget is going for Best Actor once again. I wish he would do a TV appearance himself. Only way for him to get his Welfare Check I suppose. The cleaning bill for those colorful uniforms for the parades alone must be staggering.

Everybody should turn around and count to 10 billion while somebody solves this and say isn't it nice the problem fixed itself. Should take to about lunchtime to shut him down.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   
President Obama says "there will be action by the international community" if North Korea proceeds with the launch. I feel safe now.

We've got a President who sucks up to the international community by blaming Americans for the global economic meltdown. What better time for a mentally-challenged dwarf Dictator to try to stir the pot with a little war! After all, the Global Superpower won't intervene because it is trying to be "nice" now that the hippies are in the White House and Congress!

[edit on 4-4-2009 by CreeWolf]

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by PammyK

I read somewhere that it's supposed to act as a guidance system for the rest of their future missile program, which includes nuclear warheads. Hence the level of concern in the international community. That's how I understood it anyway, correct me if I'm wrong.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

The fact of the matter is that little Kim is unstable OK so he isn't stupid but has that in the past stopped unstable leaders from making dumb mistakes?
No!

Exactly right.

Like that unstable ignoramus George Bush, who blatantly lied and convinced everyone Iraq had WMD's.

Now the same case is being made for N. Korea and you're failing to see it because you don't want to learn from your mistakes.

Why does N Korea need a communication satellite?

So you're suggesting America now has the right to determine who in the world can have access to Nuclear Energy AND SATELLITES now?

When does this 'International Sheriff' mentality end? When America is the head of the global government?

N. Korea needs a communication satellite the same reason America has about 50 orbiting the Earth, probably about half of which are in actuality spy satellites, so don't plead ignorance on this and pretend America actions are "saintly".

N. Korea is not bound to any "satellite treaty", nor is a communications satellite relying ground signals an offensive weapon.

Give me a sold reason why they should be denied the right to a satellite?

They are forced to live in the stone age by their own communist government and because of their backwards monolithic dictator who has completely brainwashed the N Korean populous into believing he is almost a God like his father.

And the sky is blue.

Thanks for that little hint of propaganda in reminding me the state of N. Korea's regime. I was born yesterday obviously.

You word it like a Cold War-era flash bulletin.

It isn't like North Korea needs a comm sat when they don't even have enough power to light up their country at night what are they going to communicate?

Whatever they damn well please.

I don't see anyone kicking up a stink about the United States extensive spy satellite network which is peeping on everyone and anyone across the world 24/7.

I'm not trying to play Devil's Advocate here but you can't seriously suggest to me America can deny other countries the right to communications infrastructure.

Launching a 5 ton scrapyard into orbit with a satellite in the warhead is one thing.

Being capable of a creating a nuclear fission chain reaction to weaponize for a warhead is completely another.
You need the money, brains and technical equipment to do it, none of which the North Koreans have, save for trinkets they imported from Pakistan's A. Q. Khan in the 1990's, like centrifuges.

N. Korea is being exaggerated as a "clear & present danger", by the same people who brought you Afghanistan, Iraq and an attempted war with Iran.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join